Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire] Empty
PostSubject: If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire]   If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:53 am

(So say goodbye) to the vows you take
(And say goodbye) to the life you make
(And say goodbye) to the heart you break
And all the cyanide you drank.

If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire] Tumblr_lt3c2mtm5M1qcnugmo1_500_large
joanne~immortal~cratus

The forest was very quiet... Almost too quiet.

Joanne didn't dare make a move. It was very quiet, and if she did, she was afraid that she'd scare off game. A small squirrel pattered by and Joanne shot at it and hit it in the head. She didn't shoot for food, just for fun. Joanne didn't particularly like killing animals, so she limited herself to one kill a day. But if she were to be threatened by a large animal, then she'd have to break her rule. But that rarely happened. There was never anything too large in the forest to attack her. Or so she thought.

But let's not think like that. Right now, it was a very peaceful day, and she stared mercifully at the dead squirrel. She removed her arrow from it's head and wiped it off. She brought the squirrel down to the stream and washed it's head off, the blood mixing in the stream. This was the usual thing she did after a kill. Blood had stopped flowing from it's wound, so Joanne patted the spot with a leaf, just to be sure. After washing was preparation. Joanne prepped the squirrel in a nice leaf garment and then began to dig. Not with her fingers of course, but a shell that she had found at the beach earlier.

Once the hole was deep enough, Joanne lowered the squirrel into the hole and covered it. She put a rock at the top as a makeshift gravestone. After a few Greek hymns and prayers, Joanne put small wildflowers and daisies and stones over the squirrel's grave. She remembered all this from her grandmother's grave. Right after this squirrel's funeral was done, a wave of sadness and loneliness rolled over Joanne. She felt lonely for doing this, and had wished she never killed the squirrel at all. But her impulses took force.

(And say goodbye) to the last parade
(And walk away) from the choice you made
(And say goodnight) to the heart you break

Last edited by Rue♥ on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire]   If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:19 pm

If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire] Eligol12

Henry Jones

Henry enjoys climbing trees. It was a weird thing, but he always did. He always liked higher places.

From the tree he was lying in, he could see all the way to Thalia's pine tree, and off into the Sound. But, for some weird reason, the girl below him was intriguing. He could only see her blonde head from so far up, but he was still able to see what she was doing.

Henry leaned down, and realized she was holding some sort of funeral... for a... what was that? Oh. It was a squirrel. She was holding a funeral for a squirrel.

Henry grabbed the trunk of the tree with one hand, and positioned himself so he was leaning towards the ground. "Hey! Do you always hold funerals for the animals you kill?" he asked her, trying to bite back his smile. He failed, of course, and started laughing so hard he had to sit back down on the branch.
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire]   If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:36 pm

If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire] Tumblr_lt3c2mtm5M1qcnugmo1_500_large
joanne~immortal~cratus

Was he... laughing?

Joanne felt hurt. People laughed at her for the funny things she did, but not for the kind things she accomplished. She whipped her head around and aimed her arrow at him, but immediately lowered it. There was no reason for her to shoot him, or at least try to. That would be wasting an arrow... and a somewhat valuable person.Joanne stood up, straightening her back, and used her most professional voice. "I'd advise you not to laugh. I'm very lethal with this bow, if you didn't notice." A sly grin appeared on Joanne's face, and she walked towards the tree. "And no, I do not bury every animal I kill. I felt sorry for this one. Animals need rest just like humans do," she proclaimed.

"Who might you be, anyways?" she added.

Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire]   If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Henry Jones

Henry composed himself, but couldn't stop smiling. However, it faltered when she threatened him, but returned a moment after. "You'd need to catch me to be able to be lethal with that bow," he said. He decided to get down from the tree.

Swinging himself down, he made it to the ground in a matter of seconds, which surprised even Henry. He shoved his hands in his leather jacket, keeping it tight around him, and thus his dagger. It was strapped tightly to the inside of his jacket, to a makeshift scabbard he had made.

"I may be Henry Jones, son of very famous fashion designer Isaac Jones," he said. He added in the last part jokingly, making his voice sound extremely sarcastic, even going as far to add in a fake, snobby accent. "No, son of Tyche," he added, justifying his god parent.
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire]   If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:17 pm

joanne~immortal~cratus

There was a sparkle in her eyes. There was never a sparkle in her eyes.

Joanne shook her head and nodded at his reply. She'd never met a child of Tyche before, so this was a first. Her bow and quiver of arrows lay down beside her leg. She didn't really need it at this moment, but it was a good idea to always keep them handy. "Tyche, that's interesting," she said with a smile. "I've never met a child of Tyche before. You are my first." She didn't like the way that phrase had sound, but she ignored it and pulled her hair out of her face. "I'm Joanne Cahill, daughter of Cratus," she said. Immortal Huntress of Artemis. She loved saying that last part. It made her feel different than the rest. But she felt like she should keep that away from him.

Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire]   If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:48 am

Henry Jones

Henry flashed one of his charming smiles at her. "Nice to meet you, daughter of Cratus. You're my first too," he replied, sticking out his hand for a hand shake. "So, what are you doing out here?" he asked, curious as to why she was hunting if she didn't even eat the squirrel.

{WORST POST EVER}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire]   If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If life gives you lemons, then...? [private to Skye, the girl on fire]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: