Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

quarantine || gus & iris

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

quarantine || gus & iris  Empty
PostSubject: quarantine || gus & iris    quarantine || gus & iris  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:11 am

quarantine || gus & iris  Tumblr_inline_mojzhcOAKA1r880zl
Iris Louise Carmichael

Iris Carmichael, daughter of Hades, stood outside the camp store, guarding the doors with a cousin from Cabin One. She was heavily armed and looked totally deadly. The girl had a belt of weapons on and a sword in each hand. She a bow and quiver slung over her shoulder and a few Greek Fire grenades stuck into her pockets. It was clear that Iris hadn't properly bathed in a few days from her smell and her appearance. She had a thin layer of sweat and dirt coating her body with blood spatter up her shirt and down the side of her pants. She had an oozing gash on the side of her head that looked somewhat infected. She'd been meaning to get something done with that for a while now.

Iris had a paisley hankerchief tied around her forehead keeping the hair out of her face and keep pressure on half of the gash. Underneath all of her weaponry, she wore a simple long sleeved flannel and a pair of skinny black pants. Not jeans, but way thicker than leggings. They were a special kind of armor pants made by the Hephaestus cabin as a prototype. Apparently they were indestructable... but judging by the hole and blood running down her leg, they weren't. On her feet, she wore heavy boots tied up to her mid calf. They had mud and some green ooze all over them. And on her face, under her crazed brown eyes, she wore two thick lines of black, war paint.

"Hey, I'm gonna go take a leak," her cousin said softly, tapping her shoulder. Iris didn't even look over as she nodded at him. She couldn't take her eyes off of the dark forest that lay before her. "I will not die," she whispered to herself. She would not die. She would not. She'd been to hell before and she intended not go back anytime soon. Hardly moving, Iris pulled a thin silver flask out of her belt and put it to her mouth, letting the energy drink/vodka mixture slide down her throat with a burning satisfaction.

Suddenly, a twig snapped from her direction of eleven o'clock. Iris fluently slid into fighting position. An arrow was poised perfectly on her bow and she pulled it back, taking aim for a moment, waiting for the zombie to come bursting out of the woods. As if on command, the gray, mutilated creature came screeching out of the brush. Iris didn't flinch as she fired an exploding arrow at it. The arrow whistled through the air and blew out the corpse's foot. "Damn," she mumbled, slinging her bow over her back and surging forward with her swords in both hands.

The daughter of Hades moved with a fiercness she'd never felt before. She felt wild and crazy and loose as she sprinted towards the monster. "Arghhh!" She let out a wild call as she made a slash at its head. The zombie was somewhat faster though and it ducked. It made a grab at her hair, but Iris was right on top of it. With a smile, the girl grabbed the zombie's wrist and snapped it was if it were a pencil. The monster let out a roar and grabbed her throat, pushing her to the ground.

Iris' head slammed onto the grass as the zombie kneeled on top of her body. She struggled against its grip hard. Its cold, clammy, dead fingers tightened on her windpipe. With a sigh, the girl gave up and the monster grinned down at her. its smile was black and had old chunks of meat in between his teeth. His breath stunk of old meals and human flesh. It made a screaming noise as it went for her jugular.

The creature stopped suddenly when Iris got her hand free and pushed a dagger upward into its own throat. The creature made a gurgling noise and Iris let out a sick chuckle. The zombie's black, thick, cold blood oozed out of its throat and plopped onto her face. She pushed out under from the body and let it lie on the ground for a moment, choking on its own blood. The ruthless girl stood up and brushed herself off. She unsheathed a sword and brought it down on the back of its neck.

The blade sliced cleanly through the monsters neck and the head rolled to the ground with a bounce and thunk. Iris wiped the monster blood off her face and onto her two fingers. She flung the blood to the ground except for a little bit of it and wiped the little bit under her eyes for a fresher painted look. She picked up her sword from the ground and walked back to her post just as her cousin came back from relieving himself. He looked at her and the zombie and just shook his head.

Iris didn't bat an eyelash. She didn't even seem normal anymore. Her eyes had a crazed, wild look to them and she almost looked sadistic with the slight grin tugging at the corners of her mouth.

outfit

Last edited by ♡ michael ♡ on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: quarantine || gus & iris    quarantine || gus & iris  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:10 am

quarantine || gus & iris  Tumblr_mft7xvBuSc1s1bft7o1_500
gus williams,
Gus Williams didn't remember anything about the past few days when he woke up on top of his own cabin in the dead of night with a blinding pain emanating from his right shoulder. Rubbing a numb hand through his messy hair, the son of Apollo tried to make heads and tails of the situation. He wasn't sure how he had gotten on the roof, or why there was enough tried blood that had dripped out of his shoulder to permaglue his ripped up t-shirt to his body forever, or what was making the moaning and screeching noises from below him, but he did remember one thing. There had been a guy, a dead looking guy, on the first night. Gus had killed him without thinking. And then he had killed more. He had been locked out of safety for four days—surviving on his own for four days—and something must have knocked him out. He couldn't for the life of him remeber what that somethign had been, though.

Zombies. Memories of his week of struggle came flooding the boy's head, and Gus nearly fell off the roof. There had somehow been a zombie apocalypse and now it was kill or be killed. The pain in Gus' shoulder was growing stronger, and the boy decided that it was either a bite or something that needed almost immediate attention. Gathering all of the strength he could muster, Gus crawled across the roof and began slowly lowering himself.

He hadn't been dangling off the edge for two seconds when he felt a hand grab his ankle. Yelping like a dog, Gus let go of the roof altogether and fell several unhealthy feet to the ground, where he landed with an extremely painful thud on top of a now smushed zombie. With incredible luck, the son of Apollo had managed to center most of his fall on the undead's head. That was the only luck Gus would recieve for a while. His shoulder was definitely getting worse, and he shook as he tried to flip himself over, to no prevail. He couldn't lay on the ground forever, not now, not when he could he killed any minute and he was currently so vulnerable.

Gus blacked out for a few minutes after that from the pain, but when he came to, he realized he was walking, almost running, his will to live overcoming his weakness. Looking around and scratching his head, Gus sighed heavily. His voice broke as he sighed, and the tall teenager had the gut reaction to grab his shoulder, which made him let out a cry of pain. "Ahhhgh!" Gus shouted, his low voice carrying and not doubt attracting some unwanted attention. Cursing himself for making such a dumb mistake and reaching for his necklace, Gus ripped it off of himself and released his sword, not wasting any time by admiring it, only continuing his sprint.

At the first sign of survivors, Gus turned quickly towards them, dropping his sword and collapsing in front of the two demigods. "It's not a bite," he weakly explained. "I swear to god it's... not a bite, I've had it.. for a few days.." Gus was sitting on his knees, his torso bent over his legs as he held onto his wound which had been reopened when he fell off of the roof. "Please, help me."
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: quarantine || gus & iris    quarantine || gus & iris  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:13 pm

quarantine || gus & iris  Tumblr_inline_mojzhcOAKA1r880zl
Iris Louise Carmichael

Roughly a few hours later, Iris had moved her position to a tree. She'd been sitting in it all night without breaking position. She had no intention of letting any zombies get to the camp store. There were  important things in there. So far, it'd been pretty quiet with the occasional zombie child that Iris had ruthlessly taken out. But other than that, not much had been happening. A few minutes ago, Xavier, Iris's cousin, had left to go take a nap. Ultimately, Iris was alone until her backup arrived. But that could take ten minutes at a minimum or they could just forget about her. Odds are that they wouldn't forget to send another guard, but it was still a possibility. And right now, Iris was keeping every possibility open.

Within roughly ten minutes, another guard still hadn't showed up and Iris still hadn't moved. Although, her stomach was cramping up angrily in the absence of food for three days. So, she hadn't forgotten about eating, she just forgot that it was important. Iris let out a sigh and broke off some ambrosia from her belt and chewed on it delicately for a while. If she ate just a bite of it, it'd heal her head wound anyways. After she finished, she shifted her seat on the tree branch. It was a big branch but it could still break under the weight of her even though she was a tiny girl. So she shifted the ropes and basket that held her up, too. She was actually thinking of hauling some of her supplies up here and living in the trees permanently.

That's when she heard a moan. Instantly, Iris was at attention like a soldier. She had her bow poised and ready with an arrow. The arrow's head was dipped in poison this time. It was typically meant for an assasin but sometimes you had to kill the zombies the fun way. She squinted into the semi darkness and strained her vision. She didn't relax a little even when the boy with the sword hobbled into view. He was either the guard, or he was hurt. Either way, he was another person to help her guard. But when he threw his sword down onto the ground and basically collapsed, Iris sighed and raised herself out of her basket and jumped out of the tree. In the free fall to the ground, she poised her body ready for an impact and hardly winced when the ground came up under her.

Iris steadily crept up on the boy with her arrow and boy still poised in her hand. It took her a moment to realize who he truly was. "Gus?" She whispered. Was that really the happy go lucky she'd seen at the music festival? Although it was only a week ago, she felt like it was many years ago. Her eyes immediately softened at the sight of the boy she'd eventually developed a crush on. She'd spent a least three days mooning over him after the festival. With his shirt half ripped open and his body exposed, she would have been more pleased except for the fact that he was covered in zombie blood and had open wounds. "Oh, I can stitch you up right here," she said in a softer voice. Her normal voice. For the last few days she'd been nothing but gruff with everyone.

"Come on, Gus," she said, "stay with me." She was afraid he was going to black out again and she'd be left all alone. "Talk to me," she whispered. Iris reached into her belt and pulled out a needle and some thread. First she grabbed a small, spray bottle of disinfectant. "This will sting a little," she warned.

outfit

Last edited by space cadet emily on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: quarantine || gus & iris    quarantine || gus & iris  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:17 am

quarantine || gus & iris  Tumblr_lp3sl6c5cb1qcxz2fo1_500
gus williams,
Gus was only vaguely aware of what was going on around him as someone finally came to his aid. Forcefully keeping his head down, the son of Apollo attempted to avoid making eyecontact with the girl that was advancing towards him. The fact that he recognized her voice made everything so much worse. Great. He looked incapable in front of the one person he would ever try to impress. Just great. "Hello Iris," he choked out, managing a weak smile and letting his gaze wander up. "I guess there's no chance.. of me protecting my ... manliness now, huh?"

Gus chuckled but the vibrations in his chest ran across his shoulder and stung. His ribs felt like they were being pried apart, and his headache worsened. Laughing was not good when you were injured, remember that. "It's nice seeing you," Gus spat out, trying his best not to sound sarcastic given the circumstance. "Well.. you are a bit fuzzy, so I can't take in how ..great you probably look. But I'm sure you look... really stunning." The boy did his best to smile, but his lips were chapped and they peeled when he tried to stretch them into a grin. "Ah screw it," he mumbled after several more attempts to smile. "I'm happy on the inside, where there's less.. you know... pain."

How his attitude was still peachy, Gus didn't know. He didn't understand, and he didn't want to understand. There was just something about Iris that made him happy. Her helping him made him happy, her being so close to him made him happy, her being her made him just plain happy. Gus wasn't the type to get obsessive over a girl, but he was pretty sure he could be obsessive and needy and whipped over Iris.

The sharp burning sensation that errupted through his entire body snapped him out of his romantic fantasies. "Ohhh, jesus christ, iris," he groaned, trying his best not to shout and attract attention. "What is your definition of little holy—" Cussing in front of ladies was not something Gus enjoyed doing, but he couldn't really help himself. Everything hurt so badly that he couldn't tell where the source of the stinging was, and he couldn't swat anything away. "And I have a high tolerance of pain but.. damn ow ... ouuh." Gus shut his eyes tightly as the pain faded, feeling a wave of comfort wash over him. He felt like blacking out, but he was strong enough to fight that feeling. He was an Apollo kid, after all, even if he didn't have any healing abilities to show for it.

"Why are you out here by yourself?" he finally managed to ask, once his head was clear enough to formulate the thought. "I'm glad I found you, young lady, because.." Gus trailed off as he felt his eyes shutting. Slapping himself lightly, the boy cringed. He still had an open wound that was practically ripping him apart. "Shoulder." That was all Gus could get out before he ran his hands feverishly through his hair and began taking deep, paniced breaths.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quarantine || gus & iris    quarantine || gus & iris  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

quarantine || gus & iris
Page 1 of 1