Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

coming back home [bean]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

coming back home [bean] Empty
PostSubject: coming back home [bean]   coming back home [bean] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 10:04 am

Kat expected that when she came back that people would be hugging her and someone might possibly throw a party. Looks like she was wrong.

Kat had been gone for a few months. Everything at camp had been making her go crazy, and she figured it was time for a break. A long one. She had enough money from fixing up people's cars, and she decided she wanted to start traveling again. She traveled back to all the places her mom took her when she was in the army. All the bad memories of her mom seemed to fade away the more she traveled. She went to Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Brazil, India, Belgium, and her favorite, Greece. Greece was definitely her favorite because it was close enough to camp without it actually being camp. She had already visited most of the landmarks the first time she visited those places, this time she just went to enjoy the people, the food, and the amazing views. Sure there was an occasional run in with monsters, but they were quickly turned into dust. Picture weren't really her toe of thing, but she managed to buy a disposable camera and took a few.

But now she was back for good, and she couldn't be more glad. She dropped off her bags at her cabin. It was weird to see her own bunk. The hotel's beds were nice and comfortable, but after sleeping on the same bed for a year or two, you only liked that bed. She didn't know what to do after she dropped off her bags. There was some guilt weighing down on her shoulders as she thought about one person. Kat knew she had to go see him.

Walking out of her cabin with a pep in her step, she definitely felt more different. She wa more carefree, and her past was way behind her. She approached the Hera cabin's doors with her dog tags clanging together at her throat. Kat knocked on the door and took a step back. Someone around her age opened the door, and she couldn't help but give him a warm smile. "Hi, I'm looking for Skyler Carstairs?"

Back to top Go down
http://btvsrole-play.forumshome.com/
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: coming back home [bean]   coming back home [bean] I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 1:33 am

skyler carstairs

Skyler had been on his bed, music blasting in his ears, trying to block out the sounds of the rest of the world. He was content here, without anyone or anything to bother him, or to wake him up from his current state of bliss. The door opened every so often, but Skyler didn’t pay attention until he heard his name. Pulling one side of his headphones from his ear, Skyler raised his head, sitting up with a slightly curious expression.

That’s when he saw her - Kat, standing in the doorway, one of his roommates (not siblings, mind you- Skyler had too many siblings, but thankfully at camp, he had none) pointing her finger towards his bunk. He beat her to it, already halfway across the room in his long strides, his heart jumping in his chest. He had not seen Kat in months, since - gods, Skyler couldn’t even remember the last time he had seen Kat. Not since she left him without a trace. Not since his father dragged him off to military school. She looked the same, same blonde hair and tanned skin, although it was slightly more tan this time around.

Had he been more of a sentimental person, Skyler would have hugged her. But that was not him, and it had never been. Instead, his face reddening and a growing pit in his stomach signaling the anger that was boiling inside him, Skyler stood face to face with Kat, frozen for what felt like hours. Then he did what couldn’t have been surprising to anyone who knew Skyler ( his roommate gasped slightly) - he slapped her. ”Where’ve you been?” Skyler demanded, his voice angry, masking the hurt he felt. The betrayal that Kat’s disappearance had been. ”I thought you were dead.” He said, his voice calmer slightly, taking on the placid, slightly annoyed tone that belonged to most of the words usually coming from Skyler's mouth.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: coming back home [bean]   coming back home [bean] I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 12:02 pm

Kat waited patiently ouside for Skyler. Her ADHD wasn't helping as she tapped her foot anxiously. Finally, he appeared and her heart practically leaped out of her chest. He looked the same the last time she had seen him. She felt like a sister that visiting her brother after a long trip. She was about to say something to him, but instead she got a slap to the face. Her face showed more shock than pain. It didn't hurt that bad, worse had happened to her. She looked down as he asked her where she had been. She didn't want to hurt his feelings. She hadn't left because of him, it was just camp in general. Kat waited for Skyler's roomate to leave, and then finally looked him in the eyes. "I'm sorry Skyler. I should've left a note or something." She answered, her eyes welling up with tears. It'd been a while since she cried, but she truly did miss him the time she had been gone.

Kate took a deep breath to calm her nerves down and to give her some time to choose the right words. "I just had to take a break from camp. I would've taken you Skyler..." She trailed off not knowing how to say what she wanted the right way. "but I couldn't." She finished finally. Taking Skyler would have just made her think about camp, and that would've defeated the purpose of her leaving camp. "I wasn't even going to come back, but I had to see you." Kat added, avoiding his gaze again.

Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: coming back home [bean]   coming back home [bean] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 9:28 pm

skyler carstairs

Skyler was having a bit of trouble controlling himself. It had never been his strong suit, but today, now, he couldn’t do it. Normally, he’d just become passive aggressive, but he couldn’t do it. He couldn’t pretend that Kat’s disappearance hadn’t hurt him.

It had hurt him, more than he cared to admit. He had always had difficulty expressing himself, or caring, but now he couldn’t feel beyond the anger and hurt. He had been able to push it away while Kat was gone, but now she was staring him in the face and he couldn’t stop thinking about it. ”Yeah, a note would have been nice.” Skyler said, indifferent to her tears. He knew he was being a cruddy friend, but he couldn’t be nice to Kat, not after everything. She knew that, and she couldn’t have been expecting anything more from him. After all, she had been his friend through everything.

”This place has been a shithole without you. Do you have any idea how lame the kids around here are?” Skyler said, his face turning into a grimaced smile. He was not going to press her further.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: coming back home [bean]   coming back home [bean] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 10:38 pm

Kat didn't know what to expect from Skyler. She had imagined thousands of scenarios in her head, but she never imagined this one. It wasn't one of the worst ones she had imagined, but it wasn't certainly the best. It was in between, and she didn't mind that. Nothing was ever perfect in her life, and she knew that. "I'm sorry." She said softly again.

A few tears had slipped down her cheeks already. A smaller laugh had escaped her lips at his comment, and she attempted to wipe a few of her tears away. "I have some idea." She responded with a teary eyed smile. Kat pulled him into a hug, even though she knew Skyler didn't like touching people much. This was definitely an exception. "Gods, I missed you." They had been through so much already, and she couldn't have imagined anyone else being her best friend. She had never used the word before, but he had seen her at her worst and had stuck by her no matter what. Kat could remember the day they met like it was yesterday. She was a totally different person than she was then, and she changed for the better and for the worst. After holding onto him for a few seconds longer than she probably should, she let go and wiped some tears away again. "Want to go do something fun?" She offered like an older sister.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: coming back home [bean]   coming back home [bean] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

coming back home [bean]
Page 1 of 1