Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark} Empty
PostSubject: Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark}   Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark} I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark} Tumblr_lz19gf3jt11qzgo41o1_500
Hale Drem -- son of Apollo

Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark} 2v2t6i1

Hale Drem had always pictured dying happily, perhaps during a battle or with a family he started himself, or by his dad. The only problem with these fantasies were that they were just that; childhood dillusions trying to distract from his evident fear of the real world. Each image of the boy dying in battle seeming to revolve around bravery, but the fact that a knife was clenched tightly in his sturdy hands proved to everyone that he wasn't brave. Every family fantasy involved Anne, but she was long gone, and more recently Hale had tried to kill her. Though every fabric of his being loved the nymph, the son of Apollo and Cabin Leader had never let himself near her again. He had no self control, and he was a monster that had to be stopped. His dad wouldn't stop a monster, as Hale had experienced before. His dad creates them.

Just last year Hale had been considering this alternative. He could end everything and the pain would go away, but a Zeus girl stopped him. The Apollo boy couldn't be stopped now. He had to take his own life. He had to. Several sobs escaped his mouth, which were stifled by a knife pressing deeply into the boy's shoulder. Hale was digging in his own weapon, the very same he had been using to kill others. As the son of Apollo sunk the knife deeper into living flesh, he remembered why there first had to be pain and suffering. You must rise from the bottom. Hale was stabbing his arm now because he had never managed to escape weakness. He had only embraced it. And that was inexcusable.

Pulling the knife out of his shoulder quickly, Hale gasped and dropped to his knees. He was crying again, tears clouding his vision as memories of Anne came flooding back. His mother, his siblings, Will, Colby, all of the other Cabin Leaders. His father. Hale's support system was all together, and a demented thought crossed the teenager's mind. In a second, they were all dead. This angered Hale more than anything else. This was why he had to die. There was no changing who he had become, only finding enough of his old self to put a stop to things before someone he loved really did wind up dead. There were others dead, but they left Hale with no emotion, just an awakening emptiness. He remembered the knife and jammed it into his thigh.

A bloodcurdling scream escaped the child's mouth as he deeply impaled himself. Why was he dancing around death? Was the pain revenge? It had to be. Hale had already found the body of his mangled pet strewn arcross several trees in the forest. Either a monster had broken past the sheep shield, or someone knew, and someone was finally seeing Hale as he was. A murderer, a monster, and criminal, and a heartless demon. Instead of pulling the bloody knife out of his leg, he sunk it in deeper and let loose a loud howl, following by what sounded like strangled sobs.

"End it," Hale instructed himself, trying to fight the haze flowing through his mind. If he waited too long, he would merely pass out, and then he would be monitored instead of dead. Hale didn't deserve treatment as nice as that. He deserved nothing. He deserved death. But still, the memory of his mother's singing took Hale far away, and he had to scream again to keep from drifting off completely. His family meant peace, and peace meant kindness. The outburst kept him awake, but barely.

Singing still haunted his memory.

It was too much. Everything was too much. Hale reached into his pocket with a shaking hand and tightly clutched the suicide note. In it he apologized individually to everyone he'd hurt, and everyone he'd ever loved. Anne, Will, Hailey, Zan, Colby, Alex, Katie, Bellinda, Sutton, Toni, Truckee, everyone. And he begged the gods to give him no leniency in their underworldly decisions. He asked for horrible Fields of Punishment torture, for he had killed all of the dead campers. They suspected someone, and he was confessing. His death was cowadince in disguise. Hale wasn't brave enough, he wasn't strong enough to recover. He was nothing, he was the product of horror. He was Hale Joseph Drem, but not in the same one who had lead his siblings for two years, built friendships with anyone who came his way, and loved. He was just an empty shell assigned the same name.

When Hale plunged the knife into his still beating heart, he forced a smile, because he wanted to show he was happy to be dead. There was no more Hale murderer running around. There was still bad, but it had decreased the tiniest bit. Hale's limp body dropped motionless onto the grass, appropriately laying on the camp burial grounds. He had only a few seconds to regret. Just before dying Hale shut his eyes and screamed from the pain, but suddenly it was over.

And he was dead.

Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark} Tumblr_m7fr6vTG0X1rzdcixo1_500
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark}   Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark} I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:11 am

I'm sorry. I just saw this but it's so... moving to me. I remember what feels like so many years ago seeing Hale as your first character bouncing around the Cabin Leader lounge with Roxanne before all the wars and he was so young and innocent. I would have never pictured your writing skills and Hale going this way in life. It's amazing... honestly. Beautiful the way he ended. It was perfect.

So many people give all their characters a happy ending and it's just so boring to see a character go like that. Some of these people have built up their characters from the very ground and you just think, "Oh, wow, that's an amazing character..." you never expect that character to have such an awful life and you never expect their RPer to give them such an awful time at CHB, but they do and then you sit there and you're like, "This character should have a happy ending." But... the happy ending just doesn't feel right.

I really, really like what you did with this character not because you didn't give him a happy ending, or not because you killed him off. I love him simply because you ended his RPing life the right way. Too many people would have just sent Hale off with the implications that he married Anne and they lived happily ever after. No. Hale was too far gone for that.

Hale was a murderer, a monster, all of those you said up there in your writing. He's right. He was a monster and I'm not saying that he deserved to die. I'm saying that he was ended in the right way. It would've been wrong to keep him living.

You're a true writer to me.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark}   Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark} I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:42 am

zan ily oh gosh, thank you
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark}   Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark} I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 2:16 am

duDE DO YOU SEE THAT PUMPKIN OMFG
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark}   Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark} I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 2:20 am

THAT PUMPKIN IS FOR THE HUNT I FEEL SPECIAL.

Last edited by Nico on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark}   Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark} I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 3:37 am

if you bring him back you will contradict everything i just said omfg /quits
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark}   Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hale Joseph Drem {graphic, dark}
Page 1 of 1