Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] Empty
PostSubject: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:12 pm

who cares if we lose again
Asher had no idea why he was even attempting to swim In this weather, seeing as It was so cold he thought his manly parts were about to drop off. More than anything, he was doing this for a dare from one of his friends although he was alone currently. He was just going to go swimming and make sure there was enough evidence that he had indeed been taking a dip before barging into cabin six and proving himself. He was a bit stupid like that; in the sense that he had to make sure people knew that he could do anything. He was stubborn, and Ash was persistant.

Yet, he was starting to have second thoughts when he actually got nearer to the waters edge. He had pulled off his camp shirt and held it in his hands, just left in swimming trunks, and could therefore feels the icy water just about meet his toes. The seventeen year old wondered if he could just jump in the shower and claim that he had taken a swim. Then again, he woulen't be doing himself justice. While contemplating all of this, he realised how stupid he must look by just standing and looking at the water.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:44 pm

i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] Tumblr_m9kc9idG4C1ru9wpw

Sophia Stephanie James

Quietly listening to her music, Sophia James sat on the beach with her sketch book, just sketching the ocean. While she was a daughter of Hades, she found the ocean to be a beautiful thing. Just not her favorite place of dwelling. Personally, she had no idea how to swim an didn't really want to learn. She was a daughter of Hades for love of Christ. Poseidon would most likely have her murdered in the waters. Shaking her thoughts away, Sophia looked down at her sketch book. She'd messed up the foam of the water. She flipped her pencil around and quickly erased it, drawing in a new wave instead of foam. She couldn't get the foam right. When the girl glanced back up again, she found that there was a tall boy standing by the shore. Her eyebrows furrowed, slightly. What was he doing there? Wait, he wasn't going to try to kill himself, right?! Sophia snorted at her thoughts. That was ridiculous. She watched as he pulled his shirt off and neared the water. What was he up to? He was going to freeze his butt off in this weather.

Instead of protesting, the daughter of Hades chose to watch carefully. She erased a few of her lines on her paper and began re-sketching the scene, drawing in the shirtless boy in front of the water. Her piercing blue eyes stayed on his body while her charcoal pencil moved on her paper. Yes, it was true that she could sketch without looking. It wasn't that hard to do, honestly. Her eyes dragged down the boy's torso, finding him to be quite fit. She raised her eyebrows slightly at this thought, briefly wondering what he looked like turned around. She could always find out if she wanted to... Could she? No, she wanted to finish her drawing, first. Well, that didn't take long. Within a few moments, she'd finish sketching the boy and the waves. Setting her sketchbook down, the courageous Sophia stood from her spot on her blanket and padded over to the boy, her Toms pressing down into the sand. As she neared the boy, she could practically smell his anxiety.

"You're going to freeze out there you know."

Last edited by Chrome Lion on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Maybe would help if he tried to count to three In his head, but he doubted so. Whether it was his mind playing tricks on him or real, the son of Hephaestus could've sworn that his toes were going blue. He was very close to just pulling the warm fabric of his shirt back of and abandoning this attempt to prove how much of a man he was. Asher's friends probably wouldn't remember any of It anyway, so what did it matter? No, It certainly mattered to Ash. If he couldn't even go into water, how could he manage something more daring like fighting a hellhound or something?

The seventeen year old felt his heart pound against his ribcage when he heard a girl speak from nearby, having obviously not looked around enough to see anyone else along the shoreline. He turned to face this stranger, finding a pretty girl standing there that wasn't someone he knew. Strange, considering he had been year many years. Then again, there were many teenagers that also went to camp and he wasn't that popular as to be acquainted with all of them. "I'm sure I can handle a little bit of water." he chuckled, acting like the low tempreture meant nothing to him. When he turned back to the waves though, It was obvious that he didn't want to go in, or made any attempt to. It didn't even occur to him that he was half-naked and In the presence of a female. That stuff never really....occurred to him until after the embarressment. "Unless you want to go first and see if its safe?"
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Sophia Stephanie James

Glancing at the boy's face, Sophia shook her head. "No way. I'm a daughter of Hades, Poseidon would have my head if I decided to take a swim. Plus, I don't know how to swim." Sophia admitted that last part with a slight chuckle. She wasn't afraid to say that she didn't know how to swim. She was okay with that. Sophia looked down at her boots, keeping her frozen hands in her shorts pockets. It was really cold out here and Sophia couldn't keep her curiousity to herself any longer. "So, why are you out here?" She asked, peering up at the boy. He had messy blond hair that fell into sky blue eyes. However, there were different hints of green here and there in his eyes. Sophia decided that he was really pretty in a rugged sort of way. Briefly, she wondered what he thought of her. Maybe he thought she was pretty? Probably not, though. Sophia shook her thoughts away and glanced up again, gazing at the sea. In the distance, she could see a lighthouse on a cliff, but that was way out there. Huh. She'd never actually noticed that before. She'd have to get up there and sketch one day.

Sophia wondered what they looked like, just standing there on the beach like trees. They probably looked really dumb considering it was pretty cold outside and people probably thought they were going for a swim. Sophia looked down again. The foamy tips of the waves just grazed the tops of combat boots. Hmm... feeling daring, Sophia backed up slightly and pulled off her boots and warm, wool socks. She placed them on the ground, away from the tide and stepped into the water, it coming up around her ankles. Sophia sucked in a breath of air through her mouth, chills sent all over her body. "It's f-freezing! But, s-safe." She declared, her teeth chattering. Sophia stepped out further into the surf, the water coming up to her knees. "Bet you can't go farther," Sophia turned, grinning at the boy behind her.

click me, i dare you. c:

Last edited by Chrome Lion on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Asher nodded, his eyebrows rising beneath his tangled heap of dirty blonde hair. There weren’t that many children of the underworld around, and this girl didn’t really seem like the type to be one. Nothing against her or anything, but she didn’t seem feisty and dangerous enough. She looked frail; but, then again, Ash wasn’t the best at reading people and he shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. “That’s a crap excuse for being scared.” he snorted, before pausing to go over what she had just said. “I mean the Hades bit, not the swimming bit, of course.” He waved a hand in the air in front of him as he went on, trying to do anything but wade deeper in the water. “It was a dare.” He shrugged, looking away from the pretty auburn girl and back at the water, his actions showing that there wasn’t anything else to say.

Before he knew it, the girl besides him at pulled of her boots and started to wade into the water. Oh heck no! She was not braver than him! Dropping his shirt on the dry parts of the soft sand behind him, Ash started to match the distance she had met. He thought he felt his toes, quite frankly, dropping off. Dude, he was so crazy sometimes it was ridiculous. “Oh my gods, dude. This is so fricking cold!” He exclaimed, wanting to jump back and get dry or something. Instead, being who he was, he just let his shoulder lift and down again and ploughed even deeper into the waves instil the ice cold water was around his knees and the bottom of his trucks were starting to dampen. “I win!” Asher beamed fist-pumping and not expecting to girl to continue.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Sophia Stephanie James

Sophia frowned, her delicate features knitting together. She didn't like that she was losing, even if it wasn't a challenge. The girl thought for a moment, wondering whether or not she was going to go on further and give this boy a run for his money. She should have, yes. The smart, sensible part of Sophia said that it was a bad idea, considering she couldn't swim, but the adventurous, courageous part of Sophia told her that it seemed like fun. For a moment, she just stood there, looking like she was having an internal conflict with herself. And she was. Uncrossing her arms from her chest, Sophia took a step forward into the freezing water, forcing her likely blue in color toes to bend a little. She pushed on further until the tips of her tweed shorts where being splashed with seawater. Probably not a good idea, but the daughter of a rich doctor could easily afford more clothes. All she had to do was give a little ring to daddy and tell him what happened. The man was whipped for his own daughter.

Feeling extra dumb, and just for effect, Sophia kept going further out to sea until the water was well above her waist. "Beat that," she said with a playful smile. All she was really trying to do was compete with the boy. Sophia had her back turned to the sea and didn't expect to get hit with a huge wave. She was about to open her mouth to speak when all of a sudden, the daughter of Hades felt like a wall of bricks hit her back. The wave easily took her down and pushed her in towards the shore, like Poseidon was trying to keep her away from the ocean. In the freezing water, Sophia felt herself being dragged downwards with the weight of her clothes and not to mention the current's strength. Sophia felt the sea floor beneath her fingers and she desperately felt around for a plant or something to steady herself. The girl thrashed about in the water, finally getting to her feet in the waist deep water.

