Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

About the Staff Wipe Poll

Go down 
+14
Banana
Gazimu
summer
Charlie
Katie Firebird
selene
jessica
majesty
Prince Hawk
Arichu
FudgeeBear
jeromeof6
cher
Angel
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

About the Staff Wipe Poll Empty
PostSubject: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:20 am

So recently, I believed that things were being handled well. I saw a compromise wanting to be worked out, I saw both sides starting to agree for once.
And then the staff wipe topic came about. Now normally, I would not stand up against this. Everyone is entitled to have their opinion on what should happen.
However, when THG is being used as a way to get posts for the staff wipe, then I have to say something.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's one thing to tell people to just vote, but it's another to have an admin tell them to vote yes. Things were being resolved, a compromise was suggested and agreed upon by people! When did it become okay to tell people how to vote?

Last edited by Angel on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:28 am

Wow.

Just.

Wow.
Back to top Go down
jeromeof6

jeromeof6

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:33 am

About the Staff Wipe Poll 23994119
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:37 am

Hawk, you do not need to campaign. This is not politics, asdfghjkl!
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Arichu

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:37 am

Removed

Last edited by Arichu on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jeromeof6

jeromeof6

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:38 am

About the Staff Wipe Poll 0
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:39 am

This was a very serious lack of judgement on my behalf, and i would just like to apologize, i never meant to hurt anyone.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
majesty

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:51 am

Polls are anonymous... if people really didn't want to vote 'yes' on a poll that someone told them to vote on, they wouldn't... just saying, as to the best of my knowledge. I really don't want to start any conflict. For instance, I voted for the same opinion Sorella had, but not because that was her opinion. It's what I honestly think would be best for your site. I'm sure other people probably had the same feeling or would if they were to come across this in chat. Also, I think you should blur the ages... some people might not want that stuff out there, just saying. Oh, and now I see Chiiyoko's was censored... nevermind. That was a really good decision on your part to block the age, and I support it. :) Still, I don't love that the images were posted here. It's a different site, different story, etc. I really don't want to start any conflict with this, I promise, I just want to state my opinion. Please, please, don't take this the wrong way. :)

About the Staff Wipe Poll Tumblr_m7zqwvE46Z1rouyn1o1_500

Anyway... erm... bye...
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:51 am

I care.

You know why? It's not because of the numbers. It's the intentions.

Do they hate the character mods so much that they will tell people to vote on ANOTHER site?

The intentions hurt, Jess.

The fact that nobody is taking this seriously makes me want to rip my hair out.

Jess, you of all people should understand what I'm talking about.

I try to forgive and forget, but this is just too much.

Too. Fcking. Much.

I don't enjoy being a drama lama\queen, but this is just too much.

There may be a few who disagree, I can't stop you from voting, but there's something called peer pressure.

Last edited by Cher on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:53 am

I deleted my post because I realized that it might hurt someone ^ ^
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:53 am

Recently the administration team has come up with a new set of rules for the CL elections. It states that members are not allowed to: ask for votes, campaign in anyway, or request nomination.
I would view this instance as asking for votes. Due to the rules that apply for CL elections, something much less serious than an admin wipe, I think that that rule would apply in this scenario.
Back to top Go down
jeromeof6

jeromeof6

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:55 am

Back to top Go down
majesty

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:57 am

^ That's a great song right there, Jer. Especially since I showed it to you. xD

I think we could all learn something from it.

About the Staff Wipe Poll Puppy_kitten

LIVE IN PEACE AND HARMONY. <3 (Imagine CHB as the puppy and THG as the kitten.) Hugs. :3
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:01 am

That song is not by Bob Marley, if you didn't know. It's my Bobby McFerrin.
And no. We can't all use some learning from that. Because we're not all happy.
Can't you fcking understand that.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:02 am

Selene, despite the stressful situation, can you please refrain from using the phrase "fcking"? I understand you're upset, but even removing letters of swear words, or "bleeping" them out is still frowned upon.

And Majesty, I have no problem with THG. I myself am a member of the site and I think it's a great community.

Last edited by Angel on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:03 am

I've received a PM from one of the members telling me they're not comfortable with these pictures being up.

Thus, infringing the copyright of "The Hunger Games RP" I issue a 24 hour takedown notice from the time of this posting. Please remove the pictures.

Last edited by ~.°•:Snolanda:•°.~ on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:06 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
jeromeof6

jeromeof6

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:04 am

just put a smile on your face selene, no matter, what the reason, a big old smile is just in season, so dont worry be happy
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:13 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:17 am

Could I possibly ask for a proof of copyright? Also, I would like to ask.. How would one copyright a forumotion site? Cause I had no idea that you could do that. xD And it'd be good to remember if I ever decide to make a forum or something.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:18 am

Guys you realize we use copyrighted pictures for everything on this rp site. Face claims, etc.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:22 am

© [Date] [Owner/Author]

In this case CHB would be © July 2009 "Sirena"

Pictures that you find through Google are what are called as Public Domain. Indicating that the author has allowed Google to use these pictures, as Admins would know when they apply for the Google Bot to be registered for their site.

The proof of copyright can be found at the bottom of the "Rules" page on THG
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
majesty

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:25 am

I know Angel, I didn't mean you in particular. :) Just how the site has a lot of overlapping users and whatnot.

Also, if you scroll to the bottom, it says (c) phpBB or something. The site is automatically copyrighted.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:27 am

That's the coding copyright.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:29 am

Sno google images aren't public domain. If you look at an image when you click on it to preview it says images may be under copyright or something along those lines. But why are we arguing about copyright laws.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:31 am

It belongs to phpBB, not the forum itself when it says "© phpBB "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the Staff Wipe Poll   About the Staff Wipe Poll I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About the Staff Wipe Poll
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: