Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

lightning bolt [private]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:38 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor threw the kid a scathing look but he had already looked away so the gesture was lost. He should be thankful that she was no longer in the mood to cause physical harm to those who annoyed her. Tch. Little brat should be grateful that he's not going to end up in pieces, she thought sourly. Clenching and unclenching her fists, Taylor plopped down on the end of James' bed as the healers finished up. What he said next momentarily made her forget about her annoyance and she turned to face him. Did she hear him right? James was a cabin leader?

"You're cabin leader?" she reiterated, eyebrows raised. Her eyes lingered on his hand, now looking way better than before although wrapped in bandages. "Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't cabin leaders supposed to set good examples?"
i'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:33 am

let's get higher,
Taylor still hadn't told him why and how she had lost her memories, and he was started to think of all the reasons why, yet she didn't seem like she wanted to tell him. It was pretty lucky for him, actually, because Taylor and he had really had some problems before now a d he was the only one that could remember; well, that Zach kid and Tori knew as well, but he hadn't seen both of them in a long while. It seemed as if Zach had ditched Taylor, from what he could gather, and he wasn't surprised; Zach had always seemed like an obnoxious, arrogant little kid to him, although he may just be being biased. He really wanted to punch that kid in the face, even if they had been getting along for a bit back in New York; James had just killed somebody, so he was going to lean on whoever he could.

Still amused, James raised a dark eyebrow at Taylor as she started to judge his abilities as a cabin leader since he got into fights. "Normally." He accepted, looking away from the hand that the boys were wrapping bandages around to look over at Taylor again, "But I said Ares cabin-leader; if I didn't get into fights, that would be a bad example. What would everyone think of us if I demanded peace meetings and that we all get on with each-other?" James added a little shrug, ignoring the grunt from an Apollo kid when it caused him to move his hand awkwardly out of the right position, "Plus, it was an Hermes kid who I punched so he had it coming." Ares kids and Hermes kids could have a bit of war between them, seeing as they were both really so boisterous.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:50 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor nodded slowly. Being the god of war, Ares got into fights a lot, a trait he obviously passed on to his children. Though her memories were foggy, she was surprised to find out that she retained the little knowledge she had about basic things - like reading, basic arithmetic, and even some tidbits regarding Greek mythology. How had it happened anyway? She supposed that whatever happened to her only damaged that part of her head which dealt with memories and such. Maybe she should count herself lucky. What would have happened if everything got taken away? Still, even with that train of thought, Taylor could not find it in herself to say she was lucky.

"You make it sound like you have nothing better to do than to get into fights," Taylor pointed out. She wasn't sure whether she should be bothered by what James said or how nonchalantly he said it. Taylor pulled her legs up, sitting criss-cross applesauce opposite the son of Ares as she studied him closely. "Doesn't that get boring after a while?"
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:17 am

let's get higher,
Did he have anything better to do than get into fights? Really? He was a single fifteen year old that didn't feel part of the American culture, despite spending holidays over here for many months and living here as of late, who suffered from his anger problems and was stereotyped as a physcopath because he came across like a bit of an idiot to people that first met him. Was there anything other to do than get into fights? Lately, it seemed like there wasn't, especially since he was running low on the 'friends' department.

"That's because I don't" He told her casully and truthfully, not really seeing any other honest answer. The Apollo kids were finishing up bandaging his hand, telling James that he had to leave it alone and not take the wrapping off for the next few days, and for him to come back within the next week. James nodded along to all of it really, finally adding a "Thanks." He watched them as they started to finish what they were doing and scurry away, as if James was about to lash out on one of them again, then turned to Taylor, "Yeah, I guess, but I don't really have much else to do anymore. Plus, being a good example is too much hard work."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:31 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor bit her lip. Something in James' tone made her suspect that there was something deeper going on in his mind. Was it resentment, perhaps? Loneliness hidden under a thick layer of toughness? Or maybe she was just hallucinating and overthinking things. That option was easier to understand, so Taylor went with it.

"Well that sucks," she said, watching the healers leave without as much as a backward glance. Picking a fight everyday just for the heck of it? What a sad life. "Don't you have friends to hang out with?"
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:27 am

let's get higher,
Bringing his left hand closer to his face for further inspection, James could only think about how much a pain in the arse it was going to be. He would have to take it off every time he went in the shower and such, - although he'd rather that then get it smelly - and he probably wouldn't be able to train properly for the next few days, which was weird for him because he had to train everyday. He had become addicted to exercise, if that was even possible.

James didn't talk like this often, and would've usually probably got really defensive about it, but his brain never really worked properly around Taylor, and he was feeling a little deflated right now, "Well, yeah, I have my brother and sisters and stuff. But, not really anymore." He kept his gaze on his hand, trying not to direct any pointed looks.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:42 am

xTaylor Brooks
xPursing her lips, Taylor looked down on her interlocked fingers. She was beginning to feel some kind of... pity... towards this boy. But no, he wouldn't like it if he knew what she thought of him right now. Heck, she herself started to get sick of how her emotions worked. But there was something else in her too - guilt. For having broken the guy's leg before. And didn't he mention that he punched his brother for her? Wow. If James was telling the truth, he sure was making her miserable... although she didn't have the right to complain, from the looks of things.

"Is it because of that punching incident, that thing with your siblings?" Taylor asked tentatively, unsure if she even wanted to know the answer. What if it was? Had she perhaps caused James to become isolated from his own kin? You're getting ahead of yourself, the saner part of her mind chided. Quit thinking like that.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:20 am

let's get higher,
James hadn't been in a good place in the last few months, and believe it or not he had been pretty much a normal kid before all of this. He had stress thrust upon him, made and lost most of his friends and was not pretty much an arsehole because of it. This was probably one of the longest conversations he had had with someone other than a siblings or Faye, and that scared him a little; he was normally the type of guy that was constantly flirting with girls and such. Now he was different. He didn't like it.

"Nah, at the time it was pretty bad. They punched me a few times and stuff." He didn't really care about talking about it, because they were Ares kids and that was all they were really good for, "But it wasn't too bad. We're alright now, I guess. I just really have any friends outside my cabin anymore." He shrugged once more, James running his hand through his product-less hair, letting air noisily out of his cheek and look at Taylor before raising his eyebrows at her in a 'what can you do?' motion.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:39 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor breathed out a sigh of relief. One less thing to worry about. However, she still couldn't get over how nonchalant James was being about all the fights and punching. Maybe it was easy to get used to after a few years. Sighing once more, Taylor mashed her lips into a brittle smile.

"That's sad," she said without looking at him. She had started to play with the sheets at this point, running the fabric over her fingers. "I can't imagine a life where you interact with the exact same people every day. You really should get out of the cabin more."

She looked back up at him, meeting his eyes. Although she didn't consider herself to be qualified enough to give any piece of advice, Taylor continued, "Enjoy life before it gets taken from you. Or at least, memories of it," she added grimly, tapping her left temple with one finger. "Make new friends... basically have some fun, y'know. And get yourself a girlfriend too," she added as an afterthought, smirking. "Maybe it'll do you some good."
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:08 pm

let's get higher,
Not really happy that Taylor was giving him advice, considering she was one of the biggest reasons that he was in this position, he didn't really say anything at first; instead he just stayed quiet and watched her try and fix all his problems, not really thinking that any of them were good ideas. He felt like she was patronizing him, which he definitely wasn't a very big fan of, so he just stretched out his legs from where he sat, finding a tear in the bottom of his jeans and grunting. "I do get out of the cabin. A lot, actually. I just don't feel like being best buds with any loner that passes."

Rolling his blue eyes before meeting Taylor's again, the cabin leader licked his lips before choosing his words carefully once more, "You words make me want to puke up blood." He told her bluntly, although he smirked somewhat, "A girlfriend?Where d'you supose I get one of them?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:17 pm

xTaylor Brooks
xOblivious to how James really felt about her unsolicited advice, Taylor chuckled and shook her head. Silly kid to twist her words into something like that. "And did I say anything about best buds? Jeez, loosen up a little. I'm trying to do you some good after I broke your leg." At that, she playfully smacked his outstretched leg. She really was trying, she thought. Plus, she hadn't done anything to make his situation worse so far - or so she believed.

At James' next comment she let out a hearty guffaw. "Order one online," she said teasingly, her voice heavy with sarcasm. "Maybe if you look close enough, you'll find a free download."
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:51 pm

let's get higher,
James was starting to like the new Taylor; the new and improved Taylor. She wasn't being weird with him, or funny, or stand-offish like she had before she lost all her memories. She was just being...cool. Don't get him wrong, he was a little annoyed with her going on and on with something he tried not to care about, but she was alright. "That was months ago. Forget about everything." He knew she already had, but it was a figure of speech.

Laughing, James shook his head a little and patted her leg back, imitating the way she had done to him. "That sounds both really corny and really dirty at the same time."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:06 pm

xTaylor Brooks
x"Been there, done that." Taylor sighed dramatically. It was easy to get along with James once you get past the slightly cocky phase. Taylor was glad that he ended up in te infirmary the same time she did - well, of course, barring his injured hand. Thinking nothing of James' action to pat her leg, Taylor allowed a small smile to play on her lips. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that."

She ran a hand through her hair and stared at him for a few moments, thinking. Moments ago, he was ready to lash out on the healers, although that was because of how they made him wait. Still, even before that, he seemed like an angsty teenager no one would want to cross, add to the fact that Ares was his father. Taylor cocked her head slightly to the side as she considered him. "Were we close back then?"
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:26 pm

let's get higher,
Still grinning like an idiot, which must've been the first time in ages, James could always find amusement in some of Taylor's little comments, even if they used to get a little annoying at times. He knew that they should probably get going soon, because they had both been seen to and such, but James was glad that he and her were having a decent chat for the first time in ages. "That might be best." He agreed, before chucking again.

But then James' smile dropped slowly when she followed by asking him a question that he wasn't sure how to answer, finding that she was staring at him and dropping his gaze down to his Vans, noticing that he probably needed more. His mouth twisted to one side as he contemplated, the English boy taking a minute before answering. "We used to be close, I guess." He shrugged; he had been close with her, but he wasn't certain that she had felt the same way back. Well, it wasn't as if she would remember now, so it probably didn't matter, "Well, I don't know. I think I liked you more than you liked me, quite honestly." James wasn't always a nice person, but he didn't lie.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:40 pm

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor clicked her tongue, taken aback by the answer. Seriously? He thought he liked her more than she did him? Wasn't he the one who ended up with the broken - yeah, in Taylor's mind, it was always going to come down to that. It was, after all, the event that stood out among the rest. Well anyway, maybe it really did not matter. She could neither confirm or deny what his suspicions. Both of them perfectly knew that by now.

She directed her thoughts to the past few minutes where they exchanged comments like old friends. Considering that she was only re-meeting him now, Taylor thought they were well off to a good start. "If we can get along alright I suppose I must have liked you enough in the past," she said, shrugging, although for all she knew they might have been empty words.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:21 pm

let's get higher,
James really hadn't expected everything that had happened today to actually happen. First there was the broken fingers which never happened to him because he was a good fighter, and good fighters didn't bust their freaking hands. Then there was the whole meeting Taylor again thing, because they had pretty much ignored each-other he guessed. And finally there was the whole 'I'm not waiting any longer I'm going to fix this myself' thing. Today had definitely been exciting.

"Oh, we went through a lot of crap, Taylor." He told her, adding a little shrug and knowing that he probably wouldn't go into detail about what 'crap' entailed. She probably wouldn't really believe him anyway.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:33 pm

xTaylor Brooks
xRubbing the back of her neck, Taylor looked away. Maybe it was only her, but an air of tension and awkwardness seemed to have come up after she posed that question. She shifted uncomfortably on her seat. Whatever James meant by 'crap', she probably would not learn from him. His body movements already suggested that it was a subject he would rather steer clear of.

"I'm going to take your word for it," Taylor finally said, chuckling humorlessly. She paused. Was this the cue to end the conversation? She did not want it to be. James had given her the most information about her past in the past three days. He seemed to be the closest link to her forgotten memories, even compared to her siblings. "Well, despite all the crap, I guess you like me enough to stick around and have a chat." She smiled. "Thanks."
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:02 am

let's get higher,
James would find himself struggling with people, as of late. He found it harder to talk and to them without messing it up and saying something stupid, which was really the opposite he had been only months before. He half wished that he was a demigod, and that he hadn't had to come to this stupid camp, because it really messed him up in many cases. He hadn't been the best before, but he had been a lot better.

"S'alright." James finally said, smiling back at her after a moment before his attention drifted to a group of people that were making their way into the infirmary. They were loud and James recognized one of them as a sister. Before he could really interact with her or see what had happened, she was already out into another area of the infirmary, and James wouldn’t bother going after her. He turned once more to Taylor, finally wanting to ask the questions, “So, how did you loose your memory?”
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:15 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor followed his gaze to a group of people entering the infirmary. She of course had no clue who they were but they successfully caught James' attention. Maybe they were friends of his? Siblings? Before Taylor could ask, James posed a question of his own.

Frowning, Taylor reached up to clutch her head. "I have no idea. Honest. I woke up in a hospital and everything was gone," she said. It was still clear in her mind how she opened her eyes to an almost bare room, pristine white walls and tubes injected into her hand. "They wrapped my head in bandages though, so I guess it involved some sort of accident." She shrugged, only a little abashed that she did not have the slightest clue how she ended up in the hospital in the first place.

"Siblings of yours?" she asked curiously, jerking her head in the direction the kids disappeared to.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:00 pm

let's get higher,
Hoping for a bit more of an interesting story than that, James bit his lips for a moment. He had been half-wanting to hear her talk about how she had snuck out at camp and got knocked out by the enemy or something, and the blow was too hard. Or something else like she fell out of a tree in the middle of a fight with a bunch of other campers, or something at least partly heroic. To have her just tell him that she couldn't remember was pretty boring, although logical seeing as she had lost her memory. "Man, that sucks. So you have to trust people to tell you stuff about yourself? That sounds...hard." He knew that he would struggle in that situation, because he never told anyone anything anymore.

Looking from Taylor to where his sibling had dissapeared and back again, he slowly nodded before pulling a face that showed that he wasn't surprised. "Yeah, we practically live in here, we come in here so often after having fights. She'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 2:06 am

xTaylor Brooks
xNoticing the slight disappointment that showed on James' face at her story, Taylor shrugged. What did he expect? A thrilling tale of kidnapping and torture? If that even happened, she would not have remembered anything. "Tell me about it," she said with a heavy sigh. "Some old man - an uncle of mine, I think - visited me in the hospital once. Didn't tell me much. I never saw him again but... Well, I don't think he really left me to my own senses."

She pursed her lips as she recalled the incident. Woken up by her uncle's raised voice from outside the room, Taylor tried to make sense of it all but the man spoke too fast for her fuzzy mind to comprehend. Her uncle got pissed off though, that much she could tell. She had never seen him since. "Then this dip dyed girl caught wind of me there and snuck me out." Taylor smiled ruefully. It was a very weird and confusing experience. Honestly, she still could not get over how they managed it.

"I figured," Taylor laughed. "This place must be your second home."
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:56 am

let's get higher,
Frowning, James realized that there was a lot of her story that sounded weird, although he may just be over-analyzing things. Firstly, which stuck out like a sore thumb, was why she had been found in the hospital outside of camp. Hardly anyone left camp, and something must've happened to her if she ended up loosing her thoughts. Maybe someone had done this on purpose. There was also the point she made about someone going to get her, which sounded weird. He brushed it all off, however, knowing that he was over-thinking things. "Your uncle, huh? You never talked about him before."

Dip-dyed girl? That narrowed it down so much...not. There were so many girls in this camp that James couldn't even tell two apart anymore, let alone learn any names or anything. Having nothing constructive to say to that, he just let his broad shoulders move him into a shrug. He just moved on to her next topic. "It really is. I spent nearly all of last summer down here. You know, you learn that the biggest idiots that come here are mostly here only for the summer, which is great."

ooc: sorry my internet was on and off all day yesterday
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:16 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor shrugged, remembering the man's wrinkled face and forced smiles. "I don't think we were close." Besides, if she had any iron clad reason for hating that certain man before, Taylor doubted she would remember it. Maybe they just didn't get along. Maybe said uncle never gave her a birthday present even once and she resented him for it.

She managed a small smirk, studying James with eager eyes. She could almost hear the wheels turning in James' head as he assessed her situation and she was surprised to feel a little disappointed. Deep inside, she half-hoped that he had an answer to this, no matter how small the chance. When it came to how exactly she lost her memories, they were both clueless. Everyone was, unfortunately.

Taylor gladly embraced the change of topic. She would rather not spend time getting sick of wondering what she had been subjected to. Laughing a little, she made quite a show of glancing around and said, "I'm surprised that they don't have a bed with your name on it."
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:06 pm

let's get higher,
he shrugged, used to people never really being close to anyone around here. it was just how it worked, he guessed, "Yeah, not many of us are." He couldn't stop himself from thinking about his own family; his mother had been sweet sober, but she was an alcoholic so had always been quite forced and ever-changing growing up. she was probably in rehab somewhere. then there were his grandparents in america, but he didn't really talk to them much. he didn't keep in touch with his family either.

Laughing a little, which was something he was finding himself doing for of as the conversation continued, James shrugged as he faked innocence, "Me? of course not!" He tried to hide his smirk, "I hardly come in here." He lied obviously, before shrugging. "Honestly, i think i carved my name on the sides of one of these beds with a knife once, so they literally have a bed with my name on." He grinned before rubbing his eye tiredly with his good hand, brushing his hair back in the process.

ooc: dayum sorry for the wait i took a mini hiatus because of coursework and stuff :( ily xox
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:41 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor couldn't help but laugh along, wondering which bed it was that James had marked. "You might as well construct your own private ward and be done with it."

The slightest hint of weariness in the way James rubbed his eye made her remember that he was still in the process of recovering from an injury. Keeping that in mind, Taylor snuck a glance at her wristwatch and did a double-take. Was it that time already? She had a training appointment in five minutes. Taylor got to her feet, smoothing out the creases on her shirt as she turned to address the son of Ares once more. "And it's time for me to leave. I have swordfighting lessons in a few... not that I need them," she added jokingly.

Taylor really didn't want to leave yet, but James needed his rest and she needed to practice. Besides, she felt sure that she would run into him again one of these days. An Ares cabin leader wasn't exactly hard to miss. Smiling ruefully, Taylor said, "So... it was really nice talking to you, James."

ooc: sorry for the crap post, i think their conversation has been dragged on long enough xD
maybe start another rp? i'll think of a new subplot or something idk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lightning bolt [private]   lightning bolt [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lightning bolt [private]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next