Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Runaways: Starting Out

Go down 
5 posters

Do you like my story?
Yes
The Runaways: Starting Out I_vote_lcap50%The Runaways: Starting Out I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Maybe, I'll have to read more.
The Runaways: Starting Out I_vote_lcap30%The Runaways: Starting Out I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Kinda
The Runaways: Starting Out I_vote_lcap20%The Runaways: Starting Out I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No
The Runaways: Starting Out I_vote_lcap0%The Runaways: Starting Out I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

The Runaways: Starting Out Empty
PostSubject: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Prologue

Penelope was having a dream where she was hearing voice telling her to run away from her home in Juboo. Every image flashed passed by her eyes. At first it was her on the phone talking to Jake then she called Isabella. The next image she saw was the empty backpack. After that there was a full backpack and she saw it over her shoulders. The last image she saw before she woke up with a start was two girls, her and Isabella and one boy, Jake on the road. They each had a backpack over their shoulders.

Penelope woke-up with a start and looked at the purple floating ball that had the time on it. The time was 4:30 AM. She took her Iphone off her desk and unplugged it. She got out of her floating bed and landed on the floor. She got out of her pajamas and changed into jeans, a black shirt, and a camouflage coat. She brushed her hair and her teeth. She went into the kitchen and got an apple. She sighed and knew what she had to do. She grabbed her IPhone out of her pocket. She dial Jake’s phone number.

“Hey, Jake. I’m going to run away. If you’re with me, meet me at school at 7:15 AM. See you!” said Penelope. She hung up and dialed Isabella’s phone number.

Penelope heard two rings and Isabella’s voice said, “Hey Penny! What’s up?”

“Bella, I’m running away. If you’re with me meet me at the school at 7:15 AM. Bye!”

“Bye” said Isabella. She hung up.

Penelope hung up the phone and went into her room. She got her backpack out and made sure it was empty. She put clothes inside and got all her money inside. She got her car keys and put them inside. She went into the kitchen and put some food in her backpack. She forgot about her phone charger. She walked out side and put the backpack in the passenger seat of her car. She put the keys in ignition and drove out of the driveway.

• • •

At 7:15 AM Isabella and Jake hopped in the back of the car and they drove out of the school parking lot. Isabella had curly brown hair that nearly went to her knees. She had sparkling green eyes. Jake had black hair that was curled upward in the front and it went to the top of his neck on the sides and in the back. He had brown eyesPenelope had straight blond hair and mysterious blue eyes. Over those eyes were some geeky glasses that were black.

“Where are we going Penny?” asked Jake after thirty minutes of Taylor Swift and Green Day music playing.

Penelope thought for a moment. She said, “No idea. Any ideas my friends.”

“No, I don’t Penny. We’re much more than friends now. We’re family,” said Isabella.

“Yeah, family,” said Penelope. She drove around for about another half hour and they stopped in the parking lot of a fast food place.

“I love Taco Bell,” said Jake. Penelope and Isabella nodded.

~~That's the prologue of my story. Vote and leave suggestions or comments below.

Last edited by Alaskan Elf on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:17 pm

I feel like you're using too much of the same word. You're always using "Said" and not anything special. It also feels like that you're putting it out there too fast. You should answer some questions that the reader might be asking. "Why is the bed floating?" "Why is she doing what her dream tells her to?" "Are her parents bad? "Why is she running away?" And other questions are remaining un-answered.

Over all, I thought the story was kinda bland and rushed. But the story line is great :D
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Well it was just the prologue. I'll be answering some of those questions in Chapter 1. Which I shall start making tonight or tomorrow :D
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:12 pm

I like it so far, but there's a movie called The Run Aways.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:59 pm

That's a temporary Series name.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Ah, okay[:
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:34 am

Chapter 1= Twin Birthdays

Thursday, May 14.
It is May as I write this. The twins, Isabella and Jake are fighting about god knows what. I’m fighting even more with Jake. It may be a result of our running away. It’s been six months since we ran away. I’ve been writing a letter each month, alway on the 14. I don’t send them to anyone, I have no idea what I’ll do with them. Maybe I’ll bury them all once my journey is done. I hope the arguing will stop soon. During this last month I keep thinking I see a large shadow behind us in the car, but when I look back it isn’t there. I see it at least twice every week. The shadow is starting to creep me out. The last time my friends and I showered was at one of those beach showers, where you rinse the sand off your legs. We had to buy bathing suits just for that. At last I must depart. See you in a month, notebook.
~Penelope Juboo

