Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Luck

Luck

Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:17 am

Johnathan 'Jc' Collins -- Tyche -- 16

Jc stood in the middle of the arena, this was his 3rd sword practice in his 8 days at CHB. He stood in the center surrounded by 6 dummies in Greek armor, one of the Hephaestus kids had rigged the dummy so they moved, making them more difficult to hit. Jc unsheathed Kadios, its bronze blade glistening in the sun. the leather handle fitted perfectly in his hand, the weight of the blade was perfectly balanced, he took a step forward slashing his blade *Swoosh* his blade sliced thru the air. He then jumped forward beheading the dummy closest to him. He then side stepped to his left stabbing another in the chest, almost missing it thou. He then ran towards the next one, jumping in the air 3 feet away and bringing down his blade right in the chest of a combat dummy. He cut the dummy right in half. He turned to slice his next target, he went for the chest again slashing at it to break the armor. His first strike bounced off the heavier amour, he then tried jabbing the armor and was able to penetrate the amour. He then ran over to the next set of targets, tried to jump and stab again but miss calculated and feel on his face right next to the two dummies. “Dam” Jc said his face in the dirt, with a dummy hitting his side every time it tried to move.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:33 am

~Caleb, 15, Son of Momus~

The sharp knife sliced through the air before lodging itself in a dummy's chest. Fake blood spurted from the middle of the chest, coating the knife with the red liquid. A second knife followed and it hit the forehead perfectly, and Caleb was again rewarded with another burst of fake blood. Sighing calmly, he walked up to the dummy to retrieve two of his knives. The blades gleamed brightly as they joined the set currently strapped to Caleb's belt. They were slightly different from Caleb's trusty weapon, as these knives were small and had some kind of rings on the end of the handles. Caleb noted how they looked like the 'kunai' shown in an Anime he had heard of. But Caleb didn't mind their difference--they were quite perfect for knife-throwing.

Out of the corner of his eye, Caleb spotted a familiar boy sparring with some dummies. He watched first, and chuckled at the boy's miscalculation as he fell face-first to the ground. Caleb blinked, trying to get rid of the discomfort caused by his contacts (his glasses were inappropriate for the arena), before flicking two knives at JC's direction. The blades hit the dummy that was hitting JC's side. The dummy collapsed, and smirking, Caleb drew closer to retrieve both his weapons.

"You're welcome," Caleb said icily to JC as he bent down to pluck the blades out. "You jumped too soon. Over-excitement can lead to death," he remarked offhandedly, his critical nature getting the better of him.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Luck

Luck

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:42 am

Jc looked up at Caleb, "Ya, well thanks, nice knives thou, you get those at a comic book convention?" Jc stood up and recovered Kadios, and brushed the dirt off the blade. he then looked back at Caleb not giving him time to answer his first question and asked, "So how long have you been at CHB, I am betting pretty long, because you are pretty good with those blades."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:51 am

Caleb frowned. Was the comic book convention thing supposed to be an insult? He placed his fingers on the bridge of his nose, but lowered them when he realized that he wasn't wearing his glasses. "There are some in the Armory. You haven't been looking close enough," he said stiffly. "And I have been here half a year," he added, a hint of pride in his voice.

Caleb looked at JC's bronze sword. "I assume you're quite new?" he asked, raising one of his eyebrows. He slightly smirked at his implication.
Back to top Go down
Luck

Luck

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:38 am

"Oh cool, I did not know they had throwing knives in the armory, When I got my sword it was shoved in the corner with a bunch of junk, when I picked it up it started shining, so I took it a a sign and took it. I did some research on it and found out that it once belonged to a great hero that was a son of Tyche." Jc looked down at his sword proudly."Oh, and I have only been here for like a week, I haven't got much practice in but I seem to be pretty good with a sword, I have seen a little bit of camp, but its not like any one showed me around, someone told me about a pony guy, but I never saw him." Jc then sheathed his sword.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:18 am

Huh, he either didn't get the implication or just ignored it, Caleb mused, looking at JC thoughtfully. Typical, almost everyone wanted swords. It was definitely one of the most overused weapons in Caleb's book, and the bow and arrow is the close second. "A pony guy?" Caleb asked skeptically. "Assuming you mean Chiron, a centaur," he emphasized as he twirled one of his blades around his finger, "he stays in the Big House."

Caleb studied JC. He was shorter than he was, with a skinny build. He seemed too talkative or too trusting, either of them, Caleb assumed. Maybe JC just liked talking? This is why I hate this place, Caleb thought, getting slightly annoyed. "You talk too much, don't you?" he said, before suddenly flicking a knife just narrowly missing JC's head by an inch. The blade stuck to one of the moving dummies JC used for practice. Caleb smirked.

"Don't fret; I didn't aim for your head," he said truthfully. "If I had," Caleb half-turned, flicking another knife to one of the dummies behind them where it squarely lodged itself on the dummy's chest, "You'd be dead now."
Back to top Go down
Luck

Luck

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:31 am

"I guess I do, but hey, I'm pretty good at gambling, especially with fate" Jc looked him right in eyes and smiled. "And I am pretty sure you couldn't kill me, because I know my mother would be helping me with every move I make, what would your father do, blame you for screwing up and getting killed?"Jc waited for Caleb's next move, Jc was used to people like Caleb, accusing others for their miserable times, and never thinking it may be his fault. Someone had to teach him a thing or two.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:41 am

Now, that got on Caleb's nerves. "And my father is who, exactly?" Caleb asked him with narrowed eyes. He didn't recall telling anyone who his father was. "You put way too much trust on your parent," Caleb continued without waiting for an answer. "With so many siblings you have, how can you be sure that your mother chooses to keep a closer eye on you, out of them all?"

And without warning, Caleb flicked four blades at JC at the same time. They were not bundled up, rather, they were aiming for his shoulders and the spots where his legs were connected to his lips. Before he could see if JC dodged his throws, Caleb pulled out his trusty electrifying knife with his right hand. The air became tense at the sudden electricity, and without missing a beat, Caleb struck, only meaning to touch the side of JC's neck. If he got hit, it would mean a nasty electric shock.

Yes, Caleb was very mad.
Back to top Go down
Luck

Luck

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:48 am

Jc's sword and necklace instantly glowed in a bright gold light, he was able to dodge three of the 4 knives, one struck him in the left shoulder. Without realizing it his sword was in hand, not even felling the pain, he jumped back at the sight of Caleb charging him, he then ran to the right towards the wall, he hit it and ran up spinning in mid air, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the 4 dice that he used to show his skill only this morning and threw them directly at Calebs throat, as soon as they left Jcs hand he leaped his sword in hand ready to land directly on Caleb, trying not to hurt him to bad.

OOC: Wow, This is extremely fun, and is it to much for Jc to do? I mean its supposed to be like his mother is helping him thru the necklace and the sword.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:00 am

He dodged three?! Caleb thought quickly. JC had backed away and threw four dice at him. What the? Dice? Caleb flicked the dice away with his hand, only to see JC ready to strike him with his sword. On instinct, Caleb blocked the sword with his knife. The electricity cackled, using the sword as some kind of conductor or bridge to JC. Caleb smirked, knowing that some of the electric shock would somehow affect JC a bit... or more. He praised himself mentally for thinking of having an electrifying knife.

"You haven't answered my questions yet, JC," Caleb said, quickly taking one of the last two throwing knives he had left with his free hand. He sidestepped quickly, which was a small mistake. JC's sword had cut into his right shoulder, but it was not a deep wound. Besides, with the adrenaline rushing through his veins, Caleb couldn't really feel any pain. He moved behind JC, pressing his throwing knife against JC's throat. This was pretty easy since he was the taller of the two. "Mind answering now, demigod?" he sneered, ready to strike with his electric knife if the situation calls for it.

((OOC: I know xD And I think it's okay, Tyche is the goddess of luck after all))
Back to top Go down
Luck

Luck

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:12 am

Jc said "You put up hell of a good wall, but if you take away all of the bull you say, you like this place, this camp, you would not have stopped that dumb Hephaestus kid if you did not. Now as how I knew who your father was, when I was researching my own weapon, I learned about the gods as well, and you are the spitting image of Momus. My mother Chooses to watch me, because I know what will happen when the war comes" Jc looks up at Caleb, holding the knife to his throat. Jc then moved his leg shuffling the dice from where they had landed, he then pulled up his sword hitting the throwing knife, causing Caleb to stumble back and trip on the dice. Jc then had his sword at Calebs neck "Now cut the crap and stop blaming others" With that Jc pulled the sword from Caleb's neck, and helped him up.

Last edited by Luck on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:47 am

Stupid dice! Caleb could only think as he toppled down to the floor. "Did I say anything about liking this place? And I assure you, the damn mouse took me by surprise," he scowled. He was really agitated now. He slapped JC's helping hand away and stood up without any help. Only then did he become vaguely aware of the blood trickling down his shoulder. He touched his scar with his fingers, then stared at the blood like he was mesmerized. Caleb turned to JC, his eyes narrowed.

"Screw friends," Caleb seethed. "In this life, you have no one else but yourself. The only person who will love you more than her own life is your mother," he stated stoically. "Friends... They care more about their own skin than yours," he added. "Don't tell me how to live my life."

He threw a disgusted look at JC, before starting to pick up his throwing knives. Gods, his shoulder was really painful. He sheathed his electricity-infused knife as he collected his other blades. Struck by a new thought he turned back to JC. "Poor siblings you have, if your mother chooses you over them. Favoritism? Bias?" he said coldly. "If luck doesn't favor them, then they would probably blame you for that, wouldn't they?"
Back to top Go down
Luck

Luck

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:13 am

Jc Yelled Politely at Caleb "Sorry about the shoulder Caleb, and just so you know, were friends now"JC pulled the Knife out of his shoulder, and ran it over to Caleb. Blood started running down Jc's side. "You know, Our parents don't Define us, we Define ourselfs." Jc pulled out one more dice. " Take this, and if anything throw it in the river, but I doubt you will ever lose this, remember this, there will always be people to blame, but there wont always to be people to be your friends." With that Jc walked away wrapping a bandage around his shoulder. He picked up his pack, sheathed Kadios, and walked out of the stadium giving Caleb a pat on his unhurt shoulder. "Momus was banished from Olympus due to his judgment and mockery's, I hope that will not happen to you, Oh and if she chooses me, you will be apart of it as well, there is a third,but even I can not see him

OOC: The dice is magical and will ALWAYS reappear in Caleb's pocket
If you rather not be in the "Vision" I can change that, but I think it is goods like that
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:07 pm

With gritted teeth, Caleb watched JC go. "I don't recall agreeing to be friends," Caleb said, scowling, as he looked at the die on his open hand. He clenched his hand, and with a growl ripping his throat, threw it with as much force as he could towards the open sky. He watched it become a small dot before vanishing just outside the arena. Did JC actually think that he was going to keep that as a 'sentimental' object? Tch, stupid, he thought sourly.

With his left hand gripping his bloody shoulder, Caleb attached all of his throwing knives back to his belt. Caleb knew he had to go to the infirmary to get his wound checked. His mind wandered over to the vision JC was talking about. What, was Tyche a goddess of visions too or something? Caleb wasn't sure. To the Underworld with that stupid vision, he thought as he started to walk towards the Arena's exit. He half-turned, glancing at the mess the two of them left, before starting to trudge his way to the infirmary. Caleb stuffed his right hand into his pocket, and with a jolt of surprise, his fingers found the smooth texture of a cube.

Stupid die.

((OOC: It's cool))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)   Training (Private PhoenixSapphire) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training (Private PhoenixSapphire)
Page 1 of 1