Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling

Go down 
+5
Pandanote
sapphire
Beanie
lara croft
Sniggle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  Empty
PostSubject: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:00 am

I believe in the faith that grows
And the four right chords can make me cry
When I'm with you I feel like I could die
And that would be all right, all right

LYRICS YEAHHHH

Okay so event idea. Team rp of sorts: OTP battles.

Basically, the admins create however many rounds they want, each with a different task that a couple must rp out. Then whoever is picked as the judges will read all the entries and determine which was the cutest. You get a point for each round your team wins. The team with the most points will get a prize.

Ya dig?
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Awww that sounds so cute
I THINK THIS IDEA IS AWESOME
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 6:30 pm

OMG yes. The posts have to be lengthy though.

And we should also do something like a joint story, where people are paired up and they both have to write a fanfiction that is connected somehow.
There was this writing competition that I saw where a newer member got paired up with a older member and they did the contest mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Posts don't have to be lengthy. Quality over quantity.

Anyway, it's a great idea. c:
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:11 pm

I'm quite interested in how this all works, since I'm a newbie and stuff xD but don't mind me, just expressing I have interest in this idea :P
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Well not lengthy, but more than just a role-play post.
Like a 6 sentence minimum or something.

That way people put in at least a little more effort.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:07 pm

or they could just do the very minimum and lose! -shot-

old vs. new members would be a really fun competition actually
but i feel like it might be a little one-sided a-hah-a..... -shot-

I'd totally partake in an old vs. new member event though
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:10 pm

I thought the idea was like, an old and new member paired up and did one together, because that way I think it's more fair rather than old vs new or something like that.

That's my personal opinion though (:
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:29 pm

What Panda said was right.
An old vs. new competition would be unfair to the new members.

also if they did do the very minimum, it would be entirely unfair to the other person who might write lengthy paragraphs.
Maybe we can have different groups for the length of the posts.
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Well Bean, I think that under estimates some new members! (: Some of us can type fairly lengthy and such, while others can not. Whether someone is old or new has nothing to do with such. Everyone learns at different paces.

But my point is that those who have been here longer are more known than the newbies and such so I feel like, yes they might not be biased, but it might lead to unknowingly bias.

So maybe we could have a mixture of different judges to also mix it up and be fair in that regard (: Maybe two newbies and two oldies as admins so it's equal or something. Could have a raffle thing to pick out of volunteers for judging and stuff.

These are just my ideas (:
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:21 am

wow i need more otp's
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:05 am

i agreed with panda.

however, in regards to the otp contest, if you write lengthy posts, just find a partner who also writes lengthy posts. chances are, your character is not in a relationship with a character written via one-liner, unless you yourself do one-liners.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:28 am

Quote :
or they could just do the very minimum and lose! -shot-
^ this lol
Anyway if people want to win, then it's a given that they will put in some extra effort. No one will half-ass a post that barely meets the minimum and expect to win xD (maybe if they're a really good writer or something idk). Besides, you know that you might be going up against people who like to write way past the minimum, so I personally don't see the point of having anything more than the default four-sentence requirement. That's just me though.

But if you add a maximum sentence cap instead of a minimum that'd be another story but idk just an errant thought. It might even out the playing field though?

I also agree with Panda but I'm a bit confused about the old and new member stuff. Is it still part of the otp contest or another thing entirely?
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:40 am

another thing entirely
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:41 am

I don't know people were suggesting the idea of the old and new member thing was mentioned as an idea for it I thought, so I was just expanding on the idea of it, was all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 6:17 pm

So people would team together in their OTPs. A scenario is chosen and whoever has the cutest roleplays goes onto the next round, and it's repeated till we have a victor? sounds fun :D

It'd be cool if it was still February and we could do it for valentines day :P this year has been going too fast.

/begins zan summoning ritual
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:32 pm

i enjoy this idea a lot 8,D
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:10 am

actually the iAV valentine event is where i got this idea from uwu
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Whoop this is late, but I like this idea a lot. Snaps for Snig for coming up with this idea.

*snaps*
Back to top Go down
Arty Evans

Arty Evans

Location : In a place where all time has stopped and the good are destroyed, You will find me, A white rose in a sea of red.

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 12:44 pm

Gosh I'm so late /facepalm

I like this idea. . . a lot.

Who would be considered new and who would be considered old?

Okay so I consider myself relatively new(because of my charming inactivity) but I have been here for about two years *YAY* If it was old verses new it would be maybe people who have been around for three or more verses people two years and below. . . Just throwing that out. . . But yeah like the idea. . .

Back to top Go down
http://badlandsteenager.tumblr.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:41 pm

BUMP BECAUSE THIS IDEA IS THE BOMB. and the site is so inactive we need active.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 2:24 am

yeah bc i have more charries and i need activity so extra buuuuuuuuump~
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:04 pm

I think that people should be able to decide if they are a newbie or not. I, personally do not consider my self a newbie, even though I've been here for less than two years.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 5:46 am

Two years is cray you're an old bat

Less than six months? Newbie -shot-
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Looks who's talking Sni. You're a legal adult ;P

That sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling    I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives  feeling, an earthy feeling  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives feeling, an earthy feeling
Page 1 of 1