"That wa-" Sophia was sucked back down with the tide going back out. The tide sucked her further out to sea, it being stronger than she'd imagined. 'Holy crap...' she thought, as she struggled against the sea's iron grasp. Sophia could no longer feel the sea floor beneath her as she struggled and kicked, barely keeping her head above the water. "Maybe I should learn to swim, but help!" she called, her voice frantic and eyes wild.

click me, i dare you. c:

Last edited by Chrome Lion on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:07 pm

The grin of triumph was immediately replaced with one of amusement and frustration when the girl decided to challenge him further. Although it was cold – so much so that he felt the fairs on his torso standing on age and his jaw starting to chatter – he thought that he would be able to get even deeper in the waves. Further than the daughter of Hades, anyway. Who the heck was she in the first place? He didn’t ask, seeing as she was at least entertaining him. Ash was used to having people around him anyway, so it wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. He watched her more forward until she the water stayed around her waist, not wanting to even go that further in him. It was cold enough just around his feet; he didn’t want his butt to get numb as well. That wouldn’t be very pleasant.

Blue eyes lighting up at the possibility of pounding the girl down with his competitiveness, he forced himself to take another step forward so the ice-cold waves were around his knee caps. “Watch and learn, loser.” He sneered playfully, about to advance even deeper in when he was the massive way behind the girl. He started to laugh before remembering that she couldn’t swim, and that tower of water didn’t look like something you would be able to walk away from easily. Hades and the god of the sea weren’t very tight, were they? Asher was frozen at first, not being able to produce enough body heat to fix his muscles into movement. Thankfully, he watched the girl manage to get back to her feet. Just as he was about to awkwardly say how lucky she was, she was engulfed again by the waves, and it seemed like she couldn’t escape alone this time.

“Oh Christ!” He cussed, leading onto more colourful words as the seventeen year old boy pushed himself into action. He practically dived into a swim, the coldness of the water wanting to lock his body still even if he fought against it. He was meant to be surrounded by forges and fire, not freaking ice-cold water. And since when did he have to be the guy that saved the damsel in distress!? He swam forward nonetheless, struggling to fight against the powerful currents that were crashing against them from everyone direction. He just about managed to grab the girl’s shirt and pull her towards him before he himself was sucked beneath the waves.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Sophia Stephanie James

Just as she suck below the waves one last time, Sophia felt a hand grab the front of shirt around her collar, the ocean's water around them turned frothy in the sudden wind. Gods, it was like a storm was picking up out of nowhere. Wouldn't surprise, though, considering Poseidon was the god of hurricanes as well as the sea. Scared, wet, and freezing, Sophia latched onto the boy's body, keeping her arms tight around his neck. Her cheek was pressed against his as they fought to stay above the water. But, the two demigods lost the battle to the ocean. They sunk below the waves, and Sophia felt absolutely horrible about herself. She'd gotten them into this mess and it was all her fault. Not that it was totally up to her to fix this mess, she felt as though she'd have to fix it somehow.

The daughter of Hades concentrated all of her energy and focus as they bobbled on the surface and underneath the water, she concentrated all of her energy and focus on what was below the seafloor. Something in her gut tugged and it felt like her intestines were being ripped out of her body. Instantly, Sophia felt like she was going to vomit. Not here, though. She couldn't do that. If the ocean could shake, she felt like it was shaking. Suddenly, under her feet, she felt something solid and sturdy touch her bare toes. Not letting go of the boy, they rose out of the water, Sophia kneeling on the deck of the ghostly ship that she had just raised from somewhere on the ocean floor. Sophia's eyelids fluttered with the weight of the water and the lack of energy she had after doing that massive task. Yeah, it took a lot to save their dumb asses from drowning. But, it was the only solution that she could think of. As the boat began to stop rocking, Sophia looked up at the boy and mumbled a few last words before she passed out, "I'm sorry."

Then blackness.

Last edited by Chrome Lion on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 6:43 pm

With the Hades girl clinging tightly around his torso, Ash struggled to find an escape back into dry land but he was pretty much disorientated by the fact that he could barely see or had no sense of direction at all. He didn't even know which way was up or down. Above the waves it was absolute carnage, and he knew that soon the underwater currents would start throwing them both around like puppets on a string If they hesitated any longer. They would be lucky if they didn't drown first because neither way was looking very pleasant. On the contrary, Ash struggled to decide which would be a more horrific death.

Then the ground started to shake, and Asher felt solid ground raise from beneath his bare feet. He was really quite shocked and alarmed, but realised that the girl must have done or triggered something for the 'ship' to emerge. He sucked in a large gulp of air when his head finally was about the waves, his hair sticking to his head and in all direction messily. The two Demigods continued to clutch eachother as they kneeled on the deck of the ship, Ash's broad shoulders jerking violently as he shivered. At first he didn't know what the girl meant when she apoligised to him, seeing as it was his fault for being In the water in the first place, and his blue eyes widened again when she slumped in his arms.

Camp had taught him many things over the four years he had been her. Luckily, he had been Instructed how to save someone in means of first aid and such. Ash assumed that the girl still had water In her lungs, which was very dangerous as she could still die, and therefore pulled her back enough so he could see if she was breathing. Although, after a pathetic attwkpt to finjf a pulse or her breath, he gave up; her body was in too much a state of hypothermia to locate an pulse easily. He quickly dropped her so she was lying on the deck. He could've done It a little more gently, but he was in a rush and panic. He pumped down five times on her chest aggressively, not even knowing if she was alive or not before opening her mouth. Not letting himself think it over, he leaned down to lock his lips against hers and blew an almighty gust of wind into her lungs.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:40 pm

i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] Tumblr_lwxdy2BZGf1qbm4md

Sophia Stephanie James

While the girl was out, she dreamed that she was in the Underworld. She knew it was just a dream because, well, as a child of Hades, she just knew what being dead felt like. And it wasn't a particularly lovely sensation, either. All around her was an air of death and gloominess so it didn't take Sophia long to realize that she was in the Fields of Asphodel. She glanced around, taking in her surroundings. A bunch of dead people whom she didn't like. Sophia didn't like or respect the dead. She couldn't find a reason to. They couldn't feel, hear, or see her. Why should she respect them? Just because they'd died? No. That was silly. Sophia began to sprint out of the fields, towards an iron gate surrounded by undead guards. "Let me out," she hissed at the guards. The guards didn't even budge. "Let me out, boneheads!" Sophia demanded, her voice doubling in power. She closed her mouth, frightened by her own voice. She thought that she was too powerful for her own good sometimes.

The guards shifted over to the left and the gates swung open, letting her out. "Thanks." She mumbled, slipping past them and down the path to Hades' castle. Halfway down the path, Sophia was stopped and thrown to the ground by a horrible rumbling. "Gods," she muttered, rolling to her knees, knees scratching up. Sophia looked up and saw a tall, pale man standing above her; her biological father. Sophia sighed and stood, brushing her knees off. "What do you want, Hades?" Sophia refused to call the god by the name of Father considering she'd hardly spoken to him in her entire life. "I was keeping that boat there for a reason and you raised it." Hades' expression was slightly upsetted. Sophia didn't care about hurting the poor baby's feelings, though. "Yeah, well, I wanted to stay alive," Sophia's tone was sharp. "Watch it," Hades growled. The god started to speak further, but was stopped when suddenly, Sophia felt a pain growing in her chest, like someone was pressing down on her chest. She clutched at her shirt, and gasped for air and then disappeared altogether, before Hades could get his two cents in.

Back in the freezing cold and rain, Sophia's eyelids fluttered open and then shut again, her eyelashes sticking to her skin. It took her a few moments to realize that someone was performing CPR on her. It took her another minute to figure out that it was the boy from before. While he was quite cute, she wasn't going to let him blow air into her lungs. Sophia's eyes opened again and she placed a hand on his cheek and another on his neck and lifted his head away gently. "Thanks for the air, but I'm good." Sophie said, a weak, but playful smile danced on her blue lips as she gazed up into his eyes. For a moment, she was lost in those baby blues, even forgetting how cold she was. With her hands in the places they were, the two could've looked like a couple, except for the fact that pouring down icy rain. Even through the weather, Sophia could feel the body heat radiated from his shirtless torso. He must've ran a degree or two warmed than other demigods. Sophia knew for a fact that she held a slightly colder body temperate than other demigods, too.

Last edited by Zan on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Feeling smaller hands pushing his head away, Ash backed up a little so that his head was just about hovering above the girls. Although he guessed it could’ve been perceived as a romantic kind of thing, the only real thing that was going through his mind right now was the fact that this girl and he had only just escaped death. Though he stayed where he was, he could feel the rain plummeting like pellets against his bare back and felt uncomfortable. He panted for breath, one hand on the wooden deck next to the girl’s auburn hair and the other by her shoulder. A drip of water spattered from Asher’s mop of blonde hair and below Sophia’s greyish blue eyes. His pupils traced it, not really knowing what he was mean tot say or do.

