Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] Empty
PostSubject: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] David_13
D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N
๏1 6๏
S O N ๏ O F ๏ A P H R O D I T E

Spoiler:

"Picture PERFECT memories scattered all around the floor...
Reachin' for the phone 'cause I can't FIGHT it anymore...
And I wonder if I ever CROSS your mind...
For me it happens all the TIME...

~~~~~
~~~~~

๏D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N๏

Picking up my guitar, I felt happy, and free. I was alone in thsi hude auditorium, and I was free to play my music.

I took off my guitar pick necklace, and set it next to me. I tuned my guitar, which was easy, because it wasn't too off tune. I looked around the huge building, and the softly flickering lights above my head.

I picked up my pick, and started strumming random notes to warm up. I didn't need much warming up for my voice, it was a damp and rainy day outside, and the moisture enveloped my throat, and made it smoother somehow. So, I hummed while strumming, and looked longongly down at the guitar.

I started strumming "Teardrops On My Guitar" by Taylor Swift, but of course, changing the lyrics so it's a guy singing it. I keep singing until I get comfortable with the echoing around me, my own voice bouncing off the huge walls.

~~~~~
~~~~~

It's a quarter after one, I'm all ALONE and I NEED you now...
Said I wouldn't call but I LOST all CONTROL and I need you now...

And I don't know how I can do WITHOUT...
I just NEED you now."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] C8gfm
* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *

Daughter of Hephaestus

Echo was on her way to the amphitheater. Her light blonde hair was pinned back into a french braid, mostly covered by her Nike cap. The girl's dark brown eyes shone lightly in the spring's sun,along with her tool belt. Echo wore a yellow shirt, and shorts, which were both stained with brown and black spots. She couldn't help it, her work could get messy.

The demigod had been sent to go fix the stage, apparently there were some boards that needed to be hammered back in. Echo wouldn't have volunteered, since she was usually doing something, but apparently she was the only one with a free second. She heard music from the stage and gulped. Echo didn't want to interrupt, but knew that she had to walk in a do something anyways.

Being the clever person she was, Echo tripped on a stick in front of her on the way up. "Ah!" she screamed before getting a face full of dirt. The demigod looked up and saw a boy playing his guitar. "Crap." she thought.

http://www.polyvore.com/echos_wardrobe/set?id=45626207
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:34 pm

D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N
๏1 6๏

Spoiler:

~~~~~
~~~~~

I was immediatly was startled, and I stopped stumming and singing. My brown, green-flecked eyes grew wide as I looked at the girl. She had tripped, and now looked up at me. What was I supposed to say?

"Um..." I scratched my head, and gave a small chuckles. "Looks like that hurt."

Wow. That was stupid.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I just NEED you now."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 11:02 pm

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *

Daughter of Hephaestus

Echo scowled a little bit and got herself up. Most guys at camp would've offered to help. She stood up and wiped herself off, finding her hammer missing. Sighing, the demigod grabbed it from the ground. "Yes, face-planting hurts." Echo replied to him, walking over to the stage's base. She felt her face get red, because he was laughing at her.

Echo looked at the ground as she walked, her pace quickening as she went. "Don't mind me." she said softly. Echo didn't realize how dumb that sounded coming from a girl who was going to hammer in some loose boards. She knelt down and went to her work.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:34 am

D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N
๏1 6๏

Spoiler:

~~~~~
~~~~~

I instantly felt bad. I had just sat there like a lazy bum. I sighed, and put the guitar down, then put my necklace back on. Come on, say something.

"Um, is there anything I can do to help?" I asked, brown eyes full of remorse. I felt like it was my fault somehow, and I wanted to help in any way I could.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I just NEED you now."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:39 pm

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *

Daughter of Hephaestus

Echo looked up at him and shook her head. She didn't know why he was still there, most people would get up and leave by now. Then a thought struck her. "Well, you could play some." Echo said, glancing up at her. She brushed her hair out of her eyes and positioned the wood on the stage.

The demigod help it steady and began her hammering, hoping to hear his music fill her ears. She had felt bad to interrupt him in the first place, considering that he was really good at what he does.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:06 pm

D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N
๏1 6๏

Spoiler:

~~~~~
~~~~~

"Uh, sure," I said. I had honestly didn't expect her to ask me to do anything. But, since it would help, I'd do it.

I picked my guitar back up, took my necklace off, and tried to think of a song to sing. I couldn't think of one, so I just restarted "Teardrops On My Guitar". I kept the name Drew, because that could serve as girls name.

"Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so she won't see,
That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be
I'll bet he's handsome, that boy she talks about
And he's got everything that I have to live without...
"

~~~~~
~~~~~

I just NEED you now."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:29 pm

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *

Daughter of Hephaestus

Echo smiled softly as he began to sing. She brushed her hair out of her eyes and continued her work, only swinging her hammer on the beats that made sense to her. The demigod hoped that she wasn't interrupting his song. Echo placed another board on the older one, and pounded it in. The pieces of wood were fitting in well, and the demigod was moving along fast.

Echo found herself humming along to the song, not daring to sing along. She didn't want to mess up his wonderful song. She found it funny that he was singing Taylor Swift. Most guys didn't have the guts to do something like that.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:51 pm

D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N
๏1 6๏

Spoiler:

~~~~~
~~~~~

"So I drive home alone, as I turn out the light,
I'll put her picture down and maybe
Get some sleep tonight.

She's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar,
The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart.
She's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do.
Sh's the time taken up, but there's never enough,
And she's all that I need to fall into.

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so she won't see.
"

I finish, and flex my fingers. It wasn't a hard song to play, but I hadn't played it in a while, the chords were rusty.

I hoped Echo was done by now, because I was paranoid that other people were going to come in, and ask for my audagraph or something.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I just NEED you now."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:20 pm

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *

Daughter of Hephaestus

Echo was finished before the time his song ended, and had to stand up and crack her back. Squatting down and hammer things didn't have a great affect on her bones. Once she was done with her stretches she listened to the rest of his song, or Taylor Swift's rather. Echo smiled at him and looked at her finished stage area. "You're pretty good." she commented, sliding her hammer into her tool belt.

Echo crossed her arms and looked at his guitar, wondering various things about how he learned to play. "When did you learn to sing?" the demigod asked. She didn't talk this much, but was intrigued by his voice.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:51 pm

D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N
๏1 6๏

Spoiler:

~~~~~
~~~~~

I grimaced. I hated telling people about who I was, most people freaked out. And plus, I didn't like talking all that much. "I used to be a famous country singer," I said.

Even as I said it, it made me want to wince. Bad memories, along with good memories coulded my head, making my shake it slightly, and stroke my guitar softly.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I just NEED you now."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] Echoooo
* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *

Daughter of Hephaestus

http://www.polyvore.com/alona_tal/set?id=49140421

Echo raised her eyebrows, thinking he was lying to her. A famous country singer? Yeah, right. She looked at him against and saw the pained expression on his face. The boy wasn't lying. "Really? That's... interesting." Echo said, her brown eyes finding the floor again.

She slid her hands into her pockets and looked at the boy again. "I did mean you were good." Echo said truthfully. She didn't just give away compliments to people she barely knew often. There was something different about this boy, or had been. The demigod bit her lip as she waited for him to say something. Echo hated the silence that usually filled most of her time.

*Bam, Echo with a gun xD *

Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:42 am

D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N
๏1 6๏

Spoiler:

~~~~~
~~~~~

*Thats AWESOME!*

"Thanks," I said. I didn't really know what else to say. There wasn't much to talk about around here lately.

A silence surounded us, and it made me uneasy. It was like a huge blanket was draped over us, and we had to get it off somehow. Then, I realized something. I didn't evem know her name, and she didn't know mine.

"My name is David," I said.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I just NEED you now."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:30 pm

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *

Daughter of Hephaestus

Echo felt bad that she hadn't said more, but really, this was a lot of conversation coming from her. She bit her lip nervously, as she usually did whenever trying to figure something out. Right now, she was figuring how to start the conversation again. The demigod couldn't think of anything, but the boy was already talking.

Her big brown eyes shot up at him as he introduced himself. Echo has almost forgotten that she didn't know his name. In her mind, he was 'that boy' until she found out he was David. "Echo Flynn." The demigod replied, holding out a timid hand for him to shake. Wasn't this how normal people met? Then again, normal is overrated.

*It took way to long to find it xD*

Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:54 pm

D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N
๏1 6๏

Spoiler:

[color=white]~~~~~
~~~~~

Talking this much made me feel like I had some sort of disease. I couldn't get rid of it, but yet, I didn't mind talking to Echo.

I was intrigued that she actually held out a hand for me to shake. I slowly reached out my hand, and gripped hers. I moved my hand up and down timidly. I wasn't used to actually shaking hands, much less introducing myself to people. I gave her a small side-grin.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I just NEED you now."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:23 pm

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *

Daughter of Hephaestus

Echo felt a tingle up her spine when he gripped her's, and shook it none the less. Taking her hand back, she let both of them fall to her sides. "Hephaestus." Echo replied. She couldn't help but glance at her tools, guessing that David could've known that without her saying so. "And you're a...?" Echo asked, waiting for him to fill in the blank.

She didn't like talking this much. It was like a curse, or a spell. Echo usually just nodded, and worked all day. That was her life, and she was used to being guarded and armed. Biting her lip, Echo brushed her hair with a hand, it sliding smoothly over her blond curls. She never did really pay much attention to her hair, it just flowed the way it wanted too.

Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:27 pm

D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N
๏1 6๏

Spoiler:

~~~~~
~~~~~

I never liked answering this question. People always thought I was shallow when I answered, and then they paid extra attention to my looks. I hated it almost as much as I hated shopping.

"Aphrodite," I replied wryly.

*Sorry for the short post!*

~~~~~
~~~~~

I just NEED you now."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:33 pm

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *

Daughter of Hephaestus

Echo wasn't expecting that reply. She was thinking more Apollo, or one of the muses. Aphrodite wasn't even on the top ten list in her mind of possible parents of David. The demigod didn't want to make him feel worse, since it seemed he was miserable enough. Echo was searching her mind for something positive to say, but nothing came out. Nothing that would make him feel any better."Oh, I wasn't expecting that..." Echo muttered under her breath.

"Crap!" she instantly thought. What if he heard that and thought she was just as shallow as his sisters and brothers? Yikes. "Well, I guess it was nice meeting you..." Echo said, trying to get out of there fast. She didn't want to embarrass herself in front of him, not like she did to every other boy she met. Besides, David was different, like her.

A good different.

Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:39 pm

D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N
๏1 6๏

Spoiler:

~~~~~
~~~~~

I gave her a sad smile. I didn't want her to leave. She was cool, and she wasn't really talkative or anything. "I know this is going to sound lame," I said, locking my deep brown eyes with hers. "But could you please stay? I don't know... I guess I like having you here." My voice reverberated in the huge room, and it made me shiver, hearing my own smooth, flawless voice talk back to me.

Why was I so perfect? I hated it. I hated it so much.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I just NEED you now."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:45 pm

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *

Daughter of Hephaestus

Echo felt like screaming out of joy, or something. Anything to let her immediate feelings out really. She had never been asked to stay before, especially not by a boy like David. It had been a while since she last met someone who liked just hanging around, and not being so talkative and up-in-your-face. Hearing his beautifully smooth voice say that to her almost made her jaw drop. "Um, yeah, sure." Echo replied, awestruck.

Her big brown eyes were getting bigger, as they usually did when she was surprised. Echo looked him over once more, realizing how much he did look like one of those Aphrodite demigods, but you had to look really hard. Most of him was taken up by something different, something she couldn't place her finger on. "You're not like most Aphrodite kids, you know that?" Echo said, smiling softly. She had to return the smile, because let's face it,

She loved his smile already.

Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:48 pm

D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N
๏1 6๏

Spoiler:

~~~~~
~~~~~

I let a grin slowly take over my face. I was overjoyed she agreed to stay. She was really cool to talk to. No, not cool... I couldn't think of the word.

"Thanks," I said, still grinning. "And you're not what I expected either."

Perfect. Perfect was the word.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I just NEED you now."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:56 pm

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *

Daughter of Hephaestus

Echo smiled at him, not knowing why she couldn't keep that grin off her face. Maybe it was Aphrodite, and her powers. For now, the goddess seemed easy to blame. She wasn't used to the feelings that were buzzing around in her stomach. Echo noticed that he was smiling too. "You're not what I expected either." he said. What did that mean? She didn't smell that much of the forge today? Echo pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind, thinking it was foolish to dwell on such childish remarks.

Sliding her hair behind an ear, she looked at the stage she fixed. "And what did you expect?" Echo asked, glancing at him with a raised eyebrow. She really wanted to know what he would say, and what would come out of this conversation.

Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:01 pm

D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N
๏1 6๏

Spoiler:

~~~~~
~~~~~

I shrugged, and glanced upward. It was raining. The pitter patter of the rain sounded like little feet walking all over the roof, running, maybe playing a game.

"I don't know," I replied. "I though you guys were suposed to be... really tough and gritty."
Gods, I sounded like an idiot. I gave her an apologetic smile though. "I'm sorry. That must be really insulting to you."

~~~~~
~~~~~

I just NEED you now."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:13 pm

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *

Daughter of Hephaestus

Echo looked up at the sky, which had turned a dark blue, and tiny rain drops sprinkled down on her face. Since the rain did her no harm, she didn't bother moving from her unguarded area. Echo smiled as he explained how Hephaestus children were supposed to be. She let out a small laugh and averted her gaze to the ground. "It's okay, I'm used to it." Echo said with a shrug.

Then the rain got harder, and Echo looked up at the rain for a moment, considering it would be best to get in a covered area. She took a few steps backwards and ran up to the stage, jumping on it. Echo smiled and looked at David for his reaction.

Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:25 pm

D A V I D ๏ K A R E E N
๏1 6๏

Spoiler:

~~~~~
~~~~~

Her hair was half-way wet, and for some odd reason, I wanted to touch it. Her blonde curls were clumped in places, and still dry in others.

She had jumped to sit next to me, and I smiled. I locked my deep brown eyes wit hers again. I wanted to look down at the ground, but I couldn't. Most people would stare at my eyes, and get lost in them, seeing gods knows what.

I wanted to hold her hand. I felt like the rain was going to hurt her, and I wanted to protect her, and draw her close, feeling the warmth of her body next to mine. I could do it. I didn't know if I should. I didn't want to scare her away, and lose her.

Impulse, and probably my mother, lead my to inch my hand towards hers until my fingers touched hers, a few drops of water on her fingers. I was still looking into her eyes.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I just NEED you now."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]   Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practice Makes Perfect [P R I V A T E to M O O N]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next