Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Rock the treetop -Panoramic-

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vixy

Vixy

Rock the treetop -Panoramic- Empty
PostSubject: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Days were becoming hard. The war, the doom right around the corner. Amaranta wasn't ready for all this, the drama. All she'd ever wanted was to find a hero to sweep her off her hooves, but now she had to worry about her archery, her music, everything about war. She'd never been one for fighting, being more interested in human fashion. So usually, she went off to hide from all the fighting and listen to her ipod in the trees, away from the fear and drama.

Today was the same. Tucked in a little section of tree behind her home, her pink headphones in her ears, listening to "Call me, Maybe" loudly enough that anyone next to her would hear it faintly. Her green eyes were focused elsewhere as her pigtails blew in the breeze. Pink hooves click at the trunk of the tree in time with the music.
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Rock the treetop -Panoramic- Hudsoncopy
"Hudson"Ernest Hudson Giles
36 (18 h.yrs)|Christmas, December 25th 1976|Male|Demisexual|Camp for 10 years

What a fantastic day, it was that kind of glorious day where the monsters are prancing about with glee and the heroes are all singing in opera- of course he meant screaming in tune.
Monsters weren't just prancing about of course, they were practically destroying the camp grounds and eating the heroes... that's why they're all screaming in tune.
The heroes aren't screaming in tune though, they were just screaming... in pain.

Hudson was just done with this camp, he can't even fend for himself properly with a couple of knives and a violin so what would he do with a bunch of heroes in trouble?
Sure he can take it on with one monster, but with an army of them? He'd run before turning into a good wholesome bowl of goat stew.

He felt so pathetic, all he can do was just take the injured to safety. He wanted to do more then just that but at the same time he was just tired of the pointless fighting and the constant dying.
Can't heroes, gods, monsters and other creatures all alike just take it to the table and negotiate with each other? That's what mortals do!

This protector job sure wasn't easy, but it did give him an important lesson in life.
You can't have everything you want, and that being a normal life.
that lesson does set well with this fine, glorious day.

He walked around the village in a slow gait. He just wanted to go back to his hut and oversleep the entire battle until it was over.
He kept his head down, looking at the ground and leaving a trail on the dirt with his violin bow.
Alas, it was a pretty depressing day for him and the residents of Camp Half Blood...
so what if he just plays a little tune just to cheer himself up?
What shall it be?
  • An optimistic tune?
  • A composed victory song if they win this battle?
  • Something horrible to drive all the monsters away?

As he tried to play something decent on his violin, the only thing that came from it was Call Me Maybe.
He just stopped playing his violin before he got even more depressed.

As he drags himself around, he passes by a tree with another individual sitting on top.
It must be the female satyr that lives around here, he thinks to himself as he looks at her.
She was minding her own business, listening to music on her iPod and- wait a minute... is she listening to that dreaded song? the thought comes up as he listens attentively to the tapping of her pedicured hooves.
What a coincidence...

He started to just play the music along with her taps. It was a catchy tune, even if the song was so typically horrendous.
What else is he going to get from a war-driven day?

Last edited by panoramic on Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mostgloriousbeing.tumblr.com
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:42 am

It had been a little shocking to hear the sudden violin going along with her tapping hoof. Looking over, her green eyes widened, the headphones being removed. "Uhhhh...Hello?" The greeting was spoken questionably, and for a reason! Some random satyr here, violining all over. Her eyebrow raised. Shifting, she leaped down from the branch she'd been perched on, landing with a clop on the wooden pathway underneath. "Can I help you?"
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:07 am

Hudson stopped when she came down beside him and questioned his really weird motives. He might as well just spill it.
"Well, your tapping did serve as some kind of metronome but I guess the fun is over now, ain't it?"
The song pretty much sucked to play on a violin anyway.
Since she pretty much thought of him as a weirdo already, he wanted to see if he can make a grand impression on this satyr-lady
"I happened to notice your wonderful musical tastes, so I came over to make songs pierces the heavens above." While saying so, he takes his violin bow and points at the skies.
He didn't seem to try to make a good impression on this satyr-lady. He was just simply feeling too stupid, frustrated and fatigued to react to anything properly.
They're going to have to deal with grouchy Hudson until the battling subsides and the monsters are done with their supposedly gourmet demigod buffet.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 5:54 pm

The satyress raised a perfectly plucked eyebrow at him, her hands on her hips. "There's nothing wrong with that song. And how are you going to pierce the heavens with music if you're playing something you don't feel passionately about?" Ama shook her head, pulling her harp from her back and plucking at it gently. "And it's better with more than one player. You seem tense. Lets play something together?" she offered, her manicured fingers plucking at the strings gently in a "Come ooooon" way.
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:40 pm

Goat lass made a good point.
"....Touche."
He hates to admit defeat to an individual and giving them the last word, even after making such a wonderful first impression.
He had no passion for the music right now, not to mention enough time for the music. He had to haul demigods out from their possible fates, so there wasn't any time to spare for the music.
"It's not like I was even trying anyway.... Bleugh."
He felt unnaturally moody, like he was just super pissed at the world and everyone that inhabits it; which was probably true considering the fact that there are monsters attacking children and their parents aren't doing anything about it.
He looked over at her as she started strumming away on her harp. She noticed how tense he became during their conversation and offered to play some music with him.
He did feel a bit touched by that, somebody coming over and considering that fact.
After scratching the back of his neck, he shrugged his shoulders with agreement. "There's nothing to do anyway, I was just going to head over to bed." He gets out his violin and tunes it a bit before playing.

Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:48 pm

Ama would smile at him, playing along gracefully with his own tune. Letting him choose what would make him feel better. "I've got to help my fellow satyr, even if you all are a buncha nymph-chasers." she teased, plucking away. She was always rather sensitive about how few goat men wanted to get with a goat girl. Nymphs were prettier after-all...and not as weird. Pffft, men. She went back to plucking. "So what's on your mind? Maybe sharing will help ease your heart?"
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 1:00 am

They played a decent tune together, not enough to pierce the heavens but at least something he can get his mind off of other things.
He did get irked at her comment about him being a 'nymph-chaser'. I mean, she was teasing, sure; but he was just more then a nymph-chaser.
"Haha, it's not like we actually get the chick anyway." It was all in truth though. From his observations, the men are just huge turn offs. And including with the research, he was somewhat decent in the Richter Scale of a nymph's expectations but he'll come off as even more of a turn off when he rejects them.
They can go ahead and take a sample of their medicine.
He decided to chat with her for a while when she started to ask him about his problems, he really did want to spill them out on the floor.
"This battle's just putting a damper in my mood. Sure things like this will happen but I can't do much of anything about it... which sucks. Ever since this has started, I've been taking demigods out to safety and it's hard to look at so many injured people... you know what I mean?" He somberly strums the strings of his violin.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 1:10 am

"Really? I wouldn't know. No satyr's ever looked my way." Running her fingers over the strings, she watched him curiously. It had been a hard time, being alone most of her life. But she'd tried to be a trooper. When he spoke of his problem, she nodded. "I know what you mean... It's hard coming here to sleep on my own when all of this....horror is going on. I've been having nightmares..." She blew a small raspberry with her lips. "Wanna stay with me so I won't be alone? We can listen to whatever station you want on the radio?" she offered, smiling. "We'll have company...which would be a first for me." It'd be nice not to have to sleep alone, and wake up to an empty home.
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 2:15 am

"Well, nymphs are pretty picky" He gave her a smirk while testing and tuning his violin strings.
Sleeping with nightmares was something he can handle, but just waking up to the same horror in real time made the experience more crappier then it should be.
It kind of drives the meaning of the possibilities are endless to a more pessimistic road, and with his current state of mood, he feels as if he is going down a very rough road in life just about now.
Hudson pretty much wanted to hang out with someone for the night, it's better to have an individual to deal with all his moody stuff then going through it alone.
So he shrugs his shoulders and nods in agreement of her offer, because why not?
"Uuuh, sure, I haven't listened to some rock and roll in a while. Pretty nice to kick back and listen to some with company"
He gives her a nice looking, legitimate smile. She deserves it for making him feel 10% better then before.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 3:24 pm

"Mi radio is su radio." She didn't actually know Spanish or she would have said it better, but hey, they said it on Lion King! The young satyress turned and lead him towards her home. "Yeah, I don't like Nymphs much. I mean, I wouldn't let anyone go around smacking them or anything, but still." She shrugged. "Do you like coke? It's the only kind of soda I've got right now."

They would reach her home quite quickly, and it was a pretty nice looking place. A simple shack made of red-stained wood and inside was decorated in pale pinks and light teals. It was one room, with a large poofy couch and a bed. Some simple furniture here and there. "Hope you don't mind. It's pink everywhere."
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:27 pm

He notices that she's speaking a little bit of Spanish, so naturally he replies with the best Spanish he can conjure up.
"Muchas Gracias", and that was the only Spanish he knew.
He followed her back into her home. He had calmed down after playing music and chatting with the satyress, but he can still feel a storm brewing over his horizon... it felt like a drizzle for now.
All this nymph talk though reminded him of his mother. A decade ago, when his father passed away she had to drop him off to this place, which was what they thought to have been a safe haven. Who would have thought now, huh?
"The only nymph I'd ever truly love is my mom, heh." He never thought about what his mom is doing now... is she finding another job? Growing more hyacinths?
She was always jumping to one place and another.
The satyress offered him a nice carbonated beverage, he was getting a little thirsty. "Any beverage would be nice for me, sure."

Her shack looked cosy, simple and nice. But he wouldn't excessively decorate it with a bunch of pink everywhere in his opinion.
"Well, the pink's a bit too excessive; but it's better then what I can come up with."
He doesn't bother doing major renovations with his; his kind of decorating is putting a bunch of band posters with random clothes and things scattered all across the floor. He also likes to look for hyacinths in the forest every now and then and put them in a vase.
Hudson is no interior designer, he'll have to give her credit for at least trying later on.
He sits down on her big, comfy couch and resting his violin right beside him. He leaned back and looked up at the ceiling, listening to the static of the radio as she adjusts it.

Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:32 pm

At the statement that he can't love a nymph that isn't his mom, her pointed little ears "Perked" you could say. "So you really don't like nymphs, huh?" she asked, walking along still. When they reached the cabin, she offered him a cold coke and some chips. "I usually save the healthy food for dinner at camp. And pink's my favorite color. Why not sleep in it?" she asked, smiling at him. "I've had to order most of it. I wish I could just go to town." Pouting, she opened the chip bag and crunched on a few. Behind her, she clicked on the bright pink radio covered in stickers. She was a 15 year old girl, give her a break.
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:30 pm

This girl's hatred for nymphs is pretty much starting to be obvious to him. Individuals have vendettas against each other, and then they start to discriminate.
Sure he was judgmental, but he likes to examine the books before judging the covers.
"Uh, I didn't say that. I love my nymph mom because well, she's my mom. Nymphs are okay, just as long as they don't get on my bad side and as to everyone else."
He possibly couldn't hate on all nymphs... because a nymph gave birth to him and raised him like the pride of joy he is today.
After she offered him a nice beverage and some munchies to snack on, he proceeds to take advantage of these carbohydrates by munching on the chips, then taking a sip of the chilled Coke soda.
"This generation couldn't possibly live without junk food, alright? Even with a set dieting plan on this camp." He munches on these chips even more, replicating a madman chewing madly with his food.
He swallows a bit too much and coughs a bit, "Excuse me, I almost had a nearby death experience over there." He drinks more of his beverage just to wash it down "My apologies" then proceeds to give her a grin.
He is such a weirdo.
Oh, he can relate this satyress. He owns a lot of purple things, and likes to march around with them as well.
"I've got no problem with that, although purple is most superior against all colors." He gives out a nod to his statement.
Following her statement on going out of town, he gets somewhat of a brief nostalgic moment and looks up at the ceiling in wonder.
"You said it. I'm a city boy, so even if I have lived here for a decade I still really can't get used to the woods. It'd be nice to go outside camp grounds for a while."
He watched as she turned on her pink radio that matches her pink everything, then he starts to here the static signals given out by the radio itself.
Then what plays from the other side was good ol' rock and roll; he did need this break for a long while.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:41 pm

Ama stared at him eating the chips like a crazed person, slurping soda. With a raise of her eyebrow, the satyress chuckled. "You really are a city boy aren't you. Chewing like that." Leaning back, she nodded. "Near-death? What happened?" she asked, running her fingers through one of her pigtails, removing any tangles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock the treetop -Panoramic-   Rock the treetop -Panoramic- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock the treetop -Panoramic-
Page 1 of 1