Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:24 am

The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 Caleb-150x150
Caleb Austin Wright
Son of Momus

Caleb raised his eyebrows in surprise as June told him not to bully the kid. Wasn't she supposed to maybe help with that? She didn't look like the type to defend children. Well, maybe it was because the boy was a big help to them. Or it might have been the snake venom kicking in. Caleb would've loved to wonder about the cause of June's niceness, but the more pressing issue was his slowly dwindling energy. It was almost a relief when June started to support him instead of the other way around. Though it was costing him his pride to look weak, Caleb knew that he wasn't in the place to argue about who will carry who. His breaths came out in uneven intervals now and his feet simply preferred to be dragged across the rough ground. But he can't give up like this. He just can't. Pushing his legs to at least move, Caleb sucked in a deep breath and clenched his teeth at the sudden soreness coming from his feet.

"People already hate me. It won't make a difference if they hate me even more," he muttered in-between gasps of breath. His forehead creased in worry at the states they were in. He could tell that June was having trouble walking straight. Her own legs weren't accustomed to carrying both their weights. How much longer can they remain this way? He didn't want to know the answer to that. Finally arriving at a decision, Caleb tightened his hold on June and dug the soles of his bloody shoes into the ground, making them both stop. "I think we'd last longer if we rested," he told her in a brisk whisper. "We lose more of our remaining energy if we keep on walking like this. Besides, you already sent the kid to the infirmary. With some luck he won't screw up and succeed in bringing the healers like you said."

Trying to regain his lost strength, Caleb sighed and just stood there with his arm around June. It felt to him like there was minimal hope in both of them ending up in privacy like this. With the gods plotting ways to get them away from each other, he had seriously considered the possibility that this was his last meeting with June. The thought formed a small lump in his throat that almost prevented him from talking. "Well, we might as well get a move on with those... 'Caleb Talks.'" His lips twitched up in a smirk.

"I don't give a crap if you're trustworthy or not. If it was another person, I'd rather to keep to myself, but since it's you, well, let's just say that you're different from the rest." Listening to himself speak made the tips of his ears turn red and he cleared his throat in slight embarrassment. "I mean, none of the others have sociopathic tendencies. And apparently, you're someone I knew from the past, so that's another factor. Don't you feel so special?"

He paused thoughtfully, trying to think but his clouded mind was already starting to shut down. Just great. Why did it have to do that when he needed it the most? As he was about to curse himself for being like this, a recent memory resurfaced and it was enough to give him something to talk about again. "Do you kiss everyone as a 'thank you', Prenston? Is it a habit of yours?" he said nonchalantly, his eyes trying to read hers.

((You sleep so late xD You might turn into an insomniac or something, lol))
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:18 am

The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 Tumblr_ls37caR9DP1ql7q2f
June Prenston -- ares

Once Caleb stopped walking, June made it her goal not to protest. She was equally as exhausted, but the thought of putting all their marbles in the same bag as some random kid scared her. It was up to the little Squirt, now. "Fine. We can stop. It'll help your breathing." June slouched against Caleb as her eyelids became heavy, forcing herself to think of anything she could to keep herself awake. Shutting her eyes only worsened things, though, so June opened them again and stared at Caleb, rolling her eyes when he began trying to work into a miniature interview.

"I'm not in the mood for a Caleb Talk," June scoffed whilst pursing her lips. She was opposed to the sentimental feelings time, but as Caleb continued, the girl softened up and began to listen. "You can have respect for someone, but if you don't have trust, your friendship will crumble," June mindlessly quoted. It seemed like the new normal between the two--proving points by repeating others. "But yes, you make me feel like one special girl, Knives." June batted her eyelashes and faked a giddy giggle.

"Honestly? That means a lot, though, Knives. No one else ever talks to me like I'm worth their time. I'm not exactly kind to most other people, but . . . just . . . it really means a lot." June let go of Caleb and crossed her arms, symbolically blocking herself off from everything else. She felt exposed. It was one of the many strange emotions Caleb made her feel. "And whether you mean it or not I appreciate it." The demigod mumbled this, not wanting to offend Caleb with her over critical remark. "I believe you, but I've been lied to a lot. There have been so many people in my life that . . . just don't care like you do." June's voice broke and her bottom lip quivered as she locked eyes with Caleb and shook her head. She was again reminded of the bracelet that her friend held. It erased all doubt, but also disoriented the daughter of Ares.

As her legs wobbled, June made the decision to sit down, tugging on Caleb's sleeve so that he would follow suit. "I'm getting better," she continued, a spark in her eye as Caleb mentioned sociopaths. "But that's exactly the problem. I'm just getting better, I'm not better yet." June shrugged, still observing the boy next to her.

When Caleb brought up the kiss, June went pale. She shook her head at his question, blushing. "Nope. You're the only person I've ever thanked. And the only person I've apologized to. And, wait for it, the only person whose cared about me. Don't you feel so special." June poked her friend in the ribs and smirked. "And you're going to have to talk to me about the Zeus girl I forgot to ask about sooner or later." June rocked in her seat, her eyes twinkling as the sun hit her. She was feeling rather at peace, and maybe even slightly mischievous on the isolated plain. "You can wait, but one day, you'll talk." June flashed Caleb a lopsided grin and leaned forward, giggling. Was she . . .? She was giggling.

Something inside the daughter of Ares told her it wasn't the venom making her laugh. It was the effortless friendship she had built up with the kid she had attacked . . . twice was it? No one could ever expect June and Caleb to become close. Not only was family lineage a barrier, but fate wasn't on their side. Yet, there they were, sitting together and talking. It made June's heart swell, which caused June's cheeks to turn a bright pink. "You're different, too. I guess that's why I . . . thanked you. If you still want an explanation."

June looked away from Caleb and rubbed the back of he neck uncomfortably, her lopsided grin morphing into a small smile. "Do you think we're going to be okay?" the girl finally asked, looking back at Caleb. Her eyes reflected her real concern for the both of them. She wasn't ready to let her friendship slip away, and even if it did, she wasn't ready to let either of their lives slip away. "Because I'm feeling less and less . . . sure." June reached out to Caleb as she had done before, looking for comfort. She felt lost, and she wanted to find somewhere to be safe. Mostly, she wanted the ache in her gut to go away.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:55 am

Caleb Austin Wright
Son of Momus

A soft sigh escaped his lips as he went to sit on the ground, spending a few minutes readjusting his position until his legs didn't hurt. Slightly startled by the sight of June reaching out for him, Caleb just remained still and not knowing the right thing to do. She looked like she needed a hug, but he wasn't sure if he was the right person to give it to her. But whatever his brain thought was subdued when he pulled her into a one-armed hug, squeezing her once before letting go just as quickly. These friendly gestures were still new to him, and if he did any of them before he sure couldn't remember anything of the sort. He let a moment of silence pass before looking back at her, shrugging the hug off like it was nothing. "You want me to be honest?" he deadpanned, but continued without waiting for an answer. "No. We're not going to be okay. This is different. These are the gods we're up against."

Saying that made it seem so real and strangely brought over a wave of sorrow to the boy. Caleb turned away, staring off at no particular point in the distance. "I feel so special," he said in response to her previous remarks, sarcasm dripping from each word he said. Carefully skirting around the topic of the daughter of Zeus, Caleb continued, "Well isn't this grand? The two not-so-kind campers actually being friends. I won't be surprised if we made it to the news."

Suddenly remembering the little boy, he turned to the direction he took and worried only slightly. If Ares was against the two of them so bad, would he do something to the kid so that he won't reach the infirmary? Suddenly, the idea of staying still didn't sound so good. What if their only hope for recovery was attacked by a snake? Or a couple of rabid dogs? What was Caleb thinking--putting his trust on that nameless kid? His decision to stop was foolish. But what can he do now, with both of his and June's conditions deteriorating? As foolish as it sounded, it didn't look like they had any alternatives. Continuing on would only result to one of them passing out. Maybe this way was better. At least it guaranteed them a few more minutes in each other's company. Because with the rate the things were going, Caleb was certain that he won't see June again. The strongest friendship he actually worked on was already starting to crumble into nothingness. Just thinking that made his stone heart clench in his chest.

Fighting the urge to close his eyes and just slip away, Caleb ran June's words through, trying to think of something to keep the conversation going and at the same time steering it away from a certain daughter of Zeus. "Well, 'getting better' is better than nothing," he said, his eyes on the 'dangerous' bracelet he now held in his hands. "Am I in danger of you snapping right now? Because that would be an interesting way to turn the tides." His eyes wore an amused gleam from behind his glasses. What if it really happened though, he can't help but wonder. Would he be able to talk June out of it? He had been able to take her bracelet off after all. It meant something, at least.

((lololol I have no idea what I just wrote))
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:40 am

June Prenston -- ares

"You're wrong--" June tried to protest at Caleb's weak decision, but the attempt was futile. He was right, after all. 'June, don't talk yourself out of having hope. You're stronger,' the daughter of Ares thought to herself before the hug cut off her thoughts. She hadn't been expecting it, and it took a few seconds for it to sink in. Caleb had grown a heart. Unable to speak, June simply stared forward and nodded through whatever it was he happened to be saying. It was something mocking, and June decided she didn't really want to hear it. Something about feeling special.

June shook her head as she face event pale. "I don't want to deal with being in the news. Gossip columns are just annoying. But you're right, we're just so popular around camp." June chuckled and looked over at Caleb, which caused her to laugh a little harder. As she quieted down, the demigod stroked her chin. "So this is how friends behave?" June cracked a smile and winked, sucking in a deep breath as needed. It felt like a heavy steam had clouded her nostrils, preventing easy breathing. "Friends in hospitals . . ."

Watching Caleb worry over the boy, June sighed. "Stop stressing yourself out. You're going to make yourself worse . . ." Putting her hand over Caleb's, June tried her best to calm her friend down. "If he doesn't come soon . . . then whatever. The gods didn't win. I doubt they want to lose two strong fighters. That won't benefit them." June narrowed her eyes and looked towards the sky. She couldn't describe the emotions she was feeling at the time. It was something like a mix of anger and bravery. She could face her death if she had to, but she wasn't exactly comfortable with Caleb sinking with her.

"Is it? Is it really?" June countered, feeling suddenly furious. "I should be better by now. Getting better, at this rate, is all I'll ever be able to hope for. I can't answer your question. I don't know if I'll snap." June closed her eyes and adjusted herself so that she was laying down. "If I do, promise me you won't leave," June mumbled, looking almost peacefully asleep, except for the fact that she wasn't. "No, promise me you'll come back. If we get that chance . . . Please don't lose me." Opening one eye, June looked over Caleb, who appear weak. "Try and get away. You don't look so good. If I hurt you anymore there will be some reevaluating on my part. I will reconsider this if you run the risk of death beyond what we have now."

The daughter of Ares curled her bottom lip into a snarl and rolled onto her back. The sky was slowly getting darker. "It's been a few hours since our injuries, Cae. This isn't safe. There isn't much hope. I would suggest praying . . . but I don't know what kind of god deals with . . . this. My faith has been too shaken lately." The ground was comfortable, but it required more of a battle just to keep from disappearing.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:02 am

Caleb Austin Wright
Son of Momus

Chuckling weakly at the popular comment, Caleb cast a wary glance around as if looking for an audience. He wouldn't be surprised if he spotted a pair of eyes watching them right now. As if they were some sort of twisted entertaining movie for anyone to watch without discretion. No doubt there would be some Aphrodite kids out there checking out the latest piece of gossip that would soon circulate around camp. Speaking of the love god's children, Caleb knew that kids like that probably expected them to do something stupid at this point, like kiss. He snorted. Like that was about to happen. "Well, guess you're right. Not hospitals though. More in the lines of a deserted path just on the way to one. Not the best place to be in with our conditions, I'm sure."

He couldn't suppress a smirk, ceasing to worry about the boy just like that. June reminded him that they were a force to be reckoned with and with the Titan war looming ever so closer, it was a given that they would be spared at least until the very moment the war comes. They were great assets, June and him, he liked to think. "Valid point. They'll surely lose the war if we're not around," he said cockily, the volume of his voice growing weaker as he struggled to maintain his breathing. He leaned forward, placing his elbows on his knees and his hand cupping the side of his face.

"I doubt I'd be able to leave you with this state I'm in," Caleb commented wryly, barely containing a teasing edge to his tone. "Is that a subtle attempt to get me to leave you alone, Prenston? Sorry to say it isn't working." Only then did he turn his head to look at June. Anxiety flickered across his face for a split-second before he reached over and vigorously shook her shoulder with one hand. "Didn't I tell you not to sleep? Don't even try. Keep your eyes open. Keep talking."

It didn't sound like a good request when he continued to defy his own advice. Caleb's speech was getting slurred now, the exhaustion washing over him in waves. But he wasn't about to give up just yet. "Forget praying. If this is the gods' will, nothing we can do can change their minds." He let his words sink in with a heavy heart. It was so unfair! Why did they have to suffer like this? Why? Where was his father Momus now? Laughing along with the others as he watched the show unfold? Caleb shook with unsupressed anger directed to his immortal parent. Useless, good-for-nothing father he was. His rage overpowering the dreary state of his body, Caleb let loose incoherent mutters under his breath, speaking fast in purpose so that June wouldn't understand a thing he was saying. Mostly it was just about him cursing in Greek at Ares and Momus. It didn't occur to him how his actions could even fuel the gods' desire to see him and June in pain. Besides, they were already suffering. What could be worse?

Through the semi-darkness Caleb saw the vague outlines of people coming in, a small familiar-looking figure leading them to the two. At first he couldn't believe it, but there was no mistaking the Aphrodite kid from earlier urgently motioning for the other kids to move faster. "Prenston," he muttered audibly as a warning as he tugged on the girl's shirt. Were they saved at last?

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 1:09 am

June Prenston -- ares

June murmed a slur of english and Greek cuss words before complying to Caleb's demand. She figured it probably wouldn't be much longer before they either died, or the kid returned. "I don't do subtle," June replied, a saucy smirk finding it's way to her face. "Usually I'm pretty blunt." As she shrugged, the daughter of Ares looked up at the sky, attempting to count the almost visible stars. It was pretty late, and that kid hadn't shown up yet. She was having to keep herself awake after just suffering through one of her most violent attacks yet, and trying to keep Caleb hopeful. Neither of them were, though. That was apparent in the weak looks on their faces. Only the chance of them being spared to fight kept the duo from giving up, at least from June's point of view.

Being told not to pray was a little different for June. "Does the real God listen to prayers like this?" June thought aloud, still glancing up at the sky. "I'm not usually a religious person, but at this point, it's hard to breathe." Taking another deep and weary breath to prove her point, the girl dropped her head and sigh heavily. "I need some hope to latch onto," June whispered, mostly to herself. "Nothing's happening. If I was that squirt, things would be getting done around here. Good for nothing kid . . ." June scowled, her head still hung low. It was her fault they weren't able to rely on themselves. She was to blame for Caleb's death.

Suddenly getting her shirt pulled snapped June to attention and she shot her friend a nasty glare, before following his gaze to the little kid hurrying a small group along. She had to rub her eyes to make sure she was seeing correctly, but she was, unless the gods were just being cruel again. Looking back at Caleb, June almost squealed, but managed to suppress the urge. "Well would you look at that! Guess I was wro--I mean, guess Squirt finally decided to show up!" The daughter of Ares flashed her friend a giddy smile before looking back at the herd making it's way towards them.

Shapes molded into other shapes as June tried to focus, and she grew dizzy trying to make out faces. She could assume the small scrawny boy was their helper, but she couldn't for the life of her decide who was in tow. They weren't making any attempts to hurry and save the two children struggling to stay alive, instead walking at an almost leisurely pace. "If those are healers, they probably don't believe the kid. June and Caleb, wounded and together. Because they sure don't seem to be trying to save us ASAP." June rubbed her neck before looking to Caleb again. This time she was furrowing her brows, her mouth a small crescent of a frown. "Can you see? See who they are?" How ironic. The daughter of Ares was asking the blind kid if he could figure out who was with the boy. Venom did weird things to any situation. "Because my eyes must be screwed up. I can't focus in anything. Except you, and that twig, and the rest of the close stuff."

June tried again to see who was coming, but gave up and rested against Caleb, her brain begging for some rest. It wanted to shut off and stop fighting the venom. "It's getting . . . so much worse," June winced, grabbing her head frantically and trying to erase the pain. Every emotion June had ever felt struggled for dominance as she sat on the ground, trying to take control. She wasn't going to go crazy. They had to be so close. Everything was going to get better any minute now, if she didn't have an attack. As her brain switched from pyscho to angry to scared, the teenager let lose a loud shriek. It was painful to fight all of the personalities, and she wasn't sure what was going on. There was also a sort of programmed dullness sinking into June. That had to be the venom. It was more painful than her anger or sociopathic personalities, and the frightened regular June was so weak.

"Caleb--" June gasped, looking up for just long enough to catch the boy's gaze. "I don't want you to leave . . ." As she fought the violent side of herself, June grabbed at the dirt around her, managing not to reach for Caleb. She would hurt him, that much was obvious from the strength she currently possessed. She was strongest when she was crazy. Still, June fought against everything. She wanted her hear to shut up, and she wanted to be able to cooperate with something. Everything in her head slurred together as June shrieked again, desperately trying to grab anything but Caleb. She needed something to hold onto, but she could only latch onto dirt.

"Someone help me!" June screamed, shutting her eyes tightly and keeping another shriek suppressed. "Someone help Caleb!" June's mind was fuzzy, but she somehow remembered her friend. Her best friend. The boy that was suffering by her side. When nothing happened, June dug her hands into the dirt and tried to keep from sobbing, but a few tears still leaked out of her eyes. It was impossible to hold them back. She felt like she had been struck by lighting, light on fire, then locked in a freezer full of water. She couldn't breathe, she was burning and cold, and her head was spinning and aching. It didn't stop. As long as June was fighting both the venom and psycho mode, the pain continued, and she couldn't go crazy. She needed to stay in the same world as everyone else in order to keep everyone safe. Caleb had already said he was in no condition to get away, and she wouldn't be able to keep them venom down if she didn't know what was happening inside her head.

Spilling several more tears, June whimpered and dug her nails deeper into the dirt, not opening her eyes. She had to keep everything blocked out, or everything blocked in. Whatever it was that posed a threat. She shed one more tear for being so different. A normal person wouldn't have the same problem, and a normal person wouldn't have a weak Caleb to protect. "Go away gods . . ." June mumbled, clutching her head once more. The venom was them. That much was definite.

Last edited by Nico on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:08 am

The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 Caleb-150x150-1
Caleb Austin Wright
Son of Momus

"You are asking a guy who wears glasses--shades, in fact--to even see. Do you even listen to yourself?" came Caleb's irritated reply as he squinted through the dark lenses of his spectacles. With the darkness creeping in and his tinted lens, he already thought it a miracle to even figure out that it was the little kid from before who was currently leading the others.

Before he could concentrate on the figures that were drawing closer, he started as he felt June lean on him and would've relaxed if he hadn't seen the look on the girl's face. She looked even paler than before, her skin clearly shining out in the semi-darkness. He scrambled out of the way in alarm as June grabbed at the dirty ground, adrenaline starting to course through his veins as his demigod instincts kicked in.

"I'm not leaving you. How many times do I have to make that clear?" he all but yelled, the Momus-influenced part of his mind directing him to. The sudden shriek brought him up short and before long Caleb found himself on all fours, dragging his useless legs as he shifted closer to June. His shaking hands shot out to grab both of her wrists and, in an effort to restrain her from moving, he managed to pull June close and kept his arms around her. Nothing personal. Just to keep a tight hold to prevent her from doing anything she might regret. Caleb perhaps forgot just how much danger he brought onto himself by pulling her into a hug from behind like that, but he felt like there was nothing he could do but hold June back. He could almost hear his own legs screaming in pain, but the only thing his ears could pick up was the shrieks coming from the daughter of Ares.

What the hell is taking them so long? the saner part of his mind seethed, but he could only do one thing at a time. He couldn't see the others come as he focused all his remaining energy on keeping June there with him. She was slipping away, he could feel it, and he couldn't let it happen. For one, it would certainly mean something worse for him. But maybe there was something else. Caleb didn't want to lose the girl who gave him a reason to wear glasses, as funny as that sounded. "Calm down!" he said through clenched teeth, his voice blazing with authority. A sigh escaped his lips and he tried to follow his own advice, trying to will the rough edge away. "Calm down..." he repeated, more of a request this time.

"Get a grip on yourself," he started, the words coming out in sharp breaths. "Fight it, June. You're not weak enough to let it take over, are you? You're better than that. Come on... Don't make it easy for the gods. Fight it." He sucked in a deep breath after he spoke, hoping that his words can knock some sense into June's troubled head. After all, he was the one who took off her bracelet, wasn't he? Maybe he could reach in and snap her out of whatever world her mind created. Be the rope to pull her out of whatever deep hole she was in. Be whatever it took for her to stay rooted right here with them all, even at his expense. Even if it cost him his life.

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 4:05 am

June Prenston -- ares

When Caleb grabbed June, she yelped and made a desperate attempt to squiggle out of her friend's grasp. She was unsuccessful, but that only meant Caleb would probably get hurt. Instead of screaming again, the girl gasped and nearly choked herself, trying to get away from Caleb. He knew better. He knew about his own leg, yet June was the one thinking about keeping it healthy. Surely his legs had to hurt him. Was he putting that aside for June?

As the thought sunk in, June fell eerily still for a few seconds before doubling over in Caleb' arms and writhing from the dominance her emotions were beginning to gain. It felt like she was morphing, and it hurt. Like hell. She was slipping off into darkness and giving in to the powerful anger. The ferocity. The torment. As June let go, she squinted her eyes and bit down on her lip in order to suppress the grunts and wails she wanted to let loose. "C--ca--Caleb--" June spat out, trying to spin around and face the boy, but at the same time not being sure where exactly the boy was.

Not only was she beyond lost, she was confused. He wasn't leaving her, that much she had understood, even amidst the commotion. He really wasn't going anywhere. That's when it sunk in that Caleb was connected to the arms restraining her. Almost rabidly, June spun around in the son of Momus's grip. Whilst looking past his glasses, June raised her eyebrows to display her worry. She didn't want to be spazzing on the ground, screaming and acting as if she's never faced anything difficult, but that was how things had worked out. "Cae--Ca--Cae--" June began again, struggling to speak while fighting the venom. "Ares--them--they're really . . . in my head. A--anger attack, like asthma." Unable to say anymore, June buried her face in Caleb's shirt and moaned. She was far more disoriented than the average person should be able to withstand, and her brain was processing things differently.

As the final kick of the venom sunk in, or tried to, June grasped Caleb tighter, scrunching up his shirt and holding on as if her life depended on it. She could tell that this was the end because of how strong the throbbing in her head grew, but as it tried to take root, June managed to block it out. She was listening to Caleb. "Fight it. Get a grip on yourself. ... You're better than that. Fight it." So she did, even though the words were tough to hear. She hadn't realized what big a ruckus she was creating, but at that point, the girl no longer cared. It was almost over. The most she could manage to do, other then fight her own brain, was keep herself controlled around Caleb. He was really putting himself in danger by keeping her calm.

The powerful pressure in June's head deteriorated almost immediately, and the pain followed suit, but a new weakness, a weakness on a whole different level, washed over the daughter of Ares. As she grew dangerously tired, June loosened her grip on Caleb's shirt and relaxed forward, resting on her friend yet again. He was still there. He had not only kept his promise, but helped her. A small and fragile looking smile crossed June's face, but she wasn't looking at Caleb. She couldn't focus on anything. Her vision was blurry, and her head throbbed each time she tried to concentrate. More than anything June wanted to thank Caleb, but she was too tired to create words. She was nearly too tired to attempt another wiggle out of the boy's grip, but she managed and didn't succeed. He must not have wanted her to hurt anything.

"Leg--Your leg--" June choked out, touching Caleb's less wounded/demolished leg gently to get her point across. "You didn't have to--" The demigod stopped herself from criticizing Caleb and decided it would be better to cherish being alive. "No, that's not what I meant . . . I just--plea--I mean, thank you." As June rested her cheek on Caleb, she brought her tired arms up to the boys neck and slung them around his shoulders, giving a hug her best shot. "I think the venom's gone. So . . . um . . . the nurses can look at your leg asap."

Awkwardly letting her arms drop to her sides, June took a quick deep breath and relaxed into a small huddle. Her breathing was jagged from her mind being attacked, but was returning to a better pace now that the venom was leaving her system. "Why would you stay?" June finally asked, gripping Caleb's shirt for support as she pulled herself up to look the son of Momus in the eyes. "I'm glad you did--but why?" June couldn't ever begin to understand how other people make decisions relating to her, especially Caleb. She just hoped her question wasn't interrupted by the group, whose pace seemed oddly uneven. "By the way . . . I can hear myself. I just trust you. A lot more so . . . now." June was mumbling her longer sentences and mispronouncing words, but she sounded confident in her language. If she had someone to lean on, someone she was positive could care, June felt recovery might not be hard. "June&Caleb Rehab, a Celebrity Rehab knockoff, coming soon to theaters near you.'

{{PLAY-BY CHANGE. 8D I'm so excited! I love character changes rofl. (this is why I have no life.) I really like Steven Strait, though, so yaaaay. I was addicted to Sky High as a younger child.}}
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:29 am

The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 Caleb-150x150-1
Caleb Austin Wright
Son of Momus

It took Caleb a few seconds to realize that June was no longer squirming. He let his arms drop to the ground and with the adrenaline slowly wearing off, he can feel every stab of pain coming from various places from his body, the worst of all from his legs. Oh gods, his legs! What if he had just doomed himself to crutches for the rest of his life? He certainly hadn't thought of that before June freaked out. Well, he wasn't really thinking of anything besides June at that time. He became a little shocked at himself as he let the thoughts sink in, making him realize how much he had just sacrificed just to help her.

Had it not been June, Caleb would've already dragged himself out of the way even if it took the last ounces of his strength. He certainly wouldn't have drawn closer and actually force the girl to calm down, especially considering the state he was in. It was astounding to think just what kind of effect the daughter of Ares had on him. Maybe it was the result of years of friendship, even if he didn't remember much about it. Obviously something must have been retained in his brain that his first reflex would be to consider June's well-being before his. The thought sickened him, actually. Caleb never really thought of putting others first. The world was a dangerous place and it was each person his own, but June seemed to have turned his beliefs upside-down in a short span of time. Or perhaps he had already been changed before, even for just a little bit, and she was just reminding him of that now.

Thinking about these made his head hurt and Caleb stopped. He didn't need any more pain. His legs certainly made sure of that. A groan escaped his lips and it was all he could do to say his next words, knowing that he wasn't going to last much longer.

"I did owe you once," Caleb said through gritted teeth as he slowly tried to ease June's weight off of him. He knew the excuse meant next to nothing as he already told her before that he was no longer sticking around to repay his debt, but what else can he do? He had nothing better to say and his head was too busy hurting to actually think. And besides, 'because it's what friends do' sounded so pathetically cliche in his mind that he couldn't imagine himself saying it out loud.

Caleb completely lost faith in whatever group of healers the Aphrodite boy managed to bring. If they were really dedicated to their jobs, they would've rushed over a minute ago when June was busy beating the venom out of her. Not now when his own actions made all the things worse for him. The stab of irritation he felt for the group increased by a hundredfold and he wasn't even sure anymore if he would want to let himself get treated by a bunch of jerks who didn't even give a crap about him. However, the choice wasn't his to make. Caleb knew that much when he felt the last of his strength draining away, the gravity seemingly becoming so much stronger as it pulled him towards the ground. The last sensation he felt was his back hitting the dirt and his eyes seeing only utter darkness that lay ahead.

((Yaaay! rofl, Steven Strait played a Caleb in one of his movies before, and that's actually where I got Caleb's name. I thought it was fitting for him to play another Caleb xD))
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:18 pm

June Prenston -- ares

June stared forward with a blank expression on her face after sliding away from Caleb. Thunder rumbled in the distance, and before the girl could curse, she saw lightning crash down, too. It seemed pretty far away, and it was probably just Zeus taking out his anger, possibly even at Ares, but June didn't want it to start raining. She had nearly drowned a few hours ago. She might never again be able to stand getting near water. The loud booms shook her to the core and made it hard to relax, especially without someone protecting her like Caleb had just been.

No, June didn't need anyone. She wanted Caleb. If she needed him . . . then everything really had changed. Clasping her hands together, the daughter of Ares gazed into the darkness and tried to wait patiently, the noises coming from Caleb rattling her nerves. And of course, like old times, he brought up owing her. "Trust me, Wright, you've payed that debt off by now." June shrugged her shoulders and glanced over at Caleb.

He was laying on the ground. Gulping, June padded over to the boy, crawling on her hands and knees. She had been in a sleeping position before, too. It wasn't probably nothing. As she continued to move, her eyes began to focus. "Knives . . ." she began, tilting her head to the side and coming to a screeching hault. Caleb had passed out, or di--no. He couldn't be dead yet. He had just saved her. The gods had to take pity on the boy. "Caleb Austin Wright," June pleaded forcefully, scooting closer to her friend until she had her knees pressed against his side. "Wake up!" June gently grabbed Caleb's shoulders and shook him violently.

The demigod broke into a sudden sweat as Caleb didn't respond. Leaning down, June continued to shake his shoulders. Anger coursing through her, June let Caleb slip out of her grip and whipped herself around, glaring at the group of children small talking as they "helped." "Do something!" June demanded, tears threatening to spill over her eyes. She hadn't cried yet, she didn't plan on crying in front of the Apollo kids. They knew her. They knew her reputation, and crying over a boy she was supposed to hate would ruin everything. The children were unresponsive, a few laughing at her. There were four healers, June could see them clearly now. Subtly, the daughter of Ares flipped off the teens, grinning at the young boy who happened looked absolutely appalled. Her smiled faded just as quickly as it had come on, and she shouted some Greek swear words before turning back to face Caleb.

A new emotion crossed the girl's face: defenselessness. She couldn't do anything more for Caleb, and the people who could were completely unwilling to help. "I'm not going to let you die . . ." June whispered, pushing back Caleb's hair and fighting hard to hold back her tears. A sad smile found it's way to her face, and she mindlessly swatted the hair out of her own eyes. She was feeling feverish as the emotions swarmed her brain. She was angry at the healers, confused about herself, and overcome with . . . sadness? . . . relating to Caleb's current situation. Settling down onto her stomach, June rested her chin on her hands. Hopefully, June prodded Caleb in the side. "I'm no healer, Cae. I don't know how to help you."

Sitting up again, June pushed down on her friend's shoulders and shook them, ever-so-gently, once more. "Dammit, Caleb! What am I supposed to do?" June's lip quivered as she let herself collapse. Her head rested on Caleb's chest as the tears finally started falling out of her eyes. "Don--Don't die. Gah. Please." The mask had come off. It took June believing she had really lost her best friend for it to fall, but she was completely exposed as the scared little girl she really was. That's all she'd ever been. A girl afraid of getting close to someone, and being trusted, and hurting the people she cared about, and losing anyone close to her. She was just . . . so afraid . . .

"If you're going to die on me here, I might as well give you a real explanation. Even if you're already gone. No, you aren't gone . . . So listen. I kissed you because . . . well, I don't really know. It felt natural. I've never been close to anyone, and I don't know why we were close. I doubt I'm supposed to know. But I did, I still do. If you leave me now? I won't forget you. I've said it once and I'll say it again, you have too much to offer. You're special, Caleb." June was crying again, as if it was something she usually did. Shed tears. Over someone else.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 am

The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 Jonathan-150x150
Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

"Whoa, Tyler, watcha doing here, little man?" Jonathan asked the kid who nearly collided with his leg. He ruffled Tyler's hair in a big-brotherly way until he got a look at the boy's face. No one could mistake the anxiety in those innocent features. "What's wrong?"

Small hands clasped around his wrist. "They need help, Athan," came his troubling reply. Tyler tugged at his hand. "The boy with glasses looked like he died!"

And just that simple statement was enough to send Jonathan sprinting towards the scene.

Perhaps it was luck how Jonathan was conveniently near when all this happened. It could also be coincidence, or just sheer chance. Well, that didn't matter. What mattered now was that he was here at this certain point in time, ready to help a friend who barely even spared him a second glance. If it were other people, they would probably even scurry away to avoid a situation like this especially with someone like Caleb involved, but this was Jonathan. He was never like that, even to Caleb who practically make it a hobby to poke fun at him in big and complicated-sounding words. Sure, it got irritating somewhat, but he wasn't about to let Caleb down just because of a small grudge. So now here he was, pushing through the group of Apollo kids who for some reason were just standing there instead of doing their jobs.

"Whoa," Jonathan muttered to himself in surprise, stumbling upon a peculiar sight. No one ever mentioned anything about Caleb having a girlfriend, but the astounding evidence was right here in front of his eyes. Jonathan was beyond shocked at this new development but kept his mouth shut, because asking the crying girl about it right now seemed like a stupid thing to do. The son of Aphrodite stood there unmoving for a moment until he remembered what he was there for. Before long he was crouched on one knee beside Caleb's head, unsure of what he was going to do.

"Er... miss?" he asked tentatively, waving to get the attention of the girl laying her head on Caleb's chest. And was he in for even more surprises. The girl was June Prenston, the feared daughter of Ares. A huge lump formed in his throat as he stared at the girl through the creeping darkness, remembering all the rumors he had heard about her. Like the one where she killed an Iris camper, for instance. Jonathan gulped. He should choose his words carefully around this girl. He certainly didn't want to end up five feet below the ground in his attempt to help Caleb out.

Jonathan mustered up his courage and looked June right in the eye. "Hey, um, I'm a friend of Caleb and... just calm down, okay? It's going to be fine." He smiled at her, a silent gesture of reassurance. His hand went to Caleb's wrist and a relieved sigh slipped from his lips. "He's still alive. I found a pulse."

A little satisfied with this, Jonathan then looked back up at the Apollo campers, shooting them a look of confusion. "Shouldn't you be, well I don't know, maybe healing him?" he asked, trying not to raise his voice but finding it hard to do so as he watched how idle and lax the healers were being. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Tyler standing by the sidelines, unsure of what was happening.

"Eh, he deserved it," came one's answer and the others murmured in agreement.

He rose to his feet to face them. The six-foot frame was enough to silence the Apollo kids and Jonathan never felt more thankful for his more-than-average height. "The guy is dying here," he said, his tone being unusually sharp. "Is your hatred enough of a reason to just let him die? Come on, look at yourselves. Please. Help him."

The effect was instantaneous. The campers' eyes seemed to slip into a daze for a split-second there but it wasn't very noticeable what with the lack of light. Then, before he knew it, they switched into healing-mode in the blink of an eye and rushed to Caleb's mangled legs, talking in a language Jonathan could barely understand but it was enough to tell him that he had done his job right. Something he had said must have convinced them to heal Caleb. Huh, he never thought it would happen that quickly though. Slowly he moved towards June, hesitating for a few moments before putting his hand on her shoulder and slightly moved her away from the son of Momus. Her being there might distract the Apollo kids from their jobs, but Jonathan had no idea how to phrase it in a way not to offend her. "Um, I think we should give them a little space..." he said, praying to the gods that June won't go all psycho on him and kill him like she did that Iris camper.

Tyler then picked that moment to rush towards June, throwing his small arms around her. Jonathan shifted uncomfortably on his feet, hoping that the little childish action wouldn't bother the daughter of Ares. He was close enough to hear the young boy's question and near enough to see his wide and worried eyes as he stared at June. "Is he going to be alright?"

