Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Fall In Love, Not In Line

Go down 
+7
lara croft
welshy
Nico
Zan
Crispy Bacon
kenzie
Sniggle
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

Fall In Love, Not In Line Empty
PostSubject: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 pm

So, I love the mod team and the people on it and, if they were active I'd say it's beautiful and perfect and nothing needs to change, but like...

half of them aren't, so... yeah.

To be honest I don't know why they haven't already been de-modded. And it's not because they've done a bad job or because they're disliked or anything. It's solely because they're not on. And if you've got a staff position, you need to be active. I think it might be a benefit the site to get some fresh faces up in there.

Banana and Rach are lovely, lovely people, and they've always been good, but they have lives outside of chb, which is understandable, really. It just makes me wonder if they're the best candidates for a job that requires them to be on a few times a week. I think it might be time they step down. Ily guys and i'm sure you can see the reasoning behind it. D: It's not fair for you to have positions that you can't do because you're not on while the site needs people who are on.

And of course, the cabin leaders. Some cabins don't have leaders as is??? lol. Our elections are supposed to be every six months so I think a new one is due pretty soon.

Also, maybe it's just me, but staff activity in general has seem to come to a crawl recently. And if you disagree, you're lying. Yes, we have the valentines day dance but the raffle died for a while and i don't even know what happened to the fanfic contest. Some of the winterfest events haven't been taken down and everyone's been getting busy and going off to do their own thing. From what I've heard, Skye is on vacation or something somewhere, Zelly was away for a while and Zan simply cannot do things by herself. The time and effort put into staff to be a good member is ridiculously high, and even higher if you don't have help. So it might be time for a new admin soon?

I admin recommendation is Charlie. I don't had a mod recommendation but I do think Bean would be a good addition to the character mods.

Speaking of character mods, I've seen a few questions floating around chat about powers. I think it'd be good if a BASIC list of powers was made. Just a list of generic powers that CHB has always said yes to per cabin, with their limitations. So that if people can't think of powers for their kids but still want some, they have at least an option or two available. And of course, if they want to think of their own power that's fine too.

A more serious message from your resident mega asshole Sni :D

-Sniggle

ps. Pete GK lyrics this time. Because he's the coolest effing kid ever.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:44 pm

I was starting to read this and my only thought was sni hates me sni hates me sni hates me lol but agreed
Back to top Go down
http://saargent.tumblr.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:22 pm

no omg i don't hate,anyone.

people just gotta step up their game
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:45 pm

yeah, I have to agree, some promotions would be lovely. I also think some of our current character mods would make pretty awesome regular mods? just my opinion.

CHARLIE FOR PRESIDENT. MY SON BRINGS PRIDE TO THE BACON CLAN.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:47 pm

i am glad u chose to discuss this publicly sniggle (no sarcasm)

its ok that skye and zello r on vacay i just need a little help from the mod team um *pokes u guys*

i think bean would be fab
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:54 pm

some character mods could easily be mod mods, yup.
and bean would be an amazing character mod her characters are fab just fab.
and charlie is stupid jk ily charlie he could do it.
i think that cl elections should happen soon, as well. maybe as soon as march or april, because we have a lot of inactive ones, and i don't think i'm doing very good because i am busy and just, new cls needed, man. xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 12:28 am

lol I already brought these things up a few days ago, I'm just waiting on replies
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 12:50 am

also i don't remember if we have this but can we have a hall of fame for special members of chb

because saph needs to get credit for the new site layout or i'm going to break someone's neck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 12:53 am

I like the idea a lot but then we have the same problem with legends (I SHOULD BE A LEGEND I AM AMAZING I HAVE BEEN HERE FOREVER omg I hATE YOU ALL DOWN TO CHB DOWN WITH FIRE)
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:13 am

Nico wrote:
i think that cl elections should happen soon, as well. maybe as soon as march or april, because we have a lot of inactive ones, and i don't think i'm doing very good because i am busy and just, new cls needed, man. xD
amen, bro. ameeeeeeeen.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:44 am

