Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

down to earth [ nico ]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

down to earth [ nico ] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:30 pm

down to earth [ nico ] - Page 2 Tumblr_m8rwcewTiY1ql2gms
Adelaide Jenner ∞ -- aphrodite

Addie let her eyes fall to the ground and she let them stay there. "I haven't been in any company," she laughed, looking back up at Jacob and sighing. "That sounds like a line from a well written book. I didn't think promises like that existed outside of fiction." Addie smiled shyly and bit her bottom lip to cheek from looking ridiculously happy. Her cheeks were pink with blush.

Adelaide dropped her sweet act and pursed her lips. "You're still strong to me." Reassuringly, she brushed her hand through Jacob's hair and pat his shoulder. She was grateful to feel his arms around her again, so she slipped on hand around his back and pulled herself closer. "I'm not sure if you'll like the real me. She's not as delicate as the fake me." Addie smirked and crossed her free hand across her stomach. "But if that's what you really want, then sure. Whatever." The headstrong daughter of Aphrodite rested against Jacob contentedly.

Addie trembled beneath Jacob's touch. Her face was drained off all color, and she looked scared. Her mouth hung open slightly, seeing as the boy had silenced her, and she felt like there was more to say. Still, she was determined not to say anything else. "It's nothing you should apologize for," Addie whispered, barely louder than just moving her lips. "Do you really think so?" She sounded hopeful, and felt driven. Jacob's words possessed the powerful ability to change Adelaide's opinion of herself, even if it was only a slight renewal.

When Jake touched her marking, Addie jumped. It reminded her of Carter, though there were no similarities. Jacob was much more like Addie than he was like her father, so why did tracing her scar seem familiar? No one had ever spoken to her about them before, because Adelaide didn't let people's eyes wander to her legs, and now that Jacob was seeing an almost secret part of her, she felt like she had lost a struggle. "Don't—" Addie reached up to touch Jacob's jawline, tracing it in order to calm him. "It's alright. There, there." She was lying to herself in trying to keep Jacob from getting too angry, but she had to try. She didn't want him worked up over something time couldn't fix.

Addie shivered as Jacob tracing a line to her shoulder. Stretching out the collar of her shirt and pulling it down past her shoulder, Addie stared at the clean, unscathed skin. Her shoulder scars were on the opposite shoulder, luckily. She didn't have anything to say, so she stared at her exposed shoulder and breathed quietly. She could see her chest rising and falling, reminding herself that she was alive. Tracing the same line Jacob had drawn with his hand, Addie watched as she imagined someone cutting her so close to her heart. "It's okay," she whispered, still distracted by the imaginary scar on her shoulder and chest. Finally feeling a sting, Addie let her shirt slide back up her arm and fit into it's slightly stretched spot on her neck.

When Jacob pulled her back into his lap, she thrashed before snapping back into reality. For a split second she had felt like Carter was drawing her in again. She could feel Jacob surrounding her, but it didn't feel warm enough. The tears spilled out of her eyes, and she couldn't hear anything around her. After calming herself down, Addie began panting, but she had been able to control the sobbing, twitching, and screeching. Her muscles were tense, and she didn't relax until Jacob kissed her. That brought her back to reality and out of her twisted Carter-Themed fantasy. She huffed once and put on a small smile, absentmindedly wiping away her tears. "Me and you."

Addie gently poked Jacob in the chest and brought her face to his, boldly closing the space in between them and crashing her lips into Jacob's gently. Her first reaction was fear, so she pulled back and looked into his eyes. Her expression resembled a deer in headlights, anticipating an explosive, harmful reaction. She hadn't felt afraid before, but if she had ruined everything . . . Addie used both of her hands to brush up Jacob's neck and onto his cheeks, holding them just above his actual skin. She was hesitant and could feel his warmth, even across the small distance separating them.

