Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Fall In Love, Not In Line

Go down 
+7
lara croft
welshy
Nico
Zan
Crispy Bacon
kenzie
Sniggle
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 5:03 pm

ahhh i have faith in zan, although she could use some help. -GLARES AT CHARLES- stop leaving us and become admin 5eva twine
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Well Sni, you are the one who has been a admin before.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm not talking about quantity,though. Yeah, quantity is a part of development as a writer, but some people don't even know what character development is, and telling them about it, promoting it, and telling people about different aspects of writing and encouraging them to write more or try different aspects will be beneficial to their writing (assuming that they want to try stuff out).

As for the word minimum, I think a 60 word minimum is doable.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Okay so make a guide. We do have a section for that which knowledgeable members can contribute to.

I made this in a poll for org earlier today. Since it'e exactly 100 words i'll post it here.

Quote :
A lot of people tend to have pretty decent ideas, but fail to post them for the rest of the site to see. Other people have opinions leaning for or against, but for some reason, refuse to speak up. So I thought I'd make a poll, because I'm really curious as to what the site really thinks. The questions being asked, are: Would you like to see a word minimum for role play posts on the site? And if so, what number would you like it set at? It's all anonymous, so please vote the option you like the best.

^100 words. Personally I think a 100 word minimum is doable but it depends on people's sentence size. If we do convert to word minimum as opposed to sentence minimum, we could always have a poll.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 pm

I personally am not too worried about the writing quality of the site. I think y'all are doing fab.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 9:52 pm

I agree with Zan on the writing thing.
Everyone develops in different rates. It took me months. In another few weeks, someone whos not so good will probably have gotten really good.
Idk. Word limits are all well and good, but I'd be voting for 100. Its the easiest for someone to make.
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 pm

I think the word limit sounds good.The problem with the four sentence rule us they could be really short sentences, whih defeats the purpose of the rule. But if there's a word limit then at least a half-decent post will be the result.

Back to top Go down
http://kingdomavril.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:15 am

that makes posting tedious because you need to count them. Four sentences is easy, and I think it should be kept that way
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:18 am

four sentences isn't hard. I could write just like this. You couldn't stop me. This is eighteen words.

^

if someone posted that you'd be furious but you couldn't actually do anything about it because it's obeying the rules. 60 word minimum sounds really good in comparison lol. Also, consider looking into a word count device to add to the site coding. Worst case scenario use Wriitten Kitten because it counts your words.

While i don't advocate making it challenging for the members, having a small minimum is a very good thing. 60 words is a pretty small minimum. I'm already at 106 in this post alone.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Problem: The site doesn't read javascript (at least on the forums). But you can search 'word count tool' on google and it'll give you a bunch. Best thing is that they work on most popular mobile devices (andriods, iPhones, etc).

I wanted to make it 150 but I would probably have a bunch of people running after me with forks and yelling "WTF DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING UGH" so.

I also suggest making a 'rule' (that's not exactly a rule but promoted) to tyr your best and write at least half your person's reply. Yeah.

Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 7:22 pm

I don't understand that last bit. right half your person's reply?
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Like half of what the other person wrote.

I don't think that it would work. 'Cause then the replies would just get shorter and shorter.

Maybe we could have a paragraph limit of 10 or so sentences. I dunno, but I think that the writing here is pretty good already, and the most it should be raised to is 10 sentences. YUP. Word counts are a pain in the butt. At least sentences are easy to count.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Like for example if someone writes 500 words for a post and someone else writes less than 100 words, then it's not exactly respectful to the person who wrote the 500 words and obviously put in some kind of effort. So if someone 500 words, it would be prefered that you write at least 250 words ish. Do you get what I'm talking about?

I mean, most of us can write 250 words for a post if we took more of our time into what we write. There's no real rush, tbh. Yeah, it's different from what rapid fire rping, but it wouldn't be a real rule, it would be more of a recommendation.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:04 am

I disagree. I don't think 250 words can be written each time, and I don't think you should be required to write at least half of what the other person writes. What if they write 2,000 words? It's too high of a standard. I don't think I could do that, tbh.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:56 am

I dont think its disrespectful Cher. A lot of people put up with it. Lord knows that when I used to RP with Saph I was terrible. She put up with me.
I think that a word limit is good if its only something like 100 words. If its higher you want, I'm going with Bean and a 10 sentence minimum.
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:07 am

It is respectful to post more when the other person has written a lot. That being said, the posts would just get smaller and smaller until they became two or three words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 am

I actually found a word count tool that becomes built into the forum, I just need to get on a computer to add the code and test it out. I'm still iffy on the whole word count thing, but it'd still be a cool thing to have :P
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:15 am

I think typical sentences are usually about 10 or 15 words? I think making the minimum 60-100 words is probably good because it's not too much of a jump. I mean, we can always increase it so there's no rush or anything.

Also, I think Cher's fair in what she's saying but there are times when your muse isn't quite there - or when there's not really much to reply to in the other person's post.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:56 am

Make a minimum and the replies won't be cut to two or three words.

But don't make a difficult minimum. I think our four sentence one is fine, so mayne 50 words? No more than a hundred, anyway.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Quote :
I disagree. I don't think 250 words can be written each time, and I don't think you should be required to write at least half of what the other person writes. What if they write 2,000 words? It's too high of a standard. I don't think I could do that, tbh.

Which is why it's more of a "if you can write it, then please try your best. If you can't, then do your best" type of thing. Not an actual rule.

Last edited by Cher on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:08 pm

I like the rules the way they are. I think they should stay that way. We can encourage people to use descriptions to make their posts longer, but look at my first posts. I really tried when I was 10, and I only just made the limit every time. Maybe a 5 or 6 sentence limit, but that at the maximum.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:57 am

If character mods get promoted and you need replacements, I'd be happy to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fall In Love, Not In Line
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2