Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

That time of the year again -Blu-

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vixy

Vixy

That time of the year again -Blu- Empty
PostSubject: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:59 pm

It was that time of the year. Frost was glistening on the grass, the place was emptying out of the summer campers, and Brianna was sick in the infirmary with Pneumonia. It was common to see the girl running around barefoot, splashing in the freezing river until her lips were purple. It took coaxing from siblings and friends just to get her to put shoes on, let alone winter gear.

So here she was again, sitting in an infirmary bed, coughing and coloring in a My Little Ponies coloring book someone had brought her.
Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Alexis Castle
Daughter of Apollo
Alexis had been overseeing some sick demigods most of the morning. She was not really needed until the summer, as she was one of the only summer campers from cabin seven. There were a few common colds to treat here and there, nothing really life-threatening. The most serious case at that moment was pneumonia, and it was a pretty easy fix with a little nectar.

Making her way to the next occupied bed in the infirmary, Alexis sighed and shook her head. She recognized the girl. She could not put a name to the face, but the girl was definitely in here before. Probably last year, around the same time. Taking a quick look at her and noticing the bare feet and the light clothing, she knew why. Even inside Alexis still sported a sweater, jeans, and boots. "Back again, I see," she said to the girl, interrupting her coloring.

|| OOC: None. ||
|| Word Count: 150 || RP Partner: Vix ||
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:31 pm

Brianna looked up from the coloring book. "Yeaaaaah. I keep forgetting where I put my shoes. I think they're in the forest somewhere." The cheerful girl was always smiling. Even after a violent coughing fit, all she did was smile and give a little. "Ow!" And she was back to her coloring book. "Are you my doctor today? Do you have fun stickers?" She asked happily. The girl was obviously around mid teens, but she acted much like a child.
Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Alexis Castle
Daughter of Apollo
The girl forgot where she put her shoes? Alexis chuckled lightly. Her smile faltered a bit when the girl broke into a coughing fit, though it quickly returned, admiring the girl's cheery outlook, despite her condition. "Yes, I will be your doctor this evening," she smiled. "I'm going to prescribe some nectar, and a new pair of shoes," she chuckled lightly, making a mental note to locate some stickers. Many of the campers were very young, so there definitely should be some in the infirmary somewhere. If they had My Little Pony coloring books, they were bound to have some stickers.

It was intriguing. The girl seemed about Alexis' age, yet she had a child-like enthusiasm. Most demigods, Alexis included, found themselves having to grow up pretty quickly. This girl's personality was refreshing. The daughter of Apollo moved to fetch some nectar for the girl. "So, what's your name," she asked, calling over her shoulder.

|| Word Count: 155 || RP Partner: Vix ||
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:00 pm

"I'll probably lose those shoes too. If you find some shoes in the forest, they're probably mine. I've lost...7 pairs of sandals and a pair of sneakers in there!" Her purple eyes were focused on her coloring, but she soon looked up at the question of her name. She didn't believe in letting the situations get you down. Being sad all the time didn't get anything done, and if you smile, it may spread to another.

"Brianna Whyte! Daughter of Dionysus! What's your name?" she asked, having another coughing fit and shivering. "I don't think I've been this sick in a while!"
Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Alexis Castle
Daughter of Apollo
Alexis shook her head. "That is a lot of shoes," she said with a nervous chuckle. "Well, it's nice to meet you Brianna, my name is Alexis Castle, daughter of Apollo, as you may have guessed." The infirmary was run by the Apollo kids after all. Alexis walked back over with a glass of what looked like apple juice, the ice cubes making a tinkling sound as she walked and they lightly tapped the sides of the glass. She plopped a purple straw into the drink for Brianna, one of those crazy straws she happened to find.

"This should help," Alexis said, setting the drink down on a surface near the girl's bed. She stepped back a moment and pulled her tousled blond hair up into a ponytail. "You should consider wearing a jacket. It's pretty chilly out there," she informed, crossing her hands over her chest. "And, how did you manage to lose that many pairs of shoes?" she wondered out loud with a chuckle.

|| Word Count: 166 || RP Partner: Vix ||
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Looking at the drink, she shrugged and sipped it some through the straw. Crazy straws, were awesome. With a little cough, she smiled. "Well, lotsa people work in the Infirmary! I never try to guess the godparent of a person cause it might make them sad if they don't know!" It was her lifestyle not to upset people. Sipping her drink some more, she tucked her legs up to her chest. A jacket...Did she own one?

"Uhhhhm, I dunno if I have a jacket... But I'll look! I only really get cold and sick at camp!" Well that's because she lived on a vineyard in California. At being questioned about her shoes, she pondered a moment. "Well... I take them off cause I don't like running with them on...and I forget where I put them!"
Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Alexis Castle That time of the year again -Blu- 30lz9t0
Daughter of Apollo
She nodded to the girl's first comment. There were a lot of unclaimed demigods out there. It seemed totally likely that one could volunteer to work the infirmary. And of course, everyone knows what happens when you assume."I guess your right," Alexis chuckled nervously. About the jacket thing, Alexis answered, "Well, if you don't have one, I can lend you one. You should definitely have one if you're at camp over the winter." Alexis mentally winced. She sounded like a annoyingly concerned mother. She had always been the over protective type, but it was like she had become aware of it for the first time. Pushing the thoughts aside, she returned her attention to the girl.

Alexis could not help but chuckle at the explanation Brianna provided about her shoe dilemma. "I guess that makes sense," she said through stifled laughter. "You're a runner, huh? I'm pretty good at track," Alexis announced. "Maybe I'll challenge you to race sometime," Alexis smiled, watching the girl slowly empty her glass through the purple crazy straw. She wasn't finished with it yet, but Alexis didn't wait until it was all gone before she asked, "So how're we feeling? Any better?"

|| Word Count: 197 || RP Partner: Vix ||
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Brianna smiled. "Maybe! I'll have to send a letter home to mom about sending me a jacket, and shoes... Are you sure it's okay if I borrow one?" she asked, continuing to slurp the drink through the crazy straw, humming. The cough seemed to be gone by now.

"I run all the time. And dance, and climb. My dad says I'm a free runner. I dunno what that means. I guess I am? We could race if you want! It'd be fun! If you don't mind me running without my shoes. I don't like running with shoes on." Upon being questioned on her health, she pondered. "Uhhhhm.... The pain in my chest is gone. Just a tickle in my throat now. Thank you!"
Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:38 am

Alexis Castle
Daughter of Apollo
"Of course you can borrow one," she assured. "There will be no freezing to death on my watch," she chuckled, moving over to this little coat rack on the side. There was a sweater and a couple of jackets that Alexis has forgotten to bring back to her cabin one time or another. She plucked a North Face jacket off of the rack and brought it over. The jacket was a light green with some darker green areas. It was waterproof, good quality, and had a removable fleece. "Like two jackets in one," Alexis said as she displayed it. She had no problem letting the girl borrow it. Alexis had another one like it. "Hopefully it'll help you avoid another visit, or at least delay the next one," she chuckled.

"We have some stuff in common," Alexis informed. She took dance, gymnastics, and track and field when she was younger. "Even the freerunning, which is basically just moving over and through obstacles," she briefly explained. "You know, wall climbs are a lot easier to do with shoes."

Alexis was glad that the pain in her chest was gone. The nectar definitely took care of that pneumonia. "You're welcome, glad you're feeling better," she announced. With only a tickle in her throat, she really didn't need any more nectar. "Now we can move on to mortal stuff." Wouldn't want her insides to burn up. Alexis moved over to a desk and opened up a drawer to get Brianna come cough drops. "So, do you want the cherry lozenges that don't work really well but taste really good, or these lemon and honey Halls which work really well but are pretty gross," she asked with a chuckle.

|| Word Count: 285 || RP Partner: Vix ||
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Looking at the green jacket she was being loaned, Brianna smiled appreciatively. "I promise to return it as soon as my mom sends me one from home! Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!" She crossed her heart, made a flying motion, and pressed her hand to her eye, all in sequence with her little bit. It was something from her favorite show in the world, and it had stuck with her.

Brianna had never actually done any sports, despite her school wanting her too. Doing it competitively took the fun out of it! Everyone expected you to beat other people all the time, and that's not fun, or nice! Thinking on shoes being better for climbing, she pondered. "I dunno. I have an easier time without them, cause I can feel what grips are safer and which are slippery with my toes! I just wish I had claws like cats and squirrels, cause then it'd be easier to climb trees." Tapping her cheek, the girl pondered herself with paws and claws. She decided it looked too silly and moved on.

When asked about the cough drops, she smiled brightly and reached into her grape-embroidered, beaded bag. Out she pulled a baggy with what appeared to be home made cough drops. "I have some! They're grape flavored!"
Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:52 pm

Alexis Castle
Daughter of Apollo
Alexis chuckled. It was an interesting saying, and the gestures that accompanied the words made it all the more charming, though Alexis wasn't sure why she had a picture of purple pony in her head after Brianna was done saying it. It was definitely a strange thing to think of so suddenly. She thought of bringing it up to the girl but quickly thought against it and continued. "I'll hold you to that," she replied with a smirk, though she wouldn't really. She had another like it, so if the girl did lose it, it wouldn't really matter so much, as long as she had something else to keep her warm. That was Alexis' only concern.

She nodded when they returned to the topic of running and climbing. "I guess that makes sense for normal climbing, but I meant like a... a vertical wall run. It's a move used in freerunning. I think sneakers offer a better grip for you to propel yourself up," she explained. "I think having claws would definitely help with climbing trees though," she chuckled.

Watching the girl take a pouch of grape flavored cough drops from her own bag, Alexis nodded. "Oh, good, that works," she chuckled, returning the two different bags she offered her back into the drawer she took them from. "Just take those for your sore throat and you should be fine."

|| Word Count: 230 || RP Partner: Vix ||
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 6:27 pm

"I promise I won't lose it! I only really lose my own stuff...." Brianna hummed as she popped one of the squares of grape-flavored throat relief into her mouth and let it start to melt. Swinging her legs off the side of the bed now that she was feeling well enough, she hummed. "Oh! Oh! You should come running with me when you're done helping sick people! It helps keep you warm!"

Thinking of vertical wall jumps. "That's true, but I don't like having my feet covered too much. It feels like they're trapped." She made a face. Obviously trapped feet was the most horrible torture to the hyper demi-god. That and no sugary confections...or grapes. Her eyes unfocused as her mind began to wander into the void that was her thought process.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That time of the year again -Blu-   That time of the year again -Blu- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That time of the year again -Blu-
Page 1 of 1