Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] Empty
PostSubject: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:22 pm

time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] Tumblr_m86ybxk1W41rrsltx
g e n e v i e v ellllm o r i nllll
d a u g h t e rllllo flllla p h r o d i t ellll

genevieve was simply looking for trouble and lately that was all she ever did. for a while she sort of sat around, not thinking much about anything besides the fact that everything her mother lived for was basically a lie to genevieve. She then resulted in figuring out on her own that living like that was pointless. Her decisions from then on out were never surely the best. She often caught herself up in stupid situations, ones easily avoided and possibly life threatening if you looked at it in ways and there was no care in the world for her. sure there was one solely pointless reason why she acted like this as time went on, but she chose not to think about it and simply went on to believe this was best while avoiding her problems. Her thought process was that she was becoming a better fighter by being stupidly reckless.

So like multiple nights before, Gen let herself wander through the camp's woods, a bow in her hand, looking for something to fight or somewhere to simply watch the sky change to dark. her old grey sneakers stepped cautiously through the woods, careful to avoid traps that might have been set previously by campers. Her long curly hair was pulled back in a thick, high ponytail, with not one strand loose so her entire face was visible. As she walked her colored eyes scanned the woods as the light of day began to fade and the orange hue the sun left on the woods darkened.

It wasn't long until she began to hear other movements through the brush other than her own. It could have been footsteps, but they might have been something else. Genevieve wasn't really an expect when it came to sounds, she was more of a visual sort of observer. she slowed before she acted with swift movements. it was odd how far her tactical skills have come since her first year at camp, because now she knew almost just how to move, now even more with a bow. In one movement she grabbed an arrow and lodged it into the bow while spinning in the direction of the sound all to find a figure in the dimming light and her arrow pointed straight for him.

with realization she sucked in a short gasp, but held her spot. she in no way was prepared for what came next.
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 7:38 pm

keller
Keller Kidd Harris didn't make a habit of walking out in the night anymore; he had used to do it quite a lot, but recently hoping to become a camp counselor meant that he had to shape up in his act. He didn't fight as much anymore, and he tried to help his siblings more. But after his father recently peaked once more in the limelight, Keller didn't spend much time here anymore. He was too busy living the rich life, and his father had given him his last mountain of money due to a brief feeling of regret. Keller didn't mind - he hated his father, but loved the money that came with him. He didn't have to see him, but was able to enjoy the perks of being a rich nineteen year old.
But, as the demigod walked through the night, he could only think about his future: what he was going to go on and do. Probably something related with architecture, because Keller had recently found a passion for that field of physics. He loved the idea of created buildings on a piece of paper and being able to project them in real life, and wanted nothing more than to do so. With his hands through his pickets of his jeans, his hoodie was keeping him warm despite the cold air.
A swirl of movement suddenly propelled him into action however, and he was suddenly faced with a loaded weapon before his eyes. Holding his hands up in a sudden surrender motion, he squinted into the dark as his brown eyes realized whom the girl was. "Shit! Eve?" he gasped, his stubbled jaw locking into place.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 11:48 pm

genevieve straightened, tensing her back after identifying Keller as the figure that threw his hands up in defense before her. There had been close to no light at this point, the moon faintly shone through the tall trees, giving her just enough visibility to make out the boy. her jaw released, mouth agape for a moment trying to gather words but for a few frightful seconds, nothing came out. She liked to think she was better with weird situations the more often she came by them, but in actuality, they hadn't improved and throwing an ex-boyfriend into the mix didn't necessarily help this time.

"Gods, Keller," she spoke lightly, any strength she had mustered only moments before failing to return to her throat alone. genevieve's eyes narrowed, scanning over him, trying not to be obvious in doing so. It took a moment for her to realize just what she was doing and once she did, genevieve stopped immediately, forcing herself to internally shake away the thoughts that brewed. and then she opened her mouth again, forcfully. "What are you doing? Out here, I mean." It was like she didn't have to explain herself and that he did with the tone she spoke with. that was simply her thought process though, and she didn't care what he thought of it.

Realizing her arms were still locked and holding up the bow, she began to lower them, pulling the arrow out of the string and lodging it back into place with the others. she didn't really plan to apologize, but her eyes returned to his, questioning, after her arms rested at her sides again.

Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 8:49 am

keller
There was a lot of history between Keller and the girl aiming the arrow at him, although he had barely seen her in the last two years. After leaving her to find his dad in Cali, their relationship had been officially deemed 'over', and he had decided to spend a lot of his money travelling. When he had returned last year, he had ran into her, but he didn't feel welcome and left once more, moving into the city over the last few months as he acquired more money. It was weird to think that this girl had meant so much to him so long ago, and he had barely seen her.
"what am i doing?!" keller exclaimed, letting his hand drop down and shaking his head, "am i not allowed to go for a walk? gods, gen, i'm not the one walking around trying to scare people half to death! what are you doing with that at this time?" he nodded towards the weapon, his golden brown eyes analyzing genevieve. she looked older - that was the only thing that keller could think of to describe her change, whereas he had changed quite a lot. he was much skinnier now: still muscular but not as much as he had been whilst with the girl. the stubble on his chin was verging to a small beard and he grew too lazy to shave most days.
but they had both moved on over the years, and had barely spoken to each-other. he had had one or two flings whilst living in the big city, but the nearly-twenty year old found he grew bored easily with his extreme add and he was bad with people; he talked a lot, and that maybe could annoy some, yet he didn't really care.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 1:36 pm

it had been maybe a year, almost to the day, since Genevieve had last seen him, but she had simply lost track of the months. it was crazy that she had thought whatever she had with this boy was meaningful when the end had come so abruptly, without warning or confirmation even. everything stopped. and Gen had deemed that as what had hurt the most. Seeing him again after another long absence was odd, but she wasn't handling it the way she had last time. she was stronger than that now, nothing was going to get to her.

Her question was stupid, she knew that, but coming up with a different response that quick wasn't so possible. she did expect him to start raising his voice though, it was something she remembered of him and how he handled things. He may be different in some ways, appearance and age, but otherwise she still detected the bits of the same keller from two years prior. when genvieve's eyes flicked to the bow at her side, she almost didn't want to answer, but came up with a response anyway, keeping her voice level and neutral in tone.

"It would be kinda stupid to venture out here without a weapon, if you were gonna ask me." she shrugged, shifting her weight and placing her free hand on her hip. "I'm sorry for being smart, not really my motive to scare people." she purposely avoided the time of night question. he would still have to answer that one himself, so she didn't think she avoided much. she didn't know what to think specifically of him though, not yet. her anger towards him was there, hating ever second he left her wondering what was even going on, but seeing him was odd almost, different, because he obviously was just that. like her, he changed, enough to be noticed, but enough to be similar just the same.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 4:39 pm

keller
Surrounded by trees and darkness, Keller found it hard to stand still in one place, sub-consciously fumbling around with his hands and leaning back against the nearest trunk, finally looking away from his ex-girlfriend and around. No one would be out here; creatures, perhaps, but not people. No one was stupid or brave enough to wander around at this time. Apart from Keller, whom seemed to be the stupid one due to his of weapons, and Genevieve, whom seemed to be the brave one. He would scoff at that if he said it, but he soon forgot the train of thought and moved on to another before he could verbalize it.
"I don't need a weapon: look at me." he flashed her a perfectly white smile (thanks to the whitening equipment he could afford to buy), and he didn't even realize that it was the first time he had smiled in her for at least a year. to think that they used to be everything to each-other and now were practically nothing confused him. Upset him a little, but he didn't hold onto that feeling.
but then keller did scoff, smirking unevenly, "'smart'? that's an usual thing for an aphrodite child to class themselves as, but okay." he was just full of wit today, wasn't he. he folded his arms, not being able to keep them close to his sides and shrugged further into the warmth of his hoodie. "are you on your way to meet a new lover in the woods? if so, don't let me stop you." a new thought came to him and he laughed, as ever not being able to stop the words throwing themselves from his mouth. "ha, maybe you've just met one boyfriend and you're on your way to meet another." a grumble of a laugh came out once more at his 'joke', shaking his head a little as his deep chuckle echoed through the quiet woods.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:24 pm

Keller never lost his sick sense of humor, did he? His comments took genevieve aback, and were entirely unexpected. she had forgotten what he was like and how his process of choosing words wasn't great at all. she disregarded whatever he said first; something about weapons that he accompanied with a smile that she tried to ignore. His next words were what stuck with her. Her confidence fell as she heard his words pang against her chest like a dodgeball making her forget any sort of self control she had been mustering up at those single moments.

after everything she had said to him, even years before, about the way she felt with godly parental stereotypes, he decides that's exactly what he will bring up and use against her as if he were trying to win something. Everything was always a competition, he had to one-up everyone else. Genevieve should have known that he would never spare any part of her when it came to his unchanging attitude and that no amount of history would change how he acted around her. It was almost enough to make her feel sick, not only because it was Keller saying these things, she wouldn't have reacted much differently if it were someone else. But because it was Keller, it may as well have hurt that much more.

The last part disgusted her. Questioning her intelligence made her angry enough, but him, assuming what her motives were in the woods that night, it was almost enough for her to pull up her arms and hit the boy upside the head with the thick wood of the bow in her hand. Maybe it hit her the hardest because she really hadn't been with anyone since she had been with Keller. It was by choice, of course. There was no point in trying else where, all boys were pigs. the entire human race was just a bunch of clustered assholes.

"You know what, Keller?" Genevieve breathed in heavily, almost laughing at him, but letting it come out as a heavy and short sigh. her voice steadily raised in volume. "If there is anyone who should be questioning the other's intelligence and dimwitted stupidity, I think it should be me because you're absolutely clueless for a kid of Athena if you haven't realized it already. What the hell did I do?"

Her strength was new. A year ago genevieve admitted that by this point in a conversation like the one she was having that moment, she would be in heavy tears. she had uneasily and disappointingly decided that the way she viewed him did not change and that he was still selfish and dozens of other things she had listed in her head for months. It had never been a list of things she wanted to fully accept, but some at least seemed true.

Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 6:03 pm

keller
Trying to read Genevieve's body language, Keller wondered if she was going through a wave of emotions; one moment she looked like she was about to hit him - which would've made him chuckle in memory of how she had tried to during arguments in the past yet his tall frame never wavered - and the next she looked as if she was going to walk away. The child of Athene felt a wave of nostalgia just being in this girl's presence, and it would've made him want to smile in the moment if it wasn't keller. he wouldn't do that.
but what keller did do was raise his bushy eyebrows at the offspring of aphrodite. he was the sarcastic one and she was the sensitive one, and that why they had either been great together or like poison to one another. usually poison, yet keller had loved it. when he had first left her, he usually thought about how he wanted to get back and see her and beg, yet after a while he tried not to think of her and when he was successful, someone would do something that would remind him of genevieve. it was corny as hell, but keller had thought it. he used to be corny as hell, but he had moved on a bit. now he was more of the child that he was, yet with traits of a near-twenty year old.
"sheesh, jen." he moved, grinning once more as he remembered how she hated the shortened-name. he used to try and drop it into the sentence or conversation when he could and see if she noticed, and when she did he would usually chuckle about it later on when he had left her. "it was a joke, babe, gods."
but then keller became confused. he thought he had noticed most things - which he was mistaken for because, despite his strong intelligence, he was too add-filled to be observant - but he hadn't clicked on the what she was talking about. "what? what haven't i realised?" the nineteen year old suddenly became on the defence. "i don't know, what the hell did you do? i'm sure you've done lot's of things, eve." he did it again; dropped another classless twist of words that would no doubt piss her off. he couldn't remember how much he could push her before she got pissed off and let out her emotions, although he was sure he was lost to the mark.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 1:36 pm

"Yeah well your jokes have never been too funny to me." Genevieve meant to be harsh, disregarding his tone and how he called her "Jen" and "babe" but even so flinching lightly at the way he said them. They were both statements he had said before, jokingly still, but a long time ago and not since they had been dating. It was weird, listening to the way he changed how he talked to her with every other comment. She wasn't too much better with her own words, but the way he did it seemed to piss her off that much more, sending herself over, farther and farther every time.

It was like every time she got him out of her head, every time she was able to finally stop relating everything back to him, Kaller just shows up again, out of the blue as if he were trying to torture her emotions and confuse her that much more. It was simply her outlook on the situation she has been in. Coping with him leaving wasn't easy, especially for someone who had believed so much in romance. This wasn't how things were supposed to play out when it came to love. Heartbreak is inevitable which simply means closing yourself from it can save you a lot of trouble.

Genevieve couldn't just walk away, she wasn't going to be a coward and not face her problems and the jerk she believes caused most of them. Her anger rose with every grin and word he displayed. How could he be like this when she was still so flustered? "I can't believe you!" she exclaimed and threw her hands up. "You're oblivious and impossible and insensitive." Everything was boiling over, she began to spill whatever has been locked inside for years. "If you really want to know, I've barely done anything that you'd think I'd do, you sick ass. I've trained, a lot, and worked hard." She took a couple of steps closer to the boy, not entirely sure why, but felt closing the far distance was needed to get her point to him. "What have you done? I'm wondering. Probably a whole bunch of shit that's pointless as always."

part of genevieve wanted to stop, but a larger part told her it was fine. whatever she said he deserved to hear, even if it only starts with name-calling.

Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 7:01 pm

keller
Genevieve was certainly on the defense now, and Keller was wrongly amused by it. It made him laugh once more, but this time the sound was more high-pitched and giggly, one of his rarer laughs. A part of him felt bad for doing this to his ex; he felt bad for tormenting her and he knew himself that she wasn't like that, but it was so easy to lose himself in the stereotype that was that he was falling into old habits. The part that did feel remorse was currently hidden beneath the jerk keller at this moment in time however, stopping him from choosing a different course for the conversation to take.
"that's not what you used to say when we were together." keller retorted to her first comment, folding his arms once more as if he was the one suddenly on the defense. He hated to bring that time up when she was like this, but it was true; she used to laugh at most of his jokes, although these ones were quite bitter and cruel to her.
When she moved closer to her however, keller started to shit himself a little as he remember to fierceness that this small girl could hold inside her. his hands went up once more in a surrender motion as he had only minutes before, yet he didn't back further into the tree. although he didn't want her to hit him, he still towered over her. "why thank you! that didn't hurt my feelings at all!" keller bit as genevieve listed all the things he apparently was, not really as hurt as he was making out but still not being able to stop himself. "how am i a sick ass?! i didn't actually think you did all those things! jesus, believe it or not, i do know you, morin, and it was a god damn joke?!" he rolled his eyes, shaking his head slightly and looking like a huge smart-ass. "oh, wow, yeah, obviously i have only been up to pointless shit because that's all i can achieve, right?!"
keller suddenly felt like the pissed off one, a scowl pressing into his tanned face.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Keller seemed like he was beginning to reflect her anger. She noticed right away that parts of him were getting pissed, especially by his facial expressions. over time it had gotten easier and easier to identify his certain emotions because he wasn't always necessarily an open book. some things however, she was able to pick out and she almost smiled by the way she was finally getting to him. Almost, but not at all. She was doing too well at this point to break. any change from what she was doing now might result in a falter and tears were not her friends right now.

She really almost laughed when he brought up the time when they were dating. It wasn't a time Genevieve made a point of remembering but of course because it was such a big part of her life and an emotional memory. The fact that he brought it up, as a defensive maneuver after what he did by getting up and leaving, well she didn't think it was going to give him points in this you could say. She didn't care if his feelings were hurt because he was hurting hers just as well.

"Do you, Keller? Do you really know me? Maybe you do but you obvious don't care about me. Joke or not, do you ever listen to yourself and what comes out of your mouth?" she really wanted to hit him, but the size difference between them would just amuse Keller even more. She remembered how often she would, jokingly or not, and usually nothing happened. Using a stick might help, but she wasn't going to go hunting for one in the middle of this. "How much really can change in two years, Keller? Got that? Two years. A long time it seems like but you seem just as immature as before."
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 6:52 pm

keller really was getting pissed, and almost to the same level he believed as genevieve. he had been the one to leave her, he supposed - because, him going cross country and not talking to her for months really wasn't the greatest break up - but he still had a lot of anger bottled up inside him because of everything he had been through with this girl. their relationship hadn't been easy, and it had taken a lot of work on both sides, yet he had obviously cracked. he sometimes wondered if he regretted cracking and not trying harder, but he tried not to dwell on the thought because he didn't want to know the outcome.
"yeah, i think i do. or at least, i did." he argued still, not sure whether he was going to win but not being able to stop himself. "i did know you, and i think i still do. i wasn't a bad boyfriend! at least, most of the time i wasn't." he allowed that, not wanting her to be able to retort back at him. "and how do a few jokes determine whether i care about you or not? am i not allowed to tell jokes now?!" he raised his eyebrows in a shocked manner, shaking his head once more, "i'm not saying i care about you, eve, but i could've just said a lot worse to you. keep that in mind, idiot."
the son of athena was lost in a blaze of frustration, pulling away from where he was leaning against the tree and started to walk away, throwing up his hands and brushing against the girl's shoulder briefly as he passed. however, with his short temper, keller couldn't find himself able to continue walking away and spun around, looking angrier as he glared at eve, his jaw locked.
"immature? immature! really? you couldn't think of more original things to call me? wow, you really haven't up'd your game in the lat two years, have you? you're still as shit at comebacks as you were all that time ago. but you tried." pulling a sarcastic face, keller started to slow clap for the girl, looking and sounding completely patronizing on purpose, "good going, aphrodite."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 7:23 pm

genevieve spun and gaped at Keller as he pushed right past her. she was surprised at the touch and her stomach lurched as he did. Her own surprise resulted in her expression but was also directed towards what he said as he passed. she decided on her own that it was from disgust but she really knew otherwise. It wasn't something she wanted to think about, but that slight brush of their shoulders was the first touch they had shared in years and she didn't expect anything like it to happen again. She thought he was going to walk away, but he didn't. Instead he turned back to her, saying even more. good the girl thought. She wasn't going to let him leave whatever this fight was first.

"you want to say worse to me?" She demanded, her fists were glenched and her grip on the bow in her hand tightened. She almost wanted to throw it to the side, storm away, get rid of anything unnecessary. "Say it. It can't be any worse than the shit you've already put me through. You basically are saying you don't care. and that's just fantastically, freaking fine." every word he said seemed to hurt. Every word she responded was just worse. her throat was tight from attempting to be strong in this. it burned, longing to let out a gasp to begin a sob but she refused to let that happen. Not anymore would she let that happen.

the daughter of aphrodite's eyes glared heavily sporting a dark almost black brown in the hardly lit woods. Not often were they very light anymore but anger must have brought on their darkness. she looked across the woods around them, scanned trying to avoid the boy's eyes, but she just simply came back to them every time. Genevieve, frustrated, ran a free hand through her hair, taking in a deep breath as she did so. he clapped, a weird sound in the woods like this and she just broke into full fury. "I can't believe you and I don't think I ever will. I wouldn't be trying to 'up my game' in how i yell at people because i do my best to steer clear from fights. you're impossible to deal with sometimes, you know? Maybe it should have been me to leave out of no where, no explanation, stranding you here alone so you could have wondered for months what you could have possibly done wrong to make me hate you so much to just leave and give up."

Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 7:43 pm

Keller grabbed fistfulls of his short dark hair in frustration, practically pulling on it hard enough the it had the potential to come out. he felt like a kettle that was about to boil and overflow, and keller always struggled with his anger. having the father he did din't help, but the son of athena was like a fuse that could blow at any moment. "No! are you stupid?!" he spat, his eyes sparking up like a madman for a moment and he was short for breath. "i'm trying to tell you that i do still care about you a little, shit-head! that's why, if i really wanted to hurt your feelings, i could do it a lot better than i am right now." keller was trying his best, but his best wasn't ever good enough.

the nineteen year old paced back and forth for a few moments before he answered genevieve's rant, and it would be obvious to anyone how he was trying to control his temper and he panted yet it seemed to be growing with every step. he hand started shaking as he shoved them in his pocket. after being away, he had tried to contain his anger issues, but it had never worked. if anything, he grew angrier quicker as he grew older, and it wasn't a surprise to punch the nearest person when he was like this.

but, the nearest person was genevieve and he really didn't want to do that. that's why he was trying to suppress his anger as much as he currently was: so he didn't end up throwing his fist at this girl that had meant so much to him years before. "maybe it should've been you then! why didn't you just go if i was so hard to deal with?!" keller yelled, not even being able to keep his voice low anymore within the night and losing most self control. he stopped pacing, and now it was his turn to move closer to the girl, towering over her and clenching his fists. he was still shaking from his anger, and the struggle was obvious. "i don't hate you and i didn't give up! i needed to do stuff for myself, is that so selfish? i  should've done it better, granted, but what was i meant to do?! and if you want to make me feel like that so bad, it's clear that you obviously despise me. so why are you still standing here talking to me, eve?! if you hate me that much, and i make you that sick, and i just remind you of the shit boyfriend i used to be, why are you still here?!"
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 1:27 am

Genevieve could tell that Keller was obviously ready to hit something or someone. she could see him shaking and she knew she wasn't doing much better. As he yelled and paced she dropped the bow from her hands and took small steps toward him every once in a while, attempting to butt in, cut off his yelling with her own instead, but finding no openings to do so. She listened though, she listened and wished she just couldn't. every word continued to hit yet another new nerve with excessive feeling. The insults panged against her chest threatening to knock loose the tears that wanted to freely fall and she shook her head at every thing he said, just to shake away the feelings that the words left.

Her mind remained on one thing though, what he said, about caring. caring about her maybe just a little bit. It was enough to set her mind thinking, rolling with just as much confusion as before. genevieve's lips pursed but before she could even think of anything to respond he went on to comment on how he left, bringing vague understandings up that she hadn't fully realized before. She glared up at him as he closed more space between them, yelling down to her as he towered over in the height difference.

"Because I want to figure things out!" She yelled, finally her voice matching his volume. "I've bantered myself with unanswered questions for the past two years, ones you never left answers for! I wanted to hate you, Keller, I did, but no matter how hard I tried i couldn't! I hated myself! It was your fault. You have no idea what its like to feel like you did something so awfully wrong that your boyfriend leaves without a word! And you want to know why I'm still standing here?!" She took a breath, looking to the side for the second, but returning her eyes straight back to Keller before responding in a softer tone."I'm still here because I don't want to admit to myself that you're no longer a part of my life."

and the tears finally came, silently rolling down her cheeks after being held inside for so long.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 1:40 pm

After Keller just got that all out - his mini rant, if you want to call it that - he just stood there in front of genevieve, panting and shaking and tense with anger. He wanted to flip out again, and felt like he was about to, but to do so even more than he had just done, and he was slightly scared to let go of the anger. Just in case. He had bad blood running through his veins when it came to staying calm, and his add was twice as bad as his father's. he didn't think he had ever hit a girl before, but he wanted that to never happen. Normally, anyway, but now he was so blinded with rage that he could barely keep a grip on it all.

But then Genevieve met his volume, and he realized how much he had actually hurt her. Because he had been away for so long, he had only been able to imagine it and, although they hadn't been nice thoughts, he didn't think that it had affected her as much as she said right now. He didn't think that she would still be that angry over it all. Slowly, whilst still shaking, Keller tried to push out all the anger inside of him and it was unwillingly replaced by guilt, his brown eyes softening a little and he winched every time genevieve raised her voice. And the the girl started to cry, and then Keller really didn't know what to do. Two years ago, he would've just hugged her until she stopped. A year ago, he probably would've just walked away. Now, he was stuck between both actions; he was still angry, but he felt bad and guilty and he didn't want this girl to cry.

He didn't speak for a good minute. Partially because he didn't know what to say, but also because he didn't want to yell and he needed time to calm himself further. He just watched Genevieve cry, every now and again looking away from her face to stare out at the distance above her head.  Finally, he cleared his throat, rubbing the short hairs on the back of his neck with one hand. "I shouldn't have done what I did." He finally admitted, frowning slightly and husky-voiced from the earlier shouting, "i shouldn't have left you without telling you why i had to, or i shouldn't have even left you at all. i don't know. i never wanted to make you feel that way. i loved you, eve, i never wanted to make you feel like that. i'm...sorry." he sighed then, looking torn, speaking quietly and impulsively reaching out to lay his hand on genevieve's shoulder. "just, gods, please jen, don't cry because of me. i am literally not worth it, i promise you i am not worth your tears. okay?"

ooc; sorry i didn't post earlier man, i had work and then went camping yesterday<3
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 pm

the tears silently rolled down genevieve's cheeks. it was a weird feeling and one she had tried for very long to avoid. her left hand shot to her face, fingers brushing the tears lightly, and droplets dotting her fingertips. Keller was silent just as she was, while she tried to keep the tears inside. she told herself over and over that she could cry into her pillow later, but now it was not okay. still, the tears fell, but not a sound escaped her as she gazed at the boy before her while he struggled to say anything for a long minute. In that time the girl thought highly of walking away, and she almost did. ready to turn and everything, Keller finally spoke and the words that left his mouth were not what she expected.

her eyes left him and settled on a spot on the ground, a thick patch of tall grass to his right as she crossed her arms. everything he said, seemingly to mean, was close to what she had been hoping for the past years. it wasnt happening the hundreds of ways she imagined, but he said it. His hand was resting on her shoulder. a casual gesture genevieve didn't know how to react to. his touch was surprising and the heat from his palm seemed to burn through her t-shirt.

loved was an odd word to hear utter from his lips. any form of the word had been lost from her vocabulary for months and she had never imagined him to even mention it if they ever talked again. to her, his care was gone and had been for a long time. obviously she was farther than beyond wrong. it was weird, but made her stomach churn just the same. she didn't know the meaning, but the daughter of Aphrodite twisted her body slightly for a moment to let his gentle touch fall from her shoulder. genevieve hardly had any other idea of what to do.

