Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

[Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

[Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" Empty
PostSubject: [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"   [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Annabeth Chase

Sprawled out on her stomach and taking up a small, leather couch in a corner of the library, Annabeth peered at the pages of an Ancient Greek history book. Legs swaying slightly from side to side, she propped her hand under her chin and chewed on her lower lip. She stared at the page for a little longer while the letters rearranged themselves and words spiraled off the page until she couldn't take it any more. Picking up and shutting the book, she flipped onto her back, head resting against an arm rest and legs dangling off the other side of the couch. Sighing, she stretched a hand out to a nearby lit bronze brazier and warmed her cold fingers.

"I hate dyslexia." She mumbled miserably, eyeing the closed book held to her chest before cracking it open again and trying to read again. Managing to read a few more pages this time before she started getting a headache, she closed her book again shortly after, a little more contentedly this time. Swinging her legs down and sitting up, she stretched and basked in the heat of the eternal fire for a moment before putting her book down on the table and yawning. She pursed her lips and then leaned back on the couch, shutting her eyes and relaxing back again.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"   [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:11 pm

[Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" 1y8mr
* FAYE LYNN McJEAN *

Athena Cabin Leader

Faye was in the library, studying. Well, not studying for herself. You see, she taught a few younger demigods basic Math, Reading, and Writing. After all, she was a fairly bright girl. Faye had been working with Lyra, Naren, and Rin for a while now, and she needed lesson plans for all of them. It seemed like she was a teacher, something Faye wasn't used to. She enjoyed every second she spent teaching her little bundles of joy.

Biting her lip, she read through a Greek Math book. Tomorrow, the girls would be working on Math, Algebra to be exact. Faye wasn't sure if their young minds could grasp it, so she wanted to be prepared. She had plenty of notes, all written in neat penmanship. Nodding to herself, she wrote the last word of her session. "There, good enough." Faye thought, pleased with herself. She got up from her table, and shoved her notes in her back pack, still holding the large book. Faye slid in the chair and walked over to put the book back.

While doing so, she saw one of her half-sister's, Annabeth. Faye liked Annabeth, to say the least. Her sister could be serious, yet funny as well. Annabeth seemed like an older version of Faye, almost. Differences set them apart, but she didn't mind. Stopping, her grey eyes watch Annabeth relax in her couch/ study chair. A smirk crossed the demigod's lips as she set down her back pack and books, tiptoeing over to Annabeth. Her converse lightly touched the flooring, and her dark blue sweatshirt almost skimmed a lamp.

When she was in poking distance, Faye grabbed at her sister's shoulders from behind, loudly whipsering. "Annabeth! Don't fall asleep!!" She had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing. After all, Faye found it quite funny, hoping for a reaction.
http://www.polyvore.com/fayes_wardrobe/set?id=45192675

Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"   [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Annabeth Chase

Annabeth immediately catapulted off of the couch and ended up pressed against the wall, a bewildered and half-crazed look to her eyes. She stared at Faye for a moment before realizing who it was and heaving a sigh of relief. "Well, I'm not going to fall asleep for days now." She replied, grinning at her sister and then raising an eyebrow when she noticed Faye's laughing expression. "You're evil." She stated, laughing along with her half-sister. Picking up the small, wooden table she had knocked over in her haste to get to the wall, fixing the table in an embarrassed way, Annabeth scratched her head.

Adjusting her T-shirt, she hooked her thumbs around the belt loops of her jeans and scanned Faye briefly. "So... Were you just studying when you decided to sneak up on me and make me pee my pants?" She asked, smiling. Unable to think of a name to tease her with, due to the fact that they had the same god parent, she settled for returning to her spot on the couch, this time, elbows resting on the back and standing on her knees. She reached over and mussed her sister's hair affectionately - just like she would ruffle Malcolm's hair - before leaning back again. "This is only to spare you from a much more carefully planned and executed revenge plan later on." She stated, grinning a little evilly for a moment.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"   [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:56 pm

* FAYE LYNN McJEAN *
Athena Cabin Leader

Faye grinned, and burst out laughing at her sister's response. It was truly the highlight of her dull day. She quickly ran a delicate hand through her dark brown hair, still smiling like a maniac. Annabeth's comment was the best, "You're evil."... of course. It helped that Annabeth also knocked over a table, which made her laugh a little more as she went to fix it. Evil Faye, ha.

