Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

down to earth [ nico ]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

down to earth [ nico ] Empty
PostSubject: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:53 pm

but your faith in me was so clear,

There were days when I was just broken, There were nights when I was doubting myself. But you kept my heart from falling, It didn't matter how many times I got knocked on the floor, But you knew one day I would be standing tall. Just look at us now. Cause everything starts from something, But something would be nothing. Nothing if your heart didn't dream with me. Where would I be? if you didn't believe.

The sun was already starting to set in the west, the bottom fifth of it having already sunk beneath the surface of the waves, making the water start to glisten, the clouds turning a slight pink around the rim. Jacob often found himself up here at this time. Not caring about getting caught by Chiron or Mr. D or anyone. Many of his siblings also snuck out of the mess hall around this time, wanting to watch the night slowly appear before them. The night was their time, and Jake loved to watch it sneak upon them. There was nothing, in his opinion, more beautiful than the moon and the stars...apart from girls, of course. But that was completely irrelevant.
In his usual spot his sat; leaning against one of the outer-lining trees of the beach, his back against the wooden trunk. As his hazel eyes were fixed on the distance, he turned over a plectrum in his nimble fingers, finding it in the back pocket of his dark shorts. His ADHD made him do that; fiddle with things. It would be annoying, if he noticed himself doing it at the time.
There was little sound to be heard from around him, none of them making his head snap away from the horizon. That would just mess up his hair, with was already started to flatten down after a long and tiring day at camp, deflating from his messy brown spray at the front to just…flat and simple, stopping at his dark eyebrows. It was obvious that he had spent hardly any time on his appearance today, wearing a normal pair of shorts and button-up shirt. Oh, and not to forget his beloved purple Spura’s. To wear any other type of sneaker would just be treachery.
After a moment, Jacob let his head down to look at his hands, watching himself mess with the guitar pick. It was taking much to long for the sun to set, and Jake yearned for the darkness more than ever now. He didn’t know why, but he just felt strong during night. He felt at home; because camp was his home, and to think of that wretched place back in Canada as home was just disgusting. Jacob loved his country with all his heart, but not his father, or how he had been brought up. A frown played across the boy’s features, trying to unravel blurry memories and failing, yet again. There were things that didn’t add up, almost as if someone had come along and erased some of his memories. It wasn’t a nice feeling, but Jake would always feel weird when he tried to remember.
Ripping him from his thoughts was when he heard a sound from around him, not contrasting well with the usual silence. He didn’t move but tensed up slightly, a fist curling around the pick. He wouldn’t fight as that was completely against everything he stood for, but he was ready to run if needed. “Hello? Is anyone there?” He called into the quiet.

outfit; here • tag; nico<3 • words; 506 • muse; 'believe' by Justin<3

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:31 pm

down to earth [ nico ] Tumblr_m67uqhYkiB1rykyygo2_250down to earth [ nico ] Tumblr_m67uqhYkiB1rykyygo3_250
Adelaide Jenner ∞ -- aphrodite

Addie walked through her daze, having fit into the unusual schedule of yet another pretty girl with yet another dark secret. Dusk was one of her only chances to get out and stretch her stiff form without being questioned. She had leverage after curfew. One threat was all it took to remain unquestioned during her mandatory strolls. The Nyx children were some of the only night owls, and one of the overly curious girls had been freightened into silence after Addie had a small chat with her about not getting eaten by harpies. She wouldn't have been so cruel in most other situations, but the brunette had asked why Addie didn't talk to her siblings about her issues. The intelligence level of Nyxie had caught Addie off guard.

That had been 6 months ago. Ever since, the children of the night let Addie be, and she took advantage of the serenity that alone time brought. She didn't "hate people", and she didn't have "social issues", but if your dad abused you, and you were forced into silence for so long, that quiet time grew to be the only thing you can ever completely understand. So nightly, Addie sat on the beach and tried to forget. She reveled in the dark, often shivering, but never screaming. She didn't ever want to talk again.

Before Adelaide could sit down behind a rock, she was caught off guard by the distinct outline of a boy roughly her age. (but obviously slightly older and far superior in the muscles department.) Clumsily, Addie stumbled over over own too feet and crinkled thick grains of sad underneath her shoes before catching her balance and toppling towards the son of Nyx. If he hadn't acknowledged her presence, the coy daughter of Aphrodite would have hurried along. She wouldn't have met the gaze of his eyes, or freeze in her spot, or open her mouth to reply. But the boy had noticed her slip up, and it was too late too walk away.

See why Adelaide isn't the brightest kid? She could have ran away and been just fine. She'd never been much of a thinker. Addie acted on impulse, or didn't act at all, but the selfless part of her didn't want to leave Jacob freightened and alone. The beached had always been hypermonitored. Wasn't he aware?

"Y—Yes." Addie stepped into view and hunched her shoulders, standing like a kid caught doing something wrong. Her face was nearly emotionless, but there was a slash of fear visible in the way her eyes widened; the way she nibbled on her bottom lip; the way her breaths were rather uneven and just too loud. "Don't worry. It's just a girl."
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:11 am

There were days when I was just broken, There were nights when I was doubting myself. But you kept my heart from falling, It didn't matter how many times I got knocked on the floor, But you knew one day I would be standing tall. Just look at us now. Cause everything starts from something, But something would be nothing. Nothing if your heart didn't dream with me. Where would I be? if you didn't believe.

The son of Nyx got caught of the girl before she answered for herself, his eyes being able to see a lot even in the shadow cast by trees. When she stepped forward however, he got a better view of her, being able to actually take in her facial features. She was undoubtedly beautiful, which made Jacob relax at once, guessing that she was a daughter of Aphrodite or something like that. Jake couldn’t tense up at a girl; it was bad manners and, quite frankly, a waste of his time. If Jacob chose to fight a girl – which he wouldn’t in a million years – then he would definitely have the upper hand. But he didn’t like to think like that, so he shrugged his thoughts and feelings away.
Jacob stood up after a moment, letting his hands unclench and fall to his side. He raised his dark eyebrows at the girl’s stance and position, his gaze softening immediately and wondering why she seemed so…ashamed and fearful. He, not realising the action at first, took a step closer to her, stopping himself just in case he was the thing she was so scared of. Wait, that couldn’t be it. It was obvious to anyone that Jacob wouldn’t hurt a fly, considering that he had quite innocent features. At least, he didn’t think he looked like the type of guy one should fear and be wary towards. It was plain for everyone to see he was a lover; not a fighter, which also meant that sometimes he was easy prey.
Despite his better judgement, Jacob took another step closer to the girl, only a few feet separating them. He kept a single eyebrows cocked, his mouth twisting to the side as he thought. His let his eyes hover over the trees around them for a moment, checking there was no harpies or monsters or even any large Ares children. He could hardly look after himself when against them, let alone a girl. Then again, his ADHD and protective side would probably kick in if that was the case. It was freeze, fight or flight, wasn’t it? Jacob would most-likely stick around to throw a punch before grabbing the girl and running.
Letting his gaze return to the girl once more, he forced a small yet slightly worried smile to his full lips. “Hey, you know it’s dangerous to be out at night.” he stated, probably should taking his own advice, but it was common knowledge that his siblings and he were always out at dusk. They weren’t normally bothered. Not being able to hold himself back any long, Jacob let his voice call out after a moment, “I’m not going to hurt you, if that’s what you’re worried about.” The Canadian couldn’t stop a small chuckle ring out at that last sentence, not being able to take it seriously.

outfit; here • tag; nico<3 • words; 478 • muse; 'fairytale' by Justin&jaden<3

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:58 am

down to earth [ nico ] Tumblr_m67uqhYkiB1rykyygo2_250down to earth [ nico ] Tumblr_m67uqhYkiB1rykyygo3_250

Addie eyed Jacob skeptically as he took several steps toward her, but she remained rooted to the spot. She wasn't afraid of him, exactly, so why was she acting like a coward? The boy has reason to believe she was a frail little girl, especially by the way she was acting. They were alone. Adelaide didn't have to hide in a crowd, avoid eye contact, and duck under taller campers. She was visible, and under close watch.

"Do I pass you inspection?" Addie teased lightly, relaxing her posture and grinning at the boy. They both appeared wary of each other, but it was ridiculous. The son of Nyx—or perhaps someone rebellious like Hermes—could easily take her, unless there was something different about him. A satyr had said everyone at camp had something to hide. Had she encountered a certain demigod specimen?

As soon as the demigod offered a practically stunning smile, Addie relaxed, though the felt like something about the emotion on his face looked familiar. Pity? Worry? "Oh, gee, thanks for your concern, but I've been outside at night before." Addie had pushed out her words with a little more force than she intended, and instantly, she cringed. "I didn't mean that. Thanks. But I wouldn't venture too far into my story. That's not a can of worms you want to open." Proud of her logical reference, Adelaide smiled to herself.

She must have been showing her hesitation, because as soon as Jacob shouted reassurance, Addie discovered she was trembling. "Oh! It's . . . not you." Before she could consider the consequences of her impulsive actions, Adelaide took four brisk strides towards Jacob and held out her hand. "I'm just—it's cold outside." Addie felt heat rush to her face, and the tips of her ears burned bright red. This was embarrassment. After having done a nice job of hiding herself fom the public for so long, Addie hadn't realized how strange it felt to lie.

"And . . . you can never be too careful." The daughter of Aphrodite shrugged modestly, as if that explained everything, and slowly drew back her hand. In order for him to shake it, he would have to touch her, and it take more than two years of confidentiality before Addie embraced anyone that fully.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:56 am

Grinning immediately when the girl teased him, Jacob couldn’t help but be thankfully at both of their attempts to lighten the atmosphere between them both, hoping to do the same. His let his eyes quickly travel down the girl before back at her face, “Just about.” He teased back, kicking the toe of his high-top into the soft sand, some of the grains spraying a few inches forward but not close enough to the blond girl. Jacob was a pretty easy person to be around…when he wasn’t in one of his excessively hyper moods, which was almost all the time when around people he was comfortable with.
Jacob’s smile faltered slightly when the pretty girl almost snapped at him, about to explain that he was only being concerned for her, but she proceeded with apologising. Running his left hand over his soft brown hair, Jake dragged his short fingernails down the top, trying to flatten it down after the long day that had causing his spray to loose it’s original structure. “If you don’t want to me to ask about your life, I wont,” he shrugged, knowing what it was like to have people pester you to know things that you didn’t want to share. He wouldn’t exactly feel comfortable about blurting out about his abusive past, even if some of his was a daze. “Because my past wasn’t exactly a walk in the park either.” He admitted, not saying more than that to someone he had only just met. They didn’t even know each other’s names.
After a minute, believing himself to be staring, Jake let his hazel eyes drop for a small moment to his feet, only looking back up when she took quick steps towards him, explaining the real reason into why she was trembling. He looked down at himself, almost wishing that he was wearing a jacket or something so he could lend it to her. He had too much trust in people, so if she was lying to him, he was completely oblivious towards it. “Sorry, I don’t…” He trailed, trying to explain that he didn’t have any source of warmth that he could give to her. Well, except his arms, but that was a little forward, wasn’t it? He examined her blushing face, assuming that she was just…embarrassed to have to admit that she was indeed cold, or it was because of the lack of the heat. “I would offer you my jacket, if I had one.” He smiled sheepishly, moving his hand from his hair to rub the back of his neck.
Seeing her extended hand, Jacob put his own right hand out yet hers had been pulled back as he did so. His lips pressed into a straight line, processing the action along with her words, his mind quickly thinking of his own father. “No, you can’t.” He agreed, his eyes going glassy for a moment as he thought. He snapped out of it quickly, the corner of his mouth twitching up as his hand fell back to his side. “I’m Jacob, by the way. You are?” He asked, feeling the need to at least get them both into more comfortable conversation.

outfit; here • tag; nico<3 • words; 530 • muse; 'love on top' by beyonce

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Addie faked a disappointed sigh, trying to ignore the fact that she was being examined. This wasn't blending in. This was totally the opposite. This was . . . blending out. "Aww, shucks. I tried so hard this time, too!" Addie tossed some of her hair behind her shoulder and shrugged. "I'll clean up better next inspection." Addie was aware that there likely wouldn't be a next time, seeing as that required courage and determination, but it was okay to joke around.

Somehow the Nyx boy understood that she wasn't open for conversation, and she smiled thankfully. "You don't want to hear my story. My dad's alive, probably shouldn't be. That's all there is to it." Addie let herself ramble slightly, hoping she provided enough information to become overlooked. Bland. Where were her camouflage skills, and why weren't they kicking in? Jacob continued to let slip that he hadn't had it easy, and Addie let out a real sigh of relief. It sounded much more genuine than her previous forced exhale. "It's a good thing you wound up at camp. Everyone I talk to says it gets better, but I don't believe them. Two years hasn't fixed anything for me."

Addie furrowed her brow as the boy seemed to want to help her. She shook her head slowly, hardly moving it at all, and chuckled. "No worries. I wouldn't expect you to give me any clothing." Snorting, Adelaide let her eyes wonder to the ocean. It had gotten darker, but the sun was taking it's sweet time to set. The waves crashing onto the shore looked like walls of fire. "I feel warmer already." 'I feel safer already.' The myths about everyone being at camp to get away might not be completely false, seeing as the boy didn't look keen to talk about his own story.

Addie wished she could mouth thank you to Jacob for his understanding, but she held back. There was no use trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, and she didn't want to draw any more attention to the small action. "If you've learned from experience, I understand." Adelaide nodded to herself and stood up straighter. If he shared any slight similarities to her, then the boy would recognize Addie's words as familiar.

Jacob. That was easy enough to remember, in case the occasion ever arose where she needed someone to talk with, be that light chat or something meaningful. "Adelaide," she replied. Her face was cold and reserved, but before she could rethink her choice, she smiled. "Addie." Plopping down on the ground, Adelaide turned to the ocean and rested against the same tree Jacob had been using moments ago, before he was interrupted by her appearance. "Mind if I sit with you?" she asked, smirking up at Jacob. It was a little too late to be requesting permission. "There's hardly a point in us both being alone."
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:36 am

Jacob nodded in the first brief reply as to her past, finding that they at least had the daddy problems thing in common, even if hers was still alive. “Yeah, same pretty much, although mine is dead.” He shrugged, not really going into much more detail. There were plenty of campers that had one parent deceased, even if not in the same exact circumstances as he did. He nodded at her next statement, shrugging lightly as he let his mind wander. “Maybe for other people it does get better. I don’t think It’s been long enough to know yet…” He told her, honestly thinking this. Being abused all your life, falling in love with your missing adopted sister and knowing your father was dead somehow was a lot to get over, he supposed. “If you want it to get better though, I guess it will.” He added after a moment, not being able to help himself even if she didn’t want to hear it.
Letting both of his hands slip back into the pockets of his shorts, Jacob moved his foot over the sand lightly, trailing a line back and forth as the girl spoke. He smiled softly, looking back up at her for a small moment before back at the ground. It wasn’t as if he was shy or anything, but he thought he had been looking at her for too long. “Yeah, but just keep in mind that I would do it if I had a jacket. It makes me seem like a gentleman.” He laughed, not being able to help himself. He, honestly, was fine with the temperature. There was a cool breeze coming in, but for him it was fine. He would be better with a jacket of some sort, but he was a child of the night; the dusk’s lack of heat was natural to him. “Good.” He was glad she was warm, because he wouldn’t feel like such a jerk for not being able to give her something to make her warm.
Jacob nodded at Addie, finally taking the opportunity to look back at her. “Let’s just say that I had a lot of trust in people I shouldn’t have. Still do.” the story of his life, he bet. That didn’t stop him literally trusting everyone though, which was most likely going to result in his downfall, but he just couldn’t help it. If he got stuck in a dark alleyway at the dead of night, with two big beefy men with tattoos and beards and stuff, he would probably trust them. He’d run, of course, but only after receiving death threats from a person. He, despite everything that had happened to him, was too much of a positive person.
The son of Nyx returned the smile that Addie aimed at him, trying not to notice her cold expression before that. He assumed that she wasn’t big on meeting new people, and that she had been pretty closed up since entering camp. The little conversation that had already started was enough for him to see that, but he wouldn’t ask her about it if she didn’t want to. “Nice to meet you, Addie.” He grinned, watching the blond girl as she sat in his spot, only sitting down when she invited him to, sitting a few inches to the right of her. He leant back on his hands, also looking out in the direction of the water. “No, there isn’t really. Having company is always better than being alone, anyway.” He answered, truly thinking that.

outfit; here • tag; nico<3 • words; 589 • muse; 'be alright' by Justin<3
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Addie looked towards the ground and listened to Jacob. His dad was dead, and she couldn't decide whether he had it better or worse. That wasn't a normal occurrence. Usually when you found out someone's father had passed, you offer up your apologies, but that couldn't be the right response, so Addie kept quiet and nodded along.

"How long have you been here?" Addie asked, tapping her chin. "I mean, is it any different for you?" She shook her head and sighed loudly, wanting to be done with her difficult questions. This was the most she had talked about her situation to anyone, and it was getting to be enough. "Okay, let's talk about something else."

Addie chuckled and waved away Jacob's words. "I believe you," she assured him, laughing again. It was nice to be in the company of someone so willing to make a good impression, or possibly Jacob was someone who wanted to get across how nice he was. Either way, Addie was happy. "Yup. Good." Adelaide awkwardly attempted to keep up her cold-gone-warm act, but the lie was harder to keep up when Jacob was nice about it. She came off as socially deprived as she tried to end that conversation as well.

Addie bit her lip when hearing about trust. That was something she had very little of. "I had love for people that didn't deserve it, but now I hardly care for anyone," the daughter of Aphrodite admitted, uncomfortably fiddling with her thumbs. "It's okay to trust some people. I won't turn around and hurt you tomorrow." Addie smiled, but it was small. She merely turned up the corners of her mouth.

'Nice to meet you.' Huh. Maybe she had been behaving somewhat pleasantly, or maybe Addie had found someone trustworthy and kind at the still foreign camp. "Oh, thanks. You too." Addie's eyes followed Jacob as he sat next to her, and her heart stopped for a split second. The closeness was unavoidable. Her breath caught in her throat, but soon, she reminded herself that Jacob wasn't her father, and her father was the only person who had ever touched her. He was fine. It was fine. "I don't usually have company. I do a pretty good job of avoiding interaction. You must be special." Adelaide nudged Jacob, and the second her arm made contact with his, she shivered, although overall she did a good job of dealing with the contact. She giggled hysterically to herself before taking a deep breath and forcing a more believable laugh.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Jacob raised his eyebrows as Addie started with her first questions, barely getting his first answer in before the second was asked. “about a year-“ He answered, being interrupted. He didn’t really mind being interrupted, seeing as he knew he could chat quite a lot at some times. He guessed that it was just as well, considering he would probably let his mouth run away with himself if she hadn’t spoke above him. Then, as he was about to speak again, she told him to forget about it, which made him frown, slightly amused by what seemed to be internal battle of curiosity and control. Jacob was quite relived that she had decided to leave it, seeing as he wasn’t even sure of anything about his past anymore. “Okay.” He nodded.
Grinning, Jake laughed as Addie said she believed him, making him feel good. Even if he couldn’t do something for someone, he still wanted them to know that the gesture was still there and enforced. It’s the thought that counts, right? “Yeah, good.” He added with a laugh slightly after Addie did, his voice not sounding as awkward as hers did. Jacob wasn’t really one for feeling awkward, and he was trying to make Addie feel comfortable as well. He guessed that he might not have been the best of company, for whatever reason, but he still tried. He would do the same for anyone. He was definitely the social person.
Looking over to the blonde girl as she spoke, Jacob bit his lip as he tried to think about her words, wanting to offer the best thing to say. Not knowing what he should say in this situation, he at least wanted her to know that he could relate in some sense, even if he hadn’t actually loved his own father. “That sucks.” He said plainly, not being able to stop the words from escaping. “But you still have to care for people. There are plenty of people here that you care about, I’m sure.” There were so many people here; it had to be true. Especially with all the siblings she must have had. He didn’t even know what cabin she belonged to, though he guessed Aphrodite. He smiled at her. “Thanks.
It didn’t really surprise Jacob that Addie avoided interaction, seeing as she did seemed pretty…reserved and inexperienced to him. It didn’t matter to him; it just made him know that he had to tread carefully. He had to be careful what he said to her, just in case he went too far. Jacob, even with people he had only just met, didn’t like making people upset. He would rather be upset himself than that. Perhaps that’s why he was forever being taken advantage of. “I guess I am special.” He chuckled, feeling the girl nudge his arm and turning his head in her direction, laughing with her even if her own giggles seemed a little uncomfortable at first. If anything, this just made his expression soften even more. “I have been told that I am a certain charm.” He added, trying to continue with the atmosphere between them both. “And you’re not too bad yourself.” He teased, his golden-brown eyes glowing.

outfit; here • tag; nico<3 • words; 533 • muse; 'a team' by ed sheeran
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 am

Addie decided shortly after letting the words leave her mouth that she sounded like an insincere ass, but she couldn't bring herself to apologize. She was just grateful that Jacob had been cooperative, and if he was curious, he didn't let on. "Thanks," she whispered, taking up an interest in the threading of her shirt. Maybe she would eventually tell Jacob something more, not her whole story, but enough to explain her reason for acting so secluded. The thought gave her some hope instantly.

Addie's eyes floated back up to Jacob. They looked lost, weak, amused. "I can guarantee you that there aren't." Adelaide wasn't social, which was uncommon of an Aphrodite girl, but understandable given her circumstances. "I don't do this whole conversation thing very often. Just ask my sisters, the other Aphrodite girls. I'm putting my family to shame." The blonde snorted and wrinkled her nose playfully. "Like any other girl not cut out for this."

Addie's voice dulled upon hearing Jacob laugh with her. It was pleasant to hear both of their voices mesh—the two different laughs—and it as a sound unfamiliar to her. Addie didn't usually giggle, or chuckle, or crow, or chortle, or . . . She didn't feel much happiness worth expressing. "Sure, sure." Addie joked, before blushing and looking back into the sunset. "You don't mean that," she stated firmly, still blushing a deep red. "Still, it's sweet, but you're kidding yourself."

Addie slid her legs out in front of her and allowed a small smile to soften her eyes. "If you could see me the way I am . . ." Adelaide shook her head and let out a breathy sigh. What would anyone think of her if they knew? She wasn't innocent, or plain, or strong. She was fragile, and helplessly deconstructed. She would never be normal, and she had plenty of emotional and physical scars. She wasn't really pretty. Not under a bright, revealing, light.

but at night you'll live it all again
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:55 am

Jake watched Addie as she turned sad yet amused at their conversation, finding it strange that this girl would claim that she cared for no one. There had to be someone that she cared about; it was completely against human nature to ignore everyone else and show no compassion. Jacob just couldn’t imagine him ever in that position, considering he had so much love for most at camp. “Come on, surely there is someone here…” He trailed, his voice raising to too high a level as he tried to get out his disbelief. He lowered it again, reminding himself that they were indeed out at night, even if he had never been in trouble for it. He didn’t smile at himself when she confirmed his guess of her heritage, even if he did feel a little proud of himself. “Well, for someone who claims not to do it often, you’re not bad. I mean, I’m still here talking to you, aren’t I?” He offered. “And I’m sure you’re not. It’s good to be different.”
Jake crossed his legs before him, resting his elbows on his thighs and running his fingers through the sand like rakes, watching as the millions of grains slipped through the gaps and moulded perfectly back in with the rest of the sand. He almost wished people could do that; fit in like they had never left. He shook his head incredulously, not understanding the girl besides him. “Why would I lie?” He asked her plainly, not having a reason to do it to anyone, let alone her. He didn’t like to lie, and he liked people lying to him even less. He watched her blush, which brought a little satisfaction to him, forcing a smile to appear on his lips once more. “I’m being serious! I swear.” he protested defensively, his voice getting a little too excited yet again and picking up height and speed.
Rolling his eyes slightly, Jake shook his head once more, letting his eyes move back towards the sand at his fingertips, finding it a good distraction. He didn’t really know what to say in reply to her last statement, knowing what it felt like to hide yourself, even if he did it no longer. Despite this curiosity and wanting to give the best advice, Jake couldn’t help but say the first thing that was on his mind. “Then don’t let me see how you really are, if you’re scared.” He knew it went against everything that others said about being yourself, but Jacob had been there, and he wasn’t sure he had wanted people to know about being in love with his sister and beat.

outfit; here • tag; nico<3 • words; 444 • muse; 'swim good' by frank ocean
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Addie brushed a strand of hair out of her face and moaned. "I'm sorry, there's really no one." She didn't mean for an actual apology, but that was what came out. "But your concern is very much appriciated." Addie sat still, looking straight up into the darkness and following the skyline until her eyes found the yellow light. This was pretty much all she did every night. Remembering the apple she had stolen from the dinner table, Addie fished it out of her bag and took a bite. "Maybe you just don't know you're lying." The daughter of Aphrodite crunched into her apple and raised an eyebrow at Jacob, then began laughing at his defensive tone. "It's okay, Jake. Maybe someone else would believe that story." Addie frowned at Jacob and let her apple roll across her palm, but she was still giggling. "I'm not scared," she muttered, taking another bite of the fruit. "Don't you mind being lied to?" She was getting carried away, she needed to clear her head. She needed to stop inching towards letting something slip purposefully. Addie needed to get rid of the nervous edge in her voice. "I usually don't, just because I can understand secrets." Before she could express any emotion, Addie fished a water bottle out of the same bag and took a swig of it.

Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:23 pm

The air had already started to get slightly colder during Adelaide and his conversation, a relatively cool breeze of air brushing against his face, ruffling his hair somewhat and forcing a blush to his cheeks. He didn't mind it; why should he? He would rather be sitting outside in the freezing just to watch the dawn of another night, than sitting inside like all the other cabins were probably doing. Right before his eyes, half of the sun had submurged beneath the waves, the time had dissapeared right under his nose. "Jacob" He corrected upon being called Jake, smiling all the same. It was an extra syllable; were people really that lazy?
Rubbing his palms over the fabric of his shorts, Jacob found it sad that Addie was so sure that she cared for no one. He turned his head to watch her take a bite into the piece of fruit, his own stomach growling in response. He hadn't eaten for a good few hours and had skipped out lunch because he just...hadn't been hungry back then. He would probably feed himself come the morning. "You are scared." Jacob stated, shrugging once more. No matter how much she dissagreed with him, it was still true. "Of course I mind you lying to me. But if you aren't scared of what I would think, then what is the point in lying?" Checkmate. She would have to either explain about the 'real' side of her or why she was scared.
Hearing her take yet another item from her bag, Jake held his hand out in front of her, fingers extended. "Can I have some? Please?" He asked nicely, really quite thirsty.

outfit; here • tag; nico<3 • words; not enough • muse; 'gonzoes' by Jaden<3
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Addie flashed Jacob a confused look and snorted. "Alright, no Jake's. Got it." You shouldn't expect Addie to remember this, seeing she doesn't often remember details. She's a bigger picture type person, hardly ever concerning herself with the small stuff. This is somewhat of a habit of hers, always forgetting something. It's partially due to impulsiveness, partially forgetfulness, and majorly because of her surprising lack of smarts. For someone as swift as Addie, you tend to expect witts as well. Don't make the mistake of believing this is the case for Adelaide, or you might wind up disappointed with what you get.

Addie selfconciously looked down at her apple, before smiling towards Jacob's growling stomach. Instead of taking the polite approach and offering something, she set her food back in her bag and reclined against the tree once more. "Maybe I am scared. It must be you; I mean, you're so very intimidating!" Addie laughed at her own sarcastic joke before reaching for her apple once more. She didn't have much self control when it came to eating. She also wasn't afraid of people, she was afraid of emotions. After living with Carter, Addie convinced herself that he was the worst, even though it wasn't true, and began to fear reaction, action, speech, stupid things usually. Getting broken became one of them, once she decided she could crumble, so she typically wouldn't tell anyone anything.

Jacob changed her mind. His words pushed her to prove him wrong, to step up and deny being a cowardly lion. "I'm not scared of anyone," she boasted proudly, jutting out her chin and smiling smugly. Her bravery faltered as she opened her mouth once more, before closing it, and wiping away her fake grin. "I used to be, though. My dad—he . . ." Addie cut herself off and burried her face in her sleeve, trying to clear her head. Why would she tell Jacob that her dad abused her, crushed her, touched her? What good did it do either of them, to have it weigh them both down?

Addie could think of a couple of things that would benefit her, so instead of stopping to pin them against the negatives, and how it would change for Jacob, she handed the boy her water bottle and looked over at him. Her face was sincere and twisted into a desperate, brooding frown. "My dad? Let's call him Carter. Ever since he was fired when I was young . . . he abused me, did things, and, I . . . I never said anything." Addie looked away from Jacob, finding it nearly impossible to picture him sitting next to her. She wasn't going to cry, but her words were choppy and forced.

"It got bad, I got scared, and I left. But I'm not scared now." Addie wrapped her arms around herself, trying to keep it together. 'He's going to find me, now. For telling someone. He's going to wring my neck,' Adelaide thought to herself, blinking back emotion. If anything, she looked ill.

Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:45 am

The seventeen year old licked his lips whilst looking out at the water once more, the corners of his mouth twitching up slightly when Addie corrected herself. He was called Jake a lot, and he had no doubt that she would probably end up calling him it anyway like everyone else, but he at least wanted to start getting people to call him Jacob. He didn’t like the name Jake, even if everyone he knew called him it anyway. He just got bored of correcting people after a while, keeping his head low, shutting up and letting them do as they pleased. If he had been someone else, he would’ve probably chosen to say Jake instead, so he could say where they were coming from. Jake was a lot more modern, and a lot more childish in his point of view.
Rolling his eyes at her sarcasm, Jacob couldn’t help but laugh lightly also, knowing that he wasn’t the scariest and most intimidating person in the world. Perhaps older teenagers like he shouldn’t be proud of this fact, but he was. He wanted to be the type of person that people could trust and get close to, not the type of person that swore at people and pushed the weaker around. Don’t get him wrong; he cussed quite a lot, but he didn’t really like to do it in front of younger people; not wanting to set a bad example. He was pretty old-fashioned in more ways than one. He didn’t know whether this was a good thing or not, seeing as it was ‘fashionable’ for boys to be jerks and cruel nowadays. “Yeah yeah, whatever.” Jacob smirked, letting his gaze wander to Addie again before back ahead of him. “Maybe I can be intimidating if I wanted to be.” He reasoned, trying to stop himself from laughing at that lie. He doubted he could be scary if he even attempted to be.
Cocking a single eyebrow at Addie, he bit the inside of his cheek as he thought about her words. “Everyone is scared of someone.” He told her quietly, knowing that it had to be true; it completely went against everything that made you normal to be fearless of others. Jacob was scared of plenty; his father, the Ares children, Lindsey Lohan. He was scared of a lot, and wouldn’t hold back when choosing to tell others about this. Fear was what drove a person forward. If they weren’t scared, they would just stay in the same place in life; never moving.
Reaching forward to tie up the lace on his Supra sneakers, Jacob almost felt as if his ears were twitching up when Addie continued to reveal more about herself, acting as if he wasn’t completely curious about her past, even if he was. He focused on what he was doing, even when she mentioned her father. It couldn’t be any worse than his past, could it? Smoothing down the two straps over the laces when finished, Jake leaned back and turned his head to face his new friend again, seeing her look…well, scared. More scared than he had ever seen her before this point, even if she had been pretty fearful before this point. He almost told Addie not to say anything, but she looked as if she needed to get it off her chest. By what she had previously told Jacob before about never really socialising, he didn’t want to stop her. He couldn’t remember ever having told anyone about what happened to him, but he was good at moving on. He was good at smiling.
Taking the water bottle hesitantly from her hand, he brought it to his lips after a moment of watching her, taking a brief mouthful before drilling it back into the sand, staying upright. His eyes widened at the large moment of déjà vu, listening to what she had to say and accessing her reaction as the words flowed out from Addie’s mouth and mind, understanding how hard this must be for her. He didn’t know whether to give her advice, comfort her, or just talk to her, so he decided to let her finish pouring her heart out, wanting her to feel better. He would do the same with anyone.
Still watching the blond girl even after she had turned her head away from him, he watched as she wrapped her arms around herself, his…overall attitude and instincts kicking in and choosing to try and comfort her. He shuffled over on the sand slightly, putting an arm around her hesitantly and pulling her into his side. After a minute of thinking, Jake finally spoke, his voice quiet and almost a whisper. “My dad used to hit me as well,” He told her; wanting her to realise that she wasn’t the only one that had had it hard from one of her parents. He proceeded in telling her more, not knowing whether it was wise or not. He had only just met Addie, but if she had chose to let him in on something that was so important and secretive to her, he would do the same for her; wanting her to be comfortable and safe. “He used to hit me and Lucy, my…uh…adopted sister, since we were little. He was a drunk.” He revealed, speaking slowly and swallowing the lump in his throat between sentences. “But you’re okay now. He’s not here, Addie. It’s safe here; he can’t hurt you. I won’t let him hurt you, okay?” he reassured, unsure of what he was promising yet doing it anyway, just because…he was that type of person.

outfit; here • tag; nico<3 • words; 933 hell yeah • muse; 'one love ' by Justin<3

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:08 am

Hearing Jacob laugh again caused Addie to look over at him. Taking note of his brown, styled hair, and just as brown eyes, she looked back into the waves. She wanted a mental picture of the boy, in case she ever needed something pleasant to think about. Jacob could be a good distraction, especially if he was laughing. Addie wasn't used to laughter, in case you couldn't tell, and to her, it was something special; used only when in good company. It wasn't as fleeting as it was to most people. She'd never found much funny, either.

Addie could feel his eyes on her briefly, and swelled at the attention. "You're just cranky because you don't have any food," Addie teased before reaching into her bag, that's primary purpose consisted of holding a phone, and hiding the food that she stole. Adelaide pulled out a roll and held it out for Jacob. "Here, you can have this." Was she really sharing? Sharing food? What if she didn't have food tomorrow? When she had lived with Carter their pantry had contained crackers, ketchup, and macaroni and cheese if she was lucky. There had been milk and wine in the refrigerator, and those were her only breakfast, lunch, and dinner options. She had grown too skinny from skipping too many meals. Now? She didn't take any of the snacks for granted, and made sure that if she was missing dinner, she at least had something in her food bag.

Jacob's embrace startled Addie, and at his touch, she stiffened immediately. With the emotions that pertained to her father still fresh in her mind, any contact seemed dangerous. It had taken immense concentration not to flinch away. "My dad used to hit me as well." Addie managed not to gasp, but let her right hand wrap around Jacob's waist slowly. She ended up resting her hand on his hip. She didn't say anything to the statement, unsure if this was for his benefit or hers. If she spoke, her voice surely would have craked or broken, and she didn't want to offer up any support. Comfort was better, the closeness was more filling.

Addie was ready to pull away when she noticed Jacob began speaking again. Was he really telling her more? Was there more to say? Instead of letting go, she tightened her grip slightly, pressing herself into the near stranger's side. Somewhere along the course of the night, he must have turned into something of a friend, someone who could be trusted, because you didn't just tell your story to a stranger. Jacob looked nearly as uncomfortable as Addie, so she let him finished before finally speaking up. "Lucy's a pretty name," she whispered wistfully. His sister must have understood, too, what it was like for Addie. Maybe she had it worse. "My dad liked to drink. He used to be a bartender." How had she overlooked the possibity of Carter being a drunk? It was yet another reason to pity the man who bought nothing but pain. Addie was over pity by now.

Jacob's words caught her off guard, and she struggled to catch his gaze in the approaching darkness. By now, the sun had almsot set completely, and it was much harder for the daughter of Aphrodite to see. "He could find me. He's always been able to in the past. And I've never been able to find him." Addie felt weaker than usual. How this was possible, she wasn't sure, but she felt judged. Jacob wouldn't judge her, he had been willing to hug her, but it wasn't a feeling she could shake. "Why?" she blurted before stopping to think. "No—I mean—why?" She was whispering, letting out hardly any sound. Pushing her face closer to Jacob's, she looked into his eyes. "I'm just another kid. But you'll make that kind of promise?" Addie was rattled, and forced to rethink most of the evening. "Are you safe, too?"

How could she return his protection? Adelaide wasn't strong or fearless. She was one of many little girls with daddy problems. And, for the first time, she was getting attention, some sort of light. Inching her face closer to Jacob's, Addie closed her eyes. "I don't know what I can do for you." Remembering her hand, Addie squeased Jacob lightly and sighed.

Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:53 am

Throwing a sweet and wide smile in her direction when being offered the food, Jacob could only deny that he was being cranky, not believing it himself. “I am not cranky.” He protested, grinning when realising that he did indeed come off sounding cranky. He took the bread roll from Addie, pulling it in half and taking a small bite, looking away as he jaw started to grind his way through it. After a moment, forgetting his manners, Jake mumbled a quick, “Thanks.” He then continued to eat; honestly glad that he was able to tame his violently persistent stomach. He probably would’ve been able to go without it, but he was glad the had been given something, his stomach starting to annoy him with the lack of things to digest stored inside. He didn’t think anything of Addie’s generous offer, taking another bite as he looked out to sea.
Feeling Addie freeze lightly beneath the hug, Jacob wondered if he had done the wrong thing for a second before she returned the embrace, which made him pull her even closer to him as if his arms were going to protect this newly met defenceless girl. Jacob felt sorry for her, immensely so, but he doubted he would ever physically be able to fight someone for her, especially this father, who she claimed to be…well, who was scary. Then again, he had bit the bullet and tried to fight his own insane father when it had come down to it, even if he couldn’t remember it. He felt the urge to kiss her forehead comfortingly, knowing that it had calmed down Lucy in the past. He had done this many times before; the comforting and soothing talk, but not with anyone but Lucy. He had been extremely protective of her, like anyone else he got close to.
The hairs on the back of his neck seeming to stand up when Lucy’s name was mentioned, he bit his lip lightly, his eyes dropping for a slight and quick moment. “Yes, it is.” He agreed, not wanting to say anything more than that. He nodded somewhat when Addie revealed that her father was also a drunk, knowing that he would be thinking about the number of coincidences between them later when lying in his bed, searching and failing to find sleep. With anyone else, it would probably seem as he and Addie were competing to see who had the worse father, but they weren’t. Jacob was trying to show her that she could trust him; that he could relate to her and what she had been through.
Not noticing at first how quickly the remaining sunlight had slipped away, Jacob kept his eyes on Addie’s, finding it as easy for him to see and make out details as it had been during the day. The only difference was now though was that he had more energy. It was quite hard for him to sleep in the night, seeing as he felt as if he had only just consumed about twenty litres of Red Bull. “He won’t find you here. Camp is a safe place. He can’t find you here.” He reassured in a whisper, closing his eyes. He did truly believe that, because camp was a safe place; a safe place from all the things that had got you down in your past. Normal humans wouldn’t get in, so there was no way Addie’s father would be able to get in. She had to know that. She probably did, but she was still scared he couldn’t blame her really, seeing as he was still scared; scared of the dad that was dead.
Not understanding the girl’s question at first, Jake’s forehead creased up into a frown beneath his hair as he took the opportunity to think, not knowing why it was so hard for people to understand why he was so willing to help them and their problems. It was who he was, and he thought that everyone should be there for others. “because everyone should be cared for, and care for somebody.” He told her, remembering what they had talked about minutes before, smiling lightly at her as their faces got closer. “you’re not just another kid. You’re like Lucy.” He revealed, not knowing what reminded him of her, but Addie just did. Not just in appearance, but in spirit and attitude. “Yes, I’d make that kind of promise, because I mean it.” He didn’t answer her next question, not knowing if he was safe or not, but wanting her to feel it all the same.
Opening his eyes finally, Jake’s eyes hovered over Addie’s face, finding that her eyes had closed and the proximity between them both was hardly anything, able to feel her breath tickle against his skin. “I don’t need anything from you. My services are free.” He attempted a joke to lighten the atmosphere, unable to fight the feeling any longer and pressing his lips against her forehead, resting his cheek against the top of her head when forcing himself to pull away, closing his eyes again.

outfit; here • tag; nico<3 • words; 850 • muse; 'before the worst' by the script
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Addie watched Jacob bite into his roll and sighed. "I must have just been imagining that attitude, then, huh?" she provoked playfully, deciding that a nicer tone might be the more appriopriate choice. "Don't worry about it. It'll get your stomach to shut up, and that's all the thank you I need." Addie grinned and picked up her apple again, finally eating down to the core and tossing it back into her bag. She'd never needed much food, so the fruit would easily tie her over until breakfast.

Addie didn't hesitate to let Jacob pull her in closer, though the gentleness was a bit foreign. Carter had always grabbed what he wanted. He left marks, and sent surges of stinging pain up her arms. Jacob didn't do this, and Addie felt for a few fleeting seconds why some touches felt positive. She had always wondered before why couples hugged and kissed and held hands in public, because looking at them had brought back powerfully traumatizing memories, but just the simple gesture had allowed Adelaide to see a different side of the spectrum. This warmth didn't last, but Addie didn't dare pull away. It somehow made her feel like things could change. Not easily, but it seemed like there was a new possibility. A spark.

The daughter of Aphrodite almost instantly regretted bringing up Jacob's sister as he replied curtly. "You don't have to—sorry." Addie was curious to know what happened to Lucy, but she didn't dare allow herself to ask, knowing that she would owe the boy an explanation of her own. But, it wasn't that simple. She would be opening another part of someone, and bringing pain to a person who understood. She had to keep him happy, as he had been before. "I'll listen, if you ever want to be listened to." She wasn't going to make him talk, she wasn't even going to initiate it, but she would be interested in hearing what it was like for someone else.

Addie shut her eyes and took a deep breath, nodding along to Jacob's reassurance. "I can't stay here forever. I have too much time to think of the future, I guess, but I've always imagined leaving . . . eventually." Addie slipped her left arm around Jacob as well, grasping onto him in a closer embrace. "Of course, by that time, he could have gotten to some other little girl. It could be my fault." Like most children, Addie had pictured her dad moving on, but it didn't fill her with jealously, it broke her. She would be to blame for more kids finding their way to Carter, because she had never spoken up, she had ran. Three calming breaths. She just needed to take three breaths. If she didn't relax, she would start crying, and that wasn't something she had ever done in front of anyone, even Carter. It was her strength. "Jacob? How is someone supposed to bounce back? After they're stripped of innocence?" Addie's voice trembled, remembering how little of herself she had left. Life wasn't fair, someone shouldn't get to take away everything with just one decision.

Addie furrowed her cheek into Jacob's shoulder, listening to him speak as if the things he was saying were facts. "Oh," she mused, before rembering exactly how stupid it was of her to say that. "Like Lucy?" she repeated, a small smile fighting her pain. How it must sting for Jacob to talk about his sister . . . It seemed to be hard for him before. "Tha—Gods . . . Thank you?" What did Jacob want in return, for such a promise? What could compare?

He answered her question soon enough, which sped up Adelaide's heart rate. She felt the closeness, then there was nothing. Again, Addie found it hard not to pull away, but even her instincts told her that Jacob's lips felt nice. She smiled to herself, then opened her eyes. Her eyes, though still adjusting, had an easier time making out Jacob's face, and she smiled more openly. She couldn't find the words to say, so she let one of her hands travel up his side and rest on his cheek. She wasn't smiling. Her carefree expression had been replaced by one of confusion. "Hey, are you okay?" Addie couldn't make sense of anything, but she was sure she didn't sound like herself. The hand she had rested on Jacob's cheek shook, even as she brushed her fingers along his jaw. It was an action meant to bring calm, but energy rattled Addie and she couldn't utter the control needed to stop shaking.

Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:52 pm

When finishing one half of the bread roll, Jacob slowly started on the other, trying to savour every bite and not seem...greedy, if it were. He couldn't help but laugh once more, not finding it unusual how much he had laughed In the past few minutes and night overall, being the kind of person that would always be smiling and giggling and such. "You should see me on a day when I've only had two hours sleep and having a bad hair day. Then I'm cranky." he shrugged somewhat, knowing It was true. He wasn't really in a good place when his hair was falling apart, not caring if he was being slightly dramatic. He adored his hair, after all; it was clear for all to see, he bet. Especially when he had about the same number of hair-products as half of his sisters. Then again, he doubted it was anything compaired to the amount of beauty products located In Addie's cabin. He almost killed his lungs from even walking past the cabin, let alone entering. Jake hoped that he would never have to set foot In that god-awful cabin, fearing suffocation from the fumes.
In a way, it felt wrong to be like this with someone other than Lucy. Apart from the years he had been away at boarding school, Jacob had always had to be the one looking after the girl, comforting her, being there for her. He wasn't used to having someone else In her position. But, despite all that, it felt right also; right In ways the son of Nyx couldn't comprehend himself. At least Addie wasn't pushing him away, perhaps craving the physical contact as much as he did. It made him realise that...he really wasn't scary at all, was he? He was just...a big teddy-bear; huggable.
Biting his lip, Jacob didn't know whether he should speak of Lucy or not. She had - in his broken mind - dissapeared, and he hadn't heard from her since they had planned to runaway together. To him, she was still out there somewhere, but Jake had already moved on. A small part of his brain knew that she had Indeed passed, and was pushing him to forget; forget about her and the hard times they shared. This is why he would choose to just tell Addie's that they were just siblings; nothing more. "I know you are. Thank you." He told her with a smile, not taking up her offer to do so just yet. He was too busy thinking about her to think about himself.
Even though the two teenagers had tightened their grasps on one-another, Jake was still a gentle as possible, his hands and limbs soft against her skin and own body. "No matter how much we want to, none of us can stay together. But we'll be able to look after ourselves when we get out, at least." He offered, knowing it was true. He himself had been working harder to gain more muscle, as of late; only doing It so he would stand more of a chance of survival upon leaving camp. "Hey, you never know; you could leave with someone." He suggested, trying to pick his voice up yet failing, the sadness and fear from their conversation choosing to kill his words like a stone to a bird. "But it won't be your fault if your dad gets another girl. He probably is in a prison cell right now." He assured. "I don't know, but you have to get back up. Always." He whispered Into her ear calmly, hearing the shaking in her voice.
Running his hand over the top of her head before travelling downwards, Jacob rubbed her back soothingly when Addie burried her face near his neck, He hoped she felt more comfortable now, even if he still had slight difficulty with the conversation about Lucy. He would answer her questions and comment upon her opinions and statements nonetheless, believing it to be the courteous thing to do. "Yes; like Lucy." He nodded, inhaling deeply through his nose as he thought. He couldn't help but smile at her uncertainty. "It's a good thing; she is such an amazing person." That was a far as he dared to go; as much as he would tell.
His eyes watching her face easily through the blinding darkness of the night, Jacob watched as her smile quickly fled from her expression. He raised his other hand up to her shaking one, holding her soft and hot skin against his cheek, feeling it tremble beneath his own touch. "I'm fine. He whispered with a frown, wondering why this girl was worrying about him. He, again, was aware of how close their faces were, yet didn't do anything this time; not wanting to push Addie away because of his impulsivity and forwardness. "I just...just don't talk about this stuff often." He admitted, his eyes dropping.
ooc: this is such a bad post. Stupid phone. I cant even spell check It akdbdndnd Sorry!

outfit; here • tag; nico<3 • words; Idk sorry; phone :P • muse; 'ollg' by Justin<3

Last edited by Cerys Bieber on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:23 am

Addie pursed her lips and titled her head to the right. "You sound like my brothers," she commented bluntly, a teasing smile on her face. "Your hair doesn't look nearly plastic-enough to be my kin, though. It's nice." Addie wanted to run a hand through Jacob's sleek hairstyle, but decided that purposefully messing up her friend's hair might be a bad idea. "Very handsome."

Addie nodded to herself and pat Jacob's leg. How much had they talked about that night? It was enough to fill a lifetime of quandaries, but Addie decided she must have been selfish, because she craved more. A thirst for knowledge. In the past she had occasionally wanted to know more, but had never been willing to ask for it. School had been hard, but she hadn't studied. There had been other things on her mind, so now she felt behind. She could only hope she knew enough to keep up, to make since, to comprehend what was happening. That night? Not even a genius could determine what was going on between Jacob and Adelaide. Anastasia. She felt like an Anastasia when talking about Carter with someone. It was self empowering. Anastasia meant resurrection, which seemed all too possible that night. Adelaide was practically meaningless, pertaining to something about royalty.

"That's easier for you to say then me," Addie huffed. "You're strong, and you look it. I'm fragile and vulnerable. It's practically written across my forehead." Addie sloshed her tongue around in her mouth and sighed against Jacob's chest. "And training, it makes me feel pain. If I had known these things in the past, they would have been useful. Now I'm just training to fight for a mom that was never there."

Addie's sudden bitter temper lashed out, but she quickly tried to change her attitude. "Would you go with me, come that time?" she asked breathily, looking up into Jacob's brown eyes. She wanted to give some sort of explanation, but she wasn't sure what details were edging into her voice. "Say we had to leave tomorrow, or we wanted to. Would you go?" Addie sat up straighter, trying to pin what his reaction would be. It would be nice to run away from the safe hideout and face something in real life for a change, but that required a leap of faith that Addie didn't think she had the stamina for. A break from pain would be nice, but was there somewhere that hurt less than camp? Part of her was tied to the haven now, since she had let herself speak there, but Jacob was mobile. Part of her was tied to him, not Camp Half Blood.

Addie gasped loudly, as if she had been hit in the gut, and curled into a smaller shape. Her dad had been convincing enough to make up an story and somehow get away with close to anything. He came off as trustworthy enough to be believed in most any situation. If the police had questioned him, there was no evidence against him. Addie was the evidence, and she had fled. "No," she moaned, clamping her eyes shut. "He's desirable, conniving, alluring. He's probably changed his entire identity by now, and started over somewhere else." She mumbled sex addict before snorting and looking into the stars. "No one that says that to me gets how hard it is. 'Means more when you say it." And it did. Jacob had survived, and now he was doing a fine job of carrying on. Addie was good at hidding everything, but living a lie seemed to make things worse. It was harder to face something like regret and guilt, because they only grew as time passed.

Adelaide sighed as Jacob comforted her. He was acting like a normal father, not like Carter or Jacob's dad. And he spoke highly of his sister. Addie couldn't understand a bond like that. She hadn't faced anything difficult with anyone but herself. That had to be better. She wouldn't be able to cope with images of pain that surely came with watching someone abuse the person you love. "So are you," Addie encouraged whilst gliding one hand up Jacob's back and stopping to latch on to his neck carefully. "I bet she's—she'd be proud of you." Her fingers brushed along the ends of Jacob's short hair before she pulled her hand back to his waist.

Addie felt something of a spark run through her arm as Jacob steadied her hand. She didn't need to thank him, her appreciation was obvious. Using her thumb to trace circles on her friend's skin, Addie let the silence become her conversation. It felt more natural that way, and her actions said more than her words ever could. "I don't either," Addie finally replied reassuringly. "You can trust me. It's not like I could ever judge." Addie wanted to laugh, but she sighed instead. She used her free hand to guide Jacob's chin up, trying to keep his eyecontact. "Hey there, it's okay." Adelaide rested her hand on Jacob's other cheek and pressed her forehead to his, tingling only slightly at the abrupt contact. She didn't say anything at first, only shut her eyes and took small, slow breaths, but eventually her voice rose above the quiet. "It's better this way," she promised, allowing herself a small smile.

Addie pulled her forehead away, but let her lips glide gently over Jacob's hand as she settled back down. Sliding her hand off of Jacob's cheek, she traced his jaw, then grasped at his neck, and finally placed her hand firmly on Jacob's chest, next to her own head. There was no denying it now. Jake was a real person.

((my proofreading has to be brilliant as one in the morning. bleh.))

Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:19 am

Self-consciously at the talk of his hair, Jacob raised his hand to it, running his hands and short nails down in, trying to keep it as smooth as possible. It wasn’t that hard to do so, despite having it pushed up earlier in the day. His hair was always pretty softy, considering he washed and conditioned it every morning. “Yeah…it’s soft and…stuff.” He stated awkwardly, not really being in this position much. He stopped feeling-up his own hair, letting his hand fall back down. A slight blush rose to Jacob’s cheeks when Addie stated that he was handsome, raising his eyebrows to look at her doubtingly as if she was crazy or something, but feeling embarrassed and flattered all the same. He looked down at his lap for a brief second, licking his lips before slowly looking back at Addie’s face. “ Uh…okay.” He snorted sarcastically, trying hard not to roll his eyes. “…thanks, I guess…” his mouth twisted to the side, as if to say ‘are you okay? Do you need glasses?’, even if the son of Nyx wouldn’t say it. He hadn’t really got that type of attention since getting to camp, perhaps maybe because he just…had been avoiding it, so he hadn’t really heard it much. The type of girls he would hang out with would tease him and say he was ugly or something. He knew that they were joking, but he hadn’t heard someone say that to him in a long while.
Feeling Addie pat his leg, Jake let his mind wonder onto where the night and day had already gone, guessing that it must be nearing close to midnight now. He normally had a pretty good concept of time when it came to the night, probably being right. It was dark enough to be that time, even if everything was visible to him. He had good eyesight; like an owl. He and his siblings were considered owls by most actually. The Aphrodite campers had some…harsher stereotypes than that, but Jacob didn’t really like the listen to gossip and other’s being mean, so he just considered them as what they were; the children of the love goddess. No more, no less. They were all insanely good-looking, along with Addie, and Jacob guessed that when they left camp that they would probably all have careers in modelling without even trying. The most attractive people in history had probably been a child of Aphrodite, he guessed. What did he have? He could see in the dark and he could make a room go pitch black. He didn’t have Athena’s brains, or Hermes’ stamina, or Aphrodite’s looks. He was nothing compared to that.
“I’m not always strong.” He replied plainly, not believing he was that strong at all. He was; mentally. He could get through things; forget and move on. He was incredibly sensitive, but he was still able to move on. It was who he was; it was what he was. He liked to help people move on like him; not letting them beat themselves up over things that couldn’t be changed. He probably had to take a leaf out of his own book, he bet. “and you don’t have to be weak, if you don’t want to be. We all have to fight for a parent that has never been there for us; that’s just how it works, because one day they might need us. You really want to turn your back on them, even if they haven’t physically been there for you?” He asked, doubting she actually would turn her back on them all, even if she felt a little ignored. He felt ignored, like most at camp, but he would be the bigger person and be there for them.
A little startled to her sudden curiosity and enthusiasm towards his words, Jacob kept his arm around her back even when she straightened to look him in the eyes, gazing back into her own green ones. Her words reminded him of a conversation he had had with Lucy a while off, seconds coming back to his mind. He pushed it away, not wanting to dwell on the past right now. He had to think. He had only just met Addie, but he already cared about her. It always happened to Jacob, plus it was obvious that she needed him. “I don’t know…” He trailed before blinking, nodding slowly. “If you wanted me to come with you, then yes.” he kept hold of eye-contact with her, wanting her to know how serious he was. “But why would would we want to leave yet? Where would you want to go?”
Eyes widening once again when Addie gasped, he blurted out a quite, “What?! before realising that she was upset about his statement, glad that she wasn’t hurt or anything. He just kept her close to him, listening to what she had to say. It sounded like he was a right- “forget about him, okay? You don’t know what could’ve happened to him by now. He could have stopped for all you know, by another kid. Don’t think about the negatives, and-” He only stopped upon realising what she had mumbled, not knowing how to take it. He brough one of his hands up to her face, his fingertips brushing along her cheek quickly. “He didn’t do anything more than…hurt you…right?” he asked, trying to keep his voice calm and unshaken, not knowing whether he passed or not.
All Jacob did when Addie returned his comment was smile, not knowing again what to say. He simply blushed; feeling embarrassed at the compliment once more. “yeah, she would.” he murmured, his eyes staying on Addie’s as he thought. She would, right? She had to be. Lucy had always been the type of girl that would make everyone happy at her expense. They had been amazingly alike, he and Lucy, but then again, he guessed that would have to be with someone like Owen as a father. She hadn’t deserved any of it, and it somehow hadn’t made her bitter and cold. She had just been a scared girl all her life, was all; no more, no less. If Jacob could find out where she was right now, he doubted he would go looking for her. Not knowing she was dead, he guessed that she must have moved on, and he was doing the same. They were just kids after all.
Jacob moved his face to the side, his lips brushing against Addie’s palm as her thumb caressed the side of his face. “I do trust you…it’s just hard. I’m sorry.” he apologised, not knowing why he was doing it. He leaned down and forward when Addie pressed their foreheads together, not shying away from even more closeness yet embracing it. He hand moved to the small of her back, ready to pull her back against him if he couldn’t help himself any longer. “It is better this way?” He asked, seeing her smile and the corner of his mouth dropping when she pulled away from him slightly. He tilted his head down, letting his lips press small kisses into her hair and along the top of her head, both arms going around her and pulling her onto his lap, finally leaning his head against the top of Addie’s.
ooc; damn, sorry it took so long for me to post :P

outfit; here • tag; nico<3 • words; 1,216 • muse; 'pray' by Justin<3

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:40 pm

down to earth [ nico ] Tumblr_m67uqhYkiB1rykyygo2_250

Addie eyed Jacob and giggled up at him. "It looks soft, and stuff," she mocked, letting her eyes wander to her friend's hair. Her Aphrodite instincts wanted to kick in and complement it's health, but she held back. Conditioner and hairspray was a boring, deadend conversation, and could be saved for another night, with another person. Addie was real with Jacob.

Addie rolled her eyes at Jacob and frowned. "If you're going to take a compliment like that, then I'm not going to give them to you," she threatened while shrugging. "You are." Addie focused on Jacob's chin, hesitant to lock eyes with him again after the soft compliment. As a daughter of Aphrodite, it felt natural to point out beauty, but as a socially deprived sixteen year old, it also felt awkward. In her quiet society, people didn't talk to each other, let alone say nice things, "Don't give me that look," Addie snapped, her voice dripping with fake sass.

Addie looked up expectantly at Jacob as he went deep into thought. His final response disappointed her, though. How could Jacob not always be strong? Jacob came off as a rock, but perhaps he had more layers, like Addie, who seemed to be plain on the surface. "No one would expect you to be," she tried to reason, responding a tad too quickly. "I'm never strong, so just go by comparison." Ragging on herself like she often had to stop herself from doing, Addie shivered under the cold touch of the gentle breeze. "I wouldn't," she admitted. "But she should have done something, anything, to have gotten me away sooner." Not being born seemed like a better option than having to live through what Carter did to her.

Addie sat quietly, a stumped look on her round face. She didn't have an answer to any of Jacob's questions. "Alright," she whispered in response to Jacob's agreement. "Then maybe someday, when I find out the answers to those questions, we can go somewhere safer." She wasn't looking for safety, that was the wrong word. Camp had to be the safest place on earth; the Disneyland of being out of danger. She was looking for something else, similar, but much different. "Freedom." Adelaide spoke so quietly she barely heard the word leve her own mouth, but she smiled all the same. That was what she wanted, the knowledge that she was free.

She half listened to Jacob, half tried to drown out the more painful memories that had recently surfaced. Jacob caught on, and Addie had to look away. She couldn't bare looking into his eyes, especially as she took a breath and used it to give her strength. She could talk. If she didn't come clean to Jacob, who would she come clean to? "Everything he did to me hurt," she moaned quietly, pressing herself closer to the boy and covering her face with her hands. The warm memory of his fingers on her cheek brought a little calm to the situation. "But I was nothing. He did to me whatever he felt the urge to do." Addie wasn't crying. Calm and control. All she needed was a little power over her own emotions. Still, anyone with ears could hear her labored breathing and withering tone.

Addie forgot about herself and returned her gaze to Jacob's, putting on a small crescent of a smile and nodding. It didn't take long for her to decide that she didn't feel like much of a Lucy. Jacob spoke so highly of the girl, and she had to be quiet selfless. That was the type of girl Addie wanted to be, not who she really was. It would take a miracle for Addie to become someone to be admired. She would have to learn to put the past aside for that to ever happen, but Adelaide hadn't found the ability to do something so bold yet. Her missing strength created a gap in her hardly beating heart. It would turn to stone unless changed.

Addie grinned at Jacob, feeling his words tickle her lips. "I get it," she whispered, closing her eyes, then opening them again. "I'm sorry, too." She wasn't sure what she was apologizing for, but if Jacob felt he had done something wrong, than she was sure she herself had made some sort of mistake. Her hand wandered back up Jacob cheek and found his hair. She raked through it once, then played with the ends of the soft bristles, like she had done before. Her first reaction upon feeling the hand on her back was to pull away, scream for help, run, do something, but she reminded herself who was touching her and exhaled deeply through her nose. Addie smiled again and kept her eyes shut as Jacob spoke to her. "It is," she reassured him teasingly, latching onto his hair carefully and letting Jacob pull her into his lap. Slinging both of her arms around Jacob's neck, Addie pressed her cheek into Jacob's, though it required her to push herself up slightly. She finally mustered the courage to kiss his cheek before she relaxed down into him. She nuzzled her head into his chest, feeling so strong around Jacob that she could forget what abuse felt like for the time being. As soon as he rested his head on hers, Addie shivered and hugged him closer to her.

It felt wrong to be so close to someone, though Jacob hadn't hurt her and she didn't see him changing any time soon. She still had scars on her legs and chest from lashings that came with being so close. She didn't want to tell Jacob this, because scars weren't beautiful, but she couldn't see a way to hide them. Since her eyes were shut, and her face was burried in Jacob's chest, she let her hands grasp for her thighs. Instinctively she found two subtle bumps, thin white lines, and she shivered, the chill running all the way down her spine before finally leaving her system. Fighting the bad memories, Addie used her left arm to hug Jacob to her again, and placed her right hand firmly on Jacob's cheek, which she found to have become a calming action.

((ahh, I feel horrible. I'm sorry, ahhh. I went to my friend's house, and I slept late the day before and agh, just a busy day. but viola, a post. 8D xD))

Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:59 pm

It had been quite a while since Jacob had received a proper compliment, and he had forgotten the feeling of both pride and shyness when receiving one. The red tint at his cheeks flared even harder when she mocked him, rolling his eyes lightly at Addie. He held back a 'shut up' when she copied him, not wishing to hit a nerve or be rude. When the blush gradually left his face, he let his hand travel up to rub the back of his neck as he thought, his eyes flickering from the darkened horizon to the blonde girl In front of him. He raised his hands up In a surrender motion at Addie for a few seconds, feeling as if he was a young boy being told off by one of the teachers at his boarding school, who had adopted quite a motherly feel towards the privileged and quite lonely boys. "Okay okay, I'm really sexy. Better?" He asked, giving up. He didn't want to make it an argument, so he chose to agree with her, even If his views were a little different than her's. He was quite a modest boy, after all. Feeling bad for not replying with a compliment himself, Jacob forced away whatever insecurities and fear he had, pushing a smile to his lips, speaking with honesty, "and you are very beautiful yourself." Jacob resembled a tomato after communicating that sentance.
His mouth and lips twisting to the side with uncertainty, Jake still couldn't feel bad despite Addie trying to make him feel better. He knew he was weak, compared to most seventeen year olds his age, unwanted nothing more than to be the type of person that wouldn't hurtle away from danger, but barrel head-first into it and win. He would never be that type of person though; he was scared of hurting someone else. "But I expect myself to be strong! How am I mean to...but...ugh!" He gave up trying to explain himself, running a hand through his hair and messing it up slightly, frustrated. Then Adelaide continued with her next point which made him slightly annoyed, flattening down the brown mop once again as his eyes focused on her. "No. If you weren't strong, you wouldn't have been able to get away from your dad. And I'm sure your mom did her best." He knew how it felt though; always wondering whether there was something bad about them that had made his god-parent refuse to help him or Lucy. Jake wasn't good with holding grudges however, thankful that he had got away and found camp. That was enough.
Watching Addie intently as he awaited the answer to his proposal and question, Jacob nodded slightly. He would leave one day with this girl, If she wanted him. He never back down from a promise. Though he doubted they would be able to find somewhere safer than camp. He knew he would have to leave in the next few years, considering he was going to be considered an adult int the eyes of the law in a few months. He didnt catch her word, even if he felt the same; deep down. His mind on the topic of age, Jacob frowned slightly, not even knowing Addie's. "You must be about seventeen, right?" He guessed, expecting her to be about his age. She had to be, right? She seemed his age, and looked it.
Jake's heart rate increased slightly when Addie seemed to dodge his question, making his eyes get a little bit more desperate. His mind wondered over all the sick possibilties that could hang beneath her words and thoughts, trying to get disgusting images out of his head. He took both of Addie's wrists in his grasp, pulling her hands away from her face and placing his own on both sides of her head. He let his thumb stroke her cheeks, being gentle but making sure that she was looking at him; looking him in the eyes. He couldn't bare it. "Yes, but did he do anything else to you?" His voice broke slightly, and It was obvious what he was Implying. He let his hands drop back to their earlier positions then, keeping their eyes fixed on one another's. He needed an answer; a clear and honest one.
Smiling with Addie and wondering what she was thinking, he nodded with her when she also apoligised, not knowing why but they both probably feeling the need to. It happened at times, and Jake wouldn't question it. She had accepted his wary excuse, and that was enough. He continued to smile at her when she let her hands run through his hair, keeping his own on the bottom of her back and the other starting to move to her own long blond hair, letting his fingers get tangled. He leaned into her when Addie pushed her cheek to his, closing his eyes and breathing in her sweet scent, feeling her lips press to his cheek as she pulled away. He closed his eyes, smiling warmly to himself as she felt her rest herself into his chest.
Only opening his eyes when feeling Addie shuffle on him, Jacob became concerned yet again, frowning slightly. His hand covered her's on his cheek yet again, squeesing It comfortingly and keeping it against his warm skin. "What is it?" He asked.
ooc; It's fine, hun. I'm on my phone so my post is worse than usual bad rofl. :).

outfit; here • tag; nico<3 • words; idk; phone. Sorry! • muse; 'alaylm' by Justin<3
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:02 am

down to earth [ nico ] Tumblr_m8rwcewTiY1ql2gms

Addie pat Jacob's shoulder as he held up his hands, a satisfied grin on her face. "Now you're getting it." Jacob really was cute. He had a different quality to him than most boys. It was like his looks were raw, more natural than the plastic Hollister models, and less dingy than greasy motorcycle thugs. The daughter of Aphrodite liked Jacob, a lot. Though her siblings were into superficial, she wasn't. Addie wanted trust, protection, equality. She felt like Jacob had that. It didn't hurt that he was the first person to give her a compliment that didn't involve "hot". "Beautiful," Addie whispered to herself, enjoying the way it rolled off of her tongue. "That's not something a girl gets to hear everyday."

Addie watched Jacob struggle with himself before grabbing his wrists and holding them still. "I don't know who encouraged that kind of thinking, but I'll promise you something. You don't have to be anything around me. Strong, weak, pretty, fake, smart, I don't care. We're both going to have to let everything go eventually, and hiding them . . . it makes me feel like I'm ruined, mutilated, a freak when I have to put on an act for everyone else." Addie tried to take her own words as advise, but she was hitting too close to home. Everything she said stung on the way out. "I don't know how it makes you feel, but I know what it's like to build an image. Sometimes they start to feel real. No one has to be a wall forever." Addie let go of Jacob in order to adjust herself. She wanted to make sure he could see the emotion on her face. Honesty. "I'm not asking you to break out and suddenly become some sort of raw superhuman. Just remember." Adelaide pulled herself into Jacob again, a sick churning in her stomach distracting her from any regret or afterthought.

Addie was caught off guard by Jacob's question, confused as to why he was asking for her age. It didn't take long for her to remember that she hadn't told him her age, nor did she know his. "About," she agreed with a light laugh. "I'm fifteen. I'll be sixteen in a few weeks." Addie dropped her head, somewhat ashamed of her young age. Jacob must be seventeen himself. Surely knowing that she was a good two, maybe even three years younger than him would change his opinion. Seeing her raw would have an effect. "Do I seem older?"

Shrinking away from Jacob's almost desperate looking expression, Addie tried to put on some sort of mask. Instead, her face twisted into a pout; crying without tears. His touch kept her from losing it on the spot. Slowly Addie was shrinking and cracking, though. "I don't . . . yes." Before admitting something so private, Addie had been capable of holding onto the one thing she wasn't going to do, but she felt pain surge through her at her past being as subtly implied as it was. Had they spoken in a more open way, Addie would have been thrashing, sobbing, bawling. Now, she let one tear fall out of her eyes before she straightened herself out and took a shaky breath. "He took away that kind of innocence, too. He—I didn't want any of it—" she choked, trying to explain herself, to purify her broken image in the eyes of Jacob. What would be think of her now? "I'm not actually disgusting or—" Addie couldn't bare believing that she had done something to mess up everything. She let herself cry, wanting to look away from Jacob, but finding his eyes thing she could see through her glassy eyes.

Addie took a deeper breath, deciding that she felt exposed enough. She might as well keep the ball rolling. "I only got them when I struggled," she groaned, slipping her arms away from Jacob and onto her left leg, where she traced her larger scar. That one was from an actual knife. The few others were from beer bottles, mostly. "The right punishments are permanent," she quoted Carter, her voice vulnerable and twice as angry as anything she'd ever spoken. "As if he hadn't already left me with different kind of scars . . ." Addie sighed, reminding herself that she wasn't alone to angst; she had Jacob to remember. "They're scars. The tissue kind," Addie carefully shifted herself out of Jacob lap and stuck out her leg.

"Even if I forget everything else . . . They will always bring me back." Adelaide trailed off due to the urge to cry. Tears built up, but she held them back. "He didn't always used to be bad, he wasn't always . . ." Addie burst, giving up on trying to be strong and come off as tough. She cried, because she never had before. And it didn't feel good enough to repeat. She felt exposed and lost. Who was the Addie that shed tears? "Sometimes he hated them, too! Sometimes he didn't like hurting me! He cried, I could hear him."

Addie reached blindly for Jacob's hand, wanting to hold onto it. "The first time I tried to run away, he told me he was trying to stop. He said I was like him." Addie coughed through her tears. She sounded pitiful. "I was confused, then. Conflicted. He got worse. He wanted me to never forget. I think he could knew that I was leaving. So he was rougher." Addie traced the large leg scar. "I was thirteen. Six scars." She had two on the same shoulder, though she kept those hidden as best as she could. Realizing that she was being selfish, Addie looked up at Jacob and her tears stopped dropping down her cheeks. "I didn't mean to . . . Sorry." She hadn't asked for permission to suddenly switch her mood like she had. That wasn't right. As if asking for some sort of forgiveness, Adelaide looked deeply into Jacob. She wasn't a bad person. She wasn't.

((some of the sentences in my jumble don't make sense, but I'm so tired . . . ehhhh.))

Last edited by Alli on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 3:56 pm

The blush of colour was already starting to leave Jacob's cheeks once more, which made him a little more confident with the conversation they were currently participating in. Addie really was beautiful, along with everyone of her siblings. There was no way anyone would be able to deny it. Jake always had had quite a thing for blonds, along with many other guys. "Well then, you have been in bad company if you don't hear it everyday." He smiled, raising an eyebrow. He did believe that most should hear it a lot, even if he didn't always tell girls that they were. Every girl was beautiful to someone, right? "I'll tell you it everyday." he promised, wondering how many things he'd promised her in the short amount of the time they had been in each-other's presence. He had a feeling that that wasn't the end of them either.
Raising his head to look at Addie's hands when they took hold of his wrists, keeping them still, he stayed quiet. "I know, but...I should be strong. I want to be stronger-" He tried to get in, shutting up when she proceeded with speaking. She should take her own advice, but Jacob was grateful for it anyway. he knew he didn't have to change for anyone, or pretend to be someone he wasn't. He was just scared, in a way. Scared of letting her, or anyone. down because he wasn't able to do something. The guilt of failing someone would eat at him, and he would struggle not to beat himself over it. he realised what Addie was saying though, knowing how hard this must be for her; saying that they had to be open with each-other. Promises; another one. "Alright, from this point on, I'll try not to be anything but Jacob, and you have to be yourself. Deal?" He asked, the other eyebrow raising, finally moving his eyes to her face. he wrapped his arms around her yet again when she released him, feeling her lean into him again. "It makes me feel like crap." He answered bluntly, nodding. "I'll remember, I'll remember." he assured, repeating himself for emphasis.
The son of Nyx was honestly surprised when Addie told him that he was younger than he expected her to be, thinking that she was his age. He didn't know why exactly, whether it was down to appearance or how she acted, but he had just believed she was around his age. “Yeah…I wouldn’t have thought you were that young.” He admitted, shrugging somewhat. Then again, doing the math in his head, Jacob realized that there was about a year and a half between them, which wasn’t really that much. “Yeah…I don’t know, you just seem older than fifteen.” Then again, Lucy had been eighteen and he sixteen when they had ‘dated’; if you could consider a secret relationship between two star-crossed adopted siblings, dating.
It took Jacob a moment to realise that she had answered his desperation, his eyes turning glassy and soft as he tried to think. He was a very emotional and sensitive guy, so he wasn’t good in situations such as these. His eyes started to water with emotion; angry with Carter and upset for Addie, not being believe something like this could happen to such a poor and helpless young girl. He had only just met the girl, but he got to people quickly. Especially when they had shared so much about themselves like he and Addie had. Jake was unable to blink away the moisture welling up in his own eyes but he stroked his thumb over Addie’s cheek, brushing away the warm tear that rolled down her cheek. “oh gods.” He breathed, the muscles in his jaw fluttering as he clenched his teeth together, trying to not cuss excessively. He squeezed his eyes closed at she continued to blurt out explanations towards his, pressing their foreheads together for a moment, trying to keep his breathing steady. “It’s…I get it. Don’t worry, I know it wasn’t your fault. You couldn’t help it. I’m….I’m sorry.” He whispered, his voice cracking again. If Lucy had ever been dragged into to anything like that with Owen, Jacob would’ve probably done something so violent and aggressive that it would’ve surprised both he and Owen.
Pulling his head back from Addie’s, Jacob looked down onto where Addie had moved her hands, his left index finger tracing one of the scars with hers, shuddering lightly. Jake had the odd scars, and Lucy had had even more, but nothing on this scale. It was disgusting. The hairs on the back of Jacob’s neck seemed to stand when she quoted her father, his eyes locked on her leg as his finger continued to touch it. “This is wrong. This is sick. This is wrong.” He mumbled, followed by a long string of curse words.
Trying not to feel hurt as Addie got off him, Jacob let his hands fall in front of him again, raising one quickly to rub his eyes with the bottom of his palm. He didn’t know what to say, honestly, seeing as he didn’t really have any experiences that could tie him to this situation. “Lucy had a scar right here,” He told her softly, reaching forward on the last word to brush his finger from Addie’s collar-bone to the opposing shoulder, wincing slightly at the memory of seeing it. “and she had some on her back.” He informed her, dropping back into his first place and lowering his eyes to his lap. “I wish I could…I’m sorry.” He apologised, not knowing why he was saying sorry so much, wanting to do something for her. He didn’t know what though. It was too late to change the past.
His heart breaking when she started to cry, Jacob squeezed her hand and pulled her back onto his lap no matter what she wanted, holding her close to his chest in a comforting way. “Stop.” He practically begged, feeling like crap when someone else was so upset, and it was all his fault for bringing it up. “That doesn’t excuse what he did, Addie! That just makes him an asshole with a tiny shred of guilt!” He exclaimed, wishing to close his ears so he didn’t have to hear anymore. “Please, stop talking about it. I don’t want to-“ He cut himself off, not knowing what he was trying to say. He didn’t like the atmosphere; it made him feel worse than he ever had before.
Waiting until she had finished and was quiet, Jacob pulled away from her somewhat, releasing her enough to look down at her. Her cheeks were still wet with her tears, and Jacob pressed a kiss to her cheek, tasty the saltiness on his lips but not caring enough to comment on it. He also looked on the verge of tears, but wasn’t really the type of boy that would hide it when he was about to cry. “Please, forger about it. Just think about us now; you and me. That’s the only thing that’s important, okay Addie? You and me.” He insisted, holding her cheek and keeping their faces close, wanting her to understand how serious he was.
ooc; I honestly think i would've died of boredom if I proof read it, so I didn't rofl. sorry :P

outfit; here • tag; nico<3 • words; 1,203 • muse; 'secrets' by onerepublic

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

down to earth [ nico ]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next