Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] Empty
PostSubject: The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph]   The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:58 am

The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] Buffy-promo-pics-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-634511_300_382

Buffy Summers, Daughter of Khione

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

The Cabin was colder than pretty much anywhere else in Camp. But it was home.
I couldn't imagine living in the other cabins. The plain Hermes one. The golden Apollo one.
The Khione Cabin was where I had spent the last few years of my life.
Shifting the weight of the backpack I had slung over my back, I walked to the door and opened it quietly. This was one of my food runs. One of my Sister's, Taylor, had asked me to bring her food around the times lunch, breakfast, dinner and all were at. So stashed away in my bag was a chicken sandwich and tortilla chips, with a bottle of water from Auburn's own stash. She'd probably kill me, but she hadn't been in her Cabin, and sharing was caring.
I was starting to wonder why Taylor had asked me to bring her food. It was like she didn't want to be outside, or with people. Course, I put it down to her being sick. But it could have been something else.
Maybe she'd had a rough breakup. Maybe she was allergic to sunshine. Maybe she was made of ice and if she went outside she'd melt. Okay. So maybe not the last two, but I was speculating.
That usually led to some funny speculations. And then some funny conclusions when the real answer came out.
So far she hadn't seen fit to tell me the exact reason. And it wasn't really my business. I barely knew her.
But it would be nice to know why I fetched food for someone I barely knew. Oh well. That was life. I was shielded from information I may not be able to digest. Like a Taco.
Walking to the room Taylor was in, I knocked softly on the door.
'Hey Taylor? Got your food...' I called lightly, and waited.

Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph]   The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 11:33 am

taylor lilian brooks
Daughter of Khione

Hugging her knees close to her chest, Taylor sat with her back leaning against the cold bedframe. Draped over her was a fluffy blanket, even if she didn't really need the warmth it provided. The cold was second nature to her, being a child of Khione. Still, that didn't mean that she was used to the cold train of thoughts her mind contained, those that spoke of nothing but pain.

Dammit, Taylor, she thought to herself, exasperated. When are you ever going to get your act together?

Suddenly, a soft knock echoed in the empty room and Taylor immediately scrambled out of the bed, leaving the tangled blanket curled up against the mattress. Running a hand through her unruly auburn hair, she quickly snuck a glance at one of the mirrors in the room and frowned. It was easy to tell that she wasn't in a good state. Though she was as pale as always, there was no mistaking the pair of bloodshot eyes that stood out from the rest of her appearance. Self-consciously smoothing out the ends of her jersey, Taylor sighed before finally opening the door.

The sight of Buffy pulled out a half-hearted smile from the ashen-faced girl. "Thanks, Buffy," she said gratefully. It was easy to see how her voice didn't contain her usual excitement. "I probably would've starved to death without you. Oh and, er, please pardon how I look like a sorry excuse of a human being at the moment." Taylor gave out a hollow laugh. It suited her. She felt hollow; she felt so out of life. Like a ghost.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph]   The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:23 pm

The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] Tumblr_ma2w98Phyu1r0uw44o7_250
The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] Tumblr_m747ivMvqU1r2ol81o4_250

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

She didn't look good. And that was coming from me in my kitty outfit.
I was wearing a black jumper, with the design of a cat face on it. My shoes were cats as well, and I had my silver Claddagh and cross necklace on too. My hair was loose around my face, because there was effort in tying it up.
'Well I'm here too help,' I smiled at the mention of the food.
Oh yeah. Food.
Swinging my bag off my back, I opened the zip and pulled the food from the top. Holding that carefully, I took out the bottle of water and juggled the bag closed and onto my back again. Then I offered it too her.
'You don't look like a sorry excuse for a human being by the way. More like... you look like your sick, and need to rest more.'
I tried as hard as I could to be comforting, and I possibly succeeded. On the other hand, comforting didn't come as natural as say... sarcasm. Or humor. Or anything else.
I wasn't the comforting type of person. The only time I was actually capable of making someone feel better was when I understood what they were going through, or knew roughly how they were feeling. Right now, I wasn't really on the side of knowing.
Wouldn't it be just my luck that this barely-a-conversation turned into the awkward-once-was-a-barely-conversation?

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph]   The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:05 pm

taylor lilian brooks
Daughter of Khione

Taylor was still smiling, albeit a little forced, when she took the food and water from her sister's grasp. She appreciated Buffy's words of comfort, she really did, but these situations had never been her forte, not even if she was doing the comforting (it'd probably end up in a worse state for both parties). All she could do was force back a smile, and that didn't even look convincing. How utterly pathetic.

Not wanting the awkward silence to take over, Taylor just went with the first things that came to her mind. "Yeah, maybe. It's been what, three days?" She sighed. Will she ever get better? The thought was disturbing her, in all honesty. Taylor wasn't a pessimist. But then, she wasn't a lot of things before this whole mess started. "Guess I just have to... Gods, I don't know anymore."

