Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Safe and sound... or not [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Safe and sound... or not [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Safe and sound... or not [Private] Tumblr_lx20n6Lpar1qlrrjqo1_500_large
|Simon|17|Montri|
// H E C A T E \\

Simon playfully rolled his eyes as well, chuckling softly as he did. "Still an adventure, Beautiful. Haven't had as much fun as that in ages."

Simon ruffled his hair and only then did he notice that he was still holding Haven's hand. He looked at her for a few moments, wondering if she minded. Well, they had just met and all. Just to be safe, Simon gently let go of her hand and gave her a warm smile. After all, Simon can be quite the gentleman despite his player-like tendencies.

The son of Hecate looked around his surroundings for a few moments. He frowned a bit, just realizing that the woods was one of the most dangerous places in camp. It was the only place that actually had live monsters in it. Simon became vigilant, alert for any sound that could disrupt the environment. He glanced at Haven, managing a mischievous smile. "I don't think our adventure is over just yet."
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:17 am

Safe and sound... or not [Private] 06e1771a
Haven Felicia Manning
Hephaestus

[b]it took haven a moment for her to figure out what he was talking about. She could be quite clueless at times, but this only took her a very short time to catch on to. She layed her hand on her wrist covering her bracelet, preparedto draw he weapon as she studied Simon's features before peering around them. All's seemed quit. Nothing so out of the ordinary, but Haven knew better. She wasn't very well trained yet but she knew the basics and nothing was ever as it seemed.
"Just what I need," She muttered. "Another thing that's suppossed to be dead popping out at me." Haven shivered slightly to the memory of the Oracle. She somehow knew she'd ever be able to get that gruesome image out of her head, which was actually quite disappinting. Maybe she could get someone to hypnotize the memory away, but Haven asking for that kind of thing is unlikely.
She shook her head. Focus, she told herself, balling her fists.
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:42 am

Chuckling at what Haven said, Simon looked up at the tree he was leaning on. It looked sturdy enough. There were less chances of being spotted by monsters, or anyone else, if they were perched on those branches. Of course, that was if Haven didn't want to leave the forest at this time. Well, Simon didn't.

"Do you want to stay here for a while or do you want to get out asap?" Simon asked, leaving the choice up to Haven. He was fine with both, but an inner part of his mind hoped that she wanted to stay. Not that he was going to say that aloud though. Simon didn't want to influence her decision or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:49 am

Haven Felicia Manning
Hephaestus

haven shrugged. she was perfectly fine with staying in the woods, it wasn't like she wasn't trained enough. She wasn't scared, if that was what Simon thought he better get his facts straight. Although, she shouldn't really be talking, being the fact that they had both freaked out over a mummy. Did he even actually want Haven to stay hanging sround in the woods with him? She shook her head though suppressing a smile.
"I'm fine," Haven assured him. She held up her arms as if she was showing off her muscles. There wasn't much to show. "I'm tough. I can handle some big scary woods." Haven was used to being outside by now. Camp was mostly outside anyway but not truely out in the wilderness where monsters are on stand by waiting for the correct moment to attack.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:02 am

Simon cocked one of his eyebrows as Haven flexed her arms. "So you're not afraid of the big scary woods where big scary monsters roam, but you got scared of that motionless decaying mummy?"

Simon shot her a playful grin as he planted both his hands on the tree bark. He started to climb, slowly at first, trying to get a hold on the rough bark of the tree trunk. Still grinning, Simon threw Haven a challenging look as he stopped halfway up the nearest branch. "C'mon, Haven. I don't want the monsters seeing your pretty face. Might make me tad bit jealous," Simon teased her, waiting for her to follow his lead.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:51 am

Haven Felicia Manning
Hephaestus

haven looked at simon, watching as he challenged her through his eyes. [i]Jealous?[i] He has got to be kidding. No way is he serious. He was probably just teasing her in the odd way that all boys natrally do.Haveb couldn't supress a smile though, as he looke down at her. "Is that a challenge?" she laughed then followed him, first grabbing hold if the closest branch in her reach. The rock wall wasn't as pointless as it had seemed anymore. Besides it being a bit of a fun adventure of its own, Haven had thought it at first a pointless tool that would not be used often.
Climbing after Simon though, it made her change her mind about it. It was almost funny. It was obvious he did this a lot more than she did.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Simon continued climbing when he saw that Haven followed his lead. Grinning, he finally hoisted himself up to the thickest branch he could find. Once he was perfectly balanced, Simon looked down to see how Haven was doing. Simon stretched out his hand for her when she was close enough for him to reach.

That was when a loud growl a close distance away ripped the peaceful silence the forest had to offer.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Haven Felicia Manning
Hephaestus

haven climbed clumsily after Simon, not being able to help but let a tiny smile erupt from her lips. She wasn't a very good or swift climber but was able to keep up. And just as Haven was about to reach for Simon's hand that he offered out towards her, the sound hit her. A low but fierce and sturdy growl coming from someplace below them disrupting the soft feeling of the day.
Haven made quick eyecontact with Simon which only confirmed he had heard it too and it wasn't Haven's imagination. That wasn't a very reasurring factor for Haven. She steadied herself against the tree, keeping her balence even on two branches. Placing her hands on the tree for just a little more support she glanced around not seeing anything out of the ordinary with the woods. "Simon, I think--" she was cut short by a sudden force that seemed to have hit into the tree. Something Haven hadn't seen. She barely had the reflexes to gain her balence on a single lesss sturdy branch that sagged a tiny bit under her weight. As far as she knew, Simon was still above her when the force rammed again, coming close again to making her tumble out of the tree.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:02 pm

The sudden force made Simon hug the tree trunk to avoid falling down. While he was at least stable on a strong branch, he realized that Haven was not. One more thing hitting the tree and Haven was going to lose her footing and tumble down to whatever laid in wait below. Simon clenched his teeth. No way could he let that happen.

"Wait here and try not to fall!" Simon yelled before he let himself fall, feet-first towards the ground.

It could've been a nasty fall, if it weren't for Simon manipulating the air to cushion him. He landed on the ground with ease, facing the thing that had been trying to knock down the tree for few seconds now. The hellhound turned towards him with distaste. Simon backed away slowly, trying to lead the monster away from the tree Haven was still on. Luckily for her, the hellhound began to advance towards Simon.

The son of Hecate readied himself as the beast pounced. He rolled to the side but barely dodged it. The hellhound's claws had grazed part of his shirt. Simon looked down to see the torn fabric. Well damn.

He punched the ground none too gently. The earth rumbled, with cracks beginning to form from the spot where his fist made contact with the ground. Simon gritted his teeth as the cracks grew wider, threatening to swallow the hellhound whole. It was too big though, and the most Simon had done was trap the beast's leg in the earth. He straightened up, panting tiredly as he did. The son of Hecate rushed to the tree where Haven was. "Quick, come down and let's get out of here," he shouted hoarsely, when a resounding crash brought his attention back to the monster.

"On second thought, stay there!"

And so, Simon faced the monster again, ready for another round.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Haven Felicia Manning
Hephaestus

haven had been preparing to come down from the tree long before Simon had come over to tell her to do so. Watching how he fought with no weapon was frightening. Although he seemed to know what he was doing it still scared her. When he changed his mind and faced the hound again, Haven's own mind was set. She climbed down the tree until she was able to jump down. She landed next to Simon and gave him an exagerated look. "You must be crazy if you think I'm letting you do this alone."
Another murderous growl erupted from the beast, captureing Haven's attention once more. Whatever spell or trap Simon had put up against the hound, it broke through it and didn't seem to be too happy with that fact. Haven swallowed hard and waited to draw her weapon. If there was one thing she had learned, it was that shiny celestial bronze attracts the attention of monsters much more than just standing there. Haven stayed on her toes though. Ready to move when it would be time.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:35 pm

"Not too good with following orders, are you?" Simon asked with a hint of a laugh.

The hellhound pounced once again. Simon pulled Haven to the side, the hellhound's sharp teeth missing her by inches. Okay, that did it. A pillar of earth rose from the ground in front of Simon, hitting the hellhound below its face. Simon staggered back, his breathing uneven. Any more of this and he would faint.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Haven Felicia Manning
Hephaestus

haven pursed her lips at Simon's comment, attempting not to laugh. "Who's giving orders?" she wondered aloud, just as the hound charged. Funny how she would loose her focus just as they were being attacked. She was beyond greatful that Simon was there to pull her out of the way. She would have been trampled and the dog's next meal.
Haven watched for a small fraction of a minute in awe at how well Simon menuvered with magic. Although, taking one small glacnce at him made her wonder just how much this was taking it out of him.
Her sword now drawn she stood steady, facing the large dog, Its teeth threatening to snap at her at any moment. She never broke eye contact with the dog. As it snapped, Haven did the only thing she had really learned in her limited weeks of training. She took a sudden step to the side and pierced her sword in the upper neck with the blade.
She must not have dug in deep enough because the hit just made the hound angrier.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:11 pm

Trying to collect his breath, Simon watched as Haven stabbed the hellhound on its neck. He thought that it was finished, but the monster seemed to regard the hit as nothing. The hellhound was as angry as hell now, no pun intended. Simon eyed the sword still stuck on the beast's neck and instinctively he knew what to do.

Mustering the last of his strength left, Simon made a stabbing motion in the air right in front of him. The hellhound wailed as the sword dug deeper in its neck, maybe piercing a major organ or artery somewhere. It wasn't long before the hellhound exploded in a matter of yellow dust, its last shriek still hanging in the air. Simon dropped to his knees with his body slightly covered in the monster's remains.

Simon managed a smile though as he looked up at Haven. Without having barely enough strength to speak, Simon gave her a thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Haven Felicia Manning
Hephaestus

haven turned her head to Simon just as the hellhound exploded into a rain of gold dust, a lot of which fell upon her shoulders and entagled itself into her hair. She wondered if it was possible to be allergic to this stuff because her nose itched a bit as it sprinkle her face. Haven quickly tried to shake it out though, being the fact that it was dead hellhound remains. Her attempts didn't do much.
Haven quickly retrieved her sword and went to where Simon knelt. "You're crazy," she concluded, stabbing her sword in the dirt next the them as she knelt down beside Simon. "But don't worry, it's in a good way." She studdied him for a second really starting to see that he was not as okay as she would have thought. She asked him anyway. "Are you okay?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:36 pm

Simon pushed himself up into a more stable sitting position with his back leaning against a tree. He just needed to rest for a while; that's all. Simon looked at Haven and gave her another thumbs up to show that he was fine. He didn't trust his voice at the moment.

Simon's gaze lingered on Haven, seeing that she was all yellow. He hid a guffaw behind a cough. He was probably covered in monster dust too, but he didn't really care that much. Simon ran his hand down Haven's hair in an effort to get some of the yellow dust. He tucked some of her hair behind her ear too, just for the heck of it. Simon smiled his crooked grin at her as he started to play with her hair. One thought lingered in Simon's mind.

Gods. She really is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Haven Felicia Manning
Hephaestus

haven's breath caught as if she was holding it as Simon touched her. She wasn't used to this. When they had held hands before it was more in an urgent sort of manner, just to keep the other going. Now it was just voluntary, as if normal. But it wasn't like she didn't like it. The way his hand lingered around her face playing with her hair, it felt odd but good at the same time. All the while she just looked straight at Simon.
Haven finally let out a slow and quiet breath as his touch seemed to be more of a normal case than anything else. She wondered what he could possibly be thinking at this point and she wondered the same thing. Was Simon trying to imagine what she was thinking? He wouldn't find much of thought though, because all she wondered was what was going through that mind of his.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Simon let his hand fall back to the ground with a sigh. His eyes fluttered close for a few moments as he took in deep breaths. He couldn't let this happen. He couldn't let himself feel something for this girl. That would throw off his game. His player game. All this time, he had been with a lot of girls. A lot of which he didn't really have feelings for. It was just how Simon was. He was pretty good with making them believe how smitten he was with them, when in reality, it was really nothing. But now...

Simon straightened up, clearing his throat. Looking up, he realized that they were still in the forest, meaning that they were still in danger from what beasts lay in wait behind those trees. Simon didn't think he could handle it if another hellhound burst through the trees now.

Turning to Haven, Simon found out that he could speak again. "Yellow's really not your color," he teased her smoothly. "So I suggest we get out of here before another monster comes and sprinkles us with this annoying dust."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Haven Felicia Manning
Hephaestus

haven blinked and looked away for a second, clearing her throat. She pulled her sword out of the ground and pressed a button, turning it back into it's leather bravelet form. Did she do something? He looked so troubled, Haven wondered if it was something she said or did. It wasn't until Simon spoke again the made her turn her head back towards him.
Haven managed a quick smile as he told her yellow wasn't her color. She shrugged however when he suggested they leave. "Where you thinking of heading off to?" She asked, smirking slightly. "I'm sure the monsters would miss us though if we live. What a pity, wouldn't you say?" Haven made a sarcastic pouting face before scrunching up her nose and supressing a smile, not eing able to help but laugh.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:26 pm

"They'll manage. Though it breaks my heart not to bid them goodbye..." Simon said in an exaggeratedly dramatic voice, looking up as he clutched at his chest as if it hurt. He laughed afterwards, throwing a wink at Haven's direction.

Simon shrugged as he finally managed to stand up. "I'll follow you wherever you want to go," he said sheepishly, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:38 pm

haven shrugged. she didn't know much about the area being that fact that she was of southern folk. She didn't know too much about camp let alone the city around it. But there was something about the way Simon said that. He'd follow her? Surely not in a creeperish way. It almost sounded...
Haven shook her head casting away the thought. Stop it. Who would like you anyway?
She smiled at Simon softly and shrugged again. "Let's head some place where the monsters wont follow, than. Just to toture them a bit more of our absence." She gave Simon a cocky smile before continuing. "But really, wherever we go is totally up to you. You probably know the best places at camp. Remember, I'm just the newbie here." She put her hands up in an innocent shrug as if saying, Oh, well.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Simon stretched out his arms before placing his hands behind his head. He shrugged as well, a grin gracing his features. "You sure know how to break a monster's heart. But really, Beautiful, I don't mind wherever. If you want to explore, that's pretty fine with me."

Simon just didn't want to wonder where to go though. It would mean thinking, then choosing, then deciding... It just sounded like too much work. His lazy side was kicking in. Better to just follow Haven around. Then he wouldn't have to think too much. Simon grinned at the thought, waiting for her to decide.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 12:08 am

haven rolled her eyes at Simon and sighed. She pushed aside all thoughts of him that had been running through her mind, especially the beautiful comment, and tried to think straight but she really just couldn't. He was right in front of her. How could she stop thinking about him.
What she would give to know what he was thinking.
Haven bit her lip and thought for a moment. She hadn't gone down to the beach yet. She hadn't really had found the time and interest to get up and go. Soshe shrugged. "Want to head down to the beach?" she asked him, but then shook her head and smiled. "Never mind, it's not a question. I haven't been down there yet anyway. I'll need a guide." Haven cast him a quick smirk before taking hold of his arm and giving it a nice tug.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:52 am

Simon raised his eyebrows at Haven before giving her a smirk of his own. He chuckled slightly as she tugged on his arm. Simon found it rather cute how she did that. Maybe he can get used to it. Just maybe.

"As you wish, my lady," Simon said playfully, giving a nice bow as he did. His hand found Haven's and he started to lead her in the direction of the beach.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:45 am

((I went through the trouble to make a new topic (: Click Here ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safe and sound... or not [Private]   Safe and sound... or not [Private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Safe and sound... or not [Private]
Page 1 of 1