Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Four Kingdoms: Moon Touched

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vixy

Vixy

The Four Kingdoms: Moon Touched Empty
PostSubject: The Four Kingdoms: Moon Touched   The Four Kingdoms: Moon Touched I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:21 pm

I'll post these as I write them. It'll get more interesting, I promise!

The land of Yeril was a grand kingdom, ruled by four prosperous families. The Ledon Family ruled the northern land, where the chill year round meant for no crops, but were abundant in mines and strong workers. The western kingdom, ruled by the Merin Family. It was best known for their wild game and silent hunters. The Eastern kingdom, known for it's vast feilds of crops and loyal warriors, was ruled by the Iret Family. The Southern, and last kingdom, was flush with the sea, home to the strong and noble---

"Mother...." It was a whine, I was not ashamed of it. She could go on for hours about our own kingdom, and my wrist was growing tired or writing.

"Do whine so, Audrielle. It's unbecoming. You have to learn the old stories and lands and the kingdoms."

"I know about our kingdom! It's nearly sunhigh, can't I please go? I'm going to be late!" I was already standing, never one for patience, or waiting to be excused. Mother gave me a look, but waved me off to go. At once my inkwell was stoppered; I had to be careful because I'd once spilled it inside my bag in a hurry to leave; and stuffed the rest of my supplies into my pack haphazardly. Throwing the sack over my shoulder, I leapt over the desk and rushed out the door before my mother could scold me and have me put the things away properly.

Dodging around the workers, I hurried up the tower to where I slept. Yes, I know. Princess who sleeps in a tower. It's the safest place apparently. I'm the daughter of the King of the southern kingdom. Audrielle Tinh. Our race is best known for craft soldiers and spies. We're called the Sly-folk by most other than ourselves. We call ourselves the Vulpis.

I am not the only child, though I am the oldest. My mother bore my father my little sister and myself. Unfortunately complications with the labor of my little sister kept her from being able to continue to bare, and give him a son. It was a big scandal, and my father's advisers even told him he should find a mistress for the purpose of fulfilling my mother's unfinished duties! Can you believe the nerve of those old coots? Telling my father to sleep with another woman, if not more than one. My father refused, and scolded the men who suggested it. I've heard them whispering though, when I sneak into the hidden room behind the fireplace to listen to their meetings. They intend on bringing a woman in for the task anyhow. I guess they'll pay her to try and seduce him. I'll probably be paid twice as much to make her so miserable she'll leave, by my father of course.

At my room, I managed to pull the miserable formal dress my mother makes me wear everywhere. My nurse, who I don't need anymore in my opinion, but don't mind having around, had already laid out my leggings and tunic. Moon Mother bless the woman. I tugged them on after loosening my corset to the point of being able to breath properly again, and tugged on my wandering boots. A once over in the mirror told me my pale ginger fur was in order and my tail didn't look knotted. Yet. At once I climbed out the window with my bag slung over my shoulder, making my way down the strong ivy. I wasn't risking my mother seeing me go in this! I would have normally taken my mare, but today was a warm day, so I wanted to walk the way to the Quart Corners. My hands made swift work of the fancy knotting my mother liked to subject my hair to, and at once was woven into a mess of a braid.

It was about an hours walk though the plains that made up most of our kingdom. The rabbits were already out and about, which was a good sign for the coming spring. Soon our men would be out to sea fishing, which was out main trade, other than our battle strategy. I had high hopes, that at current, Iggy would catch us something to eat on her way, with the game already scurrying through the forests at abundance.

The breeze kept snagging my hair, cloths and fur. I suppose the north wind wanted to remind me it wasn't spring yet with a few chills. I was glad for the cover of the trees as I neared the Quart Corners, wrapping my arms around myself to hold the warmth into my fur. I hadn't the time to wish for my cloak, when one was dropped over my shoulders. I couldn't help but pull it a little closer, breathing in the scent of it's owner. "Tebrut. What are you doing so far south, you completely passed the Quart Corners."
The low rumbling of a chuckle was his first response. The sound made my cheeks redden, and I thanked the Moon Mother for my thick fur for hiding it. Turning, I put my hands on my hips, waiting for an answer. Though my mouth fell open as I looked up at my dearest friend. Tebrut was large the last time I'd seen him, but he'd grown over winter. Tall, with a strong jaw and set shoulders. He had dark, ink black fur from head to toe, not a single blemish in the slick color. Tall ears made for great hearing, but his tail was short, an accident when he was young took it from him. He was well muscled from his work in the mines, and would possibly scare anyone who wasn't used to his race. The felites were nocturnal in nature,which helped with their work in the mines. Though they're known for sunbathing on the odd opportunities they see the sun. Tebrut was no exception as he basked in the sunlight, letting me keep his cloak.

"I came to make sure you remembered your cloak, as you forget every meeting." He spoke in a deep voice, which rumbled with a deep purr as he motioned for my to go ahead, bowing deeply. "Princess."
"Oh stop that. You're a Prince as much as I'm a Princess." I would grump, I hated when he was so formal, but I'm sure his father has demanded it. Tebrut was the third-born son of the Northern king, who has five sons and three daughters. He and his wife had met young, married young, and bred until she could not anymore. His eldest son, Tarul, would be king after his father, and the rest would either marry into the other royal families, or become lords or ladies of some sort. Marriage of the families kept the peace when there were several children. Though the child always comes out the race of the mother, so often the men get married off into the kingdom to keep from mixing races within a kingdom. Our customs would be hard for say, the grain eating Murets to live.

We moved through the forest at an eased pace. I knew Tebrut was walking slowly as a liberty to me. I was much smaller than himself, and often stumbled on unseen roots in the dead leaves underfoot. I was not very graceful for a princess. It was lucky he was here, else I would have fallen forward onto my face several times.
Back to top Go down

The Four Kingdoms: Moon Touched
Page 1 of 1