Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] Empty
PostSubject: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:10 am

Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] Posting_Image_11

Aphrodite De LaMarco, Daughter of Hemera And Popular Mean Girl

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

The forest wasn't scary. It wasn't weird. It didn't hold anything that would scare me on the sun.
I was only thankful that it wasn't night time. That there weren't shadows concealing god knows what.
I shivered involuntary then, and kept on walking, forgetting about the shadows and darkness.
My hair was falling around my face, loose and freshly washed. I had on a beautiful jumper, with little flecks of silver sewed onto the black fabric. My tights were woolen, black and white, with patterns of reindeer's and other things. Over them was a plain black skirt, falling to about an inch over my knees. I had a scarf, a marbled mixture of black and white, looking almost grey on some parts. My gloves were finger-less, covering up to my elbows. Then there was the boots, the pretty boots which I had bough only a while before Winter, black leather with faux fur. They were made for the snow, so they were perfect.
It wasn't like I had wanted to come into the Forest. I'd been bored, and nowhere else appealed for some reason today. Plus, I'd been told about a path that led to a bonfire.
If I got to the bonfire, I could wait until Midnight with light instead of darkness.
I stopped then. Just stopped, in the middle of a worn path surounded by tall trees.
So if I was going to wait until Midnight with a massive tower of fire lighting up around... how was I going to get back? Moreover, how the hell was I gonna walk through the forest in pitch black when I couldn't even look under my bed in daytime?
'Well, at least we know your smart,' I muttered to myself, turning around.
I'd just go back. Go straight on back to Camp, and not go to the stupid bonfire.
Then I looked around for the first time.
Where... was the Camp?
Because for the first time since coming out here I realized I hadn't bothered to pay attention. And I hadn't bothered remembering what way I was supposed to go to get home.
Oops.
Except "Oops" didn't cover it in this scenario.

:/:/OOC: Click the bottom musical notes for the outfit :)

Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:05 am

Raziel leaned against the rough bark, her legs tightly gripping the branch she was on to keep from falling off. She dug her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket, keeping them safe from the winter air. Being a daughter of Hyperion, she wasn't particularly inclined to the cold, forcing her to wear clothes that completely covered her up. Raziel had ditched her shorts and Vans for a pair of warm tights and knee-length boots. It had made climbing the tree a little bit harder but nonetheless she managed it, grumbling about how she couldn't stay at the Hera cabin because a group of kids were being too loud and woke her up. Now she was up in one of her favorite trees in the forest, chilling among the leafless branches to blow off some steam. And maybe even take another nap while she was at it.

No sooner had she begun to doze off when her ears picked up the faint sound of footsteps nearby. Curiously, she let her head dip slightly to the side. Some blonde girl was taking a stroll below and if she had to guess, Raziel was prepared to bet that the girl was lost. Great. She should probably help her find her way, but to tell the truth, the demititan was not in the most helpful of moods at the moment. Actually, the fact that she had been disturbed just when she was about to get a good dose of sleep didn't bode well with her, and Raz was this close to throwing fire balls at the person just to scare her away. But wait, she could be more creative than that, right?

Smirking to herself, Raziel broke off one of the smaller branches a foot above her and took aim. The branch flew across the air but instead of hitting the girl, it flew in a high arc above her and poked a German shepherd-sized scorpion in the eye. Another branch followed, but this time, the scorpion swatted it away with its poison-tipped tail. Enraged, the monster clicked its pincers and looked around for the source of the branches, only to catch sight of the innocent blonde girl. Smirking, Raziel watched as it tensed up and charged at her, just like she had planned.

Well, she thought, feeling the drowsiness fade away to give room for excitement, nothing better than live entertainment.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 11:28 am

Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] Posting_Image_11

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Lost. Alone. One pf the worst combinations known to mankind.
Then there was the fact that a giant scorpian set its sights on me.
I blinked once, and then twice. Had I done something?
Certainly, I did provoke things... but I hadn't provoked the scorpian, had I? No. I'd just been walking... lost. So unless the scorpian had a thing against people who were lost walking, then I hadn't done anything for once.
When it started charge at me though, that was when I started to worry.
'Oh Fudge,' I said, ducking to the side before I hit me.
Quickly, I fumbled along the neck of my jumper, my fingers shaking as they made contact with the cold metal of the sun pendant tied around my neck. Almost instantly I was holding a sword, trying to hold the blade steady.
On its next charge, I swung the blade, and caught one of its pincers. It chopped clean off, but that only annoyed the scorpian more.
I cursed softly and ducked on its next charge, but I wouldn't keep this up.

:/:/OOC: LOL I didn't know what to say ROFL

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Raziel raised her eyebrows, impressed, as one of the scorpion's pincers fell to the snow-covered ground. The girl was an able swordfighter, no doubt about that. Well, it had to take some sort of skill to cut off a pincer in just a short amount of time, right? Still, it didn't quite provide the show Raz wanted, and because of that, she took another two branches and chucked them at another scorpion she spied snoozing nearby.

The over-sized arachnid didn't take well to having its nap cut short. Emitting a furious screech, it launched itself at the first moving objects it had seen - the blonde girl barely holding her own against its friend.

Raziel allowed a small smirk to form on her lips. Lesson learned: never ever wake a monster up. And know what? Raz was a monster.

ooc: i feel so evil lol. hope you don't mind ;)
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:26 am

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

I thought I was doing great with one scorpian. I hadn't died at least, which was one of them upsides.
Then, there was a second one.
Crap.
Looking around, I was starting to think someone was messing with me. And by someone, I meant one of the Gods, who enjoyed watching people being attacked by giant scorpians.
I wasn't able to see anyone though, and that was what bugged me.
As the two scorpians charged me, I did the thing I did best.
Evaded a full out fight.
I dove to one side, but instead of making it like the last two times, I was caught by the newer scorpian and thrown off course.
Tumbling, I went head over heels once, twice, before coming to a quick stop in a massive heap.
I muttered some more curses under my breath, and tried to stand, instead falling over my twisted feet and tumbling down again.
I was pretty much dead meat now.

:/:/OOC: You should feel evil :D Well done Saph. You managed to make the calm, collected Aphrodite tumble over XDD

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 6:17 am

Whoopsie, Raziel thought, recoiling a little as the blonde girl took a tumble. It looked like she overestimated her abilities. The scorpions advanced menacingly towards the girl, clicking their pincers angrily. If she wasn't going to do anything soon, the demigod was going to end up as scorpion lunch.

Heaving a sigh, Raziel quickly snapped on her bracelet and necklace. The familiar black-and-gold bow appeared on her hands at the same time the arrow-filled quiver did around her body. Leaning forward slightly, she notched an arrow but not before igniting the celestial bronze tip with a little bit of fire. While this would've been impossible without gasoline, Raz had focused enough of her energy to keep the tip and only the tip aflame. Before she could lose control of the flames, Raziel fired at the juncture that connected the scorpion's claw to its body. As the arrow found its mark, two more arrows hit the other's remaining pincers. Before the scorpions could realize what hit them, Raziel took a deep breath and focused. Burn.

The two scorpions burst into flame, turning into columns of red-hot fire. The warmth was enough to melt off the surrounding snow within a meter-radius from the flames and it was hot enough that Raziel, from a few feet above, could feel her skin tingle at the sudden rise in temperature. But that little stunt didn't leave her unharmed. Raziel had to double her grip on the branch to avoid falling as she felt a considerable drop in her energy levels. With her breaths coming in quick gasps, she looked down at the fire that was now losing power due to the lack of things it could consume. She supposed it was lucky that the trees weren't near enough to catch fire. Should the flames grow into a massive forest fire, Raziel would've been powerless to stop it.

Still in the process of regaining her composure, Raziel smirked as she flipped her dip dyed brown hair out of her eyes. She glanced at the blackened monster remains still ablaze before turning to the blonde girl. "You're welcome!" she shouted smugly, albeit a little hoarsely.

