Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
annika.

annika.

A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) Empty
PostSubject: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:07 am

A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) Tumblr_lm6lzh0gpd1qdp053o1_500

[anneliese, daughter of aprodite]
▲△▲

Anneliese sat by the beach, fidgeting with the hem of her orange Camp Half-Blood shirt. So far, her life in the camp has been fairly good. Sure, she didn't have that much friends but hey, at least she didn't have that much enemies.

She heard the padding of footsteps approaching. She looked to her left and gave the person a warm, friendly smile.

"Hey," she greeted.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:18 am

A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) Jonathancopy
|Jonathan|16|Adams|
// A P H R O D I T E \\

Jonathan didn't know why he ended up in the beach again, especially after that incident with the Nereid. Nevertheless, he was back, but this time not dressed for swimming. He seriously did not want a repeat of that rather traumatic event which almost resulted to him or his friend Austin drowning. He shuddered at the very thought.

The waves rolled along the shore peacefully and Jonathan found it soothing just to watch. He may not be a son of the god of the sea, but that didn't mean that he couldn't enjoy looking at the water every now and then. Jonathan let the shallow waves lick around his bare feet, savoring the cool sensation the water brought. He sighed and looked up, noticing that there was another person around. It was his half-sister Anneliese.

Jonathan smiled back at her. "H'llo. Nice seeing you outside the cabin," he said, sitting down beside her. "Enjoying camp so far?"
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:27 am

▲△▲

"I guess." Anneliese bit her lip, moving so her long legs would be pressed against her chest, "I just miss my family, that's all."

She looked out to the ocean, staring at nothing in particular. Coming to Camp meant leaving her dad, his wife, and her half-brother, Jaxon. The Mist manipulated their memories into thinking she was sent to a prestigious camp for the arts, not to a camp for human-god hybrids.

"When did you come to camp?" she asked Jonathan.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:40 am

"Three years, give or take," Jonathan replied after a short moment of deliberation. He gave Anneliese a look of understanding. It was common for them demigods to miss their mortal families, of course. Jonathan wasn't exempted of that, even if he wasn't even related to his family by blood. His adoptive parents were much closer to him than his real father and his goddess mother as much as Jonathan didn't want to admit. Though what he wouldn't give to meet his real parents...

"I miss mine too. I was adopted when I was around three," Jonathan said, the words easily rolling off his tongue. He didn't find it hard to open up to people, even those he barely knew. "I love them, my adoptive parents, I really do. Sometimes I sneak out to see them when I can't handle it anymore."

Jonathan sighed. He knew that sneaking out of camp had some consequences. For one, his family would be in danger if he visited. As a demigod, he can attract some unwanted monsters and so. Thank the gods nothing bad happened during his visits. "I know it puts my family in more danger when I go see them, but I just have to make sure they're okay," Jonathan said, feeling the need to defend his actions.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:01 am

▲△▲

"Oh," she said dumbly. Anneliese wasn't the experienced with guys, let alone an older brother. So she awkwardly patted him on the back. She wasn't much of a talker, more like a listener.

"My family thinks that they sent me to a rich-kid school for artistic people. They're probably gonna wonder if I show up during the middle of the school year," she said.

Anneliese looked at her half-brother. No doubt he was good looking, all of Aphrodite's kids were. It made her think.

"You've been at camp for a while now. Has any girl caught your eye yet?" she nudged him playfully.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:24 am

Jonathan let out a soft chuckle as Anneliese patted his back. "Thanks," he said, appreciating the small gesture.

Jonathan raised his eyebrows at the mention of her school cover-up. Did that mean that her parents didn't know that she was a demigod? Before Jonathan could ask though, Anneliese opened up a topic that he was rather uncomfortable with. Girls. Jonathan sighed ruefully. Now that was one subject he didn't really expound on with other people. Jonathan doubted if he even told anyone about his dating problems. Not that they would believe him if he did. Most campers assumed that if you were the child of the goddess of love, you wouldn't have any trouble wading into the dating scene.

The son of Aphrodite shrugged. "Not really looking at the moment," he said simply, managing a weak smile. Okay, that was probably a part lie. But he wasn't even sure about that. Jonathan just didn't really want a repeat of his past failures in relationships.

Wanting to steer this conversation away from these waters, Jonathan decided to return the question. "I know you've been here just a short while, but I'm sure you've seen a lot of guys around," Jonathan said. "Has anyone stood out?" he asked innocently with a mischievous grin on his face.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:43 am

▲△▲

Anneliese observed the way her brother acted toward the subject of love. The way he sighed when she asked about the subject to the way he tried to smile at her. She wondered what could've happened to him that made him act a certain way towards love.

"OK, this is going to sound ironic. But," Anneliese started, "I kind of have commitment issues. I know, I know. How the Hades can the daughter of the goddess of love have a hard time falling in love? It's not that I have difficulty with finding the right guy, the problem is that I fall too hard. Just imagine how I was after my first boyfriend dumped me back in the sixth grade."

She didn't know what urged her to open up to Athan. She felt like he could be the older brother she always asked for. Yeah, she loved Jaxon but it was a nice change for once.

"So, no. I mean, there are lots of cute guys here, don't get me wrong. But none of them tried to approach me or whatever."

ooc: how exactly do you do the dating scene on here? O.o i'm kinda new here hehe
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:57 am

Jonathan couldn't help but smile as Anneliese told him about her issue with love. At least now Jonathan knew that he wasn't alone with these types of problems. He also fell too hard, and when you're in it deep, it was also equally hard to get on with your life.

"That makes two of us," Jonathan admitted. A little part of him wondered how many of his other siblings felt this way.

"You never know what's in a guy's mind. They might have been shy. Others might have been intimidated by the fact that you're a daughter of Aphrodite. Sometimes they think that some girls are just out of their league," he explained. He shrugged. "Some might even want the girls to make the first move."

((Through roleplays. Like, two characters can meet and just interact with each other for a while, and then suddenly, one of them asks the other out. Some people also dib other people's charries for relationships. There's also the new CHB Matchmaker where 'cupids' match up your charrie with another. You can also poke around some threads to see how the dating stuff works. Hope that helped ^^))
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:17 am

▲△▲

Anneliese was relieved when she found out that she and Athan shared the same issue. She considered what he had to say on the theory that boys could've been intimidated by her bloodline. She never really thought of it that way. Curse Aphrodite and her damn genes.

"Wow. It's nice seeing things through a different point of view. If only it were that easy," she spoke.

"Have any guys to introduce me to?" she joked, wiggling her eyebrows at him.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:29 am

"Love had never been easy."

Jonathan laughed, considering Anneliese for a few seconds. He pretended to be in deep thoughts for a few moments before answering. "Dunno. You want me to put up some flyers? 'Daughter of Aphrodite looking for a lasting relationship.'"

Jonathan chuckled at that as he rubbed some sand off his hands. "I imagine that there would be a lot of boys applying for that position," he said, shooting her a playful look.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 am

▲△▲

Anneliese rolled her eyes, playfully shoving her older brother. "Oh pish posh. Me? Totally."

She could picture it already. Dozens of cute guys clamoring for at least ten minutes with her. Maybe she could even picture herself with an actual boyfriend. She shook the idea off. It was incredibly stupid.

"That could work," she noted sarcastically. At least she hoped it sounded sarcastic. Anneliese was so used to the tone of sarcasm that people usually thought she was serious half of the time.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Jonathan laughed, rubbing the back of his head as he planted one of his palms on the sand to regain his balance. So this was what it was like to have a sister. Jonathan found it amusing that in his three years of stay in this camp, he had not really bonded much with his siblings. Maybe it was because he was used to keeping to his thoughts when he was at the cabin rather than talk to his siblings.

"So you want me to be your matchmaker?" Jonathan asked Anneliese teasingly, wiggling his eyebrows in a comical way.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 pm

▲△▲

"Oh gosh no!" Anneliese exclaimed, worried that he might've thought she was serious. "I was being sarcastic, Athan!"

She paused, noticing the air has become a little chilly. She put on the Camp Half-Blood hoodie that was resting on her lap the entire time. "I'd rather find a guy myself, actually. Not a big fan of blind dates. Have you ever been on one?"

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:04 pm

Jonathan chuckled to himself. "I was kidding," he admitted in-between laughs. He really had to refine his joking techniques. Who knows how many people have taken his jokes seriously? Jonathan pulled his leather jacket tighter around him to protect himself from the cold breeze.

"Just a few. My friends like setting me up," Jonathan said, smiling at the memory. "Never worked out though. I don't fall too easily, see."
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:14 am

▲△▲

"Wow, it seems like Aphrodite's kids are really unlucky with love," Anneliese thought aloud.

Mom just liked the keep herself entertained with her children's love lives, doesn't she? She wondered if this also happened to the other Aphoride kids.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:26 am

Jonathan sighed, running a hand through his messy hair. "Mom likes drama and romance. We just get... caught up in it."

He looked up to the sky, noting that it was a clear blue. "Not all of them do," he said, thinking about some of his brothers who got lucky. "We're just the same as every other person, but they think that it's a bigger deal for us since we're the demigods of love."

Jonathan decided that it was time to switch topics, else he and Anneliese might end up wallowing in depression about their tangled love lives. "Been to every place in camp yet?"
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:52 am

▲△▲

"I've been to a few places, but not each one. I'm staying away from anything that involves sports. It's not my fortè." she grinned sheepishly. "I'm not that fond of sports."

She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Anneliese wished she played a sport, but she didn't like the idea of sweating. She found it gross and icky. The closest thing to exercise she had was walking her dogs back home.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:06 am

Jonathan had been expecting that kind of answer for some strange reason. Most of his sisters were not into sports, or anything outdoor-ish, in general. Maybe it came with the package of being a daughter of Aphrodite. Come to think of it, he wasn't much of a sporty person himself, unlike some of his brothers.

"And what about the arena? You into fighting?" Jonathan asked curiously. He anticipated another 'no' since Anneliese avoided sports in general, but he was really just making sure.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:21 am

▲△▲

Anneliese shook her head. "Not really. I could fight, sure. But I wouldn't really be into it unless fighting at night. Less chances of sweating, y'know?"

She wondered if the other Aphrodite kids were also not into sports. She guessed that they probably weren't, too. She also thought if most of Aphoridite's kids were almost exactly the same. Way to make me feel special, mom, Anneliese thought.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:37 am

The sixteen-year-old boy nodded slowly. He couldn't help but grin at Anneliese's last sentence though. Not that he could blame her, really. It probably ran in her blood and his too, come to think of it. Jonathan dusted the sand off his hands, the grainy texture of it making him rather uncomfortable.

"I understand," Jonathan said, not adding that he felt quite the same way himself. Of course, sometimes it would be inevitable, and he had to bear the fact that fighting led to an unsanitary appearance. Well, better be dirty than dead.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:55 am

▲△▲

They were left in silence for a while before Anneliese cleared her throat. She turned to her brother, studying him. It's so weird how we look nothing alike but we're related, she thought. We've been talking about our mortal families and love lives yet I don't know the basic stuff about him.

"What's your favorite color?" she blurted before she could stop herself.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:01 am

Jonathan was slightly taken aback by that question. It was just so simple that it was rather surprising. Most demigods here asked who your godly parent is or what kind of powers you have. Nothing as simple as colors. Smiling, Jonathan took a few moments to think before answering.

"I'm really fine with any color, as long as it looks good. But then, if given the choice, it would have to be white--the color for purity." Jonathan chuckled slightly, before turning to Anneliese.

"I guess yours is pink?" he teased, going with the color most girls (at least according to his knowledge) liked.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:10 am

▲△▲

Purity. Interesting. Well, what was she expecting? Some girly color? Just because their cabin was pink, didn't mean that the boys enjoyed the color.

Anneliese blushed at Athan's guess. Was it that obvious? "Hot pink or cotton-candy pink, to be exact. Nowhere near the cabin's color." she shuddered at the thought of the cabin. It looked like a unicorn puked all over it.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:17 am

Jonathan looked pretty happy with himself for getting it right. Well, it was rather easy. He ruffled his already messy hair to give his ADHD hands something to do. He smiled at the comment about the cabin's color. He neither liked or disliked it, but the most boys didn't like the idea of living in a girly-looking cabin.

"It's been like that for ages. I guess no one wanted to renovate or something," Jonathan said.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:28 am

▲△▲

Anneliese wondered when was the last time the cabins got renovated. Also she wanted to know who was responsible for giving the Aphrodite cabin a sickly paint color.

"Hopefully the next time it gets renovated, the color wouldn't be so 'in your face.'" she laughed, shaking her head. "Hopefully even a ban on excessive use of perfume."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)   A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new friend, perhaps? (PRIVATE WITH SAPH)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next