Then, after a minute of staying locked in place, he allowed a relived and awkward laugh to escape his lips. He leaned back so he wasn’t touching the girl any longer, his chest still rising and falling quickly as he tried to get his breath back. “Whoa, that was…st-stupid.” He croaked, feeling sick but trying to push it away. He ran a hand over his tangled hair, pushing it off his face and spitting some water out of his mouth. “Holy c-crap. You weren’t joking when you said that Poseidon hated you.” His teeth were still chattering aggressively, rubbing his large hands against his biceps in an attempt to warm up his frozen muscles. He wouldn’t be surprised if the both of them ended up getting really ill or something. “Where the hell did you get this floating pile of c-crap, anyway?” He asked, looking around. “And how the h-heck are we going to get b-back?”
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Sophia Stephanie James

Sophia rolled up off her back and pulled her knees to her chest. She gazed at her toes, which were turning a gross shade of bluish-purple. If she didn't get back to camp, she'd lose them. Sophia's gaze flickered over at the boy, whose name she was still unsure of. "Yeah, Poseidon really does hate me... I can't really figure out why, though," Sophia's gaze turned dreamy for a moment while she thought about possible reasons. No, she honestly had no idea why the god of the sea hated her. She'd never done anything to offend the guy, nor had she destroyed some sacred temple of his, either. She hadn't done a single thing... deliberately. Sophia dismissed her thoughts, listening to the boy's questions. "Well, the captain is in charge of this 'piece of crap' and technically, since I raised his boat and he's dead, he's my slave," she explained, tucking a piece of wet hair behind her frozen ears. "Er, that's the simplest way I could put it."

As for getting off the boat, they could shadow travel. "I don't know if I have enough energy left to shadow travel, though," the girl admitted, averting her eyes. It was a little bit embarrassing to have to admit that. Especially having just raised an entire ship from the ocean floor. "But, I can try." Sophia pulled herself up off the boat deck and held out a hand for the boy to take. She was determined to get them off this boat. She'd gotten them into this mess, now she was going to get them out. "Next time I decided to go swimming, it'll be in the summer," Sophia smiled weakly at the other teen. "Oh, also, when we shadow travel, you're going to want to hold on tight," she added somewhat sheepishly. She was only sheepish about it because they'd only just met and they'd been doing a lot of touching of each other.

Last edited by Zan on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Running and getting his hand stuck in his entangled blonde hair, Asher blew loudly out of his mouth and wasn’t surprised to find fog emerging before his eyes due to the low heat. He nodded along with what the Hades girl was saying, only half concentrating as he struggled to pry his fingers free from his mess of hair. “Uh, maybe because your dad did something to piss his brother off?” he suggested, choosing his words carefully so he didn’t anger the Greek god of the underworld. He didn’t fancy being hurled back into that ice cold water again. Ash listened to the rest of what the girl had to say, his blue eyes widening a little. It was both awesome and a little weird that the girl had a slave. It was awesome in the fact that it meant that this boat was technically hers, or something (Asher wasn’t really listening so he didn’t know), but it was weird because…it just was. He couldn’t word himself very well right now, but it was pretty unusual.

Watching the girl as she stood to her feet, trying to look through the rain that was pounding down against his face, Asher took her hand after a moment to help himself to his feet. She was colder, colder than him, and he couldn’t help but notice how softer and smaller her hands were in comparison to his. He let go as soon as he was up on the balls of his feet, not wanting it to be awkward. “Oh, swimming in the Summer is too boring.” he grinned, rolling his eyes. He was being much too happy considering he was freezing his butt off. He was a little nervous about the shadow travelling, considering he had never done it before, and didn’t know how to easily approach the girl and embrace her. He just put the anxiousness aside and pulled the daughter of Hades against his chest, in a tight hug. He probably could’ve done it a little gentler, but whatever, He just wanted to get off this damn boat. “Let’s go.”
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Sophia Stephanie James

Teeth chattering, Sophia grinned at his comment. "Yeah, it's just too mainstream for me. I'm a bit of a hipster." The girl looked down at her sopping wet clothes. They were an obvious choice for a hipster like herself. A red bowtie, a silk white shirt, a pair of shorts and boots. Well, her boots were back on the shore. Along with her... ruined bag. Sophia's face fell when she remembered where she'd put her sketchbook. 'Oh crap,' she thought to herself. How could she have been so stupid? Well, technically the storm had been out of her control. If only she had been born a daughter of Zeus instead. When the boy reached out and crushed her to his chest, Sophia let out a little noise, all squished against the boy's chest. "Hold on," she whispered against the boy's chest. The daughter of Hades closed her eyes and concentrated as she summoned the rest of her energy. When she began to feel the shadows wrapping around the two of them, Sophia subconsciously encircled her arms around the boy that was clutching her. She couldn't help her fear of the dark.

A warm gust of wind blew across Sophia's neck as they traveled through the shadows and she shivered uncomfortably. It wasn't the kind of breeze that kept her warm, it was the kind of stale, warm, dead air that a dead person might have. Sophia didn't dare open her eyes, instead she focused all her energy into moving them as far away from the cold as possible. Suddenly, the air around them was back, no longer warm and humid. The air was now a very warm, comfortable, alive air. Sophia's eyelids snapped open and she realized where they were. The forge in the armory. She'd never been in here before. For a moment, Sophia was almost afraid to step away from the boy, for fear of falling over and losing consciousness, considering how she was lacking a lot of energy at the moment. Her eyelids fluttered for a moment as she pulled away from the boy, but she was able to steady herself against a table. She nearly sagged on top of it, but managed to hold herself up for the time being. "You're... welcome," she said, her voice soft and weak. [/code]

Last edited by Salt on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Asher's could never be considered as a fearful boy; not with his physically boisterous appearance and slightly arrogant perainality, but he knew he would dislike the sensation of shadow travelling. He was a son of Hephaestus; he wasn't meant for this whole freaky talent crap. The only things he was good at was fighting and building stuff. That was it. Therefore, because he was uncomfortable, he clenched his eyes shut and felt the atmosphere around them change slightly yet didn't hold the ability to peek through his eyelids. He was thankful that the girl had plucked up enough power and energy to push them Into this travelling state off the boat and would be sure to show his appreciation later on if possible. He didn't even know the girl's name though, so he was unsure how he was meanr to do that.

Letting the Hades girl detatch herself from within the seventeen year old's grip, Ash finally opened his eyes and was glad to be met by the family place of the armory forge. Many it his siblings were around and gave him funny looks as he was wearing just a pair of swimming trucks and dripping wet from head to toe. He would fill them in later; now he was more preoccupied with making sure the girl wasn't going to drop dead on him. Ash wanted to reach out and grab her arm to steady her, but she seemed able stand with the table for now. "You look like you are gonna hurl." He grimaced. Asher's was good at making a girl feel beautiful. "Do you need carrying?" He offered, knowing it was the least he could do.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 7:19 pm

i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] Tumblr_m4hwyuVRc01qmlkrvo1_250

Sophia Stephanie James

Sophia's facial features squeezed together in a grimace, showing that she obviously needed a few days worth of naps. But, ... on the bright side, at least she was starting to get a little warmer. "I left my bag and sketch pad at the beach, do you think you could...?" Hoping he'd get what she was asking, Sophia trailed off, closing her eyes in exhaustion. She'd really never used her powers this much in one day and it was weird, being drained like this. "I'll be able to get to my cabin on my own, it's not too far from here," she managed, her voice barely above a whisper. Sophia's eyes hardly stayed open as she attempted to make the trek from where they were standing to the door. Halfway there, she decided that she needed to sit down. "Alright, I'm done, I need a nap," Sophia said, waving the rest of the journey off with her hand and flopping down on a bench, where she closed her eyes.

In the warmth of the armory was where Sophia wanted to stay and really had no intention of going elsewhere. If the Hephaestus boys wanted to make her leave, they were going to have to toss her out of the armory. She pulled her numb feet up towards her chest, her flame red hair spilling over the bench. In the heat of the armory, it was beginning to dry, the curls of her hair glossy in the dim light. The light of the fire danced on her face, illuminating her sharp, pretty features. Sophia dozed on, not moving, or planning on moving anywhere. She was in the prime spot for warmth; she was on a bench near the fire. Nope, she wasn't going anywhere.

Last edited by Salt on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:56 am

sink or swim, hold your breath and just dive right in
All Asher wanted to do was go to his cabin and dry off. He wanted to be warm and dry, and maybe then crash out of the couch for a good few hours. The teenager could do with a good few while of shut-eye, but he knew that he owed this girl much to his frustration. He was unsure that she would actually be able to get to her cabin on her own without any means of aid, but he would do what she wanted. If her bag and sketch-pad really meant that much to her, he would retrieve it. “If you’re sure…” He started, not leaving the forge until she had taken her place down on the bench. “I’ll be right back. Wait here.” He told her, hesitating with a frown for a moment before leaving the warm and cosy forge for the damp beach again in a jog, just wanting to get back in the heat.

Although he was lacking the normally high amount of energy that his body contained, he was still able to run slowly to the beach and get onto the sand within a few minutes. The water only just seemed to be calming and the rain having stopped, which pissed him off considering he was soaking. He saw his orange t-shirt by the waters edge but it was wet and sodden so he left it. He found her bag quickly, only having taken a small amount of water to it. It was dry considering it was further away from the water. He picked up both of the items, his curiosity forcing him to take a flick through the sketch-pad whilst he had the chance. On the last page, signalling that it was the last picture drawn, he found a sketch of the view that she must have had before taking her trek into the water and it took another moment tot realise that the boy standing before the water must be himself. That was pretty cool. “I look ripped.” He mused to himself, closing the pad and shoving it in her backpack before making his way back to the forge.

He got there just was fast as before, finding the Hades child sleeping on one of the benches near a flame. Ash dropped the bag next the her delicately, also taking a seat besides her in an attempt to warm up also. “Hey, I got it.” He told her, placing a hand on her arm in order to wake her up.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Sophia Stephanie James

Sophia's eyes flickered open as she stirred. "Oh, thanks..." she said softly, "I never did catch your name, you know." Her sleepy gray eyes glinted in the dim light of the forge. With much effort, she reached down and picked up her soaked bag and sketchbook. Well, she was lucky that the book was new and not her usual one. The one she usually drew on was back at home in her cabin. But, this one... well, it was new and the pages were all now ruined. She'd have to toss it. Sophia flipped the wet book shut and stuffed it into her bag. She figured the boy had probably looked through and seen her drawings. Sophia didn't have anything too personal in the book, though, so she wasn't upset. She only had a drawing of him, a design she was working on, a window from her dream the other day, and a drawing of the sunset. The other sketchbooks she had were much more personal and she never took them out of the cabin.

Sophia sat up on the bench, rubbing her eyes with her palms. Gods, she wanted nothing more than to take a nap and curl up in her nice warm cabin with a bowl of soup. But, being the tough girl she was, Sophia stood up from the bench--shakily--and slung her bag around her back. She glanced at the boy and asked, "You just gonna stay here?" Honestly, she kind of hoped he'd walk with her. It was starting to get late and with the weather and clouds, she didn't want to be in the dark. Sophia was a bit terrfied of the dark. She thought her fear was pretty ironic considering her god parent was from the Underworld, where it was dark all of the time. Sophia's eyes lingered on the boy's face for a while, looking at his features, going over his scars. He had a lot of scars, she noticed for the first time. But, they weren't horribly noticeable considering she'd just noticed.

Last edited by Salt on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:08 pm

sink or swim, hold your breath and just dive right in
Turning his head in the direction of the fire so his face and hair would hopefully dry faster (at least, Asher thought it would but he wasn’t the cleverest guy around), Asher indeed realised that after both nearly dying because of each other that hadn’t even bothered to introduce each-other. He knew more about her than she him; at least, so he only thought it was fair.“Oh yeah. I’m Asher Killick, Hephaestus.” He answered, offering her a playful and modest grin before closing his eyes in an attempt to feel some heat on his eyelids. “You?” He already knew her Godly parent, at least, so he only really needed to know her name. Considering that they hadn’t really had a chance to safely tell each-other their alias before, he knew that it wasn’t rude that he hadn’t before.

It was really warm in the forge; so much so that Asher wasn’t really keen on leaving at first even if the Hades girl wanted to get back., So did he, but he was tired. His half-siblings were surrounding him anyway so it wasn’t as if he was out of place here. Nevertheless he faced the girl, scratching his cheek as he thought for a moment before getting to his feet next to her. He was a good inches taller than the girl, he noticed, although he was still only average height for a guy. “I’ll walk you back, if you want.”He shrugged, knowing that it was only a few doors down from his own cabin and the promises of a shower and a nap really enlightened his spirits. He wasn’t as cold and wet as he had been a moment earlier, but he really just wanted to get back. Dropping this girl off along the way wasn’t going to affect him in anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]   i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i’ll be holding onto you for dear life [private]
Page 1 of 1