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:52 pm

June Prenston ♣ -- ares

June jumped when she realized she was staring straight at a random boy. If he was trying to tell her something, she couldn't hear. Her ears were ringing as she tried to read the boy's lips. All June could see was that he wasn't making eye contact with her. Was he . . . scared of her? The daughter of Ares shut her eyes tightly, and when she opened them, the stranger was making eye contact. Once she started listening, June rolled her eyes, though her jaw did drop a little.

"I knew he had friends!" June exclaimed tiredly, smiling to herself as she looked down at Caleb. He wasn't moving, and a tight knot formed in her stomach. He looked like a lifeless statue, and as she fumbled with her hands, June squeased her friend's shoulder. She sat up after deciding that the new kid wasn't going to shut up and leave her alone. "It's going to be fine," June repeated sourly, narrowing her eyes. "What about Caleb? Is he going to be fine?" The demigod tilted her head and continued to grimace at the optimistic, considerably good looking, demigod. Probably an Aphrodite kid, like Squirt.

The second Jonathan declared Caleb was still alive, June heaved a huge sigh of relief, holding a hand over her heart as to calm herself down. He hadn't left yet. "Keep him that way," she mumbled, clenching her fists threateningly. She really wanted to be nice to the kid who was trying to help Caleb, but she couldn't bring herself to start out on the right foot with anyone. "I'm sure you've heard things about me," June continued as she stood up. "I don't know if it's true or not, but if Caleb dies—" The girl stopped herself from giving Jonathan any threats, especially empty ones. The fact that anyone was willing to find some help for Caleb meant a lot to the girl.

June watched Jonathan order everyone around, an odd wave of obedience washing over her. Nothing was directed towards her, but she still felt affected by the secret charm speak. There was no mistaking Jonathan's parentage now. He was able to command everyone around like an army general. June seriously respected his authority. She almost regretted snapping at him. As the Apollo kids around her worked, the daughter of Ares watched with a blank expression. Her mind had shut down at the sight of Caleb's wounds. The dry blood sickened June, and she wanted to help Knives herself. Instead General was making the Apollo asses heal him. They were under his spell. And June was, too.

As Jonathan guided her away from Caleb's body, June began to shiver. Everything inside of her was screaming from different angles. Caleb would be okay, the Apollo kids would kill him, Jonathan is a stranger, Jonathan wants to help, she shouldn't stand by and let any of this happen, Caleb needs this. Before June could collapse onto the dirt again, she was ambushed by a tiny body. It was Squirt. She remained frozen for a few seconds, before exhaling and tentatively patting the child on his back. "Is he going to be alright?" June glanced down at the child whose name she didn't know. "How the hell should I—" June almost retorted, before holding herself back and looking over at Caleb again. "Caleb'll be fine, Squirt. He's a big boy." June squished the younger son of Aphrodite to her before looking over at Jonathan and shrugging. This wasn't usual June behavior, but it was the kind of June that Caleb got to see. "I'm not so sure how those healers are going to turn out after Caleb's healed, though," June whispered to General, avoiding looking into his eyes. He was either afraid of her, or didn't like her, probably a little of both. She was done scaring him for tonight. The boy really was helping Knives.

"I'm June," the daughter of Ares continued, still looking into the trees with an expressionless face. "I . . . know Caleb." Uponing saying his name, June briefly looked straight into General's eyes, but just as quickly looked away. Her heart was pounding at a rapid pace, quickened by her sense of worry, and her bottom lip quivered again, but other than that June looked at peace. If anything, she looked little irritated, as if the entire situation was a waste of her time. "You won't look at me. I'm not a killer. I've never murdered anyone." June cringed at the word before smiling to herself. "Unless Caleb dies. Then it would probably be considered my fault, and I'd be labeled as such." June wasn't exactly talking to General boy anymore. She just wanted to get her non-sappy feelings out there. "It's pathetic, the way people judge Caleb and I. I would never . . . hurt him." June's voice cracked as she bit her lip, both of her eyebrows raised and furrowed. "And he would never hurt me. I doubt he'd hurt anyone. If you know him, like you say you do, then I'm sure you agree. If the gods let me live, they have to let Caleb. He's a good guy." June shoved her hands into her pockets and tried to push the little boy off of her. "Your dad raised a good boy," June said to Squirt, though she was still trying to get him to let go. "And I don't even like children." The Prenston winked up at Jonathan before going back to staring off into the woods, looking right through anything that was happening. She was expressionless enough to look mental—or dead.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:51 am

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

they say bad things happen for a reason,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Reassured by the fact that June hadn't harmed his half-sibling, Jonathan dug his hands in his pockets and proceeded to stare at the dirty ground. He was trying to look at anything but the bloody state of Caleb's poor legs. It was disgusting enough to make him gag just at the mental image. One glimpse at them would probably cause him to throw up and he had no intention of doing that in front of an audience, especially with the sort of scary daughter of Ares around. He chuckled slightly when he heard June comment on the possible future of the Apollo healers when they were done. "They'll get yelled at," he said, smiling but not really looking at the girl beside him. "When he wakes up, Caleb will probably see something wrong with how they treated him then proceeds to tell them off for it. Or something like that. I'm Jonathan, by the way."

He remained silent as June talked, realizing that the rumors he heard about her were just those. Rumors. She came off rather blunt at first, but she wasn't bad. At least, not as bad as he initially thought. He finally snuck a look at her and offered a small smile, but as she was already staring off into the woods, the gesture was lost. Taking the hint, Jonathan nudged Tyler's shoulder, gently prying him off the girl. "No worries, li'l man, he'll be up and about in a few," he told him, ruffling his hair as he wondered if his words were as empty as the look on June's face. "Why don't you go play for a little while? You can come back later to visit him if you want."

Tyler rocked slightly on his heels, considering their reassuring words. With a satisfied look on his face, he burst into giggles while hugging the older boy. A cheerful 'okay' later, Tyler skipped away, pleased with the little act of heroism he had done. Jonathan watched him go before turning back to June. "Caleb isn't going to die," he said firmly. "He can be a little, um, rude at times, but he isn't all bad. I mean, he must have a soft spot somewhere, right? I don't know though. I've never really seen that side of him."

Jonathan studied her closely. Why would someone care about Caleb like this so much? He originally assumed June was a girlfriend of sorts, but it didn't look to be that way to him now. More in the lines of close friendship. Something that was built for not days, but years. He could see just as much. "You two... are you childhood friends or something? Sorry if I come off as prying. Just curious." Jonathan laughed softly to himself. "Besides, I don't know who else to ask. I don't think Caleb's particularly keen on answering any of my questions."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
but no wise words are gonna stop the bleeding.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:17 pm

June Prenston ♣ -- ares

"They deserve more than just getting yelled at," June mumbled, trying to keep Squirt from hearing what she said. She had never been a good example, and in the presence of child, the daughter of Ares had to try a lot harder in order to keep her mouth shut. "Jonathan," June repeated, letting the name roll off of her tongue before shutting her eyes. She kept feeling the need to watch Caleb, but the sight of his exposed legs sickened her. She needed to close her eyes to keep from gagging.

June heaved a huge sigh of relief as she felt Squirt let go. She didn't have to be careful anymore. Opening her eyes, June spun around to face General. "Why are you being nice to me? You don't have to lie to me like I'm some kid." June cursed quietly when she realized her words had come out harsher than she had intended. "I mean—ignore what I just said. That was a little harsh." June laughed to herself and smirked. Everything June said was harsh, or rude, or just flat out mean, so why be nice to this boy? When Jonathan brought up never seeing a certain side of Caleb, June went back to staring into the forest. "I have," she whispered, glancing at Jonathan as she did so. She didn't say anymore, but she knew that the Momus boy wasn't all tough guy. Not if he wanted to be.

June awkwardly stood near Jonathan, feeling her lack of average social skills coming back to bite her. She wanted to answer the boy's questions, but she didn't even know where to begin. People didn't usually try to get information from the daughter of Ares, and now General was treating her like a friend. It made June tense. "Yeah, I doubt he is," June agreed, adding a light, dry laugh. Talking about Caleb only made June wish he was healthy and . . . standing with her. "You could say we're childhood friends," the girl continued, mindlessly swirling her foot around in the dirt. "It's hard to explain. Recently . . . I think we've both just been through a lot." June crossed her arms tightly across her chest, unwilling to give away much more information. "What with the gods being demonic and all." June flashed Jonathan an amused grin, then put on a straight face to show she wasn't joking.

"This all looks really bad, huh?" June said exasperatedly while rubbing the back of her neck. "Just . . . don't try to assume anything. I guarantee this isn't what it looks like." June wasn't up for even imagining the response she would get out of the situation once all of the healing was said and done. If it ever got done. "But I will give you a guess," June joked, looking up at Jonathan and wiggling her eyebrows. "As long as you don't guess we did this to each other." The smaller demigod sighed and allowed herself to look back at Caleb. She wanted to rip her eyes off of him, but she couldn't bring herself to look away. When did his situation get that bad?

((asdfghjkl your template. holy cow. it made me completely spazz.))
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:14 am

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan tipped his head to the side in slight confusion. Did he look like he was lying? Probably. Or was June just not used to being treated nicely? Also a possibility. Anyone who heard those circulating rumors would've tried to stay away from her as much as possible. They wouldn't risk their lives to engage in a friendly conversation with her, even for just a little small talk. Perhaps if the instances were different, Jonathan might have been one of those people. It was just because of fate's hand that he ended up talking to June. He forced out a chuckle as she laughed, an effort to get along with her. He must be doing pretty damn good seeing as the daughter of Ares hadn't tried to kill him yet.

Noticing June's discomfort, he decided not to push the topic even if he badly wanted to. Perhaps it was just a story for another day, or perhaps it just wasn't meant for his ears. "Bad luck, huh?" Jonathan said, smiling all the same. As June insulted the gods, he thought it was only a form of letting out her frustrations and nothing else. He didn't consider the possibility that June was being literal, that her father might have been the cause of all these things. "Well, I would've thought you sparred and got a little carried away, but since that's out of the question..." A thoughtful look crossed the son of Aphrodite's face as he looked up to the dark skies as if they held the answers he sought. How had Caleb ended up this way?

Jonathan glanced at the forest nearby. "Monster attack? He let his guard down and a hellhound suddenly pounced on him?" he suggested, only half-believing in his own words. He chuckled slightly. "Just a wild guess. Out of ideas." He knocked on his head twice for and snorted a bit. "What really happened? Hope you're not planning on leaving me hanging."

Jonathan tried to check on how the Apollo healers were doing but he had shut his eyes too quickly, forcing himself not to have a negative reaction at the sight of Caleb's injuries. He turned to look at June instead, trying to take in her somewhat disheveled appearance. Was it just him or did she look like she just got sick herself? There was definitely more to this than June was letting on. "Are you alright? Need to rest or anything?" Pursing his lips, he looked her over, searching for any visible injuries. He found none but he couldn't be 100% sure of that. But maybe her injuries weren't on the physical side. Maybe Caleb had a more devastating effect on her than he first thought.

((Thank youz! It's a little messed up in Firefox though xD))
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:51 am

June Prenston ♣ -- ares

June merely shook her head upon hearing what the Aphrodite boy had originally thought of the situation. An uncomfortable smile formed on the girl's face and she looked up at the stranger. He wasn't really a stranger, though. Not now that he had gotten himself in possibly a little too deep with June and Caleb. Shivering at the thought of dragging someone else down with her, the daughter of Ares cast General a worried glance. While he wanted to know their story, June wanted to know his. Did a few Aphrodite kids have special blood? Or were all of them exactly like their stereotype, dumb and pretty?

June chuckled at Jonathan's poor attempts to guess what had happened. "Something like that," she replied, still chuckling. If you considered Ares and his minions monsters, then yes, it had been monsters. But June wasn't keen on telling her new acquaintance anything. She already feared that he had worked himself into serious trouble, but now she had to worry about deepening the pit. "I just might have to, Jonathan," June stated with a cocky grin, holding her hands out as if to say 'there's really nothing I can do.' "You don't want to get yourself into any serious trouble." June paused and looked around for dramatic effect, then leaned in closer to the boy. "The gods'll get you if their friends don't first." Leaning away June winked and began laughing again, finding comfort in teasing the demigod.

The son of Aphrodite's next question caught her completely off guard, and she was almost taken aback. He was one of the few people to have ever asked June how she was holding up. It was a lot different coming from someone like Jonathan, as well. He was neither a counselor nor a close friend. He wasn't an outcast either, at least not based on what June had gathered. "I'm . . . I've been better," June admitted, trying to ignore the sinking feeling in her stomach. "But at this point, I don't even know what's causing the weakness." The daughter of Ares stared blankly at Jonathan before following his gaze and wound up glaring at the healers. Whatever was going on with Caleb's legs, it didn't look healthy.

"Maybe you should do that voicey thing again, if you want me to talk," June teased, unaware of the fact that Jonathan had no idea his talent existed. "I have to admit, that really made an impression, General. I wish I could do something other than learn how to kill people with weapons." The daughter of Area rolled her eyes at the power that was like a dessert. It's so bad for you, but how can you not be tempted? "I'd like to think I'm not exactly my dad's child, but it's hard when you'd a killing machine and everyone knows it." June pulled a knife out of the top of her pants and chucked it at the dirt. It landed hilt up, but the demigod made absolutely no attempt to pick it up. It glistened in the moonlight, and June looked back at Jonathan.

"Like I said, I'm not feeling so hot, and that's probably the only weapon on me, so don't feel like you're compromising your safety around me." June smiled, but it was so fake it was almost funny. Mostly June was just trying to keep a situation under control before it even arose. The dark demigod didn't know Jonathan well enough to predict how he would react to his new companion throwing a knife around. "My dad gave me a lot of skills, but I don't think he can handle the monster he created. Caleb and I together scares the gods. Most specifically my dad, Ares. So he's probably trying to kill me and your friend." June smirked at herself, feeling a sharp twag of pain and she kept her eyes focused on Caleb, but her ears open to General. It was weird; it was a real conversation.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:30 am

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan's eyes widened just a little. What had June and Caleb done? Had they really caught the gods' attention? His mind pieced together the clues and it suddenly clicked. How else would Caleb get wounded that bad? What else would it take for June to become as shaken up as she was just a little while ago? Jonathan swallowed thickly, feeling uncomfortable with this whole new situation. He could just hope that the god of war had more important things to bother with than the two demigods, but it seemed like Ares already started. Jonathan didn't want to know how this was going to end, but he was sure that it wasn't going to be well.

His train of thought was broken when June mentioned that 'voicey' thing. "I'm sorry?" Jonathan asked in confusion, wondering if he heard her right. "What voicey thing? What are you talking about?" He subconsciously cleared his throat. Did he sound different? Was his voice higher or lower than usual? Before he could ponder on this strange new development, Jonathan nearly jumped out of his skin when something gleaming whizzed past him, hitting the ground with a muted thud. A closer inspection told him that it was June's knife.

Jonathan felt his muscles go tense. Was June losing it? Was she proving that the rumors he heard about her were real? But then, if she wanted to hurt him for starters, she would've aimed at him. It seemed possible that she just missed, but chances of that was slim. Perhaps if she really wanted to kill him, he wouldn't be standing here wondering if that was really her intention. He looked at her only to catch her staring at Caleb again, and then took the chance to exhale and relax a little. "Maybe 'kill' isn't the right word for it. Just 'gravely injure'. I don't think the gods would want to lose you two, especially with the... war." He spoke the word war with distaste. He had nothing against Ares, the war god, just the whole concept of war and fighting. But then again, without conflicts, the human race wouldn't probably exist.

"Well, if he really is aiming to kill you..." he trailed off, very uncomfortable at the thought. "I think he'll hold it until the war's done. Besides, there are probably other gods siding with you or something. There are a lot of gods, and the chances of no single one of them taking your side are close to zero." He shrugged upon saying this. It was really just a guess and it sounded like Jonathan was trying to convince himself. The gods themselves eliminating demigods... well, the idea was frightening. What were they, really, compared to Di Immortales?

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:09 pm

June Prenston ♣ -- ares

June paused to think over Jonathan's words before her face lit up. He could involuntarily make people do what he wanted? "Nevermind," June whispered with a giddy laugh. Jonathan was a pretty powerful person to hang around, and the daughter of Ares was almost jealous of his ability. "I'll be cool with you as long as you don't order me around, getting me to do stuff." June crossed her arms as she held back a gag. An Apollo kid had moved and she caught sight of more of Caleb's flesh.

"He hadn't let on that his legs were so much worse than my bloodstream," June noted, speaking somewhat to Jonathan and somewhat to herself. The son of Aphrodite hadn't heard her story, and most likely wouldn't understand what she was talking about. Still, June had to say it. How had June been the one relying on Caleb, when he was as torn up as he was? It should have been the other way around, and guilt flooded the girl's system. That emotion, though he had never felt it before, was really becoming common courtesy. "I used to live in the infirmary. I hardly ever saw wounds that bad, unless they were new campers. The ones that couldn't defend themselves from monsters. The weak ones. I don't understand how dogs can tear up someone like that." There was, a time when June had wanted a dog. Now? Not so much.

June smiled at Jonathan—or maybe rather smirked at him—but it was meant to be a kind gesture. "We were thinking the same thing! Before . . . you know . . ." June waved her hand to Caleb and shook her head. "I don't want to get you pulled into this, but I'm willing to tell you a little of what happened, now. You just can't tell anyone. If you do, I reserve the right to break one of your bones." June flashed a cheesy smile and clicked her tongue. "And please don't tell Cae I told you."

June took in a deep breath and continued. "In a nutshell, Caleb and I were friends when we were kids, but I made him blind and he gave me a mental disorder. The gods erased our minds and separated us, and we found each other at camp, which sparked our memories, and now the gods are after us, and then you came here and got help." June exhaled and sighed out of relief. She had spoken pretty fast, in case any of the Apollo kids were being annoyingly nosey, and she just hoped Jonathan didn't have any questions. "That makes sense, right?" June asked herself, furrowing her brows and rubbing her temples. "I hope you took notes, because I really don't feel like repeating myself, or being responsible for anyone going after you. The less you know, the better." June sarcastically pat Jonathan's shoulder and smiled smugly.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:20 pm

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

"Um, okay..." Jonathan mumbled, still stuck in trying to figure out what June meant. Him, order people around? Maybe a better term would be 'request'. But then, she mentioned something related to his voice. Could it be..?

"He hadn't let on that his legs were so much worse than my bloodstream," June said, earning a puzzled look from the son of Aphrodite. Well, he was right after all. No wonder he couldn't see any wound. It was the kind that worked on a deeper level, not to mention more lethal. His stance shifted slightly as he crossed his arms over his chest, carefully keeping a close eye on June. Not that he was afraid that she'd suddenly turn against him (even though a little of that fear lingered deep in his mind), but because of the realization that June probably wasn't as well as she'd let on.

"Dogs?" Jonathan questioned, eyebrows scrunching up in confusion. "Dogs did this to Caleb? Are you for real?" He hadn't meant for those words to slip out but if he didn't speak out some of the thoughts that were bothering him, he would most likely explode.

He tried to pay attention to June's story-telling, but his ADHD-influenced brain kept trying to tune it out, trying to force him to instead pay attention to irrelevant things like the trees rustling in the distance and the crickets' song filling the air. It didn't help that June talked quickly. Now the only words that stuck to his mind were 'blind,' 'mental disorder,' and something about 'memories.' "Well I guess it does make sense," Jonathan lied smoothly. In all honesty, he hadn't made heads and tails of the situation yet, but he made a mental note to figure it out later. He was probably going to forget that too, no thanks to ADHD.

"You two must be pretty dangerous," Jonathan commented. He started to tap his foot against the ground in an even rhythm, as if counting off the seconds until the healers were done. "I've never heard of the gods actually meddling with demigod affairs, unless of course you count Percy and his friends. I heard Annabeth even got to the point where a goddess chucked cow dung at her," he laughed quietly. "Let's just hope that you don't end up dodging dung from the sky."

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:37 am

June Prenston ♣ -- ares

June shuffled her feet in the dirt and bit her tongue. "Yeah, dogs." June chuckled quietly and held up her hand, trying to stop Jonathan from thinking any further. "I never saw the said mutts, but they were possessed. And you know how scary dogs can be." June smiled and rolled her eyes before feeling a pang of guilt sunk in. It didn't feel right to criticize Caleb, especially keeping in mind the situation he was in. "He walked on those legs. And supported me on them." June stared blankly forward, blinking back emotion. "And I don't know how the hell he did it. Those might be dog bites, or scratches, or . . . you know what? I'm not sure what is wrong with his legs, but wouldn't you say it's pretty impressive that he walked on 'em?"

June tapped her foot on the ground and uncrossed her arms, relaxing into a more comfortable stance. It was hard being patient. She felt the pace everything was moving was agonizingly slow, and being demigod's, June knew the healers couldn't be easily concentrating on one task for such a long period of time. "This is not supposed to be happening today. I was supposed to talk to Caleb, not wait for one of us to drop." June spit into the dirt, angrily kicking the ground again and bending down to pick up her knife. She stashed it away in her pant's elastic waist and patted it gently, looking Jonathan in the eyes. "How much of the story do you believe?" June questioned, oblivious to the fact that Jonathan hadn't heard most of her short story.

The corners of June's mouth turned up into a small smile as Jonathan brought up the Misadventures of Percy Jackson. "That makes me feel special," June animatedly kidded, smiling brightly in the dim darkness. "I've never met Percy Jackson, but my friend Nico has. He doesn't like the hero. My guess is they had it coming." June took a deep breath and felt around for her knife, feeling as blind as Caleb as she tried to focus. There was a sudden haze blocking her vision, and an odd cackeling flooded the girl's head. Ares.

June's hands balled into tight fists as she clutched her head in her hands. Just as quickly as the mist had clouded her head, it went away and she could focus. Speaking to Jonathan about her situation was still awkward, so June remained silent, occasionally switching between watching Knives and General. The girl was still trying to learn about Jonathan, but he confused her. Like Squirt, the son of Aphrodite had been willing to help the two outcasted demigods. "It's weird that you're nice to me," June pointed out, toiling with her knife's hilt as it remained stored in her waistband. "What's your motive? For sticking around?" June walked in a tight circle around Jonathan. She'd learned a while ago that people always had a reason for making decisions. Most of the time, June wasn't surrounded by pure choices.

Why were there people that caused June to feel conflicted; like Caleb and Jonathan? Life was easier when no one was nice to you. Or . . . stuck around you. Friends made life difficult. "You want someone gone? You owe Caleb a favor?" June guessed, allowing herself to put on a small grin at the thought of being someone's bounty hunter. She didn't want to hear that she was being used, but at the same time it felt flattering to think about. "You just go around helping people?" June scoffed at her last futile attempt at a guess. Sure, people "definitely" help people out of the goodness of their heart. "Becuase that's something everyone everywhere does. Help." The sarcasim in June's voice was pretty rude, but once again typical.

((this is one of my posts that doesn't flow well at all. xD))
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:21 am

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan never let his eyes linger on the son of Momus for more than a few seconds, still feeling disgusted by the mere thought of his friend getting attacked by dogs. And he used to think they were pretty awesome too. Were they called man's best friend for nothing? "Yeah," he agreed with a slight nod. "If it were me, I wouldn't make it ten steps." Perhaps it was not totally true, especially if the circumstances were different. Maybe if Jonathan knew that somebody's life depended on his ability to push on and walk, he might even climb mountains just to save them. Maybe it was how Caleb felt, even if the mere idea seemed so absurd at first. Caleb, do something so selfless? Well, it was certainly unexpected, but Jonathan always guessed that the son of Momus wasn't all toughness and vanity.

"A few bits here and there," he said evasively, knowing that if he disclosed any kind of assumption he had, it would reveal that he hadn't totally paid attention to June a while ago. "And yeah. Guess they did," he said with a soft chuckle. Thank the gods he wasn't a part of that. A life filled so much misadventures was definitely not his thing. He liked the peace and quiet more, but sadly that was so rare for their kind. He sighed softly, running his fingers through his dark brown hair.

The sudden shift in June's demeanor troubled him greatly, his lips curling into a small frown to show it. Was this an aftereffect of whatever sickness she had in her bloodstream? Before he could ask if she was alright, she already seemed back to normal, whatever normal was. Still, the change seemingly remained as June went to pace around him and he didn't miss how her hand moved dangerously closer to her knife. She had the weapon back now, something that he wasn't exactly happy about. Add the fact how she circled him like some sort of predator and he was the prey, and Jonathan suddenly wished that he didn't look that pitiful being scrutinized by a girl considerably shorter than he was.

Her question surprised him even more. "Motive?" Jonathan wasn't used to being asked about those things. Mostly people just forgot to do so and took him for granted. He wasn't completely fine about that, but it wasn't as if he had any motives either. Sometimes, you just didn't need any. You shouldn't need any reason to help.

Jonathan shifted into a more open stance, feet slowly inching apart so that he could move quickly in case June saw the need to use that knife of hers. He let his arms fall limply by his sides, thumbs hooking on his pant pockets. It was easier to dodge when your arms weren't crossed over your chest. "Well, yeah," he spoke firmly at the suggestion June didn't seem to take too seriously. Why? Was there anything bad in helping people? "So that doesn't sound like a good reason to you? Are you saying that I should only lend a hand when I have some kind of motive... like I need something back?"

His voice had slightly risen, more out of the fact that he was starting to take the slightest offense at June's statements. He didn't like how she looked at him as if he was thinking of ways to get them to do his bidding. He never liked being wrongly judged for his otherwise good actions. June reminded him of Caleb, actually. He could almost hear his voice echoing in her words. "You... You sound a little like Caleb," he murmured softly, his thoughts taking the shape of spoken words. "He used to tell me that a lot too. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you two hung out," he said, trying to keep some traces of bitterness from his tone. He couldn't help it. Some of her comments actually stung.

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:20 pm

June Prenston ♣ -- ares

June listened to Jonathan and agreed. "I could probably go a few steps. But I'm also just saying that to top you." June titled her chin upwards and pursed her lips. She liked feeling stronger than most people, though she knew it wasn't true. Had June been the one with the physical injury, she would have just gotten angry, and there would be a few less dogs on the earth. Shuddering, the daughter of Ares blocked that thought out of her head. She wasn't going for turn into a killer because some stupid dogs tore her up, but the more she considered it, June realized she was frustrated with the hounds. They hurt Caleb.

"Most people deserve what's coming to them," June pointed out, remembering the boy who had ruined her picture so long ago, and the way she had felt when getting into her fights with Caleb. She no longer believed that Knives deserved the blinding he received, but there had been a time when she did feel he should suffer. Was that the way the fates got what they wanted? They implemented feelings into someone else to carry out destiny? Or was June just trying to blame someone for the thing she wanted to forget? "But there are exceptions."

"Yes, motive," June clarified with a snort, confused by the fact that Jonathan also seemed confused. It had never been weird to think about reasoning every action to June, and around Caleb things had usually been the same, but Jonathan was so much different than anyone the girl had ever hung around. It wasn't that no one else June knew was nice, but Jonathan seemed a little innocent. Sweet? June wanted to gag at the thought of talking to someone sugary, but shook her head and forced a small smirk.

June had been closely observing Caleb and missed Jonathan's precautions. She wasn't aware of the fact that she was making the boy nervous, just that he was still talking to her. "It sounds like a horrible reason," June retorted, spinning around on her heels. "I'm going to have to owe you for this." June rolled her shoulders, trying to losen up and not lose herself. "It's a waist of your time to not expect anything in return. Especially because people will judge you for this." June glanced shy down at the ground and bit her lip. "I won't tell anyone. If you leave now, no one will even know you where here." The demigod felt a little guilty offering to forget the favor, but Jonathan seemed nice, and she didn't want anything to tie him down to the June-Caleb mishap.

Hearing her friend's name spoken aloud, June cringed and looked up at Jonathan. "That's what I thought, too," June admitted with a shrug. "And it's really a complement. I think underneath we're different. I'm mostly just a bunch of anger piled together and stuffed inside a little girl." June curled her lip and stopped speaking. She crossed her arms defensively and tried to make herself smaller. She wanted to be ignored, but mostly she wanted the gods to do something good about the mess they created. "You don't remind me of anyone. You're a lot nicer than most people I hang around. Makes me wonder how much of it is just an act." June held up her hands and sighed, feeling like she had just said something she would regret. She still didn't understand how to reciprocate niceness.

June assumed she should be treating Jonathan with a little more generosity now that she knew how to behave around someone she tolerated, but it was too difficult when the person acted so foreign—and far from normal.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:53 am

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan shrugged, but he could feel some of his irritation float to the surface of his mind. "Fine, if that's what you want," he said, wondering what on earth she would do to repay this kind of debt. Hopefully it didn't involve blood. From what he could see, June seemed the type who was most inclined to violence. Well, maybe not much around Caleb, but it was the show she put on for everyone else. Jonathan was part of the latter. Should he be surprised that she was actually talking to him like this? Should he be beyond amazed that June hadn't lunged at him yet with her knife poised to strike?

"I'll wait until Caleb's condition's stable," he said in a clipped manner. As much as he wanted to do some good in June's world, he thought that perhaps it would be better to just watch from afar and pull the strings from behind the scenes (not that he had any idea how to do that, but he'll cross the bridge when he got there). Besides, the more time he spent in her company, he couldn't help but wonder just how much of his harmless actions June thought he faked. Which really hurt, since he never meant anything to be that way.

Jonathan clasped his fingers together and placed his hands behind his head. His feet also started to move aimlessly and he paced back and forth, both in anxiety and a little of it in boredom. He had momentarily forgotten that June had a weapon on her and could be close to using it at any moment. It was mostly due to his trusting nature that the natural path for his brain was to automatically assume that she wasn't going to hurt him.

At last he sighed again, wanting just to remain quiet but at the same time feeling the strange urge to redeem himself, at least attempt to. "I don't have motives," he said, meeting her gaze once more. "I guess it must sound stupid, but that's the truth. I'm here because, well, I don't want Caleb to die. Not like this." His shoulders drooped slightly as he kicked at the ground. "I wish I could help you, but..." He paused, averting his gaze and he turned to look at the cloud of dust below I him. I don't think I'm the kind of person you would turn to for any kind of help, he finished in his thoughts.

"That does it," a deep voice emanated from the group huddled around the unconscious child of Momus. Jonathan slightly let his eyes drift upward to see the Apollo healers slowly backing away from Caleb. They were discussing how to move him to the infirmary for a while. Jonathan couldn't help but grin. How Caleb would react waking up in the infirmary with his legs wrapped up in bloodstained bandages, it was just enough to make him laugh a little. Being seen as helpless was something that didn't fit well with the son of Momus. Maybe it was another reason why he didn't relent on his task to help June move even with that leg injury he had. Giving up was a sign of weakness, at least Caleb thought so. Jonathan, not so much. From a different perspective, it could mean that you were brave enough to walk away. That you were strong enough to let go.

((rofl, writing from Jonathan's POV is hard xDD))
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:41 am

June Prenston ♣ -- ares

June grudgingly shrugged, unsure of what she wanted anymore. Still, it felt better to know that Jonathan's act of kindness wouldn't go unnoticed. "I . . . It's what I want. Caleb's going to have to help me though, because techniqually, he's the one that owes you." June smirked at the reminder of Caleb owing everyone on the face of the earth and chuckled. Somehow, she didn't see him being happy about the daughter of Ares signing him up for assisting someone else. "How polite of you to buy me some time," June said in a both pompous and condescending tone.

June looked into the forest and immediately understood that she was seeing things. Her brain was still out of wack, and another sharp Ares laugh nipped at the back of her mind. The trees in the distance were shifting between looking like ghosts and monsters, weapons and trees. Even a few sets of eyes appeared to be staring the girl down, and June became unwilling to let on that she was feeling any different; that Ares had managed to take advantage of a small section of her brain. The demigod wasn't sure what kind of lasting effect not telling anyone about this would have, and she didn't care, as long as it didn't effect any decisions she made relating to Caleb. Best case scenario, the voice would be gone by tomorrow, or really be just Ares laughing in her head.

The girl barely heard Jonathan explain himself. She was busy watching the healers finish patching up Caleb. She nodded meekly at General before rushing towards Caleb and dropping to her knees. Like a giant force wind, June was struck with the sight or a still passed out son of Momus. "He's still unconscious . . ." June whispered, looking over her friend and shivering. "Are you not going to do anything about this?" the demigod then yelled, forcefully motioning to Caleb and glancing timidly at the satisfied healers. "You know what, never mind. Let's just get him to the infirmary." Trying to gauge Caleb's weight, June managed to get the boy's body resting on her shoulders as she resumed her spot underneath her friend's arms. She didn't trust the healers around Caleb, but it soon became obvious to the daughter of Ares that she could barely stand under her friend's deadweight.

"Jonathan! Are you going to help me or what?" June struggled to keep herself upright, determined not to lose her shame or damage her ego. Instead, she found people to yell at. "Random Apollo people! Sign Caleb and I until the infirmary or something." A smile played across the girl's lips as she spoke of herself entering the infirmary. That would make for happy Apollo children.

((Haha, well you don't have to use him with June anymore. Infirmary topicccc? xD In the middle of the night. 8D because I like night rp's for some reason don't ask why.))
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:37 am

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan watched the unconscious boy for a few moments, only half-listening to the scratchy-voiced healer that stammered out an explanation to June. Something about running the risk of choking if they tried to give Caleb ambrosia. It was easy to tune the healer out, both thanks to his ADHD and the fact that the Apollo boy kept sputtering out near incoherent sentences. Probably scared of June, he guessed.

Jonathan was at the boy's other side before the ever-so-subtle words left June's lips. Placing his arm around his shoulder, the son of Aphrodite opted to shift most of Caleb's weight to him. It didn't take a genius to know that June wasn't strong enough to carry him by herself. "I can take him," Jonathan said firmly, looking over her. It looked like her knees were ready to buckle under the dead weight. The last thing they needed was another body to carry. "You just go on."

Hunched under Caleb's arm, Jonathan started his way to the infirmary, but not before telling some of the healers to quickly prepare whatever they needed to prepare for the demigods' sudden confinement. As he watched some of the Apollo kids speed on without them, Jonathan snuck a look to the others' direction. Caleb looked peaceful in sleep, for once. June seemed a little preoccupied, but he assumed that it was because of the ordeal they had just been in. Jonathan had no idea about what went through the girl's mind, much less about the troubling voice that kept plaguing her thoughts. No, Jonathan was just quick to assume the more likely possibility of June getting so sick and tired of this facade.

"You owe me a favor, right?" he said, smiling. "Get a good night's sleep for me, won't you? You almost look like a zombie in there." He bit his tongue quickly to keep from saying anything else. Why did he have to say something like that to annoy the girl more? "Well, in any case, you'll need a healthy dose of beauty sleep, or whatever you girls call it," he added hastily, remembering his sisters' conversations back in his cabin.

Jonathan fixed his gaze back to the front, where he could just spot the infirmary in the distance. A sigh of relief slipped through his slightly parted lips. Just a few more steps and they would be saved. At least, he hoped they would be. The two demigods didn't need any more disturbances tonight. He could just hope that they could get a peaceful sleep after what they've been through. As much as he prayed though, something nagged the back of his mind. A suspicion. Something that told him that this was certainly not the end of it. The story had just begun to unfold.

((rofl. I'll make it this time, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. /glances shiftily at the pile of homework on the foot of the bed))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]   The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The minor adjustment [Runie-Balloonie]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next