Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] Empty
PostSubject: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:02 am

The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] 8a7137be8dc1984a7431cc7db0ee7d57de51a31d

The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] Charlie

The forest was dark, and just ahead of me, I could see the hell-hound burst into a clearing. Perfect.
Slinging my bow from my back, I selected an arrow carefully, and very quiet. One sudden move or noise would alert the beast to my presence, and then it would either attack or shadow travel. Neither was good.
Slowly, I notched the arrow, and aimed for it to fly straight into the beasts head. Disintegrate on contact. I could be back at the Camp of Artemis by nine in the morning, just in time to take a jog, eat, and have a small sleep. Heaven.
Time seemed to slow for a few seconds, everything jumping out suddenly, the colors vibrant and hard. The whole scene had surround sound.
The hell-hound scratching at a small rabbits burrow.
My breathing.
The sound of the string snapping as I let the arrow fly.
The thump.
And finally, time sped up again, and the hell-hound disintegrated in seconds.
Smiling, I slung my bow back over my shoulder, and patted my messy bun on the top of my hair. My clothes were spattered in paint, as always, and back at Camp, my latest canvas was waiting.
A rustle in the bushes behind me made me snap around, taking in the scene. The dark held anything from hell-hounds to owls.
Deciding against staying where everyone could see me, I touched the nearest tree, judging. Then quickly, I grabbed the lowest branch, and pulled myself up as far as I could. Then I grabbed another one . In quick succession, I climbed up about six branches, crouching and pulling my bow back around in case it was needed.

Charlie's Wardrobe
http://www.polyvore.com/charlies_wardrobe/set?id=44519698

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Pinky

Pinky

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:50 am

The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] Emily
The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] Emily-1

I was just hanging out in the woods, but I don't NORMALLY go here, but I just wanted to, even I wasn't expecting this.
Anyways, I was walking around the woods, looking for something interesting, then suddenly, I heard a howl, most likely a hellhound. It probably got shot, so I was getting a closer look, there was nothing. Nothing except dust. Well, there goes at my attempt to find something interesting.
But, how did it die? I heard a someone's breathing from behind me, yeah, the forest was THAT quiet. I turned to face the person, but she disappeared. Just my luck. I was just trying to find something interesting.
I was till thinking about it, but then I heard someones climbing a tree. And, well, it didn't go as I planned. I was trying to be all stealthy-like, until I stepped on a twig. Yeah, really stealthy-like.

Back to top Go down
http://ruskayatheawesome.tumblr.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:18 am

The noise wasn't a monster. No. It turned out to be a girl. Mousy hair, kinda tall. General in appearance and otherwise. She didn't seem to be carrying a weapon.
Slowly, I put my bow back around my neck, my eyes narrowing, keeping an eye on her. There were such a thing as magical weapons after-all.
But she could be a mortal, I thought, moving slightly on the branch, shifting my weight, and looking through some leaves. A small little bug crawled onto my hand, and I smiled faintly before moving my finger and putting it back onto a leaf. My mind was racing.
If she was a demigod, then she would be most likely nice enough, and I would be okay to talk to her. If she was a mortal, it would also be pretty okay to show myself, but it would be hard to explain why I had a colorful bow with arrows slung over my back. Not an option to get arrested today. Then there was the chance, a small margin that she was a monster. Even though I was able to see through the mist on some level, I could still be deceived if they took the form of a human. And there was a definite chance that it was a monster curious on why a hell-hound just seemed to poof.
I made my decision then.
Slowly, I stood, holding onto the tree trunk, and moved to the next branch down quietly. Then another. Then another. And then I jumped, landing knees bent, hands on the ground. I barely had time to feel the moss beneath my fingers, I stood, hoping that I hadn't been seen. Moving to the side, I stood with my back against the trunk of a large Willow tree, and took a breath before starting to move out of the clearing quietly.

Charlie's Wardrobe

Back to top Go down
Pinky

Pinky

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:36 am

I felt a soft thump, probably an animal jumped or something, but for some reason, I want to check it out.
I turned around, but I didn't see an animal, but I saw a girl, trying to get away from me or something. She's probably the one who shot the hellhound! It's must be her. "Hey! wait up!" I have no idea why I said it without thinking. She could probably a monster, and I don't have any weapons on me, well, that's troubling. "Who are you? Are you the one who shot the hell hound?"