She let her sister ruffle her hair, that was straight for a moment before she did so. Oh well, no biggie. Faye rolled her eyes at Annabeth's revenge comment. "I'm so scared." she said, holding up her hands dramatically. Faye couldn't help it but to smile some more. "Actually, I was being a good person, and helping the younger generation, and making them successful." she replied, raising her eyebrow at the last part. It was her way of using big words to say, she was helping out younger kids with school. Big words were just so much more fun to say!
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"   [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:02 am

Annabeth Chase

Narrowing her eyes, she pointed her index finger at her menacingly. "You should be." She said solemnly. She managed to keep up a straight face until Faye said that she had been helping the younger generation. Smiling along with her sister, she rolled her eyes. "More like corrupting the younger generation, and making them into your minions." She replied, pushing her hair out of her face and grinning.

"Faye's little army of nerds." She added, guffawing quietly. Well, she was in a library and it was full of kids who knew at least 20 ways to gut someone, played capture the flag with swords and shields but who were very attached to their books and to studying, so being loud after knocking over a table was probably... not exactly safe. She absently wondered where Seaweed Brain was at the moment. Probably splashing in the lake or training or something. Rolling her shoulders, she squinted a little bit. "So, how's the cabin leader business?" She asked, grinning.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"   [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:02 pm

* FAYE LYNN McJEAN *
Athena Cabin Leader

Faye smiled when Annabeth added "Faye's little army of nerds." to her sentence. Her study group wasn't exactly an army, but sure, that sounded cool. She rubbed her arm and nodded, her expression dulling somewhat as the conversation did. Faye looked at the empty spot by her half sister and took a seat. Standing just seemed awkward, when there was really nothing weird about the conversation.

Faye's expression darkened a little more when Annabeth asked about how Cabin Leader stuff was going. "Um... okay, I guess." she said, her dark eyes wandering to the carpet. Faye didn't know if Annabeth wanted to hear her rant about how the other cabin leaders seemed to just want to have fun, when there was obliviously other things to worry about. Sighing, she looked at her sister with a pathetic, forced smile.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"   [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:17 am

Annabeth Chase

She grinned when Faye moved to join her on the couch and scooched over a little bit to give her some more space. Rolling her eyes when Faye gave her an undetailed and unenthusiastic answer to her question, Annabeth raised an eyebrow. "Wow, that is convincing." She laughed. Patting her sister on the shoulder and smiled back. She was sure there was something else to it. Otherwise, why would Faye look down and smile that way? Forced, tired. They were still kids, Faye shouldn't have to smile like that. Annabeth frowned slightly. Sometimes, it could be forgotten that they were kids. Because they could kill. Maybe they just banished monsters back to Tartarus but once demigods started joining Kronos.. It became killing. Because even enemy demigods were people. They were kids just like them, in fact, just misled and confused.

At times, she wondered why the gods did what they did, if all they could offer for their children was a future of strife and misfortune and most likely an untimely death. But still, at the same time, a chance at life and maybe camaraderie, family, love. Annabeth was thankful and she knew that there weren't only bad things, that there was the good too, but still... She just wondered sometimes.
"It's alright, you know, you can tell me." She said, running a hand through her hair. She knew that it bound to be difficult, taking into account the war and all, but that couldn't be all there was to it. She was sure that there must be something good to being a cabin leader, even though she had seen Faye's face darken when she mentioned it. Tilting her head to the side, she crossed her arms and scratched her forearm. Her brow creased with concern for her fellow Athena camper. Maybe something was wrong?
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"   [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:00 am

* FAYE LYNN McJEAN *
Athena Cabin Leader

Faye smiled at Annabeth and then sighed. "It's nothing really... just little things." she said, looking at the couch. Faye really didn't like talking about being Cabin Leader. It made her seem high and mighty, when she felt less than that. She remembered the second Cabin Leader meeting she went too. They were talking about the Spring Fling, or whatever. She really had no interest in it. Faye expressed that openly, and told them that war was on the way; they had to be ready. She only said that because that was the topic last time. "It just seems like no one understands my views." Faye said, playing with her camp necklace.

In return for her speaking, she received many eye rolls from her fellow Cabin Leaders. Apparently they wanted their Fling, and they were gonna get it. Faye got stuck on guard duty, which she didn't really mind. "It just feels like all the other Cabin Leaders hate me." she admitted. