Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

what you know. (cher)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
annika.

annika.

what you know. (cher) Empty
PostSubject: what you know. (cher)   what you know. (cher) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 11:15 pm

what you know. (cher) Tumblr_m5uavrGaiM1rrdoud

SAWYER BENNETT, SON OF EREBUS
idk how many words ; outfit

When Sawyer hopped on the bus to Upper East Manhattan, the last thing he would expect was to run into a familiar face. Although the eighteen year old was acquainted with a few people, the chances of running into demigods outside of camp were unlikely. Additionally, members of his fight club were primarily located in Brooklyn, while his buddies from the underground magazine he worked for were always hanging around West Manhattan.

Earlier that day, he felt the sudden urge to get away. Literally, he was already a long way from home, but figuratively, he was still caged. Sawyer couldn't quite escape the reigns that held him down, such as participating in an illegal fight club or risking his safety by going out in public and increase the possibilities of running into a monster. Sometimes, he just wanted to run and never come back. He found a temporary euphoria in music, but it only lasted until he took off his earphones. The last time he had been truly content was when he was in a relationship with Lucille, a daughter of Hades. Ever since she had ended things, his regime had automatically switched back to how it was before she came into his life. He was getting into fights more often, burying his head in work when he wasn't beating someone to a pulp. In other words, he was a complete mess.

Tearing his gaze away from the window of the bus, he looked down at his fists resting on his lap. He traced the bruises on his knuckles. A small frown graced his lips as he tried to remember who had caused the faint marks. Sawyer was practically a robot; all he ever did was attend the club, write, read, and train. He had pushed everyone away, with the exception of a girl he met during a music festival earlier that week. Even though he was developing feelings for the girl, the reminder of Lucille constantly entering his mind whenever he'd almost open up and let someone into his life. The last time he did that, he was left broken. Despite the fact that he and Lucille remained friends, he couldn't quite bring himself to trust her, like he had before. Sawyer stripped himself off all barriers that kept him from befriending people; he told her about his old life and his complex relations with the fight club. It would be difficult to do the same to someone else.

Snapping back to reality, he shifted his attention to his iPod nano. It was an old model, something he bought with the money he gathered from his two jobs, and switched the current song to one by Two Door Cinema Club. When the bus came to a stop, he glanced up and was surprised to meet a pair of dark eyes that he had grown to love. His breath caught in his throat. It was Lucille.

Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: what you know. (cher)   what you know. (cher) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:01 am

what you know. (cher) Tumblr_m1eo07rCP21r8dr94

Lucille was in New York. She had left something at her mom's house and had gone to find it. It was just a necklace that she had bought with him while they were dating. But her mother didn't know that. Her mother didn't know about her dating, so when she tried to explain why she would bother risking her safety to get the necklace, Lucille had a hard time explaining to her mother what she was doing with it. Eventually, her mother let her go, probably suspecting that Lucille was currently dating someone.

Lucille had decided not to take her car, due to the fact that she wasn't the best at manipulating the mist to hide her car. She wasn't good with her powers during the day, anyways. There was no point in bothering. As the girl took a sip of her Starbucks coffee, she stepped onto the bus and scoured around for a seat. It appeared that the whole bus was crowded except for one seat near the back. She figured that people found it too troublesome to be sitting at the back of the bus in New York traffic, but she didn't mind. She was supposed to be taking the bus to the last stop anyways.

The black haired girl made her way to the empty seat, and looking to the boy sitting beside the seat, she recognised him instantly. It was him. It was Sawyer. She gulped as he looked towards her direction, however she put on her usual cheerful parade around him. What was he doing in New York? He didn't have anyone to visit and he wasn't the shopping type. "Hey Sawyer, mind if I sit here?" she asked him, a sweet smile on her face as if they were still best friends.

As she looked closer, Lucille noted that he had a few bruises and she started to worry for him. She started speaking in rapid Ancient Greek, "Hey, you look like you just ran through my dad and back... What happened? Please don't tell me you got into another fight. You know how much I worry for you..." she said in a slightly hushed tone. She grabbed a small Tupperware box of ambrosia from her purse and placed it in his hand. "Take it, you need it." she said, feeling a bit desperate to keep him safe. If only he knew how much she cared. But she had heard that he had found someone else... there was barely any chance that they would even be best friends like they were. Of course, they were still best friends but he was a bit closed off to her. Nevertheless, she should've been happy for him.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: what you know. (cher)   what you know. (cher) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:12 am

When Sawyer heard Lucille's voice, it was like a thousand bricks hitting him all at once. Numerous times has he heard that voice whisper sweet words in his ear. The sound of her honeyed voice made it seem like it wasn't absent from his life for a while. He nodded, scooting over so that she would have some space to sit. Sawyer has never been good at conversations and Lucille knew that. Although the two were still very good friends, hopefully she'd realize that he was still the same Sawyer as he was when they first met.

He was startled when she started to speak Ancient Greek rapidly. Chuckling quietly to himself, he replied, "I have to, Lucille. You know that. It's my job." he shrugged. It was how he was helping his mother pay the bills. Even though he was practically risking his safety, he knew it would help his mom, either way.

Popping the ambrosia in his mouth, he smirked at Lucille. Immediately, the taste of a strawberry fruitshake filled his mouth. "You care too much," he told her with a smile after he had swallowed the remains.

Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: what you know. (cher)   what you know. (cher) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:56 pm

Lucille looked at him worriedly. He didn't seem comfortable, and she started to panic mentally. "You know, there are other jobs. I can help you find one... It doesn't have to be anything like my mother does... She has connections." She told him, her eyes filling with worry. One day, she was going to kill himself fighting like this. Internal bleeding, breaking his spine, cracking his skull open, it was going to happen. She swore that it would, and she would be feel guilty for it because she couldn't stop it. And although she had never met his mother, she was sure that his mother wouldn't want him to be fighting for money like this. It just couldn't be... She sighed.

Lucille sighed, "I'll never stop caring. We're... Best friends." She said, hesitating on the two words 'best friends'. She still wasn't used to saying the simple phrase again because he meant that much to her. But he didn't know, and he could never know. Suddenly, the bus came to a halt and the necklace flew towards the seat in front of them. Lucille caught it, and examined it quickly for any damages. She then shoved it in her pocket, hoping that he hadn't seen it. She had pretended to throw it away after they broke up, but she had kept it, wearing it under her shirt so that nobody would notice. She was that sentimental, it was true. But not without reason.

Lucille snuck a look at him. How many times had she seen his golden blonde hair in the morning? How many times had she kissed those perfect pink lips? How many had she fell asleep spending her late nights with him because he just couldn't fall asleep while it was dark? Too many times to count. She missed all of that, even though it was her foolish choice to end it all. It was all her fault that he was broken, she was so stupid. So ignorant to the fact that staying friends with him would hurt so much more, but she simply couldn't stay away.

Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: what you know. (cher)   what you know. (cher) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Sawyer glanced up from the now faded bruises on his hands to shift his gaze to Lucille's face. His heartbeat thudded in his chest as he recalled what he would used to do whenever a look of anxiety crossed her face. He remembered the taste of her lips when he had tried to kiss the frown off her face, disliking the fact how his troubles were affecting her as well. After planting a kiss on his lips, he'd proceed to kiss her forehead, wishing the worry lines would disappear whenever she'd furrow her eyebrows. He remembered kissing her everywhere; on her cheeks, her lips, her nose, her eyelids, just to see the smile that made his knees go weak slip back on her face.

Shaking his head, he snapped out of his reverie. He was fully aware of her mother's profession as a con artist, but never knew the details of it. The dainty Asian woman wasn't informed of the pair's previous relationship. It made everything much more exciting; knowing that her mother thought they were only close friends. To Sawyer, the risk of her mother finding out was enthralling and gave him a surge of adrenaline whenever they were in her neighborhood. That's what he loved about Lucille; she was so easygoing and carefree. She made him forget about his problems.

"It's okay, Luce. You know how the club works. They'll probably have my ass before I can tell them I want to quit," Sawyer responded, unconscious of the fact that he used Lucille's nickname. He tore his gaze away, hoping the dull pain in his chest would go away. It hurt to see her and claim that he wasn't her boyfriend anymore. By the looks of it, Lucille has probably moved on already.

Suddenly, the bus lurched forward as it stopped. Sawyer gripped the seat in front of him, ignoring the subtle ache in his knuckles. Something in his peripheral vision caught his eye. It was the necklace. He remembered the day so clearly, but forced the memory deep inside his brain. He didn't need to remember it. Not now, not ever.

He had the impression that Lucille threw it away after she dumped him. After all, wasn't that what exes did? Throw away their former love's crap away to forget about them? Apparently Sawyer and Lucille were unique; while she still kept the necklace they bought together, Sawyer still had a stash of items they had bought together as well. Although it was kept in the bottom of his trunk in Camp Half-Blood, it didn't stop him from coming across from them time to time, igniting a series of flashbacks revolving the daughter of Hades.

"I," he forced out, blinking rapidly, "have another job at the magazine, remember?" Hopefully she still remembered his second job as a writer for an underground magazine. After all, it was hard for him to forget her and all the memories she embedded in his head.

Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: what you know. (cher)   what you know. (cher) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 8:16 pm

Lucille sighed. "I should've stopped you from joining in the first place... I'm so sorry..." she said, looking down at her cup of coffee. When she had found about his fight club business, she was shocked, and she literally followed him around for a week until she realised that he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. She knew that he had to do what was done, but she regretted giving up on stopping him. She could pay them off, but if he found out, she would probably never hear the end of it.

She knew about his writing, she still read the magazine when she could get ahold of it. After all, they still hung out, just not as much as before. She knew more about him than he knew. She knew where his mother worked, where he had gone to school, simply because she had access to that information. But she found out about all of that when they were dating, because she was curious about this mysterious boy that seemed to be so misunderstood. She even found his grades, which were much better than hers because of her lack of self control. She was so free willed, all of the time.

Lucille looked over at him, "Yeah, I remember..." she trailed off. She was about to add another note, she would've added 'I remember when you would stay up all night, writing. And when the sun came up, I would've fallen asleep and you would go to sleep when I woke up.' but it would sound like she still had this infatuation with him. It would sound extremely creepy and beyond a platonic level considering the fact that she had broken up with him, and not the other way around. She fooled around with her ring on her right ring finger, and the bus came to another stop.

Before she could look around to avoid someone bumping into her, she was shoved into Sawyer, she suddenly found them sitting extremely close together. It was extremely awkward because she felt his breath on her neck and his heatbeat against her body, and she was momentarily stuck in that position and wasn't allowed space to move. She remembered mornings they spent together like this, just laying there and staring at the ceiling of the cabin, waiting for him to wake up. She almost chuckled at the one time she decided to draw on his face with makeup just for kicks.

The black haired girl could smell his scent, the soft texture of his plaid shirts, even though they were on public transit in New York. As soon as the lady who was half shoved into their little space regained her balance, Lucille shifted over, glad that her coffee had not spilled all over his pants. "S-sorry about that. Are you okay?" she asked him sweetly, her voice very timid. She wanted to shake her head at her actions. He had moved on already, there was no point.

Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: what you know. (cher)   what you know. (cher) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:13 am

"S'okay." Sawyer shrugged, running his fingers through his golden brown locks. "I was already part of it before you… you know." he stopped himself from mentioning anything about their previous relations. Things didn't need to get awkward now, and Sawyer would've preferred if that didn't happen. She had always been so intent in stopping him from participating in the club, but if he had done so, things would've gotten more complex for the then-couple. Weaving Lucille into his mess of a life wasn't exactly how he pictured their relationship going. Then again, he didn't exactly imagine their relationship going down the drain, either. In his eyes, they had the movie-perfect romance. Part of him couldn't quite figure out the exact reason why she had broken up with him. It made matters ten times worse for him. He spent three weeks alone, trying to figure out what was so wrong with him. But seeing Lucille now, that unfinished puzzle was starting to sort itself out; she deserved better.

He smiled at her, touched at how she still recalled their times together. It was hard not to recall the memories of their nights together. While she would doze off, he would be writing an article that needed to be finished as soon as possible. He remembered all the nights when she'd fall asleep in his arms, thinking about how they would stay in this eternal bliss.

The bus came to a halt at another stop and Lucille lurched towards him. Automatically, he held out his arms to balance her. The familiar scent of her perfume wafted in the air. The close proximity was almost normal to him, the only thing keeping him from staying comfortable was the reminder of their break up. He gave her another grin, responding, "Yeah. Are you okay?" he raised an eyebrow. It looked like the woman gave her a good push and earnestly wanted to know. The sound of her voice was nice, but it was starting to get foreign. The thought of having of her on his arm was starting to get strange. In that moment it was suddenly occurring to Sawyer.

He was starting to move on.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what you know. (cher)   what you know. (cher) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what you know. (cher)
Page 1 of 1