Last edited by Sapphire on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 6:49 am

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Scrambling back, the first thing that went through my mind when the arrows hit the scorpions was "Thank the Gods".
My second was "Wait, flaming arrows?".
Then there was that shocked numbing of my mind when the scorpions burst into towers of fire, and the heat blasted me. As the daughter of Hemera, I was able to withstand high temperatures, but I could tell how hot this was by the warmth that spread all around, and the fact of the snow melting.
I blinked once, twice, three times, taking in the scene before me.
I'd been about to die a horrible death by being eaten by giant scorpions, when arrows had sprouted in the chinks of their natural Armour.
So who had fired the arrows?
My answer came in the form of a girl with dip dyed brown hair, sitting on a large branch above the small clearing.
"You're welcome!" she shouted, with a slight bit of hoarseness tinting her voice.
I raised my eyebrows, managing to stand up.
My sword had fallen in the tumble, but it was only a little bit away, so I left it for the time being.
'Your welcome? Seriously? Your welcome?! I think that its the least someone could do when someone is about to get eaten by Giant Scorpions. And there is no way you got up there in the space of around five minutes, so were you just sitting there, watching me about to die?'
My voice had the usual level of sarcasm, and I crossed my arms over my chest, giving her the dirtiest look I could muster after such a shock.
Which, as it turns out, was pretty dirty.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:02 am

Raziel cocked an eyebrow at the blonde girl. Her smirk only widened at the remark. She found it amusing how the girl threw her a dirty look when she had just saved her life, but considering all the dirty looks she had received in her lifetime, Raziel was pretty much used to it. Still, for someone who had nearly been eaten by giant scorpions, the girl had some spunk to be sassing her like that. After all, it was thanks to her that she didn't have to die a grueling death... even if it was also thanks to her that she had been put into that kind of situation in the first place. Raziel opted not to mention that last part.

"Well I didn't let you die, did I?" she shot back, panting a little as her bow and quiver returned to their original forms. "Or would you rather have been eaten? You could've just said so. Would've saved me the effort to set the things on fire in the first place."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:19 am

Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] Posting_Image_2

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

I snorted at that, and shook my head.
'Em, excuse me, but you did sit there and watch. Looks to me you probably would have let me die if I hadn't taken a tumble. What were you doing, waiting to see what happened?'
Then I laughed coldly, walking to where my sword lay and picking it up. Tapping the hilt, I was soon holding my sun pendant again, and as I tied it back around my neck, I turned towards her again.
'I didn't need you to jump in anyways. I would have killed them if you'd left me for a few more minutes. But no, miss fashion disaster, you had to jump in trying to be noble or whatev's.'
Little rant going on there, huh Aphrodite.
'And effort? Please. Your the one that jumped in. I didn't cost you anything.'
Rant over, apparently.
Then I started to walk away, off down a path.
But wait. The reason I was here in the first place was because I was lost.
Crap.
Stopping quickly, I turned around and faced her again.
'Do you know the way back to camp?' I said, swallowing my pride.
I winced, rolling my eyes, trying to convey a total lack of caring either way.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:44 am

Whoa, someone had some big pride issues. Raziel narrowed her eyes. The way she talked and acted... well, she reminded her of someone, someone who she wished would go to the Underworld and rot there for all eternity. "Well I'm so sorry, Blondie. What were you gonna do? Sass them to death?" she sneered. So much for entertainment. The girl was giving her a headache instead. She should've just left her to her own devices. Why did she have to soften up at the last minute?

But then, Raziel remembered that the girl was lost. And she was her only ticket out of the forest. That brought the smirk back in her face.

"Aww, is Blondie lost?" she said as if speaking to a baby. Then she laughed, shaking her head as she leaned her back against the trunk. How glorious it felt to dangle the thing the girl wanted the most above her head without giving her any means to reach it. It gave Raz a bit of satisfaction to watch the girl pretend like she didn't care. "Y'know what's a bad idea? Antagonizing the only person who could get you out of here," she added with relish, snickering. She looked off to the distance and laughed harder. "Oh, looks like there are plenty more scorpions all around! Good luck with that, sweetheart."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:46 am

Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] Posting_Image_2

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

It took a count down from ten and some deep breaths to keep myself from killing the girl then and there.
Then I set my face into a cold smile, pretending that blondie didn't bother me when I answered.
'For your information, I was just about to kill the one who had lost its pincer. You obviously don't have a brain, cause anyone else would have seen that.'
'And I don't appreciate being called "Blondie". My name's Aphrodite, so deal with it, or move on,' I added a little pout with that, trying to be my usual self.
But uh oh. She was pretty much my only ticket out of here. But that didn't mean she wasn't gonna annoy me enough that I'd snap.
How big could the forest be? I could find my own way out, right?
Wrong.
'Look. Tell me the way out, and then we never have to see or talk to each other again. Its a win win situation, because you won't have to be intimidated, and I won't have to put up with you terrible sense of humor.'
It was a pretty good idea.
It took my mind a few seconds to catch up with my mouth though, and I realized I'd probably just stamped and sent my ticket to freedom to Antarctica.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 9:03 am

Raziel let out a cold laugh. Blondie was seriously starting to get on her nerves, just like how she was getting on hers. Someone had to put this girl in her place. Before she could even realize it, Raz was already volunteering for the job. Blondie had better have some sense of direction because she wasn't getting any from the demititan right here.

"So you were going to kill the one that lost its pincer... and let the other gobble you up in the process? Awesome plan right there. Just what I'd expect from someone who had one less brain than me," she said airily, ignoring Blondie's pathetic attempt at a compromise. Intimidated, her ass. If Blondie just knew what kind of person she was talking to...

Peering through her lashes, Raziel considered the other girl thoughtfully. Aphrodite, huh? Uh, no, Blondie sounded so much better. "Your name's Aphrodite? Seriously, Blondie?" She snorted, a sly smile flickering across her face. Though she had the looks, Raz wouldn't give her the satisfaction of admitting that out loud. The girl already had an ego bigger than the nation and the daughter of Hyperion had already deemed it her job to deflate it. "Whoever gave you that name must have been pretty blind."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 9:17 am

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

I had been told before that I looked seriously unattractive when I snorted. But that didn't stop the noise, and the laughter that followed.
'It would have been an amazing plan if you had actually bothered your ass to help before I was almost mauled by the second one. Or even if you'd opened your gob to even warn me about the stupid, ugly, horrible scorpion.'
I tried to keep a straight face, only succeeding when I remembered my awkward little predicament.
I wasn't gonna let the girl in on the fact that Aphrodite wasn't my real name. Instead, I took a deep breath, getting rid of the rest of the laughter, and smiled knowingly.
I wasn't gonna lie when I said that I was good looking. Why say your something your not? But I also knew that I held deep value in my looks, and I didn't like people saying anything about them that wasn't a compliment.
'Have you looked in the mirror lately? I mean, the face... and the hair,' I shuddered.
Over the years I'd become good at that particular insult.
'I mean, don't get me wrong or anything, if people go in for trailer trash these days, then you'd be a shoe in...'
I let it lie there, happy with my efforts.
This girl was starting to piss me off. Which meant that I was not playing fair anymore.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:58 am

Although Raziel rarely lost confidence when it comes to the way she looked, Blondie's jibe made her self-consciously flick her light-colored locks to the side. She was bristling, not only because the girl was so full of herself, but also because she bore a striking resemblance to the girl topping her Most Hated a.k.a. go-rot-in-hell list. And the last time that person made her snap ended up with said person and a washroom on fire.

