Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Mavid (Moon of My Life)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

Mavid (Moon of My Life) Empty
PostSubject: Mavid (Moon of My Life)   Mavid (Moon of My Life) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Son of Euterpe

David pulled the lace of his shoe one last time. He just finished trying his new shoes on. He stood slowly, and looked down at them. They felt pretty light. Bouncy, at least. David turned and walked over to the wooden benches and set down his regular shoes and water bottle. He turned to look out upon the vast court. There were like two other people playing and practicing. He hoped they would keep their distance, or at least not watch as he attempted the sport. He didn't feel in the mood to embarrass himself. He let out a breath. It had been forever since he'd played basketball. He hadn't attempted the sport since he had gotten to America, only playing in England at his home when Chris asked him to. And of course, Chris always beat him and rubbed it in. It wasn't a fair match at all, but David didn't want to upset Chris because he knew that Chris would've gotten back at him.

David walked over to one of the basketball goals, held up by a large black pole. Next to the pole was a silver metal rack of three rows, each filled with basketballs.  David trotted over to it, and picked one of the balls off of the rack. Using his palms, he pressed down on it from both sides to verify that it had air in it. Then, he bounced it a couple times. Satisfied, he bounced it back to a spot in front of the goal post. He then began to attempt shots. He missed the first time, but every once in a while afterwards he would make it. After he got the hang of it with repetition, he increased the distance between himself and the goal, trying long distance shots, and even practicing lay-ups.

Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0

Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Mavid (Moon of My Life)   Mavid (Moon of My Life) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 4:44 pm

i will wait for you

Maverick had never been one for sports. Never in his life had he found it fun to run around chasing or throwing a fall and wrestling one another for it. He found his solace in skateboarding - which was a sport in it's own right, yet Mav didn't really want to shove a label on it - and that's what he chose to do today. He had pulled his hair back into a bun at the back-top of his head, keeping his curls off his face. His unbuttoned checkered shirt flapped loosely to his sides as he kicked off on his board, revealing his grunge-band t-shirt beneath it. He struggled to ride in the dangerously-tight black jeans her always wore, yet he had gotten used to it.

He rode his battered board through the path past the commons, humming softly to himself as he did it. He found nothing more peaceful that just skating, not having to think or worry about a think. It's when he got to the athletics area did he stop, a wide grin lighting up his face when he saw whom was practicing throwing shots behind the metal fencing. He kicked his board up into his hand, sprinting at the fencing and dropping his board, grabbing the metal between his fingers, "Well, look who it is! Dave! How you been, friend?" He shouted, his mocking grin never leaving his face.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Mavid (Moon of My Life)   Mavid (Moon of My Life) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Son of Euterpe

After a good amount of time practicing, David had formed a decent amount of sweat on his brow. He wasn't the most athletic guy, so he wasn't fit and in shape, but he was enjoying the workout. Pausing a moment for a breath, David shot his last ball which hit the backboard at a good angle and bounced into the goal, vibrating between the front and back rim before wiggling through. After that, he walked over to the bench that he'd set his stuff down on, letting the ball bounce to a stop behind him. He grabbed the water and took a long drink, taking a seat.

The sky was blue and the air had a bite to it, but it was mostly still with the exception of a breeze which sent chills down David's spine and practically froze his sweat to him. The sun was out and about, however, which allowed for a higher temperature. As the day rolled on, and David watched the few clouds in the sky travel over him, people began to become more frequent at the basketball courts, meeting up for a game or two with their friends.

Suddenly, David heard a voice off to his side. At first, he was a little bit confused, as there were no goals to his left, but when he turned he saw a face up against the metal gate about ten yards away. Upon registering who it was, David's heart beat heavier. Maverick watched David from the other side of the fence, his fingers gripping the wires, with a skateboard positioned next to him. Automatically, David's eyes jumped around and came to a few conclusions, which he all immediately dismissed in an attempt not to judge. Yet, out of spite based off of previous experience with Maverick, his eyes narrowed.

"My name is David," he mumbled, turning away from the fence as if severing their contact, though he knew it was a feeble attempt. His eyes trained hard at the ground in front of him, and he gripping his water bottle tighter than before, knowing that Maverick was watching him.

Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Mavid (Moon of My Life)   Mavid (Moon of My Life) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 6:24 pm

craving their blood
Maverick found no greater pleasure then getting under people's skin, at times, and this boy certainly did intrigue him: Mav knew the cruel nature of the world and that it would just throw shit and bull at people, but this boy seemed to have never even walked across anything scaring in his life. He had a naive quality that Mav seemed to seldom find in people, and this made him want to pus the boy further. See if he could drive out what was really inside him, out.

"Alright, David then. Jesus, no need to be so anal about everything." He called, sounding as obnoxious as possible. He then went to through his skateboard over the fence, causing it to bang and cause an echo as it hit the ground on the other side. Then, he lept at the fence, using his upper-body strength to climb it, his fingers tightening against the cold and thin metal as he did so. Once he was t the top, he hurled himself over, a good fifteen feet in the air. Just as he would going to hit the ground below, which would've been a very painful landing, he clenched his fists to control the air around him, cushioning himself with the wind as he hit the floor, feeling little pain. He then straightened and dusted himself off, sending a grin at David.

"I bet you wish you had that sort of talent."

ooc; i'm not being vulgar with the term 'anal', it's an expression for someone who just sticks to the rules and doesn't do anything fun around here ye, i asked an admin about it also.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Mavid (Moon of My Life)   Mavid (Moon of My Life) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 7:05 pm

Son of Euterpe

David was staring down at his hands, trying to pretend that Maverick wasn't there. By now, David had pretty much realized what it was that this kid was doing. He was just trying to pick at him, trying again and again to get onto his last nerve. It was kind of working, and as much as David hated it, he was getting kind of angry with him. He didn't see any other appropriate response in this kind of situation. The only way to get someone off your back as persistent as this kid was to take some sort of action, and maybe get a little angry. If he just kept passively acknowledging the boy, he would never go away.

David's head bolted up when a loud, sharp noise shot through the basketball courts. What little people there were instantly looked towards the fence in Maverick's direction. A lone skateboard began to roll towards the bench on which David sat. And, to make matters worse, Maverick seemed to be climbing over the fencing to join the people in the courts. David watched with horror as the skater climbed over the fence and then jumped. Moments before he hit the ground, he suddenly slowed his fall somehow. David wasn't exactly sure how he'd done it until a small gust of wind tingled his skin. He knew that Maverick must've somehow conjured it up.

"Hardly," David replied. He didn't have any desire to control the wind. He was perfectly happy with his talent in music, a passion that he wouldn't trade for anything. Still, Maverick's comment accomplished it's goal of instilling annoyance into David. The son of Euterpe bit his lip, debating now whether to just pack up and leave right then. He really didn't feel like being joined by Maverick. Plus, maybe if he left, Maverick would get the message. "Are you planning on staying here, or did you just come to bid me hello?" he asked, trying hard to give him a small smile.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mavid (Moon of My Life)   Mavid (Moon of My Life) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mavid (Moon of My Life)
Page 1 of 1