Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Sea and The Storm (Summer)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

The Sea and The Storm (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: The Sea and The Storm (Summer)   The Sea and The Storm (Summer) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:20 am

The Sea and The Storm (Summer) 232830f417b529eafc51c73c71d9460d

Mocha was eating a few leaves by the side of the clearing, and I was sitting, picking at my nails.
Deciding to come out her might have been a bad idea. But I was bored.
Nudging me, Mocha neighed, and I patted her black blotch on her head.
A small rustle in the bush across the clearing made me snap up, looking across. Nothing was there though, and I sighed, patting Mocha on her black neck.
'You're a good girl aren't you,' I smiled, rubbing her.

Anyanka's Outfit - http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=54273923
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: The Sea and The Storm (Summer)   The Sea and The Storm (Summer) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:40 am

The Sea and The Storm (Summer) YcnqV

"The thing about riding like this, is that you grip with your legs." Cookie lifted her hands and waved them in the air while easing Nightshade into a fast canter, emphasizing her point. She slowed down for Brooke to catch up. "You have to relax too. Kind of... be with the horse. You can communicate with them. I'd give anything to be able to do that, so try to stop falling off." She turned the midnight black horse around to watch Brooke, encouraging her.

The Sea and The Storm (Summer) Vp3A1

Brooklyn tried to copy her friend's movements. She tightened her grip, pressing her knees into the flank of the bay she was riding. "Okay, so here goes." She was about to try what Cookie did, when the horse she was riding spoke up. Again.

Yeah, you should really forget whatever mortals teach you, Cinnamon complained in her head.

Oh come on, Cinna, I rode okay for my entire life.

That was with a saddle, sister. Bareback is different, you ought to know that by now.

And Brooklyn had to admit that. It was way different than she expected. For one thing, a saddle keeps you.. well.. on the saddle. But bareback, you slide to the side with no harness to secure you. It may be convenient in emergencies, not having to saddle a horse, but if you were an amateur at this, you'd easily get trampled if you fall off at high speed. So this sort of thing can be dangerous too, she thought wryly.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: The Sea and The Storm (Summer)   The Sea and The Storm (Summer) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:48 am

[Anyanka Harris - Daughter of Zeus]

Mocha snorted as I hopped onto her back. Bareback, but only cause there had been no saddles left when I got into the stables.
Flicking the reins ever so slightly, my black filly bolted forwards.
As she galloped, the tree's and foliage passed by in a blur.
'Keep going baby!' I said as light as I could to Mocha.
Soon, we slowed to a trot, the branches and roots on the ground too much that we could continue at full speed.
Mocha was breathing heavily, and I patted her on the side. That was when I spotted the girl riding the bay horse. Checking her out, I urged Mocha to slow so we wouldn't be seen if there was any luck in the world.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: The Sea and The Storm (Summer)   The Sea and The Storm (Summer) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:58 am

Brooklyn then focused hard and told Cinnamon to go. He cantered off, overtaking Nightshade, Cookie's midnight black pegasus, which had stopped a few moments ago. "Whoa, stop!" Cinnamon slowed down to a trot, and by that time, Cookie had already caught up with her. "I guess it wasn't that difficult," she laughed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Brooke's horse set off at a sudden with no visible command. I wish I could communicate with horses too. Cookie then brushed that thought aside and nudged Nightshade forward, picking up pace. "Way to go, Brook." She knew Brooke only had a problem with nerves, and was totally capable of riding any horse. But Cookie was still the expert at riding. Riding anything in particular, gave someone thrill-seeking like her, satisfaction.

Ahead, she saw someone approaching. Unsure of who, Cookie looked through the evening mist and saw a figure of a girl on her horse. "Oh hello."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: The Sea and The Storm (Summer)   The Sea and The Storm (Summer) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:57 am

[Anyanka Harris - Daughter of Zeus]

I smiled, and urged Mocha over to the two girls.
'Hi. Anyanka Harris, Daughter of Zeus.'
I introduced myself mainly cause they seemed okay. Demigods like me. One of them reminded me of Vivienne in some way.
'So. What are you all doing out here?' I asked, moving from introductions to explanations swiftly.
There was such noise around us. Natural forest dwellers, and ... other things. The cold blade of my hunga-munga froze against my thigh, and the reassuring band of my bracelet made me a little calmer.
Mocha grunted, and shook her mane roughly, and I found myself thinking about some long ago conversation.

'Can horses sense danger?' I asked Dawn, rubbing down her filly, Lite.
'I think so. Like, the prick their hears and stuff. They can hear and see much better than us.'
I smiled. My sister was smart, and in some ways, I trusted what she said and thought.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: The Sea and The Storm (Summer)   The Sea and The Storm (Summer) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:13 am

Cookie was suddenly distracted from the introduction by a sound not far off. Nightshade shook her mane, and looked at the two horses with an odd gaze. Cookie then turned back and noticed it, but brushed it off. Who knows exactly what horses think? Then a pang shot through her. Brooke could. Any daughter or son of Poseidon could. She stared into space, eyes glazing over, immersed in her thoughts.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Brooklyn saw that Cookie had gone into that fourth dimension of hers again, and replied instead. "I'm Brook, daughter of Poseidon, and she's Cookie." Cookie snapped out of her daydream at the mention of her name, and nodded once, vision misting over again. "She was helping me in my riding skills, which to say, aren't exactly that superior," Brooklyn admitted sheepishly. She could hear random comments from Cinnamon, and the other horses. But she didn't say anything. "So... What are you two doing out here?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sea and The Storm (Summer)   The Sea and The Storm (Summer) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sea and The Storm (Summer)
Page 1 of 1