Penelope had written her letter the night before on May 14, after Isabella and Jake had gone to sleep. It was now sometime in the early morning. Penelope nearly fell over in her seat. Luckily, she woke up just in time to stop herself, as always. Penelope gasped and looked around. The shadow wasn’t there. Thank god. She looked in the back of her chevy. Jake and Isabella were asleep and unbuckled. Well, she was unbuckled as well so did it matter? No, not really. Penelope woke up the twins.
“Where should we head today” asked Penelope? She always wanted her friends opinion. That and she had no idea where they should go. Right now they were in a forest. Somewhere near Juboo, her home town.
“The mall!” exclaimed Jake, being a little sarcastic. That was a bad thing when you were around Penelope.
“Jake, seriously” asked Penelope? She really wasn’t in the mood for sarcasm...any of the time.
“The park,” sighed Jake. He was trying to be funny again, or was he serious?
“Jacob Jams, if you say one more thing that you think is humorous, I’m going to kick you out of my Chevrolet right now. Matter of faculty, if you suggest something, you’re getting kicked out. Bella, any ideas?”
“Well, if we’ve been on the run for six months, then the cops are obviously looking for us. That means we have to get as far away from Juboo as possible. Then when we get real far away. We come back, the long way. They’ll be looking for us still and hopefully we won’t get caught. They can’t control us when we’re 18, can they?” explained Isabella.
“Well, according to Juboo law, all people 18 years and older have control of any of their possessions and their parents no longer have control over them, so yeah,” explained Penelope.
“So we’re going far away?”
Penelope buckled up. She agreed, “Yes, now buckle up.” She waited 10 seconds before turning the car and the radio on. She pressed the gas pedal and drove through the forest. Isabella and Jake were buckled up. About a half hour later, they were out of the forest.
“Make sure to stay out of the way. The police probably have a description of your car, so they’ll be on the look out,” explained Jake.
“Right, thanks Jake,” thanked Penelope.
The only voice in the car was the radio. Penelope turned off the highway on an exit. She looked at their belongings beside her for two-seconds and then looked back at the road. They needed food. There was a farmer’s market five miles ahead of them. They would park the car somewhere else and walk a short distance to the farmer’s market for food.
A couple minutes later, Penelope parked the car at a parking meter and put Jubos, the Jubian currency, equivalent to five American dollars, of course in this world, America didn’t exist. Isabella and Jake got out of the car and were given hoodies.
“Put those on. We’re walking to the farmer’s market,” exclaimed Penelope. She put on her own hoodie and put the hood up over her head. “The hoodie is our cover. If the cops do spot my car, they won’t know where we went.”
The three of the walked about five minutes and got to the farmer’s market. There were people using magic to literally grow the fruit and vegetables. See, the planet they’re on, Volda, is a planet full of magical place, full of magical people. Penelope was the oddball of the planet. According to history, Penelope Juboo was the only mortal to be born in the last century.
Penelope aid, “Each of you pick five items that you like. Then together we’ll pick three more items, that we all like.”
Penelope departed her friends and head for the fruit. She grabbed a large basket of strawberries. She loved strawberries. Then she went over to the vegetables and grabbed a bag of cucumbers. Everything must come in the bulk here, she thought. Then she went over to the peaches and grabbed a bag. She grabbed some potato chips and moved back to the vegetables. She grabbed some green bell peppers and looked for her friends.
Isabella and Jake got the food they wanted and the three of them regrouped by the watermelons. They decided to get a watermelon, a pack of orange soda, and some pre-prepared chicken salad. They bought the items and walked back to the car. No police were in sight. They hopped in the car and drove towards the mountains.
“The mountains are our best chance. They’ll be looking in the city, who knows, they could be looking for witnesses who saw the owners of my car, us,” explained Penelope.
“Your right,” agreed Jake.
Isabella nodded in agreement. They started snacking on the chips right away. They got a package of six family size bags, so they were good for a while. Penelope turned on the radio. Jake was on the look out for cops. He thought he spotted a police car, but it was just a white car with a security siren on top of it. They got to the mountains and parked the car. Boy, were they tired.
•••••
A few days had passed. It was now May 21, a whole month until the summer solstice. Penelope was awoken by the beeping her phone was making at 12:03 AM. She opened her eyes and looked at her phone. It was beeping because it was the exact minute that Jake was born. Jake was awoken by the same noise. He lifted his head and said, “What was that noise?”
“It’s a birthday. Happy birthday Jake!” exclaimed Penelope.
“Um... Thanks,” said Jake.
Penelope looked at her phone. It was now 12:05 AM. It was four minutes until Isabella would be 17. She grabbed the chip bag and shared some chips with Jake. At 12:09 AM her phone beeped again and Isabella was awoken. Penelope said, “Happy birthday, Isabella.”
“Thank-you,” said Isabella.

It was official. Isabella and Jake we’re 15. They were older than Penelope by only a few months. Penelope sat in her chair and read her book during a very early breakfast. They had watermelon and chips. They seemed to have chips for every meal. They were only on the second bag. Isabella looked at the map and took note that they were 200 miles from Juboo City. They were about 20 miles away from a big shot city called Varilvion City. Isabella disliked the fancy name. She thought, They probably use fancy names. They would probably call me Miss.Bellus and Jake Mr.Bellus. They would either just call Penelope Miss.Juboo or honor her because she’s the descendant of the person who founded Juboo City, more commonly known as Juboo. Isabella wasn’t much into fanciness. She preferred simple over classy and casual over formal. She was just that kind of girl.
“Where are we, Bella?” asked Jake and Penelope at the same time? They glared at each other.
“Um...We’re about 20 miles off of Varvilon City. Why do you ask, Jake-lope?” asked Isabella?
“Oh shut-up Isabella,” replied Penelope and Jake again still glaring at each other. They did that a lot. Saying things at the same time. Isabella thought their minds were built for each other. She was the smart one in their trio.
Penelope put the car in drive and started to drive along. They never met anything peculiar or unusual. The shadow she kept seeing started to appear less frequently. She turned on the radio and Taylor Swift singing Teardrops on my Guitar was just starting. It hadn’t even started to play the lyrics yet. The lyrics started to play after a couple seconds: Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won’t see. That I want, what I’m needing. Everything that we should be. I bet she’s beautiful that girl he talks about, and she’s got everything that I have to live without. Drew talks to me, I laugh because it’s just so funny. That I can’t even see anyone when he’s with me. He says he’s so in love. He’s finally got it right, I wonder if he knows he’s all I think about at night. He’s the reason for the teardrops on my guitar. The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star. He’s the song, in the car, I keep singing don’t know why I do. Drew walks by me. Can he tell that I can’t breath? There he goes, so perfectly. The kind of flawless I wish I could be.... Penelope sang along with the song and when it ended, Jake had enough.
“I love Taylor’s music, but can we seriously listen to something else,” said Jake in more of a demand.
“Fine Mr.Cranky,” replied Penelope. She turned the station and a new song came on. It was Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas. “Better?”
“Much better.”
•••••
Many days had passed since the twin’s birthday. We were in another forest. Penelope saw something and said, “What’s that up there? A fox! Three kittens! Mother cat that’s wounded!” She said every word with more terror. She pressed the break on the car. “Oh my god! We have to save the cats!”
“Your right, bad fox,” replied Jake.
Penelope rolled her eyes at his comment. “Shut up.”
Penelope Isabella and Jake were equipped with sticks. They charged at the fox just as the fox bit the mother in the side. The cat hissed and fell to the forest floor. Penelope’s eyes widened with horror. She loved animals, but hated to see them fighting. She would have to hit the fox with her long stick. She closed her eyes and heard a soft thud. The fox flew one foot then landed on all four paws. It was closer to the kittens and Penelope started to cry. Jake and Isabella saw that. Jake was the first to move. He charged for the kittens and grabbed all three of them. Isabella charged at the fox to scare it away. Penelope ran over to Jake tears coming out of her eyes. She sobbed, “Can you heal the mother?”
“Maybe. No promises. She’s pretty beat up,” replied Jake. He gave the three kittens to Penelope and put his hand over the mother kitten. He had healing powers so he could heal things...most of the time.
Jake tried to heal her wounds with his magic, but nothing would happen and he was just draining his own energy trying. He felt for a pulse, but there was none. Penelope knew what he was going to say. She looked at the kittens and cried looking at the forest floor.
Penelope found a place to bury the cat she hound a big flat rock and with another, smaller, sharper rock she carved: Mother Cat. Death Date-June tenth. She stood up and said, “We’re keeping the kittens. I get the white one. Jake gets the black one and Bella, you get the sandy colored one. We’ll take care of them.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:00 am

Chapter 2= Our First Week
Sunday, June 14.
We’ve decided on names for the new editions to our family. The white kitten, that’s mine, shall me named Snowball. The black one, that is Jake’s kitten, is called Stone. Finally, the sandy colored one that belongs to Isabella will be named Vira. Don’t ask me where she got that name because I don’t know where it’s from. Maybe I’ll ask her, maybe one day. Not today, or this week. Luckily I found some unspoiled milk in the cooler, in the trunk. I give that to the kittens because they’re still on milk.

Don’t ask me how Isabella got the fox to leave I was too busy observing Jake. I want to be a nurse, or even a doctor when I grow up. I’m not that far away from being an adult. The question is, will I ever have the money to go to college. My trust-fund has most-likely been cut off and the Jubos in my back account have been frozen. I wonder if I’ll ever live in a community, not on the run. All I know, is life is hard, especially when you’re on the run.
~Penelope Juboo.

Penelope folded her letter up and put it in the glove compartment, with the others. Snowball was asleep in her lap. Penelope pet the furry little baby kitten. Snowball was a furry cat. She had fluffy, white as snow, fur. She was a small kitten still, since it was only her eighth week of life. Snowball had girly, but beautiful blue eyes. She was most attached to Penelope and Penelope was most attached to her. Penelope leaned back in her chair and tried to get some sleep.

It had been two hours since the letter was finished and Penelope still lay there wide awake. Of course, Snowball was up. Snowball got up and stretched. She walked up the pink shirt Penelope had been wearing for the past week. Snowball rested on Penelope’s chest, right under the chin. Almost instantaneously, they fell asleep for a few hours rest. Penelope never turned or made a movement when Snowball was sleeping on her. They loved each other and Penelope took care of the kitten.

A few hours later everyone woke-up! Snowball was meowing and so were Vira and Stone. Jake opened the cooler and got the milk out. He poured milk into the bowl and put it on the floor in between his feet. He hopped in the front seat next to Penelope and Penelope turned the car on as everyone got their seat belts on. Penelope drove into the city. She asked, “What do we need?”

“Um...we need a place to stay, food, and more milk,” said Jake.

“Ha, ha, ha, Jake,” said Penelope. She pulled into the parking lot of a super market. “Okay, not all of us should go in. Isabella here’s your hoodie. Go in and get some fruit and veggies. Oh and milk.” Penelope handed the hoodie to Isabella and Isabella put it on. She put the hood over her head and went into the super market. Penelope and Jake put their hoodies on and waited. Jake looked around for a while. After about three minutes of watching he let out a huge gasp. He whispered, “Shush! The cops are here.”

“They can’t here you dummy!” explained Penelope. She pulled out of the parking lot and went behind the super market and up to the front where Isabella was waiting. Jake helped her get the bags into the car quickly and they got their seat belts on. Penelope drove out of the parking lot and onto the highway. Penelope heard the high pitched siren about a mile away. She said, “I’m going back into the forest.”

“Good idea!” exclaimed Isabella looking behind her. She could just barely see the flash of the cop car’s lights. Jake looked back. He really wanted them to speed away. Penelope maneuvered one of the cops that were gaining on them. She stepped on the gas pedal.

“Get away from them!” exclaimed Jake.

After about ten minutes they slowed down a little. Penelope had dodged the police–this time. She drove into the forest and went deep into it. Finally when it was about time to feed the cats, Penelope had gotten the to the middle of the forest. Penelope put the car in park and fed the kittens. She poured their milk and set it on the floor of the only vacant seat. She got out a knife and a huge cutting board. She gave those to Jake. Jake had the cutting board on his lap. Penelope put a watermelon on his lap. The girls watched him cut each slice into triangles, with the rhine still on them. He gave everyone four slices and put saran wrap over the water melon. They put the watermelon in the cooler.

Penelope was the first to bite into her watermelon. She loved the fruit. Once she bit into it. She noticed that this watermelon was particularly juicy. Jake bit into it and noticed the same thing. Then Isabella followed them and noticed the juiciness of the watermelon. They ate more and more of the watermelon. Penelope finished her first slice and started her second one. Finally they were all on their fourth piece. Each time they bit into it, they bit into it at the same time, loving the juicy red melon.

Once they all finished, Penelope started their conversation, “Well that was definitely delicious. Did you two enjoy it as much as I did?”

Jake and Isabella nodded in their agreement. They sighed and wondered what to talk about next. Jake said, “Should we talk about politics?”

Both Isabella and Penelope looked crossly at him. Jake was in the passenger seat of the car, so Penelope was the one to slug him. When she did so he rubbed his arm. Penelope had an arm, especially for a petite girl. She remembered doing that to a boyfriend when she was 15. He had said something humorous at a serious time, so she punched him in the arm. She said, “How about we talk about...getting some sleep. I need some.”

“So do I,” said Isabella. Jake nodded in agreement, still rubbing his arm.

They all rested their heads. Their kittens sat on their laps. Penelope fell asleep. The week had almost finished and she was already exhausted. Isabella fell asleep, but Jake’s arm still hurt. He finally got it to stop hurting without using magic. If he used magic now he’d be out for a week. He pet his kitten, Stone. He looked out the window and wondered what life would be like if he ran away. He almost wanted to see his ex-girlfriend. He broke-up with her just before he went to school the day his sister and friend ran away. He looked at Penelope. She was fast asleep. He plugged her phone into the phone charger. He himself fell asleep looking at her sleeping face. That’s what he’d be looking at when he woke-up.

The next morning Jake was the first to wake, even though he had had the least sleep of he three of them. He nudged Penelope while looking at her face. She was cute when she got a good rest. She looked stressed though. She was too tired to wake-up, so Jake shifted her so he could give her a neck massage. She seemed to have enjoyed it when she was asleep. Jake noticed she was stirring and he put her in her original position. He pretended to be asleep, of course he wasn’t asleep.

Penelope had been having a dream. In her dream, she was at a school. An academy. Jake and Isabella were there as well. In her same team. They all had to wear a lime green ribbon, well Penelope’s team had to. In the dream, Isabella, Penelope, and Jake were in Algebra II. They were passing notes and didn’t get caught. The bell rang at the end of class and they went to lunch. They sat with the other newbies at the newbie table. If they were still there next year, the other students would allow them to sit somewhere else at lunch. Most didn’t want newbies sitting with them, but some triplets invited them to their table. Once they were situated they ate lunch. The girl of the triplets said, “Enjoying Runns Academy so far, it’s always useful here, until the cops show up.”

“The cops come here?” asked Penelope.

“Yes, of course. They come every six months to check on us. They think we’re mental or something because most of the people here are either filthy rich or teenagers and kids who ran away from home and their parents were either dead or wanted nothing to do with them or they did a crime of some sort.. You three just stumbled on this school. You three have to pretend to be the rich ones that are better off here. Well, you can run away. You’ll never succeed at that though. You might as well just stay here until you get caught.”

Penelope had awoken from her dream now. She shook her friend up and they had apples and peanut butter for breakfast. It wasn’t much of a healthy breakfast at all, which was what they needed, but at least they had their fruit. After they finished off three apples, they broke out the watermelon and each got two slices. After that was finished they decided they were satisfied. Life was hard when you ran away and Penelope couldn’t stop thing about her dream. She didn’t tell anyone about it, but Isabella knew already. She always knew when someone had a dream and what it is about. See, Isabella has physic powers. She can move things without touching them, to some extent, she can feel and see each others dreams, she can read others minds, she can talk in other peoples minds, and she can do much, much, more. She focused on Penelope and thought, What’s Runns Academy, Penny?

None of your business, nosy, thought Penelope. She didn’t have to focus on Isabella. Her thoughts would go directly into Penelope’s mind. She waited for Isabella to think something, but Isabella turned her focus on Penelope off. She put her focus on another matter. She said, “Where should we go?”

“Through the forest and don’t change the subject like that,” exclaimed Penelope. She glared at her friend and looked away a few seconds later.

“My sister was reading your mind again? Sucks to be you,” said Jake trying to be humorous. He had toned down on his ‘comedy,’ since they ran away. That made the girls a little bit happier.

Penelope wanted to slug Jake again for saying that. She put her fist up and said, “Shut up, Jake.”

They all put their seat belts on and drove onward. They stayed in the forest, but they had to move. The police were probably looking for them. The just drove on and on until the day was over. They ate another watermelon dinner and fell asleep. Penelope had the same dream. That was it. It had been the first week that they had the kittens.
• • • • •
Back to top Go down
. Ʀ . ι . P .

. Ʀ . ι . P .

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:28 pm

wow thats a lot of writing! XD XD this sounds great so far!! I'mma have to read it when i get the time! :D
Back to top Go down
http://chemicalcolors.deviantart.com/
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Nice story so far! I can't wait to read more! :D
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:16 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
. Ʀ . ι . P .

. Ʀ . ι . P .

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:28 am

Np! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://chemicalcolors.deviantart.com/
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 3:49 am

Sorry, I've been kind of busy. I usually write the story before school, in my free time. Well, I didn't wake-up early on Friday, and I had bowling today (Saturday). I'll probably get writing right now and well, tomorrow. Thanks for understanding everyone. I hope you enjoy my story. Well, good-bye for now.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Chapter 3=On The Run.

Thursday, July 14.
It’s been a whole month since I’ve written a word on a piece of paper. I miss writing a lot. Every time I write, I feel like the whole world pours into me. Worlds that don’t even exist. Now I think about an alternate world that everything is normal. No magic, no fairies, and no anything that makes me weird in my real world. Although, I don’t know this world, it seems awfully familiar.
¶ I think us friends are softening up on each other. Our fights are reducing. We’re sharing more. Everything in our lives is getting better. I don’t know why, but I feel like something is going to go wrong. I don’t know right. I’ve always been able to sense trouble, it wasn’t much. It was just a feeling. Even though it was something, I was always teased about it. Jake and Bella were teased about being my friends. I’m glad they could stand the teasing.
~Penelope Juboo.
¶ Penelope woke up with her most recent letter in hand. She put it in a folder with the others and put the folder in her backpack. She closed her backpack just as Bella woke-up. Bella looked at her suspiciously. Oh course, hiding her letters, Penelope just smiled. Bella woke-up Jake with a nudge. They had bread and orange juice. The kittens were fed and they sat in the back. Penelope and her friends buckled their seat belts. Penelope put the key in ignition. The car wouldn’t turn on. Penelope tried again. Nothing. She tried a few more times. She got out and slammed the car shut.
¶ “The car had at least five gallons of gas left before we parked here last night. UGH!” exclaimed Penelope. She hit the car door frustrated.
¶ Jake and Isabella got out. They rubbed her shoulders trying to comfort her. Jake popped the hood and discovered the problem. He burst out, “Something’s missing!”
¶ “Since when do you know cars?” asked Isabella. She looked at him wanting a answer, knowing she wouldn’t be satisfied.
¶ “Well, I don’t know what’s missing, I just know something’s missing,” replied Jake, slamming the hood shut. He leaned against the car, frustrated with Penelope.
¶ There was a long silence and finally Penelope decided to break it. She said, “We have to go on foot. We have to hurry. I’ve been seeing this shadow and when I looked back, it was never there.”
¶ “And you never told us?” asked Isabella. It was more of a command or demand. She opened her door and got the cooler. The cooler had all the food inside it. She took it out and put it on the forest floor. She grabbed the backpacks and gave everyone their own.
¶ “Well, I didn’t want to scare you guys,” explained Penelope. She sighed and got the kittens. She put them in a box that she would carry.

¶ “That’s kinda sweet. I can’t believe I just said that. I meant it’s thoughtful,” said Jake. He looked uncomfortable. He grabbed the tent, along with the sleeping bags and other camping stuff. He shut the car door and they all started walking in the direction they would’ve drove.
¶ “Okay, that’s a side of Jake I’ve never seen. Okay, we should stay somewhat quiet, just in case we meet whatever is stalking us,” explained Penelope.
¶ They started walking a little bit faster. They stopped in a clearing to have lunch around 12:45 PM. They had watermelon and Penelope made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They were delicious. They finished lunch and put the fire out. They continued to walk in the same direction as they had been going.
¶ It was starting to get dark. Only a few hours before had the car been acknowledged as broken down. Jake was leading their trio. They could barely see each other. They could see the moon far ahead. Jake thought he saw something in the shadow of the moons light. It looked more like a few somethings, rather that one something. He stopped in his tracks. He breathed, “Um...Can we go around that..clearing?”
¶ Isabella and Penelope saw the shadow and stopped in their tracks. They nodded and started to walk east from their current position. They ran as fast as they could with their possessions. After ten minutes, that was about one mile worth of running, they started running the way they wanted to go in the first place. They went straight, not towards the clearing. They passed the clearing and kept running in the same direction. It was 10:00 PM when they finally decided to stop for the night. Penelope stopped in her tracks and said, “Here. This is good for the night, well not exactly. Let’s make out camp right over there.” She pointed over to some low branches of trees. There was enough room for their tent. Isabella looked for some firewood, while Penelope and Jake set up the tent.
¶ Penelope and Jake reached for a stake at the same exact time. They pulled away fast after their fingers touched for barely a second. They smiled weakly at each other. Penelope got a different stake and used her hammer to set one corner of the tent in place. Jake used the one they both wanted for the last corner. He put all three sleeping bags in the tent. Isabella made a fire and they ate watermelon, bread, and s’mores. They ate them gratefully. They took a bite of each thing they had and put it into the fire. Something they hadn’t done in a while because they weren’t grateful until a couple days ago.

¶ Isabella burned the fire out and they all went into their sleeping bags for some rest. Penelope fell asleep instantly. Isabella and Jake soon fell asleep. Penelope had yet another dream. This one was just feelings and shadows. She breathed heavily throughout her dream.
¶ Penelope was asleep. She was sleeping contently. Something, she had no idea what, was standing over her. It was...it was...it was the shadow they had all seen earlier that day. She noticed that the setting was in the tent. She could feel s’mores in her body. Penelope stirred, just enough to hear a voice, or voices.
¶ “She’s stiring,” one voice said. The voice had an accent, like it wasn’t from this time. At the same time it was in a cold tone. It was something evil, something she feared.
¶ “Duh. Let’s goi. We know what she’s been writing about. We won’t steal them until we can make sure she knows who we are and what we will do. She’ll be distraoght when we kidnap her friends,” replied a second voice in an even hasher tone. This voice had an accent as well. Two parts of the shadow nodded. They suddenly disappeared.
¶ Penelope sat up bolt right in her bed. Isabella and Jake were still asleep. She didn’t have to tell them about her dream just yet. She remembered everything about her dream. The first voice with an accent. The second voice with an accent. Lastly, the nodding looked evil. She laid back down and went back to sleep. Getting four good hours of dreamless sleep, or in this case, sleep without nightmares.
¶ Jake woke-up Penelope and Isabella. They had breakfast, the same as the day before. They packed up of course and started walking the way they had the previous day. They were tired and grouchy from the previous day. Today Isabella was the one leading the group, well it’s not really a group. The three are just a trio whom ran away from home together. They started to run as fast as they could. With their luck, the shadow or shadows was somewhere near them. It was most likely stalking them.
¶ At 30 minutes until noon, Penelope, Jake, and Isabella sat down for a break. They had the last of their watermelon. Penelope looked around. She was aware of everything. She finished and waited for her friends to finish as he packed up. Once everyone was finished they made their way.

~~This one is probably shorter than the others. Sorry, I kind of covered that the car broke down and they had to go on foot. We're starting to get into the action. You're just about to find out what the shadow or shadows is. I hope you still like it. Also, I've added the paragraph symbol to indicate the start of a new paragraph. I hope that make it easier to read, I'll start doing that from now on unless I get a lot of complaints. Sorry for the long wait! Thank-you for your patience.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:40 am

Chapter 4= One Down, Three to Go!
Sunday, August 14.
¶ I had the strangest dream a few days ago. There were these shadows and two of them were talking. There are either two or three of these shadows. It’s scaring me more than ever, I’ve never had a dream about them before. Every night I wonder, Is this the day they take me? Oh course it never happens. You know what that means? It means that I’m finally getting luckier. Yay, for me. I always feel like they’re watching my every move. I stay close to Jake all the time, well Jake and Isabella. It’s just I feel safer around Jake.
¶ I rarely have any dreams unlike when I was younger. I had one dream at least every other week. Now I’m lucky, and I use the term loosely, if I have a dream every month. Well, I’m glad it’s like that. You see, my dreams are always about something bad that is going to happen. There was this one dream when I was like four. That was the dream of when I met Jake and Isabella. I believe that every other dream has been warning or bad.
~Penelope Juboo

¶ Penelope stayed there awake in the middle of the night. She had just hidden her monthly letter not five minutes ago. She was tired and well irritated about having to travel on foot. She never knew what would happen to her in the night, never knew what would happen the next day. Only this month was she about to find out what something said to be unbearably painful really feels like. She never wanted it to happen, who doesn’t.
¶ Jake woke up with a headache around one o’clock a.m. He noticed that Penelope was awake. She must be having insomnia. He nudged her and looked into her eyes. She looked solemn. He whispered, “What’s wrong?”
¶ Penelope started talking, but was cut off, “I don’t want to scare Isabella or anything, but I had another dream and–”
¶ Jake sighed as he said, “She’s going to find out, Penel. You know all about her psychic powers.”
¶ “Penel?”
¶ “It’s a nickname I just thought up for you. Just now. Don’t make fun of it, please don’t. I know you will. Everyone makes fun of the nicknames I give people–”
¶ “No, don’t say that. I think it’s really cute. It’s a cool nickname. It isn’t a common one.”
¶ “Um...Thank-you.”
¶ “No problem, Jake. Don’t get to used to me complimenting you. It won’t happen often.”
¶ Jake smirked at her words. He knew she was being sarcastic. He laughed a little. Penelope laughed with him. She sighed and looked outside the tent. She had almost forgotten that they were no longer in the car. She humiliated herself when she reached for the car door handle to her left. She blushed in the dark. Somehow Jake must have seen her do so because he laughed quietly as he unzipped the tent for her. Surprisingly their conversation had taken quite awhile because Penelope observed that the moon was starting to set, which also meant that the sun was starting to rise. She closed the tent and smiled in the dark. They decided to wake Isabella up so they could get an early start. Jake told them, “Every second we don’t travel, the shadow gets one-second closer to us.”
¶ Penelope nodded in agreement. Isabella was grumpy from being awoken at 4:00 a.m. They ate chips for breakfast because that was almost all they had left. They were saving the bread for lunch. Penelope would be making sandwiches again. They disliked how they never really got a variety of food, but they were always on the run. Once they finished breakfast, they got everything out of the tent and took the tent down, something they did every morning. Once they were all packed up they started to move. Penelope felt queasy that day, like something bad was about to happen. She kept hearing fast movements in the trees. Today she was leading the way. They were getting hungry when they got to a clearing. They were about to get the food out when the shadows came out of the forest.
¶ Penelope realized what they were then-and-there. Vampires. She could barely breathe the word, “Vampires?”
¶ “Oh, yes. We sure are vempires. We’ve been watching you three very closely and now we have you trapped,” said The lead vampire. He was standing in the back because he was taller than the others, but it was obvious he was their leader. He looked older and more skilled. After all these years, he still had his accent from nearly 2,000 years ago. Penelope remembered his voice. He was the second want to talk.
¶ “D-Don’t hurt us,” stuttered Penelope. She was shaking with fear. It was exactly what the vampires wanted. Somehow she knew the leaders name, “Don’t hurt us Harold Fishlath.”
¶ “You remember my name from when I came into your mind four years ago. I’m surprised you remembered that far back,” replied Harold stepping closer to them with his fellow vampires. The shortest one, the one in front of the leader stepped out of the way as Harold took another step closer to them. Penelope, Jake, and Isabella stepped back in fear.
¶ Isabella caught her eye on a fallen tree. She focused on her own psychic powers and the tree. It wouldn’t budge because there was too much fear in her. She looked back at the vampires and read there thoughts. She said, “The short one’s Vic Calave. The one on the left of the leader, but behind him all the same is Ulysis Stalag and the last one is Terr Krane. They want to kill us so they can have full access to what they’ve been stalking us–”
¶ “Don’t think anything you retwards! She’s got psychic powers you blithering fools!” snapped Harold. Vic got angry as he was called short and he stared at Isabella with great distaste. Isabella swallowed her fear and thought of the tree again. Harold taped Vic’s shoulder and made a gun with his fingers. It wasn’t an actual gun, he just bent three fingers, pointed his pointer finger straight at Isabella, and his thumb was pointed up. None of the vampires seemed to notice the other two teenagers looking for something to use as a weapon. Penelope grabbed a bit tree branch and had her pepper spray attached to her belt. She walked over to Isabella. Meanwhile Jake grabbed an even bigger branch and some thick rope that was in his backpack. He took six steps towards Isabella.
¶ Vic was about to strike Isabella when she lost concentration of the tree and stepped back three feet just as Penelope swung the tree branch like a club and whacked Vic in the head. He stepped back a few feet and turned towards Penelope instead. Something happened and he turned back to Isabella, like he was ordered not to attack Penelope. Penelope was ready to attack him once again, but Jake’s rope slamming into Vic’s stomach, making him stumble all the way back to his fellow vampires stopped her. She stared at him. He must really have an arm, she thought.
¶ The two almost identical vampires strode casually towards Jake, distracting him. Vic was kicked off his feet by Harold. He trained them brutally. He may cause have caused them physical pain in the past if they messed up. Vic strode towards Isabella and Harold slowly strode up to Penelope. She backed up against a tree. His face was three inches away from hers. She could smell blood on his breath. He opened his mouth revealing fangs. Penelope grabbed her pepper spray and quickly sprayed his eyes. His vision was burned only enough for her to get away. Penelope’s mistake was looking back because when she did he gave her a scratch from her eyebrow to the corner of her mouth. The only thing that kept her from screaming out in pain was a surprise. New vampires appeared out of the woods. These unlike the first vampires who were dressed in black, were dressed in red. Penelope ran from Harold, who was obviously surprised as well. Penelope thought, Great! Now I have to defend myself against eight vampires!
