Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private]   searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 1:00 pm

searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private] - Page 2 Tumblr_mc2u1i0KDO1rx1vxr
little drummer boy
Even under horrible circumstances such as these, Archer still found a way to smile. He was a pessimist in good times, pointing out flaws and telling people how their plan wouldn’t work and what would happen to them as a result. In bad times, he was an optimist, smiling and going hope to those who had otherwise lost it. A concussion i anybody’s eyes was a bad thing, and so Archer smiled, his grin small and tired, as if he’d been told a wary joke too many times by a toddler and kept up the facade just to keep the child happy. He smiled because of Tessa, because she had stayed and still talked to him. When Archer had awoken, there was no idiot medic to steal his stuff, only Tessa and the ever pressing light of dusk. It was quite cold in the infirmary, and Archer wished he’d had the common sense to grab his leather jacket when they hobbled out of the forest together. So instead he swaddled himself with sheets and downy comforters, burrowing in them up to his ears. His brown hair stuck up at all angles because of how the blankets were situated. He wondered why none of the medics had given him nectar or ambrosia, because that would have healed him up quickly, and then both Archer and everyone working in the infirmary would get what they wanted.

For a couple minutes, the boy was pretty angry at woken up. His limbs were sore from climbing and falling, and he could barely manage to move a single muscle in his pinkie finger. Right now it would be pointless for him to actually do anything except sleep. If Archer slept, he could regain his strength quicker, and if he really wanted to, he could go back to sleep now. Once a person woke you up every two hours, you could go back to sleep after a minute or two. However, Tessa looked quite bored just sitting here by herself for two hours, and Archer felt somewhat guilty. Landon would have taken care of him back at the cabin if Tessa didn’t want to stay and watch Archer all the time, which he would have understood completely. If Archer was close to someone, he understood not being able to be superman, he understood if you had previous engagements or if you just weren’t up to do something. Besides, back home his pool of friends were so big if someone cancelled on him, Archer had about ten more waiting in line. Here, however, things were different, so instead of going back to sleep, he stayed up with Tessa despite knowing that the reward for doing that would be more anger and circles under his dark blue eyes. 

‘Mm, yes. Can’t get enough of stuck up medic’s who steal my goddamn stuff. You’ve got me all figured out.’ Archer replied cheekily. He didn’t know exactly what he thought he’d gain back in the forest, but it certainly wasn’t a concussion of a high degree. Maybe it was friendship, maybe it was knowledge, or maybe it was simply just an escape from the everyday life at camp. Camp, where you got up and did the same thing day after day. Archer found it quite boring, he didn’t like repetitive stuff, although that was exactly what he did anyways. Sleep, pity yourself, eat a granola bar, sleep, repeat. Tessa had broken that chain of events, and Archer couldn’t thank her enough. She was the warm light in his cold and dismal cave of sorrow and angsty feelings. Maybe with her, he would learn to forget what happened to his parents, or at least not think about it as much. Landon didn’t know how to help his twin, though he tried his best and that was all Archer could ask for, really. But Tessa wasn’t family, and because she didn’t know what happened to him, she was making him a better person. 

Archer frowned at the jacket suggestion. ‘No, I lost it. I’ll get it. It’s my fault we fell out of the tree anyways.’ If he hadn’t asked for Tessa’s hand none of this would have happened. He could have easily taught her sign language from five feet away; it wasn’t that hard to demonstrate where the fingers were supposed to go. He ran his hand through his messed up hair. ‘My brother is gonna kill me. Or the tree. Probably the tree. My brother is going to kill a tree.’ Landon was extremely protective over Archer, and beat the living shit out of anyone who harmed him or even so much looked at him the wrong way. Archer appreciated the gesture of love and stuff, but sometimes it got to be too much. He just hoped Tessa didn’t cross paths with Landon.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private]   searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 10:31 pm

searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private] - Page 2 OCjBOfJsearching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private] - Page 2 Yla5ETV

Tessa Traverse
Tessa had spent the past two hours observing others and herself, and found out that through her past sixteen years, she had accomplished nothing. Sure, there were a few hockey trophies on her shelf back home, but what was that in the long run? Her family had sent her letters every month, explaining how life was going and how Colette was selecting future career. While she was happy to have communication with them, she envied their success and potential. If demigods survived long enough to have families and futures, they were often plagued with hardships and constant danger. They didn't have potential in the real world, and Tessa was beginning to realize that she didn't have potential in this one either. For gods' sakes, she had made one friend in the last two years! Other than that, she succeeded in causing trouble. That was it.

But the small smile on Archer's face soothed that realization a bit. Just a bit, though. She assumed he wasn't happy to be awake, but she was e static that he wasn't falling back asleep already. If she could, the teenager would keep him up as long as she could manage. The last thing she wanted to do was go back to her self pity, and the medic, Jared, wasn't very talkative. Tessa glanced over at his reply and laughed, reaching for the pen. 'You're saying that's not how you plan out your day? I would never have guessed.' Her grin was short lived though, as she remembered the smell of bleach and cleaning. Archer was lucky she had stayed, because this smell was awful.

She felt guilty that she had allowed him to clean her jacket. The girl didn't want him set on it, because he could be in here for days. Tessa wasn't used to having someone who kept their promises. At least, not silly little promises like this. 'You're stuck in a cot. You're not going anywhere anytime soon.' Crossing her arms over her chest as she handed the paper back, she waited expectantly. Tessa didn't want him carrying around those promises; she didn't want him to feel too attached. She wasn't used to it. His loyalty was both unnerving and refreshing.

Archer's hair was almost as amusing as him wrestling the medic for the notebook. If they were closer, she would've ran a hand through it and joked about how he needed more beauty sleep, but they weren't, so she didn't. As she read over his other comment, her eyebrows squished together. Was Landon going to come after her too? She wasn't concerned about him, but she was concerned about Archer. Dealing with overprotective siblings probably wasn't an ideal situation. 'As a daughter of Persephone I would take permanent offense. We totally wouldn't be able to be friends after that,' she wrote, the corners of her lips curving into a smirk.
outfit
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private]   searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 11:19 pm

searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private] - Page 2 Tumblr_mc2u1i0KDO1rx1vxr
little drummer boy
Archer remembered the time when Mallory was bedridden because of a nasty bout of the flu, how she was so sick and frail he thought she might die. Those four days were the most terrifying of his life, because his little baby sister was projectile vomiting all over the place, and there was nothing they could do the stop her upset stomach or quench her raging fever, which blazed high like fire. Archer remembered how pale Mallory looked, how close to death she was, how, in a couple of days he’d bury his only sister, and his parents would have to bury their only daughter. But just as the worst began, it was over. One day the fever broke and Mallory woke up with a slight headache due to dehydration and throwing up and lack of water intake, but that was all. Everything was fine and right in the world, and the six year old didn’t have to worry about his baby sister anymore. The Thrush’s were strong, they would prevail through anything that life threw at them. They were loyal, hardworking, and kind, and to this day Archer, however dormant those traits may seem, still acted through those three things. He didn’t want Tessa to worry about him like he’d worried about Mallory, and it didn’t seem like she was, but she could have been a very good actress. Archer blinked hard against the light of the dying day, trying to get a grasp on what was real and what wasn’t. Hallucinations were not uncommon with victims of concussions, but was it normal to still be having them three hours after the initial blow? Tess helped him distinguish from what was real and what was fake though, because she actually came in with him and sat with him, while his dead sister just appeared to him just now. 

Naturally, the demigod ignored the dead. Despite being a demigod and having evidence toward the existence of ghosts and other spirits, Archer just didn’t believe. Well, maybe he did, he probably did, but seeing the ghost of the little girl who was fried to a crisp because of your parents wasn’t exactly something you wanted to see, and so he ignored Mallory. Although he wanted to smile at Tessa’s remark, he couldn’t. There was a sudden chill in the air, or that could have just been the feeling of dread Archer was having. He felt sick to his stomach and was glad the medics hadn’t given him anything to eat or drink because he probably would have just thrown it up. It was boring, sitting in silence, but it couldn’t be cured. Tessa couldn’t magically talk to him — he was deaf, and borden was hard to escape nowadays when all you could do was think with your thoughts of better days and softer nights when insomnia didn’t ravage your body like harsh winters did to farmlands. ‘I know, it’s hard to believe, but it’s true.’ Archer watched as Tessa’s smile faded, and he frowned. Had he done something wrong? 

The male rolled his eyes at her remark. Just because he was bed-ridden did not mean, under any circumstances, that he couldn’t do things to help others. The jacket was his responsibility. Archer said he’d wash it for her, and that was what he was gonna do. If it had been ripped to shreds by mother nature, he’d go buy Tessa a new one. Another defining trait of his family was their determination to keep their promises. No matter what, Olivia and Spencer Thrush had kept their promises to their family and other people, so Archer, Landon, and Mallory grew up the same way. ‘Yeah I get that. But I did promise you I’d wash it, though.’ The fading twilight was getting too much for his sensitive eyelids, and the demigod promptly closed his eyes, trying to find some solace and relief in darkness. It worked, somewhat. If this is what Helen Keller felt like, then Archer decided he’d rather die. It was bad enough he couldn’t hear, seeing was his only way of knowing what was going around him. The loss of vision made him feel like he was suffocating, his breaths got shorter, as if he was being squeezed into a tight spot. So Archer opened his eyes again and was fine. 

Tessa’s response did make Archer feel a little better. Landon was overly protective, and although it was understandable, it was also quite annoying. If Tessa didn’t make fun of Archer while he was around or do anything offensive, she’d be fine, and maybe Archer’s brother would take a shining towards her. After all, whatever Archer liked was a miracle to the other twin. Most of the time Archer was incorporative, a two year old in a teenagers body, so if he liked Tessa then by default Landon would too. ‘Technically you and Landon wouldn’t be friends, I’m not the one who’ll be chopping down the tree.’ He said, the sarcasm lifted from his fingers. After a couple minutes in silence, the maddening boredom finally got to the young demigod, and he quickly ran his hand through his hair. ‘D’you wanna do something?’ He asked Tessa, looking at her expectantly. 
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private]   searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 9:30 pm

searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private] - Page 2 OCjBOfJsearching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private] - Page 2 Yla5ETV

Tessa Traverse
Tessa felt the temperature in the room decrease, not just a little, but quite a bit. Her skin soon became prickled with goosebumps, just like they had in the tree about three hours ago. She rubbed her palms of her her skin, hoping the annoying chill would go away. The teenager didn't like winter, she really didn't. Hockey was the only thing Tessa enjoyed about winter. She could aggressively skate around on the rinks all week long if she wanted to after school every day. Colette would join her some evenings, especially if it was getting late. The pair of them would often get kicked out of the rink. She liked the smell of ice, it was fresh and clean, as if it was perfect in almost every way. The smell of the infirmary's chemicals, on the other hand, was less than perfect. If she concentrated hard enough, Tessa could still smell the crisp scent of ice.

She continued to cross her arms, rubbing up and down on her skin in hopes of reviving them to their not totally freezing state. Maybe she'd have to talk to that Jared guy about getting the infirmary some freaking walls, because she was going to catch a cold in this kind of environment. That sounded like something the average person would complain about, but after breaking an arm earlier, she felt like being a little average for a while. Not averagely average though, Tessa refused to conform into society, but she didn't mind blending in. It was easy to paint on a fake face, personality or motive. Everyone either believed you or they didn't, and it was easy to tell. Now she could've done that, but looking over at Archer her only friend, she felt that paint drip off of her face. He didn't even know her, but she wanted him to. The real Tessa Traverse too, not the trouble making, indifferent Tessa that hadn't accomplished anything in her life.

His reply made her smile, but she didn't reply. You could only play out sarcasm so much without it being exceedingly repetitive. The chill, while still present, was getting old and she had soon adjusted back to it. Although, her fingers were getting a little blue, but it wasn't as noticeable if she moved them. Tessa caught the rolling of his eyes and grinned. In that second, he had proven himself to her. 'You're such a moron.' she wrote, shaking her head. She would've written more, but he shut his eyes and she got concerned. Her heartbeat instantly quickened as her smirk changed into a frown. Tessa scanned the infirmary, but no medics were visible. What if he was going into post - concussion shock or something? Just as she was about to call for the cranky healer, he opened his eyes again.

She left the jacket case at that, and instead waited for his reply on Landon. While Tessa had only seen the twins a few times, she assumed the two were close, just by the way Archer spoke [wrote?] of him. 'I've never been good with friends,' she stated, chewing on her bottom lip. The sentence was short and sweet, but it meant a lot to Tessa. She opened up a tiny section of her guarded heart, inviting him in. The doorway was small, but she knew he could make it in, if anyone could. The silence allowed the sound of wind to flow into the room, making her wish that the cabin wasn't so far away. Winter wind was the worst. Archer's idea, however, made her grin. 'Yeah, let's ditch; again.' She stood slowly, careful not to scratch the wooden floors with her stool. The medics must've ran to supper or something, because they weren't anywhere in sight. A few of the injured were moaning in their cots, but they wouldn't say anything. As soon as she had determined that the coast was clear, she glanced back at Archer, a mischievous glint in her eyes.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private]   searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

searching for a sound we haven't heard before --- [private]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2