Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Challengeing Head Councilors

Go down 
+8
Nico
jessica
Angel
selene
Gazimu
tethys
maddie ☹
rulerguy6
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

Challengeing Head Councilors Empty
PostSubject: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:25 pm

I think this forum sould have something on it where you can challenge the camp councilors for leadership, like in the Lost Hero. After you either: Complete a quest, do 550 posts or have 15 reputation, you can challenge the councilor to a battle. The battle goes on while the admins decide who the victor will be. So for example, if I challenge for the Hephestus cabin, we have an rpg battle in the arena while the admins decide or the pole comes up. Once the poll/descision is over, the victor makes the last post, winning the battle.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:27 pm

I say no. Why? The members of the site who have gotten their position as CL worked for the job, and we spent a week voting for this stuff. I don't think it's fair if just some random person fights the CL and then wins because of their friendship with the admin, and then everyone will do this.

Though, we could maybe stretch the idea? Some how, some way, but not for the CL ranking.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Interesting idea, but there were already polls for cabin leaders, so that means a majority whoever voted like the current leaders.
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:35 pm

I know, but what I'm saying is that for the fights, the descision would be amongst all the admins and Cabin Leaders, so only someone who's really known in the forum could even challenge let alone win.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:56 pm

And if you think about it, were revoting on Admins and Mods, why not reinstate Cabin leaders and implement this new rule along with it.

Because its accurate to books based in Camp Half Blood, as it is used in The Lost Hero, which takes place there, so its safe to assume its always been a rule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:30 pm

It could even stop us from having the CL elections, which is sometimes a waste cause we think they're doing well. With this, if someone isnt happy with the way the cabin's being run, then they could challenge it. If the cabin's happy, nothing changes
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:33 pm

CL Elections work a lot better, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:34 pm

How can you say they work better than something we have never tried? Thats impulsive, creating an opinion without gathering equal data on both options.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:34 pm

I still vote no. The cabin leaders are doing just fine, and with this, they would probably change weekly. I, for one, like my CL position, and wouldn't like it to be stolen from some random person. Yes, it may be more accurate, but no, we do not need it.
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Thats just what I've been saying though, it won't be taken by just ome random person unless you do a bad job, in which case it saves time, instead of waiting for re-elections. If some random person just decides to challenge you for no reason the Admins and other CL (youself included) Will go against him and he won't win.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:44 pm

I understand that, but do you realize how annoying it is to have a bunch of people randomly asking for it. They probably won't win, but it's annoying. And, if a CL is doing badly, why can't we just vote on a new CL? If he/she is doing badly and someone who sucks (equally) challenges them, who wins?
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Well, no one will ever admit that the CL is doing a bad job because its their friend, just like in the voting to remove some, lots didnt vote cause the people on the list were all friends.
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Well we could also elect another CL who sucks. I mean they may look good in both cases and turn out bad. We could modify it a little so this kind of thing can only happen if the CL starts messing up. I mean it would kind of be like re-elections, except there is no fixed date, it only happens when stuff goes wrong.
Plus I doubt many people would try and challenge, if they know they're not going to win, because it's a waste of everyone's time.
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:24 pm

I vote no on this. It would take too much time. Also, we recently had the votes.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:34 pm

We just recently had the votes for cabin leaders. Of you're already unhappy with the ones you chose then pm an Admin. They will deal with the situation. But challenging the cabin leader is exactly the same as saying they're not doing a good job to their face. It's an idea to give people a say, but they already do. You guys chose these cabin leaders. I don't think it's necessary to have something to vote them out.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 3:21 am

Maybe if a CL was inactive for a certain amount of time, unless we were notified, we could have some sort of contest/election for the position. I think it's a good idea. I think the people competing would have to have at least 800 posts. They should be well experienced and active a lot. Again this is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 10:11 am

--Maybe it's just because I'm a CL, or maybe it's that I like voting, but I'm going to say no. If just anyon could challenge th CL, you don't know if th CL was really doing a bad job or not. It will 9 out of 10 times be someone who just wants the position. Also, this is an allternate dmnsion from th original CHB. We don't need yo do everything the same. So, I'm going to vote no, and there were my reasons! Sorry!--
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Experienced Poster
Sonic

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 10:34 am

I say no.It isn't fair to the CLs who earned the position,and there would be way too many challenges.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 10:37 am

I'm fine with what we have now. Although this was a good idea, I am not really all for it.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:53 am

Two things strike a chord wrong here,

Music I think you suggested that the cabin is not aloud to impeach you If they think that you're doing a bad job, which IMO. Should be allowed. If the cabin doesn't like you leading ask an Admin for the cabin to vote on replacing you, As I say Let the People rule.

Angel, We actually only recently voted on cabins that had an inactive leader, like Hephaustaus(SP?) and not all of them, It seems like the plan was to do it on the solstice but of course with all the commotion that didn't happen.

Challenging might be an idea if a predetermined vote is taken deciding who the winner will be before it always happens rather than going super try hard on a cabin leader and being a total newbie that managed to get the requirements through another form of acquirement.

If someone doesn't like the way you rule you should (with the cabin) be able to vote them off. Like the United States President. You can't say "I just got this you can't vote me off." If they don't like you ruling they can get rid of you.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:58 am

I meant that I don't like the random challenging thing. If the CL is that bad, why can't the cabin just vote(with the wish granted by an admin)? I still say no to the random challenges, we voted and everyone likes their spot, but the idea of overruling someone is good. Maybe someone who is like the 'coach' or 'leader' of the war teams could be over ruled, but first, we'd have to assign those. But, CLs have responsibility to their cabin, same as mods to the site. We can't just have random members 'battling' a mod in a RP because they think the mod sucks.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:59 am

I agree with that I'm on the fence about the challenging but the pasture back where I came from looks waaay better.
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:02 pm

You realise that's exactly what I said. You misunderstood me when I said "challenge". I meant that there would be a vote going on and the "challenge" would just be an RP fight going on while the voting happened. Sorry if I said it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:14 pm

What he means is the person argues and an admin puts up a vote, and the fight is just for some RP fun while people vote.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:18 pm

Yea I got that, And if a Majority of a Cabin wants a new leader then that should happen what I find is the way that it should be addressed needs more attention
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challengeing Head Councilors   Challengeing Head Councilors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Challengeing Head Councilors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: