Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Country of Juboo: Starting Out

Go down 

How do you like the story?
It's a lot better that the older one; I love it!
The Country of Juboo: Starting Out I_vote_lcap100%The Country of Juboo: Starting Out I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
It's pretty good!
The Country of Juboo: Starting Out I_vote_lcap0%The Country of Juboo: Starting Out I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I like it
The Country of Juboo: Starting Out I_vote_lcap0%The Country of Juboo: Starting Out I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's okay, but I. liked the older one better.
 0% [ 0 ]
Eh ... not too big of a fan of it.
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't like it.
 0% [ 0 ]
It's terrible; don't quit your day job!
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

The Country of Juboo: Starting Out Empty
PostSubject: The Country of Juboo: Starting Out   The Country of Juboo: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:54 am

Author's Note: This is a remake of a sotry I wrote almost two years ago, back in early January of '11. I was rewriting it, and decided that it was really bad, and my writing skill have thus improved since then. So here is the old introduction, and here is the new one! Reviews are much appreciated! Enjoy! <3

Introduction
On a distant planet in a solar system far away from that of Earth's own solar system, wass the country of Juboo. Juboo was a wealthy country with nearly everything you could imagine, well except for in the middle of the country. If you lived in the middle of the country, you didn't get as much of the luxuries as if you lived in one of the bustling cities of Juboo. It was nearly completely isolated in the middle of the country, therefore there wasn't as much technology and development, which was why it was the perfect place to hide... maybe.

Our story begins in the capitol of Juboo, Comet City, in the house of the family to whom the country is named after, the Juboos. Penelope Juboo was the only daughter of the two child family that currently ran the country. She was currently pacing up and down in her room, like her father when he was stressed from politics, only, that wasn't the reason she was pacing. She could care less about politics right now. She stopped at her closet and picked up the backpack that she usually used for school and threw it down onto her bed, which was suspended a foot above the wooden floor. Floating furniture was one of the few advances that almost every country on the planet, Nor, had available to them.

Penelope started to fill her backpack with clothing from her closet and books from her bookcase. Once she went over to her desk to get her phone, she said to herself, "My dream is right; I should run away. I'm tired of my parent expecting me to be perfect, expecting me to do great things. On top of that, seven-eighths of my classmates at school think I'm a freak for not having an ability. First, I should call Isabelle and Derek; they will want to hear about this. Maybe, they'll even come with me on my adventure."

Penelope called her friends and told them the entire story about how she had had a dream that seemed to tell her that it was imperative that she leave her home for the country. She told them she was going along with it, and her reasons for doing so. Finally, she finished with, "If you're coming along with me, meet me at the school in half a hour's time. I love you both. Hope to see you soon; bye!"

Penelope hung up after the two siblings had said goodbye to her. She grabbed the charger of her phone and put it in the smallest pocket of her backpack. Putting her phone in the pocket of the jacket she was wearing, she picked up a pouch, notebook, and folder, putting them on top of all the books in her backpack. Zipping the backpack up, she picked it up and headed downstairs into the kitchen.

Whist in the kitchen for a minute or so, Penelope grabbed a few snacks for on the road. She and her friends, if they came, would need something to munch on until they were able to stop somewhere and get more.

Putting the food in a separate bad, Penelope began to set out on her adventure. She had no second thoughts, whatsoever, as she turned the handle on the front door and opened it up. She closed the door behind her and headed out to her car, so that she could see if her best friends would be joining her by the school, or not.
Back to top Go down

The Country of Juboo: Starting Out
Page 1 of 1