Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) Empty
PostSubject: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:52 am

I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) Maddie11
*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
*[8]*
*[D A U G H T E R O F T Y C H E]*

Spoiler:

"You´re better then the best...
I´m lucky just to linger in your light...
Cooler than the flip side of my pillow that´s right...
Completely unaware...
Nothing can compare to where you send me...
Lets me know that it´s ok...
Yeah it´s ok...
And the moments when my good times start to fade...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

"Never mind I'll find,
Someone like you...
I wish nothing but the best,
for you, too"

I sang quietly to myself. I was laying on my stomach, facing the cool water of the Creek. I had brought a book, but I wanted to get in more of a reading mood first. Looking at calm things makes me calm.

I had read the book many times, but it never got old. Shiver by Maggie Steifver. It was a love story about a boy named Sam, and he's a werewolf, and as a wolf, he watched and fell in love with a irl named Grace. And as a human, she fell in love with the wolf. But then, Sam comes with a gunshot on his shoulder, as a human, on Grace's doorstep.

It was a great book, propbably too mature for me, but I didn't care when it was good writing. So, I sat up, took the book, and sitting criss-cross-applesauce, I started reading.

~~~~~
~~~~~

You make me smile like the sun...
Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...
Crazy on a Sunday night...

You make me dance like a fool...
Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Just the thought of you can drive me wild...
Oh, you make me smile."

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:21 pm

~Caleb Wright, 15, Son of Momus~
And yet, another boring day filled with completely boring stuff to do. In deep thoughts, Caleb walked by the creek. He hated this place. It was full of kids who only thought of fighting. Scratch that, only the fact that it was full of kids unnerved Caleb. He wished that he was back at school, acing exams and performing scientific experiments. Why did his mom decide to send him to this camp which was, according to Caleb, his own private definition of hell? Infuriated by his own thoughts, he forcefully kicked a rock that was laying by his feet. The rock flew across the air and landed in the creek, making a little splash.

It was then that Caleb noticed a young girl, lying on her stomach, reading what seemed to be a novel. Caleb was actually surprised to see a girl at that age reading pocketbooks. Curious, he moved closer, just near enough to read the title. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. He had heard of this book before but never read it. He knew that it was a love story between a lycanthrope and a human girl. Caleb shifted his eyes to the reader, a girl who was way younger than he was.

"You sure you should be reading that?" Caleb asked, adjusting his glasses as he squinted at the girl. "That book is too mature for you."
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
The boy had scared me, but only slightly. I turned my head to look him in the eyes. "Trust me. I'm the most mature yet effervescent eight-year-old you will ever meet," I said with a grin. I looked at him. He was by far older than me. But, that didn't mean he could out-argue me. "I'm Maddie!" I said with a large smile. I went on reading my book. I could listen and read at the same time just fine.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Caleb did a double-take at the girl's sudden words. Did he just hear an eight-year-old say 'mature' and 'effervescent' in the same sentence? He blinked in astonishment. Now this was something he didn't see everyday. Tch, I knew the kids here are weird, he thought to himself, annoyed, as the girl introduced herself as Maddie and went back to reading her book.

"Watch your words, kid," Caleb said, ruffling his spiky hair. "Some people might not have the ability to understand such big words." He paused for a few moments, studying Maddie with inquisitive eyes. What a pretty loud girl. And smart too. This might just be an interesting conversation. Caleb sat down cross-legged on the grass, a few feet away from the girl. "I'm Caleb. Where'd you get that book? Got it from your older sister somewhere?" he said coolly.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
I shook my head. I was getting a little annoyed. I didn't like it when people though I was so little and innocent. "Don't have one," I said, my British accent ever present. "My big brother Kade got it for me when I asked for it. Have you ever read it? It's really quite beutifly written." I played with the end of my ponytail with one hand, and held the book open with the other. My hazel eyes stared at the book intently. This book had always captivated me.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:05 am

Caleb fought back a smirk, but the corner of lips still twitched upward. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose out of habit. Maddie really seemed to be more mature than he thought. But that didn't stop him from reverting to his old unlikable self.