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:55 am

I cursed quietly, shouting obscenities in my mind and mouthing them too. Great stealthiness Charlie, I almost screamed.
Turning, I sized up the girl, or whatever she could be. Not to tough looking. If it came to a fight, I would be able to take her. I hoped.
'What if I did shoot the hell-hound? Its a beast. And it would've tried to kill me or you if given the chance,' I snapped, touching my hair and red bandanna.
I picked at a splatter of paint on my pants, and pulled my red "Keep Calm And Play Ball" top down slightly. She did look human. And sound human.
'Okay. How about this. If you explain to me who you are, and what your doing here, assuming your not a monster or beastie, I'll explain who I am and what I'm doing here. Agreed?' I said, slightly snappy still, but at the end of the day, you don't expect people to be in the woods when your hunting hell-hounds.
Slowly, I kicked at a rock on the ground, thinking about where I was. Pretty near Camp Half-Blood as far as I knew. She could be from there. Well that was a new thought, that I pushed from my head. Instead I thought absently about paints, and stars. Maybe that could be my inspiration. A clearing in a dark forest, with the stars twinkling and a girl crouching in a tree to the side. Maybe I could add a hell-hounds eyes into the shadows, and a girl like this one standing there.

Charlie's Wardrobe

Back to top Go down
Pinky

Pinky

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:15 am

"Okay! I'm Emily Morgan, daughter of Hormes, and I'm just trying to find something interesting." I said that while putting my hand out front with my palms facing her. There's no need to be snippy! but she's just trying to be safe I guess "And it was pretty cool for you to kill the hellhound one-handed. Now can you explain yourself?" I saw a few paint splatters on her pants, does she paint? She must be really good then, but i'm just guessing.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:57 am

I tilted my head, and thought that over. Hormes, God of Effort and Eagerness. She didn't look like a normal demi-god though. Why didn't she have a sword? Or even a knife or something? Strange.
I wondered should I tell her. After all, as I had just noticed, she didn't have a weapon. So it wouldn't be too hard to make a run for it. The girl didn't look like she could climb trees to well. Or maybe she could. I didn't know.
I sighed, and nodded my head at the girl.
'Charlo- Charlie Grandge. Daughter of Iris, Hunter of Artemis, Goddess of the Moon, Archery, Wild Beasts and The Hunt,' crap Charlie. You almost said Charlotte. Ew.
Looking to the sky, I imagined what the Hunters would be doing right now. Maybe having supper. Or hunting some new beast. They might not even be there when I got back. But I shook that thought away. Of course they would be there. I mean, they wouldn't just go.
Even if they did, I could track them. It would be fun. More art ideas could be found. More flowers. I blinked, clearing the daze from my eyes, and looking to the girl again. Mustn't keep doing that.
'I've killed plenty of hell-hounds. Their not so hard when you hit them with one direct arrow,' I let that sink in, and pulled out a small ball of playdoh from my pocket, kneading it. The stuff had been in my pocket for a few hours, so it was pretty hard. I couldn't remember what color it was. Green. That was it. But I usually just made little statues from it, flowers, heads, random things.
Barely thinking about it, I blurted out what was on my mind.
'Why do you not carry a sword or weapon of some sort? Wherever you go in the country or even just these woods, its pretty dangerous.'
I cursed slightly in my head, I mean, did I actually just say that? Evidently, yes.

Charlie's Wardrobe

Back to top Go down
Pinky

Pinky

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:21 am

"Yeah, to tell you the truth, I really didn't think about that." I said it while scratching my head while laughing nervously. And why didn't I think about bringing a weapon! I'm so stupid!
I was busy insulting myself that I hadn't notice her take out some clay and kneading it. Judging from the way she kneads it, it must be a bit hard. But why would she take it out?
I moved a bit closer to her slowly, hoping that she won't point her arrow at me. "Um, do you like sculpting with clay?"

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:11 am

I bristled slightly as the girl...Emily, moved closer to me. Jeez. It wasn't like we were friends. But I didn't move away, instead just keeping on my guard, tensing. If she made a hostile move, well it wasn't like she could take me with the experience I had.
Saying that though, her father was Hormes. She could have any number of skills, and I wouldn't know until it came to blows.
I was stuck in thought when she asked me a question.
'Huh? Oh, do I like to sculpt? I like most forms of art. Painting, sculpting, sketching, just drawing. There's something....bigger about it all. I mean, sure, people visit art museums and such. But not many understand the art. They just see swirls, and squares, and colors. Some can see the actual picture. A field, for example, with only one person working in it. But not many would understand that the artist felt alone...alone and smothered. That he painted the picture, showing how he stood all alone, and worked so hard, but was smothered by all of the wheat growing. People don't really see how deep the painting is,' I took a breath, looking around at the darkness that seemed to be growing.
'I always carry a small piece of playdoh. If I make a small little sculpture, I can go home and paint or sculpt it properly when there's time for it. Its fun. And its also letting me always carry an arty thing. I mean, I can't carry an easel and paint around so that when I get inspiration I can paint. And I can't carry proper clay around, because it would go hard. Not that I haven't tried, but it didn't work out well.'
I slowly kneaded it as I talked, and at the end of my sentence, found that it was soft now. A grin faintly on my face, I pulled a lump from it, and pressed it with my index finger and thumb, leaving impressions of my fingerprints on each side.

Charlie's Wardrobe

Back to top Go down
Pinky

Pinky

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:03 am

"Wow, that was really...." I tried to look for a word to described it "....Deep" Yeah, I finally found a word for it. I didn't say it JUST because she had a lot of words to say, (okay, maybe a little) but she was right, all people see are lines and shapes, only people who REALLY understood art know its meaning. Wow, I didn't know where that came from.
"So, what are you sculpting now?" I really didn't get what she was making, but since she was kneading it easily now, it was probably more softer. She started indenting her fingerprints on it. Now I'm really not sure what she's making.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:11 am

'Could really be anything right now. Mostly, just shapes and lines at the minute. I just like to have it one me. You know, a little piece of playdoh that I can mess around with when I get bored,' I smiled, and then realized all of what I had said.
'Not that its boring here. Its much more interesting than being on my own. I just fiddle with it anyways. If I come up with an idea, I'll let you know.'
I thought for a little while then.
She was a half-blood. Most likely from Camp, unless she was only on her way there. her name was Emily Morgan. I could even check her out later if I wanted. Her father was Hormes. That was interesting. Something I hadn't expected. Spirit of Eagerness and Effort, as I had remembered earlier. And she was just looking for something "Interesting". Well that was interesting in its self.
I rubbed the tattoo mural on my right arm, stroking one of the many designs. It was still getting darker around us, the shadows converging and seeming to grow stronger, heavier, thicker. If one was afraid of the dark and of the woods, then it would seem almost suffocating. At least I thought it would, I mean, I wasn't scared of the things in the dark. Most of them were afraid of the Hunters after-all.
It was starting to get chilly now. As in chilly, rub your arms and think about turning into an ice cube chilly. Even as a Hunter, I could feel the shift in temperature.
Slowly, I pulled my green jacket from around my waist, where I had almost forgotten I had tied it, and shrugged it on, covering my arms and "Keep Calm And Play Ball" T-Shirt.
'The whole thing is almost like a Nyx kid and a Khione kid started to have a fight,' I laughed, thinking it myself.
The Nyx kid would've been making the shadow deeper, more tangible, while the Khione kid would be making the temperature drop. Actually, thinking it, the whole sentence I had just said didn't really make sense. Oh well. It seemed like a good idea at the time. As do many things.

Charlie's Wardrobe

Back to top Go down
Pinky

Pinky

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:33 am

Wow, was it getting chilly? By looking at her, apparently yes. I started to rub my arms for the sake of getting warm "Why is it getting chilly?"
It was cold, but why is it chilly? It was the middle summer! This isn't normal, maybe it's because it was getting dark. The shadows were lower and darker now.
That was probably it, there's nothing wrong with it.
I watched her pull her green jacket from her waist. At least she has a jacket! all I have was a sleeveless shirt and jean shorts! This wasn't my lucky day. "At least you have a jacket." I said it while clutching my arms tightly. It was getting colder now.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:39 am

I rubbed my covered arms, still pretty sure that it was getting colder. Almost like Stygian Iron. Or Stygian Ice. So cold, that its hard to feel anything. Okay, over statement of the year, maybe. But it was gonna go that way if it didn't start warming up. Sighing, I smiled at Emily, and took off my jacket.
'Here. Take it. Your gonna need it more than I will,' I said, holding it out to her.
I kept smiling at the girl, but I wondered. I mean, she seemed normal. So why was she out here. Looking for something interesting didn't bring you deep into the woods. No. It brought you to the Arts and Crafts room, the Climbing Wall, the Beach. If she was caught out when she got back to the Camp, the Harpies would surely catch her.
The mural on my arm started to tingle. As in, a tingle that went all the way up my arm, and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Like someone walked over your grave. Or was watching you.
I let the jacket fall through my fingers, turning to see...nothing. Nothing, and a whole lot of nothing looking at me.
Once more, the sensation I had had just disappeared as I turned. As in, something had moved away. Something, or another hell-hound.
Shush Charlie. It could be anything. Your taking off your jacket and giving it to someone else. I'm sure that your not gonna freeze to death.
Forgetting about the playdoh I held, I put it straight into my pants front pocket, and pulled an arrow from my quiver. At least I was half-way ready if anything came out. Looking at Emily, I laughed slightly.
'You should get a heavy stick or something. At least then you can protect yourself.'
I had realized slightly why she wasn't allowed to have a sword. She would be deadly with one, full of Battle cry's and the likes.

Charlie's Wardrobe

Back to top Go down
Pinky

Pinky

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:13 am

"Uh, Okay." I agreed with her. Why hadn't I brought a sword when i'm going to go off campus, I mean, there could be more monsters out there. So I picked up the heaviest, lightest stick. And just now, I didn't realize how much it didn't make sense. Anyways, I held it tightly in my hands, and it were to fall off, I wouldn't know what to do.
"So, what do we do now?" I was hoping that she would respond "Let's get back to camp now" I was starting to her small noises, and I was getting a little scared now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]   The Dark and The Forest [Pinky] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark and The Forest [Pinky]
Page 1 of 1