Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

This just popped into my head, okay?

Go down 
+6
Beanie
Kol Mikaelson
Pip
Sniggle
kenzie
cher
10 posters
AuthorMessage
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

This just popped into my head, okay?  Empty
PostSubject: This just popped into my head, okay?    This just popped into my head, okay?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:34 am

And now a message from Cher...

Okay. So because I'm60% OCD, and 30% prick, I'm going to suggest a forum cleanup. I could do the cleaning, if none of the other staff members feel like doing. I'm tired of seeing dead threads, and they're all so clumped up. I know, everyone's probably thinking, "What's next? Suggesting uniform topic titles?" The answer is, probably. I don't know. Anyways, I would probably make a thread in chat and people would link their threads to me and I would move them to the graveyard. I would need an admin to help me with character threads, because I can't edit anything in the general board. I hate seeing pages and pages of threads that have been abandoned and finished, but are still sitting there. It's about time that the staff cleans it up. 

I'm also suggesting a set amount of time for the thread to be inactive. Three weeks, one month, I don't know. But there would be a thread for top cleaning announcements. 

The third suggestion is something quite... Controversial in the world of roleplay. Word count and quality. I realise that there's the four sentence rule, but people are posting fragments, and those aren't sentences. We could add a word count widget or something so that people could count their posts because it's getting ridiculous how some people are writing four fragments. Combined, some of these probably equal to one and a half sentences. I'm not asking for a 100 word wc, but at least a 50-70 wc, so that we can add some details. It also helps the other person reply.

I also think that we should have a character acceptance list. I'm sure that some people are tired of waiting and I would totally accept characters when I'm bored. -shrugs-

I guess I'm done my little rant/suggestion topic. -shrugs-

Last edited by Cher on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: This just popped into my head, okay?    This just popped into my head, okay?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:50 am

I like this idea (: I think we should put the date our topic was created in the title ad then after 3 weeks it gets deleted if its no longer active
Back to top Go down
http://saargent.tumblr.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: This just popped into my head, okay?    This just popped into my head, okay?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:17 am

I like this idea so long as people tell you when their thread is dead. Because I tend to inactivate threads for 5-6 weeks at a time, and then once I've got inspiration I go back to it. I don't want those deleted since I'm not actually done with them. D:
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

PostSubject: Re: This just popped into my head, okay?    This just popped into my head, okay?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Good idea, and I agree with Sni. Sometimes, my topics go inactive for a couple of weeks before me, or the other person gets around to posting. Plus, sometimes people forget about their topics and don't remember them for a while(I have to admit, it's happened to me several times)

But, I also like it because sometimes I'm scrolling through a specific location (ex. the lake) and I see a really cool topic that I want to reply to, but then I see that it's like, a month old. So then I get sad because it'd be weird to reply to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: This just popped into my head, okay?    This just popped into my head, okay?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Forum clean up is good yes yes
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: This just popped into my head, okay?    This just popped into my head, okay?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:50 am

In the admin control panel, there is a way to do this so that topics that are not posted in for a certain about of time are automatically removed.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: This just popped into my head, okay?    This just popped into my head, okay?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:52 am

I'M LOVIN' IT <3

If necessary I wouldn't mind becoming mod temporarily to help ;) Or just to get the powers and not colour and all that to help
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: This just popped into my head, okay?    This just popped into my head, okay?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Wait is buffy right?
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: This just popped into my head, okay?    This just popped into my head, okay?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:36 pm

I think we tried to have a forum clean up a while back, but it was only a few of the staff who actually moved a lot of topics to the graveyard.

Yeah, I'm up for another clean up. BUT ONLY IF MORE OF THE STAFF ACTUALLY HELPS BECAUSE IT'S SO TIME CONSUMING AND I HAVE NO PATIENCE OK.

(I still love you guys you're all fabulous.)
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: This just popped into my head, okay?    This just popped into my head, okay?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:03 pm

YES CHERRIE THIS IS LIKE AN AMAZING IDEA.

Same as Dean, I'd help. I have a lot of time on my hands where Im bored and doing nothing. I could like ask people if they're done with topics and make lists of what need to be moved or something like that.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: This just popped into my head, okay?    This just popped into my head, okay?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 1:39 am

That'd require admin approval, though. xD
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: This just popped into my head, okay?    This just popped into my head, okay?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:27 am

I love this idea. Especially the word count thingy.
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This just popped into my head, okay?    This just popped into my head, okay?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This just popped into my head, okay?
Page 1 of 1