Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Not The Girl I Was... (Panoramic)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nevermore

Nevermore

Not The Girl I Was... (Panoramic) Empty
PostSubject: Not The Girl I Was... (Panoramic)   Not The Girl I Was... (Panoramic) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Helena was determined to learn to fly a Pegasus. That meaning she would smell like the stables for the rest of her life seemed to be a safe perdiction; even for a daughter of Apollo. Given to the idea that she would surprise Jack, Helena had gone to the stables herself and brought out the same white Pegasus with black mane that she had on that first flight they had done together. Swallowing hard, the Pegasus seemed to be getting used to her which was more than Helena could say for it.

Taking the Pegasus stallion onto the Horse Path, Helena had to climb up onto a tree branch before she could get onto the massive creature. This would be a lot easier if Jack were around. But soon they'd be together again and the sooner she learned how to fly a Pegasus the sooner they could fly to Orlando together and hopefully France if the first flight didn't kill them.

"Alright, we can do this together Walt." She said, patting the horse gently on the side of his face as they trotted towards the take off point. Helena was prepared for the lift this time but her stomach still sank as her Pegasus flew off into the sky. He was much more sensitive to her now and took his time flying.

Helena felt somewhat at ease and considered that eventually she would have to learn to fly without holding onto the Pegasus so tight. After all; her and Jack would have to fight monsters outside of Camp's borders.

But as she observed the scenery around her, Helena saw something in the distance. It certainly couldn't be a monster but maybe it was another Camper...
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Not The Girl I Was... (Panoramic)   Not The Girl I Was... (Panoramic) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:08 pm

Benjamin Salinas

I really didn't know what had came over me when I contemplated forcing a pegasus to fly as fast as it can from checkpoint to checkpoint... but I don't regret it at all. From being in this camp for 3 years, never had I found anything more amusing than pegasi riding. Well, that and the rumors these people like to weave out. They were just the most angelic equestrian creatures only a mortal would ever want to ride to school to. It's too bad that they aren't aware of their existence, but that's okay, it just means more fun for me.
Hehe...you know what this particular moment feels like right now? It was as if I was speeding across the skies in the speed of sound... kind of like our blue hedgehog friend, Sonic the Hedgehog. I had such fond childhood memories of that particular video game character. I remember getting Sonic Adventure 2 for my ancient Dreamcast console. It was fun having Sonic run around through many different areas and landscapes. It was also fun to make him jump straight into death as well, just watching him cry for help while he struggled to get out of the water... heh.
"C'mon fair winged horse! Show me your true potention and give me the loopiest of figure 8's, huh?!" I cheered in delight, despite the fact that the horse was moaning and groaning hard from my request. Reluctantly, it began to pick up its speed and shot up to the sky, ready to make a smooth move down. I laughed hysterically as I got a kick out of this, clinging onto the horse like my life depended on it. It probably did since I didn't want to fall off either. It was a good thing I decided to wear contacts today, or my glasses would have been blown away by the winds. It looped around in circles at least three times, eventually getting myself half-nauseous to the head so the pegasus was finally given a break... well not after I made it speed through once more.
I felt as if we were just a tad bit close to breaking the sound barrier, going at this speed in one mile at a time. I think this is the perfect time to sing out a hearty song.
"RIIIDDDING AROUND IN THE SPEED OF SOUND, GAT PLACES TO GO, GOTTA FOLLOW MY WAY HOME!"
But alas, as I began to sing my heart out and closing my eyes to feel more of the experience, it didn't give me the chance to turn away before charging fast like a bullet to another individual in the skies. I had felt a sharp thud and my winged horse began to neigh out in panic. It would seem that I had knocked someone out of course. Oh joy.

OOC: You have permission to kill me

Last edited by panoramic on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mostgloriousbeing.tumblr.com
Nevermore

Nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Not The Girl I Was... (Panoramic)   Not The Girl I Was... (Panoramic) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:46 pm

It occured to Helena, as Walt swooped gently and glided wth the breezes that she was starting to get the hang of this whole Pegasus riding routine. Gradually her arms loosened and her shoulders stopped tensing so that she could really take in the atmosphere. Looking down, Camp Half Blood really did look beautiful and inviting. While she hadn't seen it that way before, things were changing for Helena at Camp and so was she.

Her eyes on the Apollo Cabin, watching for Jack as she assumed she might spot his mess of brown hair from this bird's eye view, the young woman was taken completely by surprise.

Suddenly her Pegasus neighed, winnined in fear and was send skidding across the air in a similar way someone would be thrown straight against the ground. Helena had to cling to the Pegasus' mane in order not to drop off and plummet to her death. But once the shock was cleared and she was left dazed and irritated the daughter of Apollo looked to see who had caused such an accident.

It was the Camper she had seen in the distance! How could he have ever gotten to where she was so quickly!? He was clearly going too fast...

"HEY!" She shouted at he young man in a tone that Helena didn't even know she possessed. "You nearly killed me and my Pegasus! How dare you fly so quickly, you reckless. senseless twit!" What she said shocked the girl further, it remined her of the tone Jack had used when seekig revenge on those Hermes Campers for pranking them.

"Why do you not be more careful!?" Her french accent got thicker when she was emotional and level-headed Helena was anything but as her face blazed red.

Maybe Jack really was rubbing off on her...
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Not The Girl I Was... (Panoramic)   Not The Girl I Was... (Panoramic) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Benjamin Salinas

I do admit, I was going far too fast for just regularly taking a pegasus out for a flight. In fact, my pegasus had began to rock me around just to get me off its back. Of course, being a son of Morpheus, I had the ability to tranquilize it just so it can regain it's sanity and not send me falling for my death.
Upon accidently doing what I had done, I overhear the angry screams of the other demigod who I had just almost killed with my pegasus. Her face was of a pure shade of red, shouting tons of hurtful words at my face.
"Hey, hey! Don't be so harsh on me now. At least I didn't intend to push you off the pegasus like that." I shrugged at her, giving her the opposite-of-reassuring grin on my face. If I had felt sorry for doing that, I would have apologized. But I have no regrets, because that was the most fun I ever had in a week.
"I was careful.... sort off! Maybe if you had moved a few inches away from my flying track then maybe you wouldn't get sky bulldozed over!" I was just laughing at her, being quite amused by myself and her reaction. Sometimes I don't even know if I'm crazy or just a plain immature child. Maybe I'm a little bit of both, heh.

OOC: Sorry for the long wait! C:

Back to top Go down
http://mostgloriousbeing.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not The Girl I Was... (Panoramic)   Not The Girl I Was... (Panoramic) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not The Girl I Was... (Panoramic)
Page 1 of 1