((oh mer gawd. I've been listening to secrets. 8D))

but at night you'll live it all again
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:22 am

believe
Jacob shrugged once more, not really knowing what else he could say. He could be deep at times, but he really wouldn't go that far. "My sisters make me watch a lot of chick-flicks." He answered, trying to hide a small smile. He rubbed the back of his neck again, letting his eyes look away from Addie and to the left of them, out onto the distance of the shore. He bet they would have to be going soon; there was only so much time after curfew that a child of Nyx could get away with, especially if he had another camper with him. He didn't even want to think about the consequences he would receive if being caught this late with a girl. He would be as good as dead, for sure. He didn't want to ask Addie if they could get back when she was in a mood like this, so he would probably wait until a better time or until she suggested they headed back. And there was no way in hell that Jake wasn't going to see her again, because he was. He would even risk killing his lungs by entering the Aphrodite cabin just to see her again, which was saying something.
Raising his eyebrows as Addie told him that he was strong, at least to her, the corner of his mouth twitched up into a grateful smile. "Thanks." He told her, his hazel eyes boring into her green ones intently. He didn't bother to see if his hair was fine when the daughter of Aphrodite ran her hand through it, not being on the top of his appearance right now. His full lips pressed together into a thin line, "I'm sure I will like the real you." He told her, trying to be reassuring. "You put yourself down too much." He noted, not liking it much. He didn't like it when girls were insecure, because he didn't know what for, seeing as they were probably turning heads every time they walked through a door. Then again, he had also put himself down a lot in the past few minutes, so he wasn't really one to talk; it's like the pot calling the kettle black.
It was like when someone's relative died, and they had to tell you; you felt the need to say sorry’ apologize as if it was partly their fault. So this is what Jacob did, not being able to help himself or know a reason for it. "I know, but...sorry." he mumbled again, feeling bad for some reason. He was just so...so...so pissed. he nodded, trying to reassure her further. "Yeah, I do. You couldn’t' stop him. You h-h-were young. How could you stop a grown-man doing something like that to you?" he had a valid reason, and if she hadn't thought about that before then he hoped she would stop thinking she was disgusting because it happened. He brushed a loose lock of her blond hair behind one of her ears.
"Relax." Jake told Addie through gritted teeth when she jumped, his eyes going up to her face for a second before back at her leg, continuing to trace it nevertheless. He was annoyed and angry at himself as if he had been able to do something to stop it from ever happening, even though that was impossible. His eyes returned to Addie's face upon her touching his jaw line, letting him hand pull back from her, his expression softening. His bottom-lip pushed out slightly into a pout, taking deep breaths through his nose in order to calm himself. "No, it isn't." He protested beneath his breath, but telling himself to shut up. Being angry wasn't going to help anything, so he let himself shut up. He was probably just going to make a fool of himself anyway; being angry didn't look good on him.
Jake ran both of his hands through his brown hair frantically, making it stand up in all directions, but he didn't care right now. He knew he needed to think about something else, before he got himself too angry and worked up. He'd thought that he and Lucy had had it bad; it was nothing compared to what Addie had been though. He buried his head in his hands as he thought, wondering why the world was such a sick and twisted place. He didn't mean to toot his own horn, but why couldn't there be more people like him? That didn't like or want to hurt people, putting most before himself. That would make a better world. He just wanted everything to be normal; for the both of them. A normal life, as normal teenagers. None of the abusive, mythology crap.
Then again; normal was too mainstream for most.
Worried that Addie would shove him away when he pulled her back onto his lap, he was very glad that she didn't, keeping her close to him for both of their sakes; needing the human contact. He kept one arm around her, the other moving to her face to brush her hair away from her wet cheeks. He as about to nod when she repeated what he'd said, not having the chance when she leaned forward to press their lips together. Jacob froze, having not expected the action. By the time he could process what he was meant to do, Addie had pulled away and was looking at him like she was...well, afraid, which was really stupid. "Addie," He sighed, not really knowing what to say. He could only imagine how complicated everything was just about to get, especially with a girl like Addie; scared and afraid. he had already gotten himself in this position once, and it had resulted with a missing girlfriend. He didn't even know if Addie was doing this because the girl was emotional at the moment, which he bet was likely considering that he didn't know why any girl would like to kiss him; he didn't think he was cute enough to be kissed, especially by someone as pretty as Adelaide. he moved his head to the side, his cheek touching one of her hands as he watched her. He hand cupped her own cheek, lowering his face to hers again and kissing her gently, not doing any more than letting his own lips mould around hers. It didn't last longer then a few seconds, because soon Jacob pulled away to watch her, waiting for her to snap out of it and most-likely regret she had kissed him. "That was...yeah..."
ooc; ermahgerd, perfect for the situation, right? 8D
tag: Nico<3 • words: 1090 • outfit: here

Last edited by Cerys Bieber on Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:22 pm

down to earth [ nico ] - Page 2 Tumblr_m8rwcewTiY1ql2gms
Adelaide Jenner ∞ -- aphrodite

Addie tried to relax, especially because Jacob instructed her to, but her heart was pounding, and the night continued to swell. Soon it would be too late to stay. Too late to even try making it back to the cabins unnoticed. But Addie needed the time that she didn't have. Fighting a yawn, the daughter of Aphrodite wished she was braver, more fearless. If she was, the weight of being caught wouldn't be a worry. With everything else swirling around her, the girl's main concern became not getting herself eaten. How could she relax when she had someone touching her, even though she was supposed to be finishing up her meal and heading to bed? When she was reliving her childhood?

Shakily, Addie hugged Jacob's neck and squished her to his chest. "Even if it isn't, you don't need to get worked up. I feel better now. It happened years ago." Addie smiled, but she looked as if she had just sat in a bag of nails and was now being forced to take her school picture. She looked uncomfortable and in pain. It wasn't the reassuring look she had been going for. "I'll feel better later." Addie couldn't imagine getting to sleep that night, even under the strongly scented perfume that often caused her to fall asleep instantly. The smells made her woozy and sick, but sleepy all the same. Sharing her life was bound to bring nightmares, or keep her up all night. How much regret would she feel? Was she going to let herself see Jacob again? Could she possibly block him out, ignore him, and forget about the warm feeling in her stomach when she listened to him?

No, she couldn't. She kissed him, which left her with little options. There was going to be no leaving without goodbye. There was going to be no "I don't know you". There was going to be no forgetting. Jacob was her first kiss, first hug, first feels. She didn't even know the boy's last name. Though, all things considered, she didn't regret it, even if her timing could have been better. They could have met on a happier note. They could have been carefree when they kissed, instead of fighting off their pasts. Addie didn't mind anymore. She just knew that she wanted to stay by Jacob until she simply couldn't anymore. Her fear registered, the anxiety, but when Jacob said her name, she shivered and nodded lightly. She was Addie. Jacob was saying her name.

Jacob was kissing her. Tired of being timid and feeble, Addie pressed her skinny hands more firmly onto Jacob's cheeks, sucking in through her nose so that she wouldn't faint. She shut her eyes as tightly as she could and began moving her lips, unsure of what she was doing, but knowing that it seemed right. For once, she was glad romance was in her blood. It eliminated some of the awkward fumbling that she would otherwise be desperately trying to conquer. When he pulled away, the corner of Addie's lips pulled up into a small smile. She was a teenage girl kissing a cute and sweet guy, after all. For a moment, she forget who she was and allowed herself to feel a bit giddy. The nymphs would die to be in her place right now! Only, Addie was an uneven mixture of Aphrodite blood and something entirely different, and before she knew what she was doing, she locked eyes with Jacob rather intensely.

"I shouldn't have—I mean, that came out wrong . . ." Jacob would probably hate her if he didn't already. Oh joy. "I meant—I should have asked or something." Blushing madly, Addie rubbed the back of her neck. "If this is too much . . . I understand." Adelaide closed her eyes to keep herself contained, not wanting to show much of her exposed self. "I'm a fixer-uper." It was true. You would spend more time coaxing Addie into being completely comfortable then would be nessicary to find a new girl. Like a house. Why spend more money renovating a house then it would cost to buy a shiny new one? "But I think I might like you." Addie opened her eyes and found herself immediately looking into Jacob's brown, calming eyes.

((Sorry it took so long. I'm down to about one post day with my gosh dang schedule.))

but at night you'll live it all again
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:52 pm

it'll be alright ,

The night had been a first for Jacob in many ways, but in other’s he felt as if he had done this all before. The comforting, the secrets, and the handholding had been a massive wave of déjà vu to him but everything was different also. She couldn’t pinpoint the feeling exactly, but there was something funny about it all. He had never wanted to be in a position like this again after going through it all with Lucy, but he seemed to find himself taking in the fearful and scared, and looking after them. He wished for a little bit of a break, taking time to mess around with his friends and just living. That’s all he wanted. But he guessed he could make a few exceptions, if he really started to care about something…or someone.
The trick was to breath through your nose, Jacob knew; that’s how one was meant to calm down fast. Count to ten as well. He did so, curling and uncurling his fists behind Addie’s back as she pressed herself further into his torso. He watched her expression and not believing her for one second but letting it pass over his head, only choosing to mutter a quiet, “Still messed up.” It was true though, right? That guy should rot in hell along with Jacob’s on father, and get even a harder time because of all the things he had done to Addie. Jake tightened his arms around the girl as if they would protect her from everything that had and might happen to her. He wished that she would just be able to forget it all and move on; for him and for her. “but yeah, I’m calm.”
Jacob couldn’t help but wonder if he had been making a mistake by kissing her back. Ws he ready to get himself into something like this? Was she ready? What did this mean, in fact? Would it just end up as a few kisses that would only turn into distant memories, nothing more? All these questions travelled through his mind, irritating him like a rash and stressing him as much a maths test did. He wished that everything would be easy and carefree for them both, but he knew that life didn’t like to be that simple. So he guessed that he would just try and get them both in a good and comfortable place; look after them both. At least, as much as a boy like he could, considering that he wasn’t really the biggest, toughest or strongest around. Physically that was; mentally he was completely different. He wasn’t a fighter by nature, but if he believed in something then he would most-definitely fight for it.
After watching Addie long enough to examine what her reaction was, his mouth curled up into a smile when Addie’s did, a light and practically unnoticable blush appearing on his cheeks. He licked his full lips as he thought, still not being able to shake how weird this all was. She was different than Lucy, of course she was, but Jake still had the undesirable urge to call her that name, and joke about things that she Lucy would’ve understood. He blinked, snapping out of whatever flood of memories he was having about his last girlfriend and choosing to focus on now. There and then, because that was all that mattered to them both. They were both telling each-other that all of their past was now meant to be behind closed doors, so Jacob was choosing to put that into practice.
Raising his dark brown eyebrows as Addie stammered away, his grin expanded as he realised how nervous she had become. Whoa, he hadn’t made a girl speechless in a long while, if at all. He wasn’t and Liam Payne was he? Girls normally didn’t get so worked up over him. “Addie.” He laughed lightly, his voice being drowned out as she continued to try and speak her mind. “Addie…Addie, I get it. You didn’t have to ask, okay?” He told her, running his thumb lightly against the side of his face. His smile faltered a little as she spoke her finally sentence before leaning forward to kiss her forehead gently, keeping eye contact even as he pulled away. “I get that a lot. I can be pretty irresistible.” He smirked at the thought, snorting at how unbelievable and untrue that was. “But yeah, I think I like you too.”
Sighing, Jacob finally ripped their eye contact apart to let his hazel eyes scan over the surface of the water, seeing better than most because of his abilities. He worried about the harpies that would be wandering around right now, and knew that this would probably be their last chance of getting back without certain death. “We should be getting back.” He whispered, not wanting to have to say it but knowing that someone would, if they wanted to live another day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: down to earth [ nico ]   down to earth [ nico ] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

down to earth [ nico ]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half Blood :: The Beach-
Jump to: