Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] Empty
PostSubject: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:51 pm

Desiree sat along he dimly lit lake the lights of the stars refecting off the lake water was enough for he short british girl to read. Her dyslexia wasn't all that bad, but it still took effort to read. She enjoyed reading though, and read here often after curfew. She didn't really see many people after hours, but she often disreguarded them. It wasn't like they were going to bother with each other either. In a sense, it was a good thing. Unlike how people would be recodnised under broad daylight. She could do anything she wanted to for all they cared. Desi sighed and closed the book, not wanting to read for the moment and to enjoy nature. She wasn't the type, but sometimes, it was better to just stop and think anout things for a lomnet after an eventful day.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:08 am

I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] 2v1knm8
|Avery Hawthorne|17|

Avery walked to the lake, unable to sleep that night. He didn't know why, but it was if something was making him get off his butt and go to the lake. It wasn't that he hated the lake, no, quite the contrary, he adored it. It was the fact that he didn't like getting up in the middle of the night and have no purpose of doing anything at all, which meant boredom sooner or later.

After a while of strolling along the small waves, he noticed a girl. Her. The girl he had met at the festival. He smiled, walking over towards her. "Hey stranger." he said, giving her a wink as he looked at her. It was funny that night, they made a lantern together, and flew it high into the sky, he didn't wish for anything on that one, but on his well... he wished he could find someone.

He bit his lip lightly, "Mind if I join you?" he asked nervously, wiping his hands on his pants.

Last edited by Essie Darling on Tue May 08, 2012 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:34 am

Desi smiled. "Sure. I love talking to strangers. Mum says not to though." she says, playing along in her thick british accent. She knew she stood out, but he had kept the accent because it made her feel herself. She placed the book beside her and patted the groud on the other side. "Sit." she said. It wasn't a demand, however. It was more of a friendly gesture owards others that she often was mistaken for. She didn't really care what they thought about her, she could do things the way she wanted. Her life, her decisions.

Desi took out a plastic bottle of coke from her bag and took a sip, not caring if he was there or not. She was an independent girl, and nobody could tell her what to do. Quite the opposite, actually. She could be quite the bossy one whenshe wanted to be. Unlike most of her siblings wjo cowered in fear at the other campers. Even the kids of the minor gods. The children of cabin ten were just the mechanics, but she hated stereotypes. She always wanted to prove them wrong.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:24 pm

[color:1e08=0000cc]Avery smiled at her. "That's nice to know you're safe." he said jokingly. He gave her a half grin. He raised his eyebrows at her as she pulled out a coke bottle. "Smart." he complimented. He got out a cookie that he had snatched from his cabin. He broke it in half, "Want some?" he asked, giving her a smile.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Desiree smiled at him shyly. "Thanks." she said. She took a small bite of the cookie and looked farther across the lake. "So how was your day?" she asked him, trying to start a conversation. She lightly kicked the water, her hands on the ground and her back slanted slightly in a reclined position. She took another sip from the bottle.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:16 pm

He smiled at her. He leaned back, resting on his forearms, he looked over at her as she spoke. "Erm, the usual called my ma, same exact things that we say every time Leigh and I call her." he sighed, shaking the thought of that afternoon's events away. He looked over at her, "What about you? Anything exciting?" he asked raising an eyebrow towards her. He took his last bite of the cookie, wiping his hands on his jeans.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:22 pm

"I was stuck in the forges the whole day." she said, sighing. She sat back up,and stretched a bit, then yawned. Though she wasn't tired. At least, not right now. She didn't really know what to say. There was an awkward silence between them. She wanted to go for a swim, suddenly, but decided against it. Swimming in this weather was just asking to get sick. Getting sick was the last thing on her mind right now.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Avery nodded. "I'm guessing that you're a daughter of Hephesteus, then?" he stated, giving her a smile and an eyebrow raise. He looked out at the water for a minute. "That has to be hot..." he said quietly, "I-In the forges I mean." he quickly corrected. He gave a nervous laugh. He was always nervous around girls, they made him nervous. Just this girl... she made him especially nervous, as if he needed to be on her good side.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:49 pm

She laughed. "Yes, it is quite hot there." she said. "I am a daughter of Hephaestus. But I don't like the forges much, unlike majority of my siblings." she told him. Her feet moved around in the water. The breeze seemed to blow her hair back a bit, putting it all in place. It seemed to keep her cool in her tee and shorts too. She knew that most people wouldn't wear this at this time of the year, but the forges were really heated, and she didn't enjoy sweating like a pig.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:14 pm

He smiled at her laugh. He sat up, rubbing the back of his neck. "I would bet it is...a bunch of fire..."he trailed off, talking more to himself than her. He shook the hair out of his face, "You don't like the forges, alright." He gave her a smile, "So then... what do you like?" he asked, having waited for this opportunity to come so that he could ask her about what she liked and din't like without making it seem like a complete random question. Yes, he was that weird, he thought about those things.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:20 pm

Desi took out a fake I.D. and showed it to him. She pressed a finger against her lip lightly. "I DJ occasionally at a club in NYC. To think I prefer music over the forges." she said, almost trying to make herself face the truth than to tell him. She wondered what he liked, and who his mortal parent was. He wondered if he had any siblings. She wondered if he would tell on her. He didn't seem like the type to, though.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:35 pm

Avery looked at the ID a moment. He then raised an eyebrow at her, "Where can I get one?" he asked excitedly, he smiled at her. "I promise I won't tell!" he said, clasping his hands together as if he were begging. There was the Avery that everybody thought was too innocent and immature to understand what anything meant in real life.

He bit his lip, calming himself down. "It's too boring here. I need something like that." he pointed at her ID. He smiled, he could party, no matter what Leigh would think. He wasn't actually a little ten year old! He was 17, and wanted to be like a seventeen year old.

He wasn't going to let his sister or mom get in the way of him acting like that either. Sure, he had gotten wasted before, he tried smoking once and hated it. He didn't look or act like the type of kid to do things that required someone to be more mature, but there was a lot to Avery that single conversation, or glance wouldn't catch.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:09 am

Desi raised an eyebrow at the boy, as if to question what he would do with it. "I got it from Cali. My mom lives there." she explained to him. "If you need one, I could ask them to make one for you. I know a few people who could make a few for you in NYC. But it's not particularly cheap..." she trailed off. Then again, she didn't know who he really was. He could be a rich kid. Like Jeff.. she thought.

She shook the thought off. Not wanting to think of horrible past relationships. They seemed like old news, and she shouldn't think of them because they only brought up bad memories. She sighed, finishing the cookie and taking another sip of the ice cold soda. It all depended on what he was willing to pay, and what he wanted to do with it. Because if the boy was going to try weed with the stuff, then she'd be screwed. Not only would the MI6 step in, she was going to be in trouble with her mother, too.

Getting in trouble with her mother wasn't an option. She had to know the kid better to give him access to that stuff, and she wasn't responsible for whatever he did with that thing. From drinking, to smoking, to pronz, she didn't have anything to do with it, but if he ratted her out, she would have to change her name again, and move to another country, take on another accent, etc.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:37 pm

He looked at her, "I would only wanna go hang out at some clubs, maybe with some pretty girls who want to get out of camp for a while?" he asked, raising an eyebrow towards her. He gave her a smile. "What it costs..." he sighed, with the allowance he got, "It doesn't matter." he said, he would spend it all, and hope his mom didn't find out what he had.

If Amber did find out, she would freak. He sighed, biting his lip, he hoped that she didn't judge him immediately because of his wealth. he hated it when people did that. He looked at her, "So, you want to go, with me?" he asked, looking at her.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:56 am

~I trust his mother couldn't care any less about underage drinking, rofl.~

Desi laughed a bit, finding this boy quite amusing to hang out around. "Sure. By the way, clubs are boring. Raves, raves are much more fun." she told him with a wink. "It's 200 bucks each. Though I'm sure I can pull a few strings..." she trailed off. Though this boy seemed perfectly innocent, she was known to be paranoid. Heck, she was so paranoid, it was kind of freaky. She overthought everything. Most of the time, she was wrong. Kayword: MOST of the time. There was stil that 99.99% possibility that scared her. Calm down Felicity. You're getting paranoid again... she told herself.

It was the 11 year old her that was showing up. Her little vulnerable thoughts that she had tried to bury so much. The childhood that she wanted to bu- she stopped herself. She was talking with someone, not trying to sleep. There was someone right in front of her who was probably talking to her as she blocked everything out. She snapped back into reality, realizing that she had been fidgeting alot., as if she was nervous. As she realized that she was scared, somewhere below that flirty, tough exterior.

Every small sound wanted to make her jump. She could hear everything in the forest, as if someone had plugged an amplifier right by her ear. She kept herself composed, she crossed her legs, taking yet another sip of the bubbly carbonated drink in her hand. He looked at the reflection of the moon in the calm waters.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:09 pm

I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] 2v1knm8
|Avery Hawthorne|17|
He smiled at her, "Then it's settled, let's go to a rave." he winked at her. For a bit, the place was filled with silence, well, not complete silence, you would always have the sounds of the lake, and things in the forest, but he usually looked over that. He looked at Desi. "Erm, are you okay?" he asked cautiously, he knew to be cautious, not many people at camp ever wanted to admit true feelings.

He bit his lip, looking at her, his lips drawn together in confusion and slightly worry. She looked like she was about to jump any second, then, she sort of looked normal. He sighed, "Nevermind." he said quietly. He shook the hair out of his face, "So..." he trailed off, running out of things to say, and when he ran out of things to say...he acted on impulse.

--Lol, true. Still, don't you think even if she drank young, she would be worried for her youngest? xP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]   I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I couldn't sleep, what about you? [e s s i e]
Page 1 of 1