Taylor's eyes squeezed shut, reopening them after a few moments. The magnitude of her problems hit her like a wave once again and it was all she could do not to break down. Instead, she held herself together and looked back up at Buffy. Should she tell her? She had only told one person, and things didn't end well between them. Should she risk it with one of her half-sisters? They weren't especially close or anything, but then, Buffy had been bringing her food. That ought to count for something, right? Besides, if she didn't let all these things out, she feared she would explode.

"Do you want to come in?" Taylor asked tentatively, taking a small step back. It was the most subtle invitation she could come up with, and she hoped Buffy would get her drift. After all, 'would you like to listen to me rant about how stupid my life is?' sounded really bad in her head. Buffy hadn't really asked about her condition and for that, Taylor was grateful. Although, it did leave her a little confused. Was Buffy holding her curiosity back for the sake of being polite, or was she just not interested in the topic in general? Taylor was about to find out.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph]   The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 5:44 am

The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] Tumblr_maa4f4Ki9E1rwerax

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Poor girl. It was most definitely more than having the stomach flu, or a migrane. There was something else, and I felt my heart go out to her.
I nodded at her three days remark, not really sure I could trust what I would say. I mean, I'm pretty insensitive at times. I'd been told. Hell, I pretty much spent the whole time apologizing for saying something that was supposed to stay inside my head rather and outside.
'Do you want to come in?'
Sure, a simple question in general. But I didn't want to intrude on anything she didn't want me to know. Then again, maybe she wanted to tell someone. Gods, live was so hard at times. Smiling, I nodded.
'Sure,' and I stepped lightly passed her.
She had gotten up in a a rush, because the blanket was twisted on her bed.
Turning, I tried to keep the smile in place. Course that was the perfect moment for me to show an example of saying things that shouldn't have been said.
'So... Taylor, you don't have to say anything if you don't want to. I mean, I'm here to listen, and to help if its what you need, or want, but I'm certainly not gonna pry if you don't want to tell...'
Ah. Whoops.
It wasn't like I wasn't curious. I was. But if it was me with something to hide, I probably wouldn't trust anyone enough to tell them what was wrong. Maybe Taylor, my half-brother. Possibly Auburn if she wasn't so stuck up all the time.

:/:/OOC: I'M SORRY OKAY D: I had to think on the spot and this was what came from that XD I'm going to choir now anyways, but when I'm back, if you want me to change something or everything, I shall! Okay? Okay!

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph]   The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:58 am

taylor lilian brooks
Daughter of Khione

Taylor bit her lip as Buffy walked past. Was this the right decision? Was she really going to tell Buffy about all that? Usually she went with her instincts, but her decision-making skills hadn't been the best recently. After all, look where that got her. Still, maybe some company would do her good. She had spent a fair amount of time alone and perhaps it was time for her to mingle with another human being. Taylor decided to just let this be a normal conversation, something to keep her mind off things. She needed distractions. Badly.

"Hey, it's fine. Been a while since I last talked to someone and I'd appreciate the extra company," Taylor reassured Buffy as she walked over, cringing a little at the state of her bed. "I mean, I just spent the last few days with these things," she added, holding the blanket up for emphasis. After tucking it under her pillows, Taylor plopped down on the bed, gesturing for Buffy to do the same.

"Thanks again," Taylor said as she saw the chicken sandwich clearly for the first time. She set the tortilla chips beside her, making sure that it was in Buffy's reach in case she wanted to eat too. "Feel free." She took a bite of sandwich and chewed on it slowly as she attempted to gather her thoughts. I've been cooped up too long, a small part of her mind complained. I think I've forgotten how to start a conversation. A few moments later, Taylor finally spoke.

"So... what's new in the outside world?"

ooc: lulz it's fine xD
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph]   The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:26 am

The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] Tumblr_maa4f4Ki9E1rwerax

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

I smiled wryly and pushed a small piece of my hair back behind my ear.
Sitting beside her on the bed, I picked up a tortilla chip and popped it in my mouth, chewing and savoring the taste. Tortilla Chips were under-rated.
'Thanks,' I smiled, and felt a little more comfortable around her.
The next questions however took me a while to answer.
Things had been happening of course. I wasn't exactly in on them, but I knew something was up. People coming back from the dead for one. I didn't know them, but it was happening according to Anya and Serenity. They both lived for the gossip. Then there was the other, more subtle things, love, loss... it all happened on a daily basis here.
'Well... I'm probably not the best to tell you the bigger things. But nothing much has happened anyways, so you know...'
Trailing off, I tried to think of something I knew that she might find interesting. So this is what my life has become. I can't even think of gossip.
There would have been a time I knew everything that went on here. Anything scandalous, I would be able to tell you. Then that time ended, and I was brought here. Being the most popular girl in my old school was a distant memory now.
'Has no one else been coming in to visit you Taylor?' I asked, instantly regretting it.

:/:/OOC: This is so late Oh My God D: I was busy with Choir the last week and had a crap mini laptop so I only got to post now D: Sorry Saph (:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph]   The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Winter Here's Cold, And Bitter... [Private To Saph]
Page 1 of 1