"I've told myself you're not worth it for a long time," she admitted. her tears were slowing gradually. "Inconsiderately, you didn't say a thing to me, or anyone I asked. If there were anyone I am crying for, it's myself, though. you don't understand what I put myself through." she was hardly making sense, but was trying to continue to stick up for herself. her guard still up. Agreeing she said, "You shouldn't have gone anywhere, done anything. you should have known how much this would hurt me. even after so long, what a sore subject this still is."

ooc: school has started. kill me. would have posted sooner but it has been a long couple of days ugh
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Keller could just stand there, his immensely tall frame feeling overwhelmed with awkwardness and guilt that it just breathed off his tanned body. You could see from his posture as it changed from tense to rigid that he was feeling a whirlwind of emotions. It was almost as if he felt God and Satan on each of his shoulders; one telling him to scream and shout and punch and kick and curse, and the other telling him to get on his knees and sob for forgiveness. He wasn't going to listen to either, but instead stay firmly in the middle. Keller Kidd Harris didn't have much self-control, but this he could be sure of.

If Keller could seem any more awkward, however, he managed it when Genevieve let his hand fall. It went to his side for a moment before his reached up to his hair, running a shakey hand through the dark hair and pulling the strands up into pace sub-consciously. She looked away from him and down, yet Keller's golden-brown eyes continue to stare at the top of her hair, a stray thought running through his mind as he quickly noticed how pretty it still was, yet he removed the thought quickly. It would not help him to drag up more past and feelings than they already had right now, and Keller didn't know if he was feeling so uneasy because of those past feelings or whether it was due to the situation. Perhaps both, but he managed to eradicate the emotions from his mind for a moment.

"I was a jerk." he simply said after she had had her turn, taking another minute to reply. Then he chuckled lightly, but it wasn't a happy chuckle. An ironic chuckle was probably the truest description of the sound. "I still am a jerk. I was really wrong. I realize that. You could do so much better than me, and I guess I didn't realize how bad you would've felt at the time because I thought you would've been able to meet someone much better than me, and someone that wouldn't have argued with you over every last detail of your life."

He didn't reply to her crying statement: he was glad that she wasn't crying for him, because he didn't deserve it and he didn't want to be the cause to this sadness, although naive Keller should've seen the real depth to the pain he caused her. He could see most of it, as he admitted, but he of course wasn't in her position and therefore couldn't fully understand. He lacked the amount of empathy.

"Look, Genevieve. I know you hate me." He simply murmured, wanting to meet her pretty eyes and trying to do so. He didn't speak like he was feeling sorry for himself; he spoke with truth about how he honestly thought and felt, not wanting, expecting or looking for any sympathy. "and i know i can't make it up to you. but i'm not going to let you stay here and cry on your own, and i'm not going to let you go back to your cabin alone, okay? so i'm going to walk you back now. is that alright? actually, i don't care if you disagree because i'm going to do it anyway. you don't have to talk to me if you don't want to. you can walk ahead of me if you want to. but the least i can do is make sure you get back safely."

ooc; oh damn bbs that sucks, i start weds but i just back from a family holiday so i am no where near mentally prepared for term to start
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 1:27 pm

you are a jerk.

genevieve wanted to scream at him, telling Keller how much of an inconsiderate person he was. Was he insane? probably. Why would she want to go anywhere with him? how could he go from screaming at her, insulting her, to 'I want to walk you back to the cabins to know your safe' in a matter of thirty seconds. Of all times to try and be considerate...

She wasn't upset, she consistently told herself that she wasn't crying. The tears stopped escaping her eyes as she focused on halting them. it, as always, was nothing to cry about, and she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction. genevieve refused to give him the idea that she was going to cry all the way back.

the daughter of Aphrodite didn't want to go back, though and nothing or anyone was going to make her do that. There were people there, her siblings that were suspicious and talkative. they would assume the worst, or the worst any kid from that cabin could get into. it was odd again, but the wave of anger was coming back again and she wasn't going to let it die out, but use it. "You think walking me back to the cabins will make up for anything? That's a great one! Alright Keller, you didn't figure anything out lately have you?" everything about her screamed, wanting to accept such an apology, but it had been so long, too long. She didn't know how to react anymore.

she smiled besides herself, laughing almost, her emotions making a full circle, just like their arguments always did. and then she dropped her crossed arms and met the boy in front of her's eyes, the ones that gazed right into hers just as much. Too long it had been since she'd seen them, but the girl didn't want to think about it. her anger boiled still, but was filled with confusion, more than ever. genevieve didn't quote understand what she was doing when she did it, or why.

genevieve started walking, away, past Keller and brushing her shoulder across his, almost making it a push but not being able to bring herself to do so. Her direction was completely opposite of the cabins and the rest of camp. Instead, it was deeper into the woods and an attempt to put ever more distance between herself and him. every part of her screamed at him, barely wanting to process what he had said prior, but she did and found he was wrong in more than just one way.

i don't hate you.

ooc: first days are fun. jk, but it's usually better than the rest of the year
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Keller felt like a kid once more; he felt as if he was back in his classroom during break at the age of eight, trying to be nice after punching one of his peers yet being yelled at by his teacher. he held his head down when Genevieve shouted at him, not filling in to his tall frame any longer. Genevieve was right, of course, yet no matter how much he was trying to be good, he couldn't help but stick up for himself. "I didn't think it would. Of course it wouldn't, Eve, I'm not stupid. I'm just being selfish, really, and I want to make sure your safe for my sake more than yours, because I'm probably not going to forgive myself if you go off upset and this time on night alone." He shrugged, biting on the inside of his cheek.

When the girl finally met his eyes, he let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. He didn't understand himself why he had left, because what they had had - despite the arguments - had been amazing. But, being away probably proved to himself how great they were, as every other girl he had met hadn't held the same spark as him. She was definitely the greatest thing he had ever had ever had in his life, yet he had always cared so much about money at the time that it could sometimes not seem like it. Although he was rich once more at the moment, he had tried not to squander all of his money. He still ah the same black Jaguar, and still had expensive clothes, yet he tried - and failed - to enjoy the nicer things in life.

"I've tried to figure things out." he simply murmured, his eyes staring intently into Genevieve's.

Groanin when she brushed past him, Keller stared at where she had been for a moment before turning around, shoving his hands in the pockets of his hoodie and having no other option than to take strides after her, keeping a few feet behind her yet on pursuit. "Genevieve Morin, you aren't getting rid of me!" Keller just called from a little behind her, moving further away from the cabins with the girl, "If we go back to the cabins now, you can get away from me, but walking further isn't going to do you any favors. I'll just keep talking to you, and you don't want that."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 10:13 pm

Genevieve had expected him to follow her, only she wished he hadn't. If he didn't follow her she could have roamed in peace, gotten her mind far away from him like she had done so many times before. She would have climbed a tree, or something, anything to provide the false feeling of seclusion and relaxation. But obviously, that night she wouldn't be getting that, and it all started with a startling swing of a bow. But without turning to even acknowledge Keller behind her, she trudged on, noticing the space her kept between them, and how it must have been carefully measured, not wanting to be too close and obviously smart enough to not be too far. Genevieve would have happily lost him in the brush, but it didn't seem likely.

"I was doing just fine in the dark tonight even before you came along, Keller Harris" the girl grumbled, her eyes darting across the woods in front of her. After those few moments they must have reached a decent depth into the woods and every single part of the daughter of Aphrodite fumed with conflicting emotions, but still, refused to even turn to side glance at Keller behind her. She was hardly able to find any words. What could she say at this point? She had said it all, it had felt like. She felt better about most of it, but the rest was weird and confusing, making her thoughts on the boy behind her jumbled.

Her steps were slowing as the ground began to slope upwards at an angle. Keller, still following her through seemingly closer, no doubt having no difficulty with the terrain. It was what annoyed her even further and the reason she had no hindsight of what she was doing or where she was walking. "gods--SHIT!"

Genevieve had never set off a trigger to a camper-set trap, but somehow she managed to do just that. It happened quickly, a click and a snap before the ground seemed to spring up and close around her in a dark, thickly woven net. Just when she thought it was at its worse, somehow Keller was caught up in the frenzy as well and she knew this by the force that tumbled him against her back. an odd noise escaped her lips that varied between a grunt and an exasperated gasp.

Before she could even realize it, she was squished, literally head over heels twisted and pressed against the boy she had been desperately trying to avoid in a net hanging from the trees some thirty feet above the ground.

ow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]   time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

time is taking its sweet time [my lovely wifey]
Page 1 of 1