Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Started some trouble so I guess this is karma

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

Started some trouble so I guess this is karma Empty
PostSubject: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:52 am

Sometime later in the evening, while most campers were either eating or in their cabins chatting with siblings, Charlie emerged from the woods. She hunched slightly, one hand held protectively over the knife wound that she'd attained in a skirmish with someone else earlier that day. Blood trickled through her fingers and stained the green stripes on her sweatshirt. Ugh, the colors so didn't compliment each other.

She scanned the perimeter, making sure nobody was around, before staggering from the line of trees up the steps to the infirmary. Her hands fumbled with the knob helplessly, her vision too hazy to pick at it accurately, before finally hearing a satisfying click as the door unlocked. Using her shoulder she shoved the door open, grimacing at the pain the action brought. She stumbled in, closing the door behind her and moved off to the side in case anyone pushed the door open. Charlie leaned against the wall and slumped to the floor with a pain-filled sigh, before looking up and searching the shelter for movement. Her voice cracked when she spoke, and it quivered nervously. She hadn't been here before, and honestly, she didn't like being there. Especially under the circumstances. "Anyone here?"
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Aubree looked up from her desk in the back surprised there was anybody here the Infirmary was usually quiet this time of year. She quickly scuffed her chair back and rose her heels click clacking at she reached the entrance and gasped. "Oh my gods what happened!" She quickly rushed to the girl dropping to her knees next to her.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:48 am

A grim smile played across her lips. "Knife fight. I lost, sort of." I didn't lose so much as I ran away when I accidentally stabbed the wrong person and killed him. She shrugged, then winced. Shrugging, not a good idea. Actually, moving in generally was a pretty bad idea. Anything that involved her twisting her torso shot needles of pain to the wound between her ribs. She was lucky the knife hadn't stuck into one of those. She had been too sloppy and confident...She had over-estimated the Aphrodite girl who fought with her. It was a regrettable mistake that landed her in the infirmary.

Her legs were drawn to her chest, and she pushed her back against the wall, her face contorting with pain. A strained whimper slipped out as she tried to pull herself back up, but the action was futile. It just made a fresh stream of blood pulse out from the slit in her side. Charlie could feel the warm liquid stream down her body and soak into her shirt uncomfortably. "Crap," was all she could mutter, even though it was a bit of an understatement. The room became increasingly dangerous to Charlie, the walls beginning to fade in color, the ceiling sinking towards the floor. The ground looked like it was doing waves, and Charlie's head was spinning. Her eyes were strained, she had to try to keep them open, herself conscious, for as long as she could. If she closed her eyes, she feared she could die, and dying had not been on her agenda for the day.

"Uhm.. Could you maybe..." Finishing the request coherently was a struggle. His voice seemed to be eluding her. Everything seemed to be suddenly uncontrollable to her. The world seemed to sway, and she turned in and out to the noises of the infirmary and the camp. "Help with...help me with...problem." So much for a nicely flowing sentence. She could barely manage to get her message out at all.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Bree smiled gently. "How about we get you fixed up then I'll solve your problems okay?"She rushed to her table pulling out her Ambrosia and Nectar. She pulled out a square and smiled. "Eat this." SHe was very serious and then grabbed some bandages form her kit also.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:38 am

Charlie let out a small laugh. "Well, the rip in my side... is my problem." She gave an innocent smile and lifted one weak arm to retrieve the ambrosia square. It took a few tries of her grabbing at the air with her hand before her vision finally cleared enough for her to find the square. Her fingers fell on it and she told hold, bringing it back to her mouth to take a small bite. She chewed slowly and let out a content sigh, feeling some of the life in her renew. Plus, it tasted pretty good, too. Tasted like the malted milkshakes her dad used to make.

She felt a sudden pang of pain and couldn't decide whether it was from the wound or the thought of her father. At any rate it brought her out of her mind and, unfortunately, back into the real world. "Sorry 'bout this... Probably... not convenient." It was getting late, and like she had hoped, few people were around. It was good for her, but sucked for the person who had to deal with her. "Name..?" She inquired, realizing that she didn't even know who was currently saving her life.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:50 am

Aubree smiled grabbing a cup and looking at the wound. "Ah that looks painful...What happened there if I may ask?"She poured some nectar in a glass and handed it to the girl. "Aubree Shae daughter of Apollo and you?" She smiled lightly brushing blonde hair from her eyes and pulling her heels off and adjusting her navy blue knitted top to her other shoulder.The knees of her skinny legged jeans becoming dirty from the floor she needed to sweep and mop before she left tonight but she didn't care she was helping somebody and that was more important.She smiled looking at the heeled booties then looked back at the girl.

Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:19 pm

Charlie frowned and chewed on her bottom lip mindlessly. She averted her attention to the gray tiles of the floor. "Uh, knife fight...No biggy." As a prank I knocked out everyone at the ball to draw on their faces and some girl got mega pissed and confronted me. We fought, she got a lucky shot. Would've kicked her butt had I not stabbed that other guy. Oh yeah, that other guy. How was he? Charlie looked back up and scanned the infirmary for the boy she had stabbed. He wasn't there... He must've been down another hall or something. Charlie's like seemed to be improving now, seeing as she wouldn't have to threaten him to keep his mouth shut about the whole thing. Chiron would probably let the harpies eat her if he found out about the incident.

Suddenly Charlie realized that Aubree had returned the question. She blinked and ran a hand through her hair. "Charlo-- Charlie. Charlie Henderson." Strange, she had almost used her full name just then. Why? Charlie seemed to be losing it. Maybe the guilt of stabbing that kid was making her space out. "Hermes cabin." The infamously mischievous smile played across her face and her eyes twinkled with sudden amusement. She loved introducing herself as a Hermes kid. Most people became weary that she'd steal their money or something... Probably because she would. If it fancied her eye, she'd take it. Simple as that. "Pleasure to meet you." She would've raised a hand to shake Aubree's, but that would require moving which would cause pain, and her hands were stained with blood, anyway. It would be best, she thought, not to smear the blood around.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:22 pm

Bree smiled lightly motioning to the nectar in her hand. "Can you drink that please? It will help heal you" Aubree looked carefully at the gash on Charlie's side without moving her arm. "I'm going to have to stitch that up."She said finally yet asking permission at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:30 pm

Charlie drew the concoction to her lips and drank in small amounts, savoring the taste. She smiled softly. "It's good... I should lose fights more often," She sighed happily, resting her head against the back wall with eyes closed and taking another sip. She cringed at the thought of stitches but then gave a small shrug, which was a stupid idea that sent rods of pain shooting through the cut. "Yeah, do whatever you gotta do."
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:39 pm

"Trust me no you don't wanna get hurt more often.That stuff could kill you in large doses."Bree then smiled and pulled out her needle and thread."I'll need you to lift your arm...Its gonna hurt I'm not going to lie but the pain should ease once the stitches are in."She smiled sympathetically threading the needle.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Charlie rolled her eyes playfully. She was beginning to feel better now, what with the ambrosia and nectar giving her life. "Yeah, yeah, so I've heard. But it's just sooo good." She looked down into the glass of nectar. The glass hadn't been completely filled to begin with, and now only a few drops were left. She rotated the cup in her hands absentmindedly, watching the thick golden liquid surf across the walls of the glass. "Never had stitches before," Charlie admitted, glancing wearily at Aubree. She bit down on her lower lip as the girl thread the needle. "Guess there's a first for everything."
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:03 pm

Aubree grinned."Then I probably shouldn't tell you this is gonna hurt. But I also don't lie to my patients."She moved Charlie's arm out of the way and carefully began to stitch up the wound.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Charlie lifted her arm and grimaced as the needle poked through her skin. She tried to keep from shuddering at the thought of a point weaving in and out of her flesh. To keep herself from thinking about it, she squeezed her eyes shut. "Honesty, huh? Well, it can be a good trait to have, I guess." But lying comes in handy, too. And it's so much more fun. "So, how long have you been in camp?"
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:45 pm

Aubree continued to quickly stitch Charlie up. "Three years almost 4.And you?"Bree asked finishing up and cutting the tread burning the end and smiling. "Thats all done and Although honesty is a good trait I'd much rather lie.Just depends on the situation I guess."She grinned. "You wouldn't want me to lie about your stitches hurting right?"
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:53 pm

"Not too long. A few weeks, a few months, time is kind of a blur here." She raised herself slowly off the ground, inspecting the stitches on her side before pulling her shirt back down. A grin formed on her face as she glanced back up at Aubree. "A fun kind of blur." Where else was Charlie with a bunch of people as sneaky and fun as her? Where else could she stab people and ride pegasi? Or talk to men who were half-goat? It beat anywhere else she had ever been to. "Well, you could try to lie about it, but I would've figured out it was a lie pretty quick." She winked and shrugged her blood-covered sweatshirt off. "So.. what now?" Honestly, Charlie was new at this. Sure, she was used to getting scraped and banged up as a kid, but she never had a wound this big before. Was she suppose to stay? Go? Where could she wash her sweatshirt?
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Aubree nodded understanding then smiled. "Now there's a change of clothing in the bathroom.Its one of my own but I always have a lot.You look about my size you can change into that... I'll wash that for you and you should drink that glass of water on the desk before you leave to flush out anything to major okay?" Bree asked cleaning up the mess of thread and gauze. She reminded herself to clean up the mess before leaving her shift.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:29 pm

Charlie thought it was a bit weird that Aubree just left spare clothes in the bathroom, but she shrugged it off. The girl was helping her; she couldn't complain. She made her way to the bathroom slowly, warily looking down at the freshly sutured gash as she went. She expected it to gush blood like it had every time she took a step forward to get to the infirmary, but it didn't. She was surprised and delighted. Maybe her clothes, er, Aubree's clothes would stay blood-stain free!

It only took a minute to find and slip into Aubree's clothes. They were surprisingly fitting, though not quite her style, but it worked. When she returned to the main room of the infirmary, she took a seat on the edge of an empty bed awkwardly. Her stomach screamed for more Nectar and Ambrosia, not water. Water would just bloat her and cause her to make weird swooshing, splooshy sounds when she rock back and fourth--not that she had any intention of rocking, but still. The clock ticked incessantly on the wall, filling the otherwise silent air. She stared at her feet, wiggling her toes now that she had slipped her shoes off(which, if it's of any interest, she left lazily tipped sideways on the bathroom floor) and felt the cold tile floor on her heels. "So..." She mumbled absentmindedly, wracking through her head for things to make conversation out of.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Aubree smiled rummaging through her bag finding a bag of chips and a chocolate bar along with a bottle of sprite. "Are you hungry? I just got back to camp with all of this."She said gesturing to the food in her hands. It was true she should have been at her medical cram school. "I' supposed to be in my cram school but something went wrong and I had to leave."She sad sadly grabbing another pair of clothes and putting it in the bathroom. there was usually a male and female change in there if clothes did get damaged or bloody.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Charlie's eyes lit up at the sound of chips rattling around in a plastic bag. Her eyes locked into them, and she didn't hesitate to answer. "Pshhh, yeah! I'm always hungry." She grinned at the bag of chips, not at all afraid to be up-front about it. That was typical Charlie, though. Never afraid to speak her mind. No boundaries, no filters, and you didn't like it you could go piss off.

"Cram school? What's that? And what went wrong?" She asked, genuinely curious, though her eyes didn't peel off the chips.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Bree smiled lightly throwing the chips to Charlie. "I went to a medical cram school.I'm working on high school and university all at once."She smiled then sighed at her next question. "My mom was murdered 5 days ago and I had to quit and come back to camp.But on the bright side I do have a job here.."She smiled lightly remembering her mom and grabbing a glass of her desk pouring some sprite in it and drinking some she smiled at Charlie.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:53 pm

"...Cram...School..." Charlie still didn't get it, but when Bree mentioned her mother, she frowned, looking Aubree up and down. She was smiling, still. Her mom just died 5 days ago, and she's...smiling? What the hell was wrong with this girl? Maybe they just didn't get along or something. Charlie caught the chips and ripped the bag open upside down without noticing. She dug her hand in and took out a few chips, popping them into her mouth at once. Maybe the salt would make her crave the glass of water she had forgotten she was supposed to be drinking.

"5 days, huh?" She said between crunches. "That's not long. What're you so smiley about?" Charlie wanted to say she'd be a mess if her mother was dead, but then she focused on the idea. Would she really? A few years ago, maybe. Now? She wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Aubree must've looked crazy smiling when her mother had just been killed.She and her mother had only seen each other a total of maybe 50 times in all of Aubree's life.What did she have to miss? She would have been more torn up if her nanny had died. "Because if you don't smile how are you supposed to live?"Aubree replied sighing."And plus work gets my mind off it.."She trailed off noticing that Charlie still didn't get Cram school. "Cram schools are specialized schools that train their students to meet particular goals, most commonly to pass the entrance examinations of high schools or universities."Bree took a deep breath. "I was doing several different Cram school's." She replied gently.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Charlie couldn't help but grin. Because if you don't smile how are you supposed to live? It was a good quote to live by. Sympathetically, she nodded. "I totally get that. Whether you smile or frown, life goes on, so you might as well make the most of it, right?" Her legs dangled over the side of the bed and she swung them happily.

When Aubree explained Cram school, Charlie's nose twitched in detest. She had never been a good student. When she left, the best thing about it was not having to show up to school on a regular basis and fail the classes. "Ew, school totally blows. Why would you even want to do that?" She had never been to a tech school, or as Aubree seemed to call it, Cram School, but she imagined it was similar. "Why go to a bunch of different cram schools, when you could just go to one regular school and learn a butt-load of information?" Or if you're Charlie, stare out the window, sleep, and not learn anything.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:52 pm

Aubree laughed. "I was doing high school, university and med school all at once."She laughed again at Charlie's next comment. "Because I'm an over achiever and I want to become a doctor."She replied looking at the untouched glass of water. "I'm sure I told you to drink that."Bree said grabbing her sneakers from under her desk and tugging off her heels to put them on.She had a date with her boyfriend now but she did have a lot to finish up so Sirius would just have to wait.Quickly she changed her shoes and went back to Charlie.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Charlie looked at the glass of water the same way she looked at Aubree when school was mentioned. Ew. "Water is so bland. Couldn't it be like, I don't know, a milkshake or something?" She sighed. Her head was growing foggy again, though, so maybe the water wouldn't hurt...even if it was gross and stupid. She slid off the bed and over to where the glass stood, picking it up and taking a swig. She glanced at Aubree out of the corner of her eye and lowered the cup from her lips, about a quarter of the water gone. "Happy?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Started some trouble so I guess this is karma   Started some trouble so I guess this is karma I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Started some trouble so I guess this is karma
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next