Her eyebrow twitched as she spoke with a carefully controlled voice. "Excuse me? Tch, never mind. At least I'm not a generic brainless Barbie." Raziel scoffed, resisting the urge to shoot an arrow at Blondie to shut her up. "Besides, that still doesn't change the fact that if I hadn't stepped in the time I did, well, you'd be missing a couple of limbs and body parts by now. Learn to be grateful, dumbass."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 2:52 pm

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

I suppressed a satisfied smile at her flick of her hair, happy that my little remark had hit home. Maybe Blondie was winning at something.
Then I flared, angry again.
'A "Generic brainless Barbie"? Okay, now some of that has got to have been an insult. Running out of words to taunt me with? Cause you know what they say...' then I continued in a sing song voice, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me.'
If I hadn't started to annoy her already, which was doubtful, that was probably about to put the icing on the cake... so to speak.
The whole thing seemed to be becoming a war of words, each of us throwing some insult bombs, shooting our taunting bullets, landing a hit every so often. But so far it seemed to be pretty even terms, and I hated to lose.
'And we've been over this, Miss Attention Span. I had a plan. If anything, you'd be squashed on the ground from disbelief, because I was so gonna kill them scorpions. And I am never grateful for something that I could have done.'
But I did have to admit, she'd saved my life.
'But whatever. If it makes you feel better, then "Thanks". Just don't expect to hear it again...'
I added a silent little "Because hopefully after this I will never have to see you again, let alone hear you."

:/:/OOC: I didn't really know what the hell to do XDD So I basically made her as obnoxious as possible lol

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 12:59 am

Raziel bit the inside of her cheek as her eyes narrowed even more. The forced 'thanks' only raised her hackles to the highest point. What a pain in the neck. "Keep your half-assed thank you's to yourself and save it for someone who actually gives a damn." Not feeling very creative anymore, Raz wished that she was just sound asleep and all of this hadn't happened. Why did Blondie have to end up in this part of the forest again? How much longer was it going to be until she left?

"Anyway, you just gave me an interesting idea."

Raziel reached for something - another branch, maybe - when her hand only managed to grope the air behind her. "Well, looks like I'm out of sticks," she remarked, not sounding too bothered about it. "I'll just have to settle with stones now. But that's too boring. Let's spice it up a bit, shall we?"

No sooner had she held up her open palm when it flared up - literally. The fire almost seemed to cackle merrily as it consumed the air, growing into roughly the size of a baseball in flames. "Hope you're good at dodgeball, Blondie," Raziel called, smirking, before flinging the fireball at the annoying blonde - hard.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:18 am

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

This was just getting a little too easy. Half assed thank yous? Wow. Even when I attempted to be nice to her, she was insufferable.
I watched her suspiciously, not entirely sure what her game was. She reached behind her - most likely for a stick - but she found only air.
"Well, looks like I'm out of sticks. I'll just have to settle with stones now. But that's too boring. Let's spice it up a bit, shall we?"
Then my suspicious look turned to disbelief as the fireball formed in her hand.
'Ah crap,' I muttered, no longer unsure what was about to happen.
I didn't even hear her words as the fireball flew at me and I tried to dodge.
It hit my side though, and I yelped, looking at the fabric curling and burning.
'Good job I'm a lot more resistant than I look...' I managed to say, a little too shocked.
There was a burn, shiny and red, around the size of the ball. But it didn't hurt, because the heat wasn't much higher than the heat that I could withstand. However, the fabric of my jumper was ruined.
'That was a Winter Kate Sequin Jumper!' I practically screamed, standing from the mossy ground.
She seriously just did that. Gods, did she know how much things like this cost? Obviously not... I thought, staring at her, daring her to ruin another part of my jumper.
If she threw another one, I'd have no choice but to start playing dirty.

:/:/OOC: I lost my muse okay. My muse is on holiday. In Australia.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 10:04 am

There was a wicked glint in Raziel's eyes the moment the fireball hit, but a frown just as quickly replaced her triumphant grin. Wasn't that supposed to hurt a lot more than that? Blondie looked rather unfazed, save for her jumper. Was she a Hephaestus kid? It didn't look that way. If Raz had to guess who her godly parent was, the god of fire would've been the last thing in her list. She scowled as another alternative occurred to her. She better not be a sibling of mine...

Raziel sat up, eliciting a crack from the branch she was on. Blondie's comment implying how expensive her clothing was made her laugh. "All the better," she said. "One doesn't seem like a challenge to you, does it? Let's spice it up even more."

Brushing off the familiar - and slightly painful now - tug in her gut, Raziel flicked her ignited wrist. This time, not one, not two, but three fireballs as big and lethal as the first appeared and the daughter of Hyperion wasted no time in sending them all to the girl below.

Ha, she may be immune to the fire... but her clothes weren't.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 11:06 am

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Whoever the hell this chick is, she's not only getting on my last nerve, she seems strong, I thought, before squashing it. Whatever. She couldn't keep it going much longer... could she?
'One might not be a challenge for me, but I'm sure its a challenge for you,' I called, picking at the burnt edges of my once perfect jumper.
Did no one here appreciate good clothes? Evidently not. Or at least not Miss.Fireball, because if she did, she wouldn't have destroyed such a beautiful specimen of fashion.
I didn't notice however the two - no make that three fireballs that flew at me.
'Are you crazy?!' I screamed, doing the only thing someone could in this situation.
I tried to dive to the side again.
Only it didn't work.
And it left my skirt with two holes burning in it, and my scarf fairly singed.
Shouting, I rolled on the ground, getting the flames out that had started to burn through the fabric, coming closer and closer to my tights, and from there the skin beneath.
'Correction: I don't need to ask. You are stone cold bonkers. What is your childhood trauma?' I asked, shaking my head, angry now.
Standing, I shook off, knowing that my hair would be a nightmare.
'And these clothes? They were expensive, idiot. Well, I doubt you know good clothes when you see em, giving the clothe your wearing.... But anyway! You are not getting away with this' I gave her a look of pure hatred, but in reality I was shaken.
However much I was resistant to heat, to fire, I didn't like the idea of flames eating up my clothes...

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 11:41 am

Raziel couldn't suppress a laugh at Blondie's attempts to put the fire out. She rolled her eyes. "Ooh, I'm so scared," she started, leaning forward on her seat. "And what are you gonna do" -

Crack.

And just as Raziel realized what was going to happen, the branch she was sitting on split. Bad news, considering that she was about eight feet up the tree. Luckily, there was another considerably strong-looking branch a few feet underneath to catch her fall. Unfortunately, Raz discovered that it wasn't the most graceful of landings. With her eyes watering and her face contorting into one of pain, Raziel temporarily forgot about her company and began shooting off curses both in Ancient Greek and English. Was this how men felt like when they were kicked in the nuts? Damn, karma hit hard.

As her eyes squeezed shut as she bent over in an effort to make the pain go away, Raziel didn't even notice that she was low enough to be in arm's reach, which was probably a dangerous thing considering that a person she tried to set on fire was only a few yards away.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:01 pm

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

I wanted to climb the tree and pull her down by her hair.
Looks like I didn't have to.
Before I could say anything, I stepped back in sudden shock, watching her fall.
It seemed to happen in slow motion for me, and without realizing a half smile formed on my lips.
As she bent over, I walked a few strides closer.
'Wow... you don't look so good. Would you like some help? Oh wait! Hm. The last few minutes, I've been getting the feeling you don't like me very much. Maybe it was the sticks. Maybe it was the fireballs... but you know what?' I leaned closer, whispering, 'I think that the tables have turned now that you ain't playing high and mighty in your tree.'
Then before she could react and start her own little jibes, I grabbed her hair, pulling her back from her position.
'I like odds when their fair... for me,' I snarled.
What a loser. She loved her own little pain games. Well whatever. Times up. Rules change.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:27 pm

Raziel was still recovering from her fall when Blondie yanked her hair, coaxing out a half-yell from the demititan. Ouch. She clenched her teeth to stifle the sound that fought its way out of her throat. She wasn't going to give Blondie the satisfaction of winning. Despite the pain she had been put through, Raziel had no intention of backing down.

"Trust me when I say this, demigod," Raziel seethed, her voice cutting the air in a sharp whisper. A warning light went off in her brain but with the fury and the adrenaline coursing through his veins, she found it easy to shrug it off. She might kill herself doing this but at the moment, she didn't care. The daughter of Hyperion was not going to sit still and let Blondie slap her to death. Green eyes blazing, Raziel glared up at the girl and mustered up the nerve to force her lips into a tight smile.

"You're no match for the powers of a titan."

And with that, Raziel's fists caught fire and she threw a punch at Blondie's face.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:49 pm

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Keeping my grip was simple, but I was a little shocked by her choice of words and how she said them.
'Wha-' I started, before hearing the final part.
"You're no match for the powers of a titan."
My only thought was "You ain't a titan though..."
But the flaming fist kind of distracted me.
I tried to duck that, letting go of her hair, ducking straight down.
But it hit my face, more accurately my nose, and pain blossomed.
The heat sizzled my eyebrows, and I stepped back, once, twice, before falling on my butt into the snow.
The pain was terrible, slightly muted by the slow feeling of swelling, which brought a numbing peace over the fire that exploded.
My nose throbbed, and I held my hands to it, feeling the tell tale stickiness of blood, and beneath that, the feel of bruised bone.
'You- You-' I managed to gasp through the pain, before I found myself leaning forward, rocking like the pain would be lost by moving.
My eyebrows probably won't need a wax for weeks now, until they grow back, I thought.
Clenching my eyes against the little tears that had appeared, I ignored the girl.
Whatever.
My face was gonna look terrible.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:18 pm

The adrenaline rush wore off as soon as Blondie fretted about her singed off eyebrows and broken nose. Raziel could only wish that it kept up for a few minutes longer. The flames died down, her sleeves now sporting blackened ends as about five inches of her leather jacket had completely burnt off. But that was the least of her worries.

Raziel's breaths came in quick and ragged as exhaustion took hold and with it, pain. And pain was everywhere. Her head pounded, her legs stung, and heck, even her knuckles felt sore - broken, most likely. But that was nothing compared to the flames that had licked their way through her veins. Poisonous flames that sent spasms with every heartbeat, making her tremble so much that she finally lost her balance.

She fell on her side, the snow luckily cushioning her fall. Ironic how her least favorite season had practically saved her life.

So... much... hurt... Was Blondie even worth this kind of pain? Was it worth it to break herself apart just to put some chick in her place? Raz couldn't answer. Heck, she couldn't even think straight anymore. Darkness crept into her vision like little ants that overwhelmed her eyes and she felt herself drifting away...

"Oh my gods - what happened here?"

Raziel's mind was in a haze, but the familiar voice had still triggered a coherent thought. Mother of Zeus, is that Jonathan?
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:40 pm

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

A twinge of guilt made me feel worse when I saw the girl falling.
However, that little twinge of guilt was soon replaced with some more little ow's.
'You broke my nose,' I muttered, but despite that, I crawled forward.
Is she even alive? Gods, if she dies out here, whoever the hell is her dad or mom is probably gonna kill me. Or maybe turn me into firewood. Either way, it would suck for me.
But the pain in my nose stopped me getting closer than a meter, and I touched it gently again. It was still swelling. Crap.
"Oh my gods - what happened here?"
I turned, seeing a fairly attractive boy standing inside the clearing.
Great. I meet a good looking guy when I'm covered in blood, burns and dirt. What a day.
'Fight... Burns... Fire... Tree... Fist...' I shortened it, and mumbled what I did say.
Who cared what happened anyway?
'Tell me the truth,' I said, sounding like I had a horrible cold, 'How's my face?'
Ugh.
How terrible.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]   Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunlight Dies A Little Every Winter, Before Coming Back As Beautiful As Before After [Saph <3]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next