Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

About the Staff Wipe Poll

Go down 
+14
Banana
Gazimu
summer
Charlie
Katie Firebird
selene
jessica
majesty
Prince Hawk
Arichu
FudgeeBear
jeromeof6
cher
Angel
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:31 am

A screenshot that was already bleeped out.

That's what.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:39 am

I feel that it is absolutely unnecessary to leave the names around. It causes dispute and people to be biased against each other, names thrown about. And for this issue, I believe we should follow the rules set -and I'm rephrasing this nicely- and there should be consequences for not abiding by the rules. It would be unfair to give leeway. Besides, the most absurd thing, is that we are on a virtual site. To risk breaking rules and getting worked up, hurt, for something so inconsequential? Is it possible to be more easy-going, and not be so negative? I'm talking about this controversy of CHB 'breaking down' as a whole.

Innately, this dispute is over nothing. It's basically ridiculous.

PS: Cherry, this is a PG site, no? ^.<

Last edited by Divergent~ on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
majesty

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:40 am

Ah. Well, that makes sense, that stuff about the phpBB. I just figured it was the same as one webs, where the sites have a copyright thin on the bottom. I don't know. :P
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:49 am

As the Lead Admin of THG, and recognizing the Copyright on the site's contents, including posts and chatbox conversations, I formally request the removal of these pictures as a violation of cet copyright.

-Gazimu
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:00 am

Guys. Guys. You know why we can't really accomplish things? We are always arguing with the small things to see the big picture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:58 am

Okay, they're copyright. Whatever you say. But now so many people know what happened. It won't make a difference.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:00 am

Doesn't matter, I'm still requesting they be removed.

Otherwise the Law can intervene.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:01 am

So it isn't because of that, and is genuinely just about you feeling like you need to enforce something like that? Okay. I believe you.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:06 am

if they are left up, everyone who hasnt yet seen it. will be able to log on and see it whenever they like, including all of the future members. and we dont need people seeing anything like that.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:07 am

~.Ā°ā€¢:Snolanda:ā€¢Ā°.~ wrote:
I've received a PM from one of the members telling me they're not comfortable with these pictures being up.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:09 am

Would you rather I ignore my members complaints or I remove the pictures that are an infringement of copyright?

I suppose if you guys would rather not comply with my request, that's your choice, and of course all that follows as a result is on you.

Your choice of course, It'd be much preferable if you'd just remove the images instead of arguing pointlessly.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:11 am

These pictures just show that the votes cannot be trusted because some may be false. Therefore the poll is incompetent and needs to be gotten rid of :D You wanting to remove these photos just confirms it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:13 am

We could, if Angel was on. I can't personally remove them, as I can't edit posts in this forum, nor the posts of an admin (though she isn't one anymore). I'm sure they'd be happy to remove them. I'll ask Snig. Also, why do they make them feel uncomfortable?
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:18 am

yes Dean, i have already admitted and accepted my mistake. I dont want to be held in this light forever, because of one moment of lack in judgement. If you wont respect the members of THG, i would at least expect you to respect one of your own members of CHB.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:25 am

No, me wanting to remove these photos prove I am doing something for my forum and trying to save CHB from being criminalized by Copyright Infringement.

By all means, leave them up, but blame yourselves for what may follow.

The member who complained feels uncomfortable because they were on chat at the time and does not enjoy having pictures with them in it posted without being asked first.

The pictures also prove nothing of the sort, they don't show anyone ordering anyone to do anything, they show people asking others who are also members here to go vote, and those members have the choice to not vote or vote no either way.

It also proves that some people are hypocrites for accusing anyone of spying on CHB chat when they are just members there to chat like anyone else, since now we have proof that someone, who will remain unnamed, acted as a spy for your side on THG.

Now, I'm fair, so the member who took the pictures and gave them to Angel will not be punished for the copyright infringement, because they seem like a good person who is just concerned about the site, but spying on our chat is not the answer, actually trying to have both sides work together, would likely have a better end result than doing spy work.

-Gazimu
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:28 am

Who said we don't respect them? It is unfortunate they were brought into this at all. Also, Gaz... you must admit, who ever did this did spy in order to take those screenshots, but members of your site willingly voted the way they were TOLD to vote, before being hugely disrespectful and truly making me feel as if they were mocking us. There are faults on both sides.

Also, Hawk, I am not blaming you here.

Last edited by Zelly on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:28 am

We did have both sides try to work together. We agreed to compromise, so long as we got to do our events first before the advisor took place. That's more than reasonable.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:29 am

Well, we got that far until the Staff Wipe Poll was opened. Just to please you; a fair amount of staff is leaving us when school starts. Mostly of what'll be left are just new admins. The rest will then be chosen by the members. Tadaaa, staff wipe. :)
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:43 am

Zelly wrote:
Who said we don't respect them? It is unfortunate they were brought into this at all. Also, Gaz... you must admit, who ever did this did spy in order to take those screenshots, but members of your site willingly voted the way they were TOLD to vote, before being hugely disrespectful and truly making me feel as if they were mocking us. There are faults on both sides.

Also, Hawk, I am not blaming you here.

No one said you don't respect them, and yes, two of my members did vote where they were asked, but they had all the choice in the world not to, its their choice and it is not cheating. Also, they were ASKED to vote, no one on THG has the right to Tell anyone else what to do unless it is a staff member enforcing a site rule, so it is Asking, the people involved had the choice. So, provide some proof of those members being disrespectful and supposedly 'mocking' you.

There are always faults on both sides, like in anything else. That should be expected, it doesn't act as an arguing point because its always there.

If we are going to speak on cheating, if you were to ask me, closing a poll because you don't like it when its going against you, could be considered cheating. It can also be viewed as closing a poll because someone believes it should not be there.

Just a small FYI, while we're at it, proposing a compromise is not working together, its a way to try and satisfy both sides because they AREN'T working together. We reached out to the Admins by having a meeting to bring up the issues. If the Admins wan't to start working to resolve all of this, they have to do their part and reach out to us.

telling me I have to leave the site and not come on to be eligible for legend status and then removing Sno as a legend to show I have to be inactive isn't reaching out, its being stubborn towards me and bullying Sno for no reason. Legends are defined by what they've done, not by when they log on. So drop the inactivity rule, it doesn't make sense, Legends can come back, doesn't make their contributions any less, so why should it lessen the legendary name they've made for themselves?

-Gaz
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:55 am

Your admin told them to vote "yes." The poll was closed because that is unfair, whether you like it or not. That's not asking, that's telling them to. I closed the poll because that influences the votes.

And we have a rule. Legends are people who don't often visit the site. Both you and Sno have been on the site quite a lot. And I told Sno it would be returned to him once he was inactive again. It's not bullying, it's the conditions to be a legend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:08 am

In our chat I did admit that I probably exaggerated a little bit. Okay, a lot. So forgive my strong wording. I have absolutely no way to read their minds, and see what was happening.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:25 am

When were the conditions added? They weren't in the creation of legends and there is nothing that says it. The legends group description is "To commemorate the legends of CHB". I see nothing about "Who have left us and don't come on anymore". What a rule like that does is says that because someone is still around, they don't deserve to be a Legend, that implies that their contributions are worth nothing until they go away. It makes no sense at all, how does it effect the worthiness of someone who has contributed, that they are still around? It doesn't mean they've done any less than the people in the Legends Group, what makes them more worthy than someone who has the potential to contribute more?

Now, saying that I will be made a legend when I leave is pointless, because if I don't leave, you remain stubborn with your activity garbage, and if I leave, more likely than not you 'forget' about it because of personal vendettas and I come back in a few months to say hi to old friends and see that I'm still yellow, and there we are with another lie.

How is it I spend a year coming on this site less than twice a month and don't get added to the legends group, despite having all of my contributions right there. Then I start coming on a bit more often, pushing to get other worthy members added, with success, as I watch Panda, Max, Hunter and Jehowell go up from my efforts, 4 of Sno's 5 suggestions for legend status, the 5th being me. Then, at the meeting much later between the admins, Sno, and myself, Sno proposes my addition to the Legends group, and its a yes from everyone despite our past conflicts, so I wasn't too active then but I'm too active now and somehow I was too active over the year I was gone. How exactly does that work, hmm?
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:48 am

Gaz, no disrespect intended, but is the Legend status a big deal? It happened to Ghost too, he didn't say a thing. Though I don't get how exactly the system works either, isn't it commendable enough to be remembered as an avid contributor to CHB in the our minds? For me, I hear about you, and I look at your name above posts, and you resemble someone like Crispy or Sno to me. The feeling that you were a past admin whom I respect. I believe most members feel the same way...
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:56 am

Summer~ wrote:
Gaz, no disrespect intended, but is the Legend status a big deal? It happened to Ghost too, he didn't say a thing. Though I don't get how exactly it works, isn't it good enough to be remembered as an avid contributor to CHB in the our minds? For me, I hear about you, and I look at your name above posts, and you resemble someone like Crispy or Sno to me. The feeling that you were a past admin.

Ghost was added and then removed, I have never been added. Considering I am another member who helped keep the site from dying when we had no Admins makes me want to be honored for it, especially when thats only one of the things I've done. Most of all, I am not remembered as an Avid contributor, as most members don't know what I did because it all simply predates the day they joined. As evidenced by you saying my name gives the feeling that I was a past Admin, when I have never been a CHB staff member in all my days here.

No offence to you, I see what you are attempting and I get how it would normally make sense, but in my particular case, there is no evidence pointing towards members of this site remembering me for anything I ever did.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:00 am

Yeah I have no idea what you did.

And Ghost was added by one admin, and nobody else agreed with it or understood why it was done. Hence his removal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About the Staff Wipe Poll
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next