"Nah," Caleb said, picking up a small pebble and tossing it to the creek. "Love stories are not my style. I prefer suspense and mystery--Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, and books like that. Have you heard of The Eight? It's an old book, yet it is a classic that I enjoy."

Caleb looked Maddie over. "Are you really eight?" he asked casually. "You don't seem to look your age."
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:45 am

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
I sighed, and folded the page in my book. I put it off to the side as I sat up. "I read all books," I said blandly. "And what do you mean? To you, am I older or younger? I can't get inside your head, so I don't know. But answering your other question, yes, I am eight." I picked up my book, and started playing with the worn pages. I had also brought my new little journal in my jacket pocket. I took it out, and jotted down a few sentances.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:54 am

It looked to Caleb like he was starting to get on Maddie's nerves. He really smirked this time. "Younger, but you sound older," he said simply. He watched her take out a small journal and write on it. Caleb couldn't contain his curiosity. "What do you have there? What are you writing?" he questioned, raising his eyebrows at her. He vaguely wondered if she was writing how much of a scumbag he was. He grinned at the thought.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:59 am

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
I giggled when he made the comment. I closed my journal, and put it back in my pocket. "Thanks, I get that a lot. And it's a journal Kade gave me. I always write what I do on a daily basis, or maybe even book ideas. I was just writing about you." I smiled brightly. I had to honor his curiosity.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:08 am

Caleb adjusted his glasses as he stared at her. Was his hunch right? "Oh? And what have you written?" he asked, clasping his hands right in front of him. What could a person who he had just met a few minutes ago say about him? It greatly caught his interest and attention.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:17 am

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
I giggled again as he asked. I knew he was going to too. I took my journal back out, and read my latest writings.

I has been sitting, reading Shiver for the thousandth time, when a boy approached me, looking between the ages of 15-16. He striked me as just another person who thought I would be meek, and immature. But, as he went on speaking, he started to agitate me. Then, he actually asked questions that interest me, and talked of topics that had meaning in my mind. In stating the obvious remark of my age against my maturity, he asked me if I had heard of a book, that I obviously had, but he had no way to tell that I did. He continued to ask me what I was writing, and that is where I will leave you journal, until tonight when the encounter is over.

I stopped reading, and but my journal back.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:31 am

Caleb laughed when Maddie finished. So he was right--she did find him agitating. This girl was full of surprises, he could say that. Well, he wasn't expecting to hear something that seemed like it was taken from a novel. He liked how she seemed to be very open in her opinions. She seemed honest and blunt too, Caleb noted. If it was another person, Caleb guessed that they wouldn't expose something like that to a guy like him.

"Interesting," Caleb said with a nod. He gazed out in the creek. "You're mature for your age, that much I can tell. But note that being too mature isn't good for you," he said slowly, weighing his words. "Tell me, when was the last time you played with dolls?" He turned to her, his face serious.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:38 am

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
I burst out laughing at his question. Even though his face was dead serious, I couldn't help it. "I never had one. I used to live in a foster home in England, we never had any toys of any sort! Even if you did have one, they would burn it. So, your answer is again, never. But, I did for a while have an adoptive mother, but by then, I wasn't interested in that sort of thing. foster homes are tough places," I finished. It was such an absurd question. A doll? I had really only seen one once. A girl at the home, Olivia, had brought one, but wouldn't let anyone touch it. But the leaders found out, and burned it.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:15 am

At first, Caleb was slightly offended by Maddie's sudden burst of laughter. He was being serious there, and she totally ruined his moment. He put that feeling aside as he listened to her talk. At Maddie's words, Caleb began to understand why she seemed so grown up for her age. Are all the kids in foster homes like this? Caleb mused thoughtfully, gazing at his reflection in the flowing water.

Caleb sighed ruefully, looking up. "I understand now," he began, as if speaking aloud could help clear his thoughts. "You were forced to grow up by this foster home you speak of. Your childhood was taken away without permission, and as such you never experienced the little joys involving dolls and other playthings. It seems that... you're somewhat incomplete," Caleb finished with a light chuckle. He didn't really know what made him say those things. It was like he just needed to get the words out.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:37 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
I looked up thoughtfully. I suppose he was right in a way. "For me, I thought it was for the better. Being a kid can only be good sometimes. Being taken serious takes years to earn and I have it. Besides, I'm much smarter than other kids my age. I like being smart."

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Caleb shrugged. "To each his own," he said offhandedly. "But being a kid... it's not something you need to rush. You don't know how many people wish they are back in their childhood years."

He looked at her as he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. He honestly still can't believe that he was having this kind of discussion with an eight-year-old. "I know what you mean there. I like being smart too," he said, smirking. Caleb ran a hand through his hair, spiking it up a bit more. "Am I still agitating you?" he asked out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
I shrugged and smirked right back. "Depends on your answer to my next question. Do you think I'm really that odd for being so mature?" I said. I played with the pin on my jacket. Rita had said there was something special about it. I couldn't figure it out though. Kade had also tried to, but he couldn't either.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:34 pm

Caleb chuckled. "The word 'odd' means deviating from the ordinary, usual or expected. It is synonymous with the word strange and peculiar," he said, staring inquisitively at Maddie. "Yes, you are certainly odd. Its definition fits you. Not many eight-year-old kids talk and act the way you do."

Pausing a few moments, Caleb picked up a smooth flat pebble and threw it across the water. It bounced three times before sinking in the water's depths. "But you are asking if you are that odd, something that is subjective in meaning," Caleb stated. "Well, since I've heard what you've been through--assuming that you are telling the truth--I wouldn't say that you are. If you grew up like a normal kid and yet act the way you are now, that's what I would call 'that odd.'"

Caleb smirked, proud of his answer. "So, do you still find me agitating?" he repeated his question cockily.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
I giggled as he answered. It was a better answer than I could've hoped for. I did a small clap after. "That was great, and thanks. And as or your question, only a bit," I said, grinning at him.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:08 pm

Caleb laughed as he threw another pebble across the water. He couldn't help but grin at Maddie's response. "If I were saying that to another person," he said thoughtfully, "they would most likely respond in a negative way." Caleb's grin widened, recalling an experience like that.

His eyes found the pin fastened to Maddie's jacket. The object ignited his curiosity. "Is that an ordinary pin?" he asked, looking up at Maddie's face.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
My hand went up to the pin defencivly, but I kept my voice cool. "My mother, Rita, said it wasn't, but i haven't found anything special about it."

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Caleb nearly rolled his eyes as Maddie's hand covered her pin. "You can relax. I wasn't thinking of stealing it," he said dryly. Caleb straightened his vest as he made to stand up. "Well, this was an interesting encounter," he commented. "I have to say, I haven't had a chat like that in ages."

Before anything else could happen, Caleb heard the bushes nearby rustle. He instantly turned his head at the sound, his right hand automatically gripping the handle of his deadly electric blade. The rustling stopped after a mere few seconds, but Caleb wasn't going to let his guard down. He looked back at Maddie, his eyes vigilant. "Something doesn't seem right," he said calmly, before turning back to the now silent and motionless bushes.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:05 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*
I got up without a sound, still clutching my pin. I stood there, silent, watching the bushes. What is this pin supposed to do? I rubbed my thumb over it, and felt a new gem. There was only supposed to be diamonds, but now there was a small gem, a cyan sort of color. I looked at it. Was the light fooling my eyes?

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:02 am

Caleb chose to ignore the fact that Maddie was focusing her attention on the pin. He took out his knife. He could hear the crackling of electricity in the air as the blade was unsheathed. Caleb still had his eyes set on the bushes, which had started rustling again. He thought for a few moments. Wasn't this camp supposed to be safe? Weren't monsters not supposed to trespass the borders?

The bushes became still again. At this point Caleb was getting restless. He turned to Maddie. "What do you think it is?" he asked slowly, staring at the bushes in case they moved again.

((OOC: Seriously, I have no idea what would jump out of there xD))
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

OOC: I DUNNO EITHER XDXD OTL

IC:

I kept messing with the pin. What was supposed to happen? Then I felt it. The gem moves. I twisted it, and suddenly, without warning, a wicked sharp dagger was in my hand where the pin had been. "Woah," I whispered to myself.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)   I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm cute, I'm Little, and I'm Humming (Private to first poster)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next