Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I've finally gone insane (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

I've finally gone insane (Private) Empty
PostSubject: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:16 am

I've finally gone insane (Private) L5aDK

Seth was not a happy demigod. At all. He had like two things he absolutely did not want chasing after him, and he was tiring rapidly. There was a freakin' enormous black Labrador trying to eat him. He had no idea how many of those dogs he had seen since they all looked the same, and he did not care one way or the other anyway. They weren't exactly cute little puppies you could give a biscuit to and nurse to sleep. What freaked him out even more, was the girl following him around. She seemed harmless enough, but he had seen her real look. She had told him ever so politely that she'd like to drink his blood when he asked her for directions a few days ago, then bit into his arm, revealing fangs. Seth had yelped and promptly punched her in the face.

He had been trying to avoid them for days now. He had kept to crowded areas with loads of human population walking about, since those creatures did not follow him there, but waited till night. He was trying to follow his instincts and that voice in his head that was leading him to... somewhere unknown. Seth certainly did not like the unknown. He was beginning to doubt the voice in his head, the really annoying one which would tell him nothing but an address to some camp for half-bloods. But the voice had left him a whistle of some sort when he was asleep up on a tree, so he decided to trust it anyway, not that he had much need for a whistle.

Half-bloods? What is that? Some sort of blood donation camp? Have I finally gone insane? They'd better not take half the amount of my blood away, its too precious for that, he thought, ducking into the shadows, hoping to lose the two creatures. Of course, it was futile. All he saw was a hill with positively no civilisation at all. And Seth was about to give up, and hope that the monster things would not decapitate him too grossly, when he saw a silhouette at the top of the hill. Desperate and luck-run-out, he yelled up to the figure.

"Hey! Hey there! Help me!"
Seth yelled, waving his arms wildly to catch that person's attention. Or at least, what he hoped to be a person. It could've been a five armed scorpion for all he knew. But he figured that he had nothing else to lose.

Last edited by Andalite~♏ on Tue May 08, 2012 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:04 am

I've finally gone insane (Private) Tumblr_lx20n6Lpar1qlrrjqo1_500_large
Simon Montri
Son of Hecate

The view had always been great at night. The moon shone brightly, surrounded by millions of tiny dots in the sky. Simon found this a great time for stargazing. Feeling very much awake, he laid back against one of the pine trees with his eyes trained on the heavens. Sure, it was past curfew and all, but he didn't mind. After all, you only live once. Stick to the rules too much and you'll miss the most out of life. That was Simon's belief. And so he just sat there, listening to the crickets chirp and the trees rustle with the wind.

Then he heard it. A yell. A plea for help.

Simon rose to his feet immediately and looked around. Under the light of the moon, he vaguely made out a shadow down the hill. He squinted, noticing how the person seemed to wave his arms around wildly. What was this? Another demigod? Since when did they arrive in the dead of the night? Cautiously he left the camp borders and skidded down the hill, his curiosity getting the better of him. A closer look at the person told him that the person was just a boy looking younger than he was.

"Yo, man. Why aren't you in bed?" Simon started to ask, a smile already crossing his face. He didn't dare mention anything out-of-the-ordinary just in case the kid was a regular mortal. "You like hanging out in the unknown?"
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:35 am

cat Thank god, Seth thought, seeing the person was a boy just a few years older than him. Then he slowed and heard what he asked. What? What? Bed? "Uh dude, the last thing on my mind is sleep," he gasped, "I'm trying to stay alive here, so as much as I'd love to, I don't think I have any time to at the moment." Seth knew that there was a high chance that the boy would not believe him, but he tried anyway. He dragged the boy to the shadows of some large trees and started explaining.

"There's this freaking big dog, and a vampire girl, been chasing me for days.." He said vaguely, still trying to catch his breath. Those creatures would be right behind him in a moment, and he was not exactly in the mood for a long explanation. "If you don't believe me, they'll be here in a moment, you can see for yourself. Just erm, hold your peace. Keep quiet. Don't talk. Much." He added a tad unnecessarily, still too stressed out to think properly.

Last edited by Andalite~♏ on Tue May 08, 2012 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:49 am

Simon was surprised when the boy tugged him to the shadows. Oh gods, what if he was a secret spy Kronos sent and now he was going to abduct him and offer him to the lord of the titans? He shook his paranoid thoughts off. Dude. You're overthinking. He calmed down, just enough to hear the kid out. And then surprisingly, his face broke out in a huge grin.

"Oh thank the gods, I thought you were a spy!" Simon admitted unabashedly, sighing in relief. He dropped his voice into a whisper, bending down a bit so that the boy can hear him clearly. "Don't worry, man. I definitely believe you. And I'm going to tell you something that might or might not matter right now."

Simon placed a hand on the boy's shoulder. He took in a deep breath before the revelation. "You, dear boy, are a demigod," he said dramatically. "And as to what's following you? I'm guessing a hellhound and an empousa. Basically, you're being tailed by Greek monsters."

He said all of that in a light tone, as if they weren't in a life-and-death situation. That was Simon for you. Always trying to brighten up everyone's day even if they were in the brink of death.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:33 pm

Seth was extremely skeptical at the boy's explanation, but surprisingly, he accepted it, although it went totally against his logic. But which was which? I guess the dog was the hound, and the girl was the empousa. Though it could very well be the opposite.

He was just about to reply with about just a million questions when a dark shadow leapt from the darkness on his right and barreled into the the tree he was leaning on, toppling it the opposite way. Ahhh! He backed away from the hellhound. It snarled at him and prepared to pounce.

Seth gulped. "Uh... You know what? I hope you have something up your sleeve. Cause' I don't feel all so godly right now."

((Okay.. why the heck is there a.. rabbit cat in my previous post...? o__O))
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:22 am

"Don't worry, man. Leave it to me."

Simon threw a punch in the air and the ground rose up under the hellhound's feet. The earth wall completely took the monster off guard, throwing it back to one of the trees. Its strangled yelp came with the sound of something cracking--Simon figured it won't be able to move for a few moments. He drew in a deep breath and looked around, knowing that since the hellhound had arrived, it won't be too long before the empousa got here as well.

Moving his hands gracefully, Simon caused the winds to suddenly shift around them. He wasn't as well-versed with the wind elements as the Aeolus kids, but he had at least managed the basic commands. He stayed silent and alert, trying to figure out where the other monster was.

((Your posts are haunted by bunny cats. :3))
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:27 am

"Whoa!" Seth was amazed by what just happened. That was so cool. All I've managed to do was change stuff weirdly. I can't do what he did. Or at least, I don't think I can. That looks so advanced, he thought in awe. But where was the other one? He got a very bad feeling, and turned wildly around, but saw nothing.

He turned back around and was about to hope that the boy's powers had frightened it off. Seth of course did not have such luck. Something grabbed his shoulders from the side and dragged him a few feet away. He was caught by surprise.

"Hello boys," A voice drawled by his ear, "Demigods are my favourite. Which first?" It was the empousa. And she was smiling freakishly sweetly.

"Ahhhh!" Seth yelped and stiffened, and was about to pull away when something that felt suspiciously like a claw pressed against his neck. He gulped, then remembered something from his classes that he only paid attention to because they talked about vampires, and called out weakly, "Hey uh.. You're under the command of one god... right? Hecate or something. Shouldn't you not eat uh.. demigods? Like me?"

((Okay, the empousa is going to be really freaky... You can control whatever you like. xP))
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:54 am

Simon tensed when the empousa held the boy in a death grip. What was he supposed to do now? He can't really attack, not wanting to risk the boy's life in the process. So he stayed motionless. Come on, brain. Help me here, he thought frantically. Just when he thought he was going to lose it, the boy mentioned Hecate and Simon's face brightened up like the sun.

"Oh, but you're not children of Hecate, are you?" the empousa whispered to the boy's ear, pressing her claw against his neck that speckles of blood had started to flow out. The monster inhaled. "Delicious."

"Release him!" Simon said suddenly. The empousa threw him an amusing look. "You're like... my mom's servants, right? So that basically makes you my servants as well, yes?"

The empousa cocked her eyebrow at him, trying to figure out what he said. Taking the opportunity, Simon summoned forth gales and sent them towards the monster. The strong winds forced the empousa back, loosening her grip on the boy. Simon then punched the air like before, this time making a pillar of rock rise from under her. The force of the attack threw both her and the boy in opposite directions. Simon cringed, hoping that the boy wasn't too hurt.

"As a son of Hecate, I'm ordering you to get away from this place." Ugh, that sounded so wrong in his voice. He wasn't meant for seriousness. Gods, from that tone of his he would be surprised if the empousa took him seriously.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:56 am

Seth shivered, the empousa was just so... inhuman it made him flinch. I'm surprised I haven't had a breakdown yet, he thought. I mean, an empousa demon just told me that my blood smelled delicious, and my reaction can't even compare to that time when my maths teacher gave me a worksheet on algebra to complete. Perhaps this is all a dream and I'll wake up soon.

Then Simon shot a blast that hit him and the empousa. He was thrown backwards by the sheer force of it, and fortunately, away from the monster. The creature hit a tree opposite him and shattered into gold dust. What just happened? But he had no time to think, for he was about to hit a tree not unlike the one that had killed the empousa. He certainly was not looking forward to same fate as the demon. "Ahhhhhh!" He threw his arm out in defense and suddenly he stopped dead mid-air, about a metre up. Huh? Seth opened his eyes.

Then fell face-forward to the ground.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:08 am

Simon heaved a sigh of relief when the empousa exploded into yellow icky monster remains. Bands of sweat began forming in his forehead and he wiped them off with his equally sweaty palms. Wait, the kid! He quickly looked turned to look at the boy and widened his eyes at the sight of him nearly hitting a tree. He was just about to use the wind to cushion the boy's fall when he suddenly stopped in midair, lasting a second longer before falling flat on his face.

"You okay?" he asked, rushing to the boy's aid. Simon's breathing was ragged, considering that his demigodly powers took a toll on his own energy. He slowly tried to shake the boy's shoulder, not doing any more than that in fear of hurting him more.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:19 am

Seth got up and brushed off the dirt on his clothes, tasting blood where he had accidentally bitten his lip. I don't even get the fuss the Empousa makes about blood. Just lick a spoon for goodness sake, he thought. "Oh yes. I've just almost been eaten by a hellhound and an Empousa then thrown against a tree and have no idea why I suddenly stopped mid-air before dropping down just as suddenly and swallowed some dirt on the way. Sure, I'm okay. I'm feeling just great." He complained.

Seth was totally shaken by the experience and unable to think properly. "But thanks, though. Are you alright?" The boy seemed pretty tired. "What's your name by the way? I'm Bond. Seth Bond." He grinned, unable to resist cracking a joke, as he always did, no matter how lame it was.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:30 am

Simon started to laugh. He was beginning to like this kid. "Montri. Simon Montri," he tried to say, but it just didn't sound good. "Okay, just remember me as Simon the Tree. Simon Montri." Ugh, horrible pun.

"You'll get used to it. Of course, now that you know you're a demigod more of them will actually come for you," he said, grinning. "I'll take you to camp in a bit." After that, Simon let himself fall back to the grass. He laid down there for a while, just trying to regain some of his energy.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:49 am

"Salmon the tree?" Seth frowned, confused, then it made sense to him, and his cheeks turned pink. "Oh. Sorry. Misheard. On the bright side, I'll definitely remember your name now. " Seth grinned. "The holy magnificent tree, Simon Montri. Sounds nice." He flopped down beside Simon and crossed his legs.

"So, what is this all about? What is camp half-blood? Is it only for demigods? Do you keep pet monsters?" Once Seth started to ask something that interested him, he had a hard time stopping.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:33 am

Simon chuckled at Seth's magnificent tree comment and closed his eyes, just realizing how late it was. He was probably in danger of dozing off. He hoped he wouldn't, knowing how dangerous it was for his kind to stay out here. Just a few more minutes... he thought lazily, his eyelids drooping in reply.

Grinning, Simon thought that Seth sounded like the way he did when he first came to camp roughly five years ago. "Yeah, mainly for demigods. But there are also nymphs and satyrs and some other creatures I can't remember right now..." he trailed off, yawning. "And as far as I know, no one has monsters for pets. We try to kill them off as much as possible because most of them want to rip us to shreds and eat us."
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:44 am

"I can see why." Seth muttered under his breath. Then he stiffened, sensing a distubance in the movement around him. Something, or somethings was heading for them, probably on air. Maybe flying? Whoa, how did I know that? This was so weird.

"Do you... do you feel that?" He said in low tones to Simon, getting to his feet and turning towards the direction. It seemed to be coming from the hill.

((Guess what's coming? I'm so loving this. One after another. 8D))
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:19 am

"Hm? Feel what?" Simon asked without even opening his eyes. It didn't feel like anything was out of ordinary. Just a night like any other, filled with sounds of trees rustling and crickets chirping and... wait, did that sound like wings? Simon quickly sat up and saw Seth on his feet, looking in the direction of camp. Blinking repeatedly, he pushed himself up into a standing position, stifling another yawn as he went to stand next to Seth. His eyes became wide-open at the sight.

"Harpies," he said grimly, grabbing hold of Seth's arm and pulling him into the trees. There was no mistaken the chicken-like figures that eerily hovered a few feet above the hill.

His sleepiness was already kicking in though, seeing that he didn't seem so steady when he walked. "They think we're sneaking out. And it's past curfew too, meaning we're in big trouble," he explained, ducking to avoid hitting his head on a branch. "Someone up there must really hate us tonight."
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:01 am

"No kidding," Seth muttered, following Simon into the dense thickets. He turned to see the flying harpies still going down the hills. "They're quite slow," he observed, "what will happen if they catch you?" Seth turned back and dodged a protruding branch just in time, only to get whacked in the head with a dangling vine.

"Ouch! Do the vines here get any thicker than that?"
He yelped, then leapt back from the 'vine' in shock. "Yahh, go go go!" He nudged Simon away from the 'vine', which was now untangling itself from the tree it dangled from, and opened its yellow eyes. He tugged at Simon's sleeve, pulling him away from the snake and deeper into the deeps. "The things this place contains. A demon paradise. Have we lost them yet?" Seth complained, keeping his eyes wide for any more disturbances.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:12 am

"They tear you apart? I dunno, and I'm not willing to find out," Simon said as he waded through the undergrowth. He stole a look behind him. It didn't seem like the harpies were following. That or they were just too slow.

"Oh my gods!" he exclaimed as he came face-to-face with the snake. With a wave of his hand, a strong gust of wind threw the snake off the branch towards the foliage behind it. Heaving a sigh of relief, Simon grabbed a branch to keep himself standing. Both sleepiness and weariness were creeping in, and in force too. "I dunno. I don't think they'll stray too far out of camp. They're supposed to be patrolling anyway," he said as he looked back, hoping he was right.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:34 am

"Hopefully," Seth replied, then said seriously, "This camp sounds just as dangerous as the wild. How are you sure you guys are not completely insane in there?" He looked back again, but saw no sign of those winged chickens.

He noticed Simon almost falling asleep on his feet and asked, "Woah dude, you okay? I don't think we should go on any further. I mean, we don't exactly have insurance after we die. And this place looks like there are a lot of chances to die. Long and painfully," he said, eying some thorns that were bobbing up and down on the surface of a tree's bark, and a rabbit a little way off with fanged teeth. Where are we anyway?

"I don't know about you, but I certainly do not want to die a long and painful death. "
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 1:00 am

Simon laughed. "I don't know about the others, but I, for one, say that I'm not completely sane. Maybe my dad dropped me a lot as a baby. On my head."

He forced his eyes open, scanning the surroundings. Whoa, where were they? Did they end up in the forest by any chance? He hoped not. The place was stocked with live monsters after all. And at this point, monsters were the last things on Simon's want-to-meet list. "Believe me, there are a lot of chances of dying, both inside and outside camp. Of course, inside it's technically against the rules to kill or maim people. But there's always the chance of some slip-ups--what the..? Did that rabbit have fangs?"

He rubbed his eyes and squinted, but the rabbit was already gone. Was he sleepy enough that his mind started to play tricks on him? "Are the chickens gone? I'd rather be back in camp. There are less weird stuff there."
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 4:14 am

"Uh.. I think so. At least, I don't feel anything big like overgrown fluffy and not so fluffy chickens heading our way anymore," Seth shrugged, he was beginning to calm down, and was playing back the events a moment ago in his head, then laughed at Simon's comment.

"How did you do those things? And you're a son of Hecate? How did you know who I am? And just since I asked, why were you even out of the camp when you know there's a curfew? Not that I mind, I'd be dead if you weren't."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 4:38 am

"Whoa whoa, slow down with the questions, dude," Simon said, chuckling as he poked Seth on the forehead. He could understand the kid's curiosity--he had been that way too a few years ago.

"I'm the Avatar. Y'know that show with the bending and stuff? In Nick?" he said, grinning widely. He held on to some branches for support as he started to make his way back to camp. Glancing back to make sure Seth was still following, he continued, "Yeah, I'm a son of Hecate. And what do you mean? Didn't you say you were Seth Bond--oof."

Preoccupied with his talking, Simon tripped on a stray tree root and fell flat on his face. Oh, dirt. You do not taste good. "And well, rules are meant to be broken, aren't they? Where's the fun in life?" he said after spitting out the bits of dirt and grass that got in his system.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:33 am

"I meant, how did you know that I was a... demigod?" Seth gestured, brow furrowing, "What's a demigod anyway? You guys... in the camp.. Really are part god? Like demi-semi?" He was still a little unsure about the things going on. It was a little much to absorb at once. Then he saw Simon trip. "Whoa, stop, stop. Stop. You okay? Where are we even going?"

((Idk if you'd want to explain every single thing. xD To make your (and Simon's) life easier, you can just say that Simon 'explained everything to Seth' sometime later... blahblah, and not really say it out at all. xD))
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:55 am

Simon pushed himself up, taking a fair few seconds because his body didn't seem to want to cooperate. He wobbled slightly on his feet before setting a hand on Seth's shoulder for support. "I'm okay. And we're trying to get back to camp."

He looked up when he said that. Oh crap, where were they? Apparently they had wandered off a lot. He didn't even know which way it was to camp. It didn't help that the place creeped him out entirely--he hadn't really gotten over that fanged rabbit. "Emphasis on trying."
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:03 am

"We are? So the camp is the total opposite direction of the hill?"
Seth asked skeptically, turning back to the direction they came from. "We've been walking straight away from it the moment we entered."

Seeing Simon had trouble standing, he grasped his arm, steadying him. "Hey dude, you sure you okay? You seem way sleepier than me. And I haven't had sleep for like, two days straight. But I'm used to it. What's wrong?"

Last edited by Andalite~♏ on Thu May 10, 2012 6:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've finally gone insane (Private)   I've finally gone insane (Private) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've finally gone insane (Private)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next