¶ Right when Penelope thought she would have to fight against eight vampires, the ones whom she knew the names of and the new coming vampires were fighting each other. This was good. They had vampires on their side. Penelope smiled. She sneaked up on one of her enemies and thwacked them with a branch. It was one of the identical looking ones, she forgot which one. He staggered into the perfect position–to be killed. The leader of the vampire gang dressed in red lighted a couple matches and put one up to the staggering vampires mouth. At the same time she put the other one to his neck. The predator and the prey, lit up together would kill any vampire, but they had to be lit up at the precisely the same time, which was tricky when one was dealing with vampires. Penelope watched in shock as the vampire slowly, but obviously painfully as he was screaming painfully shriveled to a pale, pile of dust.
¶ The leader that just killed her enemy vampire quickly turned to the leader, whom was scowling at her. He didn’t seem to notice her walk right up to him and lift him up. Harold was thrashing, trying to get out of the grip in the air. He jumped back and they had their attention on each other. They clawed at each other and tackled each other. Penelope watched. She suddenly closed her eyes and concentrated behind her. She waited one-second. She simply turned around and whacked the other identical vampire with a stick. One of the red-dressed vampires came over and burned the predator and the prey. Penelope and the vampire nodded. Penelope turned around when the vampire said, “You’re really good with your senses...and that tree branch.”
¶ “Thanks,” said Penelope. She turned around, but the vampire was already attacking a third vampire. Penelope decided to grab a second branch and she started to engage an attack with Vic, currently known as the short one. It was not easy since she was pure human and he was immortal. She thwacked him a lot.
¶ Harold looked worn out and scratched up. He whistled and was already making a break for it. Vic quickly followed him without another attack done to Penelope. The leader of the vampires fighting with Penelope and her friends commanded, “Bitzky, Kinkstie, follow them and track them down. If you lose them in two hours come back! Go!”
¶ The two shorter girls in this back ran with expert speed. The leader turned towards Jake, “Let’s sit on these rocks and talk.” She motioned for Jake and his friends to sit on chair sized rocks. They did and she and the last vampire there followed them. The leader had an unpleasant look on her face. She said, “You’re lucky I found you so fast. I mean we. I am Cynthia Badicraey, leader of the red Hunters. We’re vampires as you can see. This is my sister Hazel Badicraey. The two I sent off to chase the other vampires are Eleanor Bitzky and Gladys Kinkstie. We’re the only good vampires left. We live to protect others from the bad vampires and kill them. As you may have observed, both races are dying down. This is happening because we must follow tradition, but tradition will be the vampires downfall–”
¶ It was obvious she wanted to say more, but Isabella loved asking questions, “I have two questions.” She paused for a second and continued, “One; How did you find us? Two; How will tradition be your downfa–”
¶ Penelope in interrupted this time, “Don’t interrupt the vampires, they have a much higher class. The only people above them are the fairies.” A small drown came onto Cynthia’s face, but Penelope didn’t notice, “It’s very obvious that tradition will eventually kill whichever race destroys the other first because they must feed on each other. Human blood,” Cynthia made a disgusted face, but Penelope continued, “Human blood can help them survive longer, but it won’t keep them alive. They need each others blood.”
¶ “I hate human blood. Us red’s our against drinking it. It’s the way of our tradition. Of course you saw the black’s. They drink whatever blood they can get their hands on. Also, we could breed off each other, but the red’s and the black’s despise each other. If it happened it would make another race. A race so destructive it would want to both kill and save everything in its path. We found you because we have excellent hunting skills. We also are very good at healing,” said Cynthia. She made it a speech. Hazel was looking through some files as Cynthia was talking. Her eyes widened when she saw something. She read through it carefully and stood up.
¶ “Permission to speak, sister?” asked Hazel. Cynthia nodded so Hazel continued, “It looks like we do have a race that’s very dangerous. There’s four in that race, but here’s the catch. They have two girls and two boys in their race. None of them are related to any vampire today. Unlike us and the black’s, this race can breed with the other races, since they came from both. We could make more, but the black’s might discover this as well. We’ll have to act fast if we do so.”
¶ “Great, just great,” replied Cynthia in a rather hasty tone. She hadn’t realized how much time had passed. The two short vampires, Gladys and Eleanor came back and gave their own reports. It seemed that the two had disappeared somewhere off into the forest. Cynthia grew mad, but barely show it. It was only given away by her grit teeth, “I’m sorry, but we must depart. We have hunting to do. Wait a second. Hazel this could be an opportunity to keep our race alive, despite the fact that the black’s would be alive as well. Perhaps we can work together.”
¶ The vampires all nodded in agreement. They bid their farewell to the teenagers and ran off towards the West, in search of this third race of vampires. Penelope, Jake, and Isabella sat there in silence. They all sighed at the same time and let out a soft, halfhearted chuckle. They got lunch ready and ate their food. Finally they packed up and they went in the direction between the black clothed vampires and the red clothed ones. Again Penelope led the way.

~~This chapter is long because there's a lot of action. I have already started chapter five. I hope you like what my story turns out to be. I'm planning on making it at least 20 chapters. Besides I haven't written a lot of pages. Okay, thanks once again and please vote AND post your input. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
~Jessica.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Runaways: Starting Out   The Runaways: Starting Out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Runaways: Starting Out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Fan Fiction :: Stories-
Jump to: