Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

|| king for a day; jaye ||

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

|| king for a day; jaye || Empty
PostSubject: || king for a day; jaye ||   || king for a day; jaye || I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 5:58 pm

imagination kills you
James was back, after two months, and he had spent the first day of his arrival back showing his brothers and sisters that he was still the 'main OG' and that he was keeping his single bedroom even if he technically was cabin leader anymore. He would move when they had replaced him, but right now he still claimed it as his. With only one full arm remaining from fighting the undead, no one really wanted to cross him and just let him do what he pleased.

But, after a few stays of staying low at camp, he decided to do the one thing he had been putting off; going to Faye. He was scared to see her; when he had left, he hadn't been in a good place, and now he was started to fix himself and he wasn't sure what to do with her. Because he was sure he loved her, but he didn't know how to deal with that. He considered climbing through her bedroom window like normal, but then went against it, and instead wrote a note with scrawled writing that read; burial ground. 3pm. missed me? - J x .

He considered staying anonymous but it would've made him more nervous, so he pretty much gave who it was away.

So after the sixteen year old had blackmailed one of her brother to slide it under her bedroom door, James found himself slowly making his way up to where he had said they would meet, his bomber jacket and tight jeans protecting his body from the cold as he stood at the top of the hill, looking down at all the old and new graves that crowded the space. It made him sad as he recognised a lot of the names carved here, though he was quite grateful at this point that his wasn't lying besides them. Three o'clock seemed to roll by fast, but James wasn't paying attention as he concentrated so much on the grounds, and therefore left him vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: || king for a day; jaye ||   || king for a day; jaye || I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 6:39 pm

i used to roll the dice
FEEL THE FEAR
IN MY ENEMY'S EYES
One minute I held the key,
the next the walls were closed on me.
FAYE LYNN MCJEAN
465 words : outfit
ooc: jaye <3
The apocalypse had changed everyone in Camp Half Blood's borders, anyone who said differently was just kidding themselves. Lives were lost, changed, and tainted with blood. As for Faye McJean, a member of cabin six, it had left a hole that wouldn't ever be filled. Friends and lovers were either dead or lost, mostly dead. She tried to keep it bottled up inside her, to be spilled out at her daily training sessions. Yet, the teenager couldn't help but be almost always under the weather. The demigod had gotten better, but better wasn't good enough.

Faye had been going through the motions, smiling when told to, but mostly sitting in her room alone and reading. Facts helped her forget what she had lost, usually. Sometimes her mind would take her to James, and she would look up at her door or window, wishing he would walk through like he used to. It was then that she had to remind herself that James wasn't coming back.

As she walked into her room after walking up some of the sleepier campers, she almost stepped on a piece of paper. Faye figured it was one of her bookmarks, and was about to throw it away when she saw handwriting on it that didn't belong to her.  Grey eyes quickly scanned over the paper, her eyes wide. James. A huge grin filled her face as she read it over once more, just to make sure she hadn't been imagining it. After determining that she wasn't insane, her smile faded and questions flooded into her head. Had he met someone else? Was he staying there for good?

None the less, she was going to the burial ground to see him. Faye grabbed a sweater, coat, and her boots, then headed out. The autumn air nipped at her face, making her cheeks red and her fingers numb. The cemetery was a long ways from cabin six, but it was worth the walk. As the gravestones came into view, an acidic feeling formed in her stomach. Vinnie was buried here. The Athenian had tried to avoid thoughts of him since the recent war, but her thoughts were always wandering about. However, most of the thoughts vanished at the sight of James.

Her feet didn't move any faster, and her eyes didn't light up, but she felt butterflies replace the acid. The demigod's face was still as she gave him a small smile. "Hey James." Faye's words almost got lost in the wind, they were spoken so softly. She often wondered if him hearing her say his name had any effect on him. The girl had longed to hear his voice, saying only her name, as it always sent a wave of glee through her body. She hadn't felt that in a while.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: || king for a day; jaye ||   || king for a day; jaye || I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 6:01 pm

imagination kills you
It probably wasn't really helping the son of Ares and his mental state by choosing to meet Faye in the middle of the burial ground, seeing as there was still a hint of darkness and insanity left in his mind, and seeing all of his couldn't help. His stuffed his hand in the pocket of his bomber jacket, his hair wavering in the breeze slightly as he read tombstone after tombstone until his vision just seemed to delve into one and blur. His mind started to ache, and he found himself cursing and holding his head in one hand, squeezing his eyes closed. He seemed to be getting them a lot lately, but decided to blame it on the stress of returning to camp rather than much else.

He pulled a row of painkillers out of his back pocket and popped one into his mouth, hoping that it would do him some good. It was all he could get his hands on right now, yet seemed be going through them pretty quickly. He kept having to read over the packet again to make sure he wasn't taking more than he should, yet not understanding how he was going through them so fast when he realised that he was being 'safe' with the dosage.

Stuffing the plastic back in the pocket of his jeans, an all-too-familiar voice made the hairs on the back of his neck stand and the sixteen year old sort of froze. He was glad that the girl had actually decided to join him, and she didn't sound angry like James had imagined. Slowly he turned to face her, seeing that she - like he - was looking a lot healthier and better than she had when he last saw her, and a smirk immediately curled its way onto his lips. His blue eyes moved down the girl's body from her head to toes and back up again, finally meeting her gaze again and nodding slightly, "Faye." James called, sounding a lot better too; there wasn't only warmth to his voice, yet it was tinged with the slight cockiness that it used to hold all those months back. "Long time no see. You're looking...good." His face curled up in distaste at his choice of words, frowning and rephrasing them, "Hot. You look hot. Like, hotter than a Nerd should look." James chuckled at himself, shaking his head slightly.

outfit bbs
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: || king for a day; jaye ||   || king for a day; jaye || I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:13 pm

i used to roll the dice
FEEL THE FEAR
IN MY ENEMY'S EYES
FAYE LYNN MCJEAN
not enough words : outfit
ooc: jaye <3<3333
His voice couldn't come fast enough, as she felt herself holding her breath awaiting a response. Anything would've sufficed for her, just the sound that he was still breathing was enough. Faye's grey eyes flicked up towards his, recognizing the smirk in his eyes immediately. Her name, just her name, was enough to cause the same wave of inner joy to spike through her. The tone of his voice was another thing; it was so alive.

She exhaled as a smile filled her face as she replayed the sound of his voice over again in her mind. The cockiness in James' tone seemed so ancient, but familiar and welcoming at the same time. Faye hadn't realized how much she had truly missed the sound of his voice. Feeling her self confidence fade as he gave her a quick once-over, she averted her gaze to the ground.

A chuckle escaped her chapped lips at his choice of words, before he rearranged them. A shade of bright red filled her cheeks, not just from the cold this time. "I'm actually kind of cold," Faye responded with a smile, her grey eyes flicking back up at him. She brushed a strand of her loose hair behind her ear, the crimson not leaving her face.

She analyzed his facial features, trying to think of the word to describe how he seemed. Handsome as ever... kissable, strong... alive? Faye couldn't quite find the right description. "It's nice to have you back, Carter," the demigod said with another laugh.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: || king for a day; jaye ||   || king for a day; jaye || I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 5:54 pm

imagination kills you
Being away had made Carter realise many things. The first was the British currency system was a lot easier and effective than the American. The second was that he relied on the few people he had at camp to actually keep himself on his feet, and those people included June and Faye and all of the other losers that he needed. The third was that he had been so much of a jerk lately that he wanted to even punch himself, so he had decided that, upon returning, he would try not to be such an arsehole. Starting with Faye.

"Cold?" The son of Ares inquired, the corner of his mouth staying in it's curled position. He took a small step to where the girl stood, trying to stay slow although not sure if he could even hold himself back, "Too bad there isn't anything here to warm you up, isn't it?" He shrugged, running his only hand through his locks of hair to push them off his face. "If I was a nice guy, I would come over there a warm you up..." a laugh erupted from James' lips, echoing throughout the dead quiet cemetery, "I think we both know I'm nowhere near being a nice guy."

Taking long strides forwards until he was only a few feet away from Faye, he raised an eyebrow at her, "So, with all the chaos and crap that's happened lately, I don't think I ever actually did take you out." he tried to seem nonchalant, but seemed to be failing, "What would you say if the offer still stood, Nerd? I mean, unless you've found another loser to be with you while I've been away away. That would be fine." It wouldn't be fine, but she didn't need to know that.

outfit bbs and mooN OMG HOVER OVER JAMES' GIF OMF I DID A THING
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: || king for a day; jaye ||   || king for a day; jaye || I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:15 pm

i used to roll the dice
FEEL THE FEAR
IN MY ENEMY'S EYES
FAYE LYNN MCJEAN
ooc: oMG THAT THING IS LOVELYYY
Seeing James before her felt like opening a time capsule from the six months before the almost-end of the world. His smirk seemed to filled her up more than she had expected, partially because she didn't think he would be this good. To see him smiling, almost, and talking normally again was refreshing. Even with his lack of limbs, she thought James was better than ever before.

She rolled her eyes at his comment, almost not believing the direction the conversation took. James was acting like James again. She couldn't keep the smile off her face as he continued in his sarcastic remarks, as she stood still like a lovestruck fool. When she read the note, she knew some of his old self had to be back, but this? This was a miracle. "Mhm, a shame really," Faye remarked with a grin, joining in his laughter. She hadn't really laughed since back then, and it brought an old expression to her usually troubled features; hope. "No, not at all," the demigod agreed.

Her body felt like it was being drawn to him, like gravity was trying to tell her to hurry up and make her move before he left again. However, she resisted and stayed frozen in her position as the boy neared her. Faye's eyebrow raised at the mention of 'taking her out', trying to keep the emotion bubbling in her from bursting out, but failing as a dorky grin spread on her face. "I - uh," she stammered, brushing a strand of raven colored hair behind her ear. "No, you're my only loser," Faye said with a smirk. She had to remind herself to answer the question, as she opened her mouth to speak. For a second, no words came out. "I think I could take you up on that offer, I mean, unless you have another Nerd to tend to?"
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: || king for a day; jaye ||   || king for a day; jaye || I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 5:49 pm

imagination kills you
The grin plastered on James' smug face hadn't seemed to have disappeared since he had turned to see the gorgeous brunette approaching him, and everything that was happening was just helping the rehabilitation of his ego. To say that he was turning into the same person he had been before was only half true; he was becoming even more cocky and flirtatious and daring as he had been before everything that had happened, but there was still internal conflicts. He was still struggling to think the same way as he had before; he wasn't as soft as he used to be, even though he was trying, and he sometimes still got so worked up that he felt himself leaping closer to losing it.

Snorting as the geeky grin spread across her own dface, James took more steps towards her, but just as they were practically touching, he decided to change direction and walk around her. "Good." He just nodded, glad that she hadn't met anyone else in the time he had been gone. he hadn't either; there had been a few childhood friends he had met-up-with again back in London but nothing that he really cared too much about. Honestly, he hadn't really been bothered with them, but instead just wanted to see how that had turned out.

Let's just say that James thought that he had ended up looking the best after three years, even though he was missing a limp. That had been hard to explain also.

After trying to stop himself, the ADHD instinctual-side in James fought against the resisting side and won, causing James to slowly and without-warning slip his arm around Faye's waist from behind, his hand resting where her belly-button was and the top of her head touching his chin. "So I guess that, because you haven't met another loser, it's fine with you if I do this?" He asked, ducking his head besides hers so he could speak closer to her ear.

outfit bbs, haha thankies pretty proud yh<33 and short post sorry
[/color]
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: || king for a day; jaye ||   || king for a day; jaye || I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 10:13 pm

i used to roll the dice
FEEL THE FEAR
IN MY ENEMY'S EYES
FAYE LYNN MCJEAN
ooc: trying to make faye lovestruck is proving more  difficult than I had planned
She covered her mouth as she heard the snort coming from him. Faye hadn't realized that she had been looking that stupid. The girl had been knowing to do stupid things, like staring and overrating, but she didn't normally have stupid smiles plastered over her face. The sense of gravity increased as he neared, the demigod fighting herself, resisting the urge to just touch him, and make sure she wasn't dreaming.

Faye exhaled rather loudly as he went behind her, trying to keep her poker face on. Unfortunately for her, she had a rather awful poker face. She simply nodded in agreement, trying to keep eye contact with the son of Ares. She tried to keep her mind clear and focused on the task at hand, keeping a normal conversation James. Yet, she felt butterflies filling her stomach and her heart rate quickening.

A gasp quickly escaped her lips as she felt an arm around her stomach, before a smile filled her face, a normal one this time, thank gods. She felt like sparks were passing over her stomach, as she kept contact with his neck as his head hovered over her. Faye would normally despise being this short, but having his breath on her ear sent shivers down her spine. "Yeah, totally fine," she breathed softly. The demigod hadn't realized how much she had missed contact, not just with James, but with people. Ever since the end of the apocalypse, Faye hadn't touched anyone. Contact made her seem violated, but this, this was different.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: || king for a day; jaye ||   || king for a day; jaye || I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|| king for a day; jaye ||
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Burial Grounds-
Jump to: