Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:54 am

Caleb saw the whole thing--how the pin transformed into the dagger before his very eyes. He was slightly distracted now, forgetting about the bush for a few moments. "That's... neat," he said slowly. Before he could say anything else, something dark shot out from the bushes and drove itself to Caleb.

The two fell in the creek. Drenched in the creek's cold water, Caleb was wrestling with a full-grown harpy. The harpy had knocked his glasses off his face before they fell, and now it was lying on the creekside...with his dagger beside it. Well, Caleb couldn't use his knife anyway, since the electrifying blade would harm both him and the harpy with the water around them. Unarmed, Caleb pinned the harpy down under the creek, but every now and then he could feel something sharp rake his arms. The creek was no longer clear blue. Instead it was deep red due to Caleb's blood.

He could feel himself losing consciousness with the blood loss. But the adrenaline pumped in his veins and he used all of his effort in trying to restrain the harpy, hoping to drown it. But the harpy stayed strong, and now easily forced him back to the ground. Lying on his back, Caleb threw random punches and kicks with his failing eyesight. What an idiotic way to die, Caleb thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:28 am

"You´re better then the best...
I´m lucky just to linger in your light...
Cooler than the flip side of my pillow that´s right...
Completely unaware...
Nothing can compare to where you send me...
Lets me know that it´s ok...
Yeah it´s ok...
And the moments when my good times start to fade...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
I was frozen. I had never really fought a monster before, and training for it was beneath me. Caleb needed my help. But what was I going to do? I clutched the dagger, and adrenaline took over. I went with amazing speed, and jumped into the creek next to Caleb and the harpy. The harpy looked over at me, mystified that there was another one. It jumped off Caleb, and fell back into the creek. Afraid, I blidly threw the dagger as hard as I could at the harpy. I closed my eyes, and covered my face. There was no impact. I opened my eyes, and saw that my dagger had embedded itself into the harpys shoulder.

~~~~~
~~~~~

You make me smile like the sun...
Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...
Crazy on a Sunday night...

You make me dance like a fool...
Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Just the thought of you can drive me wild...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Caleb felt the weight get off him. He groped around for his glasses and slammed it back to his face. He saw the harpy fall back to the creek, and saw Maddie blindly throw her dagger at it. Then his mouth slightly fell open as he saw Maddie cover her face with her hands. Why did she throw a knife with her eyes closed? What if she missed and hit him instead? A shriek of pain brought Caleb back to his senses, then turned to see that the harpy was now distracted by the dagger lodged in its shoulder.

Caleb spotted his knife nearby and stumbled to retrieve it. Then, with the accuracy of a skilled knife thrower, Caleb hurled the electric knife towards the harpy's chest. The air was filled with zapping noises as the harpy's shrieks grew louder, before it collapsed, half on land and half on water. Caleb dragged himself to where the harpy was and pulled out both daggers from its motionless body, before lying down on his back on the ground. He felt that he was lying on something sticky--probably his own blood.

"Keep your eyes open when you throw knives," he said breathlessly as he closed his eyes. He knew that it was probably Maddie's first time with a weapon, but he couldn't help but comment.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
I stared wide eyed as Caleb finished off the harpy. "I-I know, I'm sorry. I haven't practiced before!" I wanted to cry. All the pressure, and the blood. It was only then though, that I noticed that Caleb was bleeding badly. "We have to get you to the infirmary!" I said quickly. I attempted to drag him, but I wasn't strong enough. Tears were threating to appear. "What do I do?" I asked hopelessly.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:12 am

"Relax," Caleb said, nearly out of breath. He pushed himself into a sitting position, which took a fair few minutes. "I paid attention in first aid class, you know," he breathed, taking off his vest.

Occasionally wincing from the pain, Caleb slowly wrapped the vest on the arm that seemed to be more injured--his left one. His right one only had some shallow wounds and had already started to stop bleeding. Caleb felt weird giving himself treatment. "Apply some pressure here," he instructed Maddie, pointing to a spot on his left arm. He would do it himself, if only his right arm wasn't hurting badly. Caleb hoped he didn't lose a lot of blood. "You have some ambrosia or nectar on you?" he asked hopefully.

Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
I took out a small plastic bag with ambrosia in it, and handed it to Caleb. I put pressure of the wound, as he instructed. I was still panting a bit, but I was recovering.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Caleb popped the ambrosia in his mouth with his free hand, the god's food tasting like the most delicious pizza he had ever eaten. Slowly he began to recover his strength and his wounds started to close. He felt sleepy, and figured that he would take a nap later. Caleb looked at himself in the reflection of the creek. Blood was on his clothes and arms, but it didn't look like they were coming from him with his wounds already healed.

"Thanks," Caleb said, unwrapping his left arm. "You know, you're pretty handy with a knife," he commented. His comment surprised himself. Did Caleb just hand out a compliment? "Just practice, and you'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
"Thanks," I said, a bit distracted. I hated fighting. But this experience made me realize that it was futile to ignore it. Being alive wasn't going to last long without learning how to fight.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 am

Caleb's ADHD was one of the reasons why he could just detect a small detail in a bigger picture. Such as how Maddie seemed to be slightly distracted when she thanked him. Caleb adjusted his eyeglasses as he squinted at her. "You seem... distracted," Caleb pointed out, staring at her meaningfully. "Aren't you glad that I deemed you worthy of knife-fighting?" he asked, half-joking as a smirk pulled on the corner of his lips.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
"Yeah, I guess..." I said softly. For the first time in my life, I felt small. Weak. Helpless. Frail. What was I going to do with myself? Learn to fight, and then what?

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Caleb shrugged before standing up. He figured that Maddie would need some time to think. Well, she was obviously a lot more distracted than he initially thought. Something told Caleb that what Maddie was thinking wasn't exactly like what most eight-year-olds wonder about. Caleb couldn't help but feel curious though. Maddie seemed to be seriously shaken by that scene with the harpy, was that the reason for the distraction?

"What's wrong?" Caleb finally asked, raising his eyebrows at her. He didn't know why, but he felt a little fond of this kid. Not in a romantic sense, but more of a sibling-like sense. Caleb slightly surprised himself. He didn't recall feeling fond of younger kids before. There was always a first time for everything, Caleb thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
"I'm eight," I said coldly. I was born into the wrong time. I should be at least sixteen, not eight was barbies. Sixteen was being taken seriously.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Caleb smirked at the response. "And I'm fifteen. Might I ask why you're being bothered by your age?" he began to jest, ruffling his hair so that it looked spiky and slightly messy. Caleb was amused, to say the least. He continued to stare skeptically at Maddie, trying to read her. "Is this about the whole being mature stuff again? You have already proven that you are quite mature for your age," said Caleb.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
"Yes. But people don't treat me like I'm mature," I said with an edge of defiance. i always remember all the smirks, or all the cheek pinching, people saying, "Oh, you're so cute!!" I hated it. It was what I dreaded.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:43 am

Caleb sighed. "Obviously, since people have no idea who you are at first glance, they would automatically assume that you're an innocent little girl whose mind is limited to dolls and other childish things," Caleb said as he picked up a pebble. He threw the pebble at the creek, where it bounced once before sinking into the water's depths.

"But if you want to be treated like a mature individual, you'd have to earn some respect and break their first impression of you. Like what you did to me, for instance," Caleb chuckled before continuing. "You threw me off-guard when you spoke. It would be safe to say that you're the first eight-year-old whom I have a decent conversation with that already lasted past ten minutes." Caleb smirked at her. It was true. The most interaction he had with someone Maddie's age lasted less than a minute, as he had just ignored the little kid and went back to his business.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
"Really?" I said, looking at the creek. I knew my eyes had a glimmer of hope. Someone finally understood. Well, sort of. Caleb wasn't eight, but he knew what I was like. I was greatful for that.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Caleb turned to look at her. He saw the hopeful twinkle in her eyes, and he thought it made Maddie look more her age--just innocent and carefree. Maybe she was still a child at heart after all. Caleb understood that; he knew that everyone had an inner child in them somewhere deep down in their hearts, even him. He just didn't like to show that very small side of him to other people.

"Yeah," Caleb said softly, picking up one of the rocks by the creek and rolling it around his fingers.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
I didn't think there was anymore to be said. I didn't know what to do. I looked at my pin. The dagger had went back into its unsespecting form. "I should be going," I said quietly as I stood up.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:39 am

Caleb stood up himself. He stuffed his hands in his pockets as he faced the flowing creek. He closed his eyes for a while as he savored the breeze. "Alright," he said as he turned to leave as well. He half-turned to look at her. "Bye, Maddie," he said with a half-wave.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:54 am

I know I'm not a moderator but this is just a tip that might prevent a post from the mods or admins; Foxface watch your posts since they're a little on the short side ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2