Did this all happen overnight? Whoa.
Okay. This opinion is short and frankly crap, but I agree with the majority that Snig bby has said. CL's are needed badly for the cabins that have none, and we should have another election. I'm not saying thqat because the people who are still here are crap, omg no. But peoples activity patterns change from one six months to another. People who may have been really active from August to January, the chances are they wont be as active from Jan to Aug or whatever.
To me, the Admins seem like their doing an amazing job (ily guys) but Snig is right about what shes pointed out. Raffle died, Winterfest forums, fanfic. I totally agree with Charlie being made Admin, simply to bring in more actives.
Mods. Thats something idk about. Ily all, but Kenzie, Dean anf Colby are pretty much the only mods on everyday. Updating some Charrie Mods to Mods is a good idea. They can handle it, but can I also put forward the suggestion of allowing mods accept charries? Admins can, Character Mods can, but in the middle of them names on the member group list is blue Moderators. I think they should be allowed accept them, especially when theres only so many active ones. I think Welsh, Summer and Saph when shes back would be some of the best choices.for mods.
Cgaracter mods... We need more. Cher and Saph are both pretty much on hiatus, which means two down, and from the remaining theres only a few active ones. Ily all, but maybe its time for Bean to be a charrie mod too idk. Personal opinion? Nico, Angel, Monica, Fudge, Reddie, Luna... So many people would be amazing. But them would be good choices in my eyes.
Ily all, and I'm sorry.
~V

Also I would make that lidt of powers if you want. I have midterm break so I can spend some time on it. Just a thought, anf I dont mind if u dont want me to make it lol
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 12:59 pm

people are always gonna be butthurt for not being legends. Essentially it's a book of legends rofl. Just a place that says why they're legends. Who knows, maybe people will think, oh, they do deserve it, and no wonder I don't. o: -miraculous agreement- idk. I just want sapph to get credit for the banner because it occured to me that besides the announcement we never gave her any and how are the new kids supposed to know why our site is so beautiful? oTL It's also a good way to log things.

Speaking of logging things maybe a chb events list? Whenever an event happens we add it yep yep. Good reference to future things if people want to see events happen again.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Sniggle, you are too perfect with ideas.
I like the Legends thing. It would show people why the legends are legends, and etc. I LIKE IT. Maybe there could be two? Like one for the legends who've left, and another for the legends who walk among us? Idk, but Saph hasn't left, so ya know XD
AND THE EVENT THING I LIKE! It would provide us with a directory for events, especially when we weren't here for the event last year /guilty
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Legends who walk among us aren't legends. You become a legend after you become inactive and have made large contributions to the site
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Of course. But the amazing, fantastic, super-awesome people who haven't left, and who can't get the grey color, etc, like Saph.
I'm confusing myself rofl
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Yes they'd be put in the book.

But it could get revoked if they then decided to burn everything hnnggh

Last edited by Sniggle on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 9:48 am

1. Character mods have gone incognito and I'm probably the one to blame but I'm officially on hiatus so ahaha.
2. Saph left?
3. I like lists
4. Oh right the topic
5. Tbh I think that if we get new mods we need to make it clear that mods aren't there to scare newbies off and are there to moderate everyone, period.
6. I think we need people who will help this site develop in writing. Not just activity. I mean, yeah we're a beginner's site, but I think we should promote writing more or improving in different aspects of roleplaying. I'd love to write the guides, but I don't have much time so I could only write one on character making or something I'm not sure.
7. Cabin leader positions are a joke, tbh.
8. I could make the power list, but I think we could also think of another way to make it more personal and less confined to a list.
9. We really need to step up moderation, I'm dead serious.
10. I think we should have staff mentoring stuff I just saying.
11. Just because they're active doesn't mean that they'd make a good mod. Maybe they're more of an events person, so CL would be more fitting for them.
12. We should just write a chart out of stuff that each position does.

More staff would be great, but we gotta set standards and expectiations first.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 9:59 am

Cher wrote:
1. Character mods have gone incognito and I'm probably the one to blame but I'm officially on hiatus so ahaha.
2. Saph left?
3. I like lists
4. Oh right the topic
5. Tbh I think that if we get new mods we need to make it clear that mods aren't there to scare newbies off and are there to moderate everyone, period.
6. I think we need people who will help this site develop in writing. Not just activity. I mean, yeah we're a beginner's site, but I think we should promote writing more or improving in different aspects of roleplaying. I'd love to write the guides, but I don't have much time so I could only write one on character making or something I'm not sure.
7. Cabin leader positions are a joke, tbh.
8. I could make the power list, but I think we could also think of another way to make it more personal and less confined to a list.
9. We really need to step up moderation, I'm dead serious.
10. I think we should have staff mentoring stuff I just saying.
11. Just because they're active doesn't mean that they'd make a good mod. Maybe they're more of an events person, so CL would be more fitting for them.
12. We should just write a chart out of stuff that each position does.

More staff would be great, but we gotta set standards and expectiations first.

Saph's only on hiatus too, she hasn't left. At least I hope not.
I think everyone knows that mods are there to help etc, but as well its not like the mods are being purposefully scary.
I don't think you can call them a joke, but CL's are a little inactive on the site lately, apart from a few. Then the members who were CL's, but left, and now theres no Leader for some cabins.
I'd write the power list. I don't mind doing it. But I agree it shouldn't be confined to a list. I'd see it more as a guideline, like a guideline to exactly what kind of powers a child of say Zeus can have.
I've seen staff mentoring on a few sites. They have "Moderators-In-Training" who basically are given training on what Mods do. They accept characters, know the rules, and when they prove themselves good, they get full moderation powers.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:18 am

And people should revise and memorize the rules
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 am

Saph is taking a short break, she hasn’t left. She said she’d be back so don’t worry about her<3
Cl’s aren’t a joke, and a lot of people have gone incognito lately because of real life, so it’s no one’s fault if they have left.
And yes, we really should work on better writing because, no offence to anyone because I love you all, but a lot of these four sentence replies and topics full of them are really quite frustrating. I mean, I started off with four sentences when I joined and now I like to write – or used to because my posts have gotten crap lately - more, but a lot of people just aren’t seeming to bother or even try to improve. I think it’s just a waste :/
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:04 pm

Master Post to Address Problems and Concerns:

it's not anyone's fault but even if they're dead it doesn't mean the site can just give them up. They have to replace the position. And I think CLs wouldn't be a joke if they did something. I have discussed with people the possibility of taking away CLs and we've tossed the pros and cons around.

Seriously though if people can't even be active enough to CL how can they possibly expect to mod? CLs are minimods that control their respective portions of the site and contribute to events and work among other staff to shell out entertainment for the rest of the site. Mods do that exact thing on a larger scale. If you can't handle one you can't handle the other. And yes, mods are very important in planning many events. Problem is the current mods haven't been. But ideally they should be. And casual reminder that it is too much stress for one person to do it alone. That's what leads people to quit. Everyone needs to work as a team.

Another casual reminder to members that when they don't participate, morale goes down. Why should I make an event for you when you're going to blow i off anyway? When should we write out elaborate plots and intricate rules if you're going to disregard them anyway? Oh i didn't see the announcement or i skimmed through blablabla it is not my job to look over your shoulder to make sure you read the announcements. You want to participate? You do it yourself. You eff it up because you didn't read? Not the fault of the mods, nor the admins, nor the CLs, and in certain cases you can be liable to punishment.

Members have their own activity to upkeep, casual reminder. You keep the site running. Everyone needs tobe active and cohesive for things to run smoothly. If one side falters, so does the other. Admins should not need to waste hours of their time catering to the needs of a select few. You wanna see events happen? You can always make some yourself, or suggest them for the admins or mods to make. When you're dormant, the staff are dormant. we need feedback.

Quickly on the note of feedback, I'm in the process of constructing an anonymous survey regarding events and such so that staff get a good grasp of what you want to see happen and what you don't. It's not mandatory but the more feedback the better. And please be honest if you're going to fill it up, we have some outlying options just in case it fits anyone but if everyone chooses them ~to be funny~ then we get no data and you're stuck with what you get, if anything.

Everyone has at least a small amount of power. Don't abuse it.

Like I said, with the hiatus of the character mods, we need some new ones. I'm scouting around but so far I've taken notice to Bean, who would be my recommendation for a character mod promotion--assuming Bean has time to do it.

Also, i like the four sentence minimum. If you can go over, go ahead and do so. But please remember that members, new or old, do not learn at the same speed you do. What you picked up in a month could take them a year to learn. Casual reminder that I JUST learned there is a space between letters and following parentheses last year and I'm 18. We each have our weaknesses and our strengths and we learn out our own pace. Whether you think they're "trying" to improve or not is irrelevant because simply by writing you are getting better in the slightest degree. Now, yes, when you challenge yourself, you do improve faster, but some people simply aren't read for that and we can respect it. I'm not saying go one-liners; we do have some standard, but it's reachable enough. Then people go from there. If they want to get better, then they will. If you don't like what they're doing, don't rp with them? I personally wouldn't mind if instead of a sentence minimum we bumped it to a word minimum, but that's not up to me.

To those scared of mods or admins, there's really no reason to be. It's literally in the job description to be nice and help you, otherwise I would've been kicking asses left and right long ago. Some people have aloof personalities but can be easily warmed up to if given the chance. Others simply aren't compatible with you. All of that aside though, you should not be afraid of them, as, again, they're here to serve. Does that mean everyone loves each other and the world is merry? No. Does it mean everyone is civil and can, at the very least, get along? Yes. If you've read the rules and proper guides and you still have questions, don't hesitate to ask. Admins won't bite. That being said, neither will the rest of the members (beside me, but I just eat newbies in general and it's a sign of affection so if it's happening to you then you're on the right path!) and will likely supply answers if they have them. c:

And I don't want the powers confined to just on a list. God no. But you've probably googled "fire powers"or "powers related to zeus" or crap like that and looked for references. We'd be making a reference of basic powers with a high approval rate for different cabins. You wouldn't be at all required to use those and could certainly thing of your own, they're just ideas incase you're stuck. I might be able to pitch into this a bit, but i've got a lot on my plate right now irl (just got expelled from a class for no particular reason fffff) and uni holds precedence over chb.

On the subject of mods, though? And admins and CLs and group leaders? Do your jobs. It's that simple. Do your jobs, and nobody complains. Do your jobs, and the site gets better. I don't care if your lacrosse team is in the championship and you've got to dedicate all your time to playing. That's super great for you, and if you need to be offline, fine. But that makes you bad staff material. Staff need to be active. And just getting online isn't enough. Just talking to people in chat isn't enough. That's being an active member, not an active staff member. To those guilty, you know exactly who you are. If you can't spare the time to do your job, it's better you resign so we can give it to somebody who can. And if you care about the site more than you care about having a colored name, like you should resigning shouldn't be a problem.

That being said, occasional time off is ok. But if you disappear for three months or only pop up once a week tojust sit in the chat box, you're not qualified to be on staff. I don't know how many times i can say that.

And to address the staff/mod training thing, in the mod and admin house there actually are how-to books, so if you get promoted, some of the info is right there for you. And to staff, idk if you've been updating it or not but you should so that when the site does promote new people they have a general idea of how to do things, both technically (in the admin panel) and behaviorally. My two cents.

Book of really cool things really cool people have done in chb would be fun too. Maybe sticky a hall of fame in chat that the admins update, idk. It can be for those who are legends as well as those who aren't. Just cool little things they've done, i.e. Saph's banner or Crispy's art gallery addition suggestion. I think that was crispy... idk. But I would know if we tracked it. >:V hint hint hint -shot-

---

uh yeah that sums up master post with my perspective and yolo. If i missed things you'd like my two cents on just hollar. I gave most people my opinion whether they wanted it or not. -shot- Also funfact this reply was 1391 words long~
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:37 pm

I THINK I CAN LEGITIMATELY SAY THAT I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SNIGGLE SAID?

I think having CLs is really nice because it's something canon, but I've seen almost every batch of cabin leaders and for each one, there was AT LEAST four or five people who went completely inactive, and others who were partially inactive. I think there's been some improvement on the part of the CLs lately? I mean, I was a CL about two years ago and literally nothing was done except for a little chatting in a couple of meetings haha.

I think something a little more efficient would be maybe having some Event Coordinators? They could basically be like a specialized stream of moderators who would help the admins run events and stuff, idk. I just think it would be a fitting title for yOU SNI????

EDEET: Yeah, I agree, I think Lehane would be a fantastic character mod. And also QueenVixen because she helps newer members out a lot in chatbox. o u o

Last edited by Crispy Bacon on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:21 pm

I just read this and it made my day. You guys are awesome.

Event Coordinators would be great. It would divide some of the responsibilities of the staff among responsible people and then they would have less to do.
And Sni comes up with all the events anyway, so yes.

Vina would be a great charrie mod too.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:44 pm

making events in fun. the other 95% of the job is not.

Making an events coordinator is kind of like taking the good part of the job and giving it to someone while someone else is stuck with the bad part. Just what I think, anyhow?

Like what fun is being a mod or admin if you don't get to be creative and make things? Then it's cut down to just technical crap and yelling at people. D: Plus with only one event coordinator you don't get the benefit of having different points of views helping out. And if you had a group of them, well...

then you have the admins and mods rofl
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Yeaaah, it was just a suggestion because at the moment, Zan is running pretty much everything herself so event coordinators could help out a little bit when the admins have a lot on their plate and stuff. Although I can see how it wouldn't work. :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall In Love, Not In Line   Fall In Love, Not In Line I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fall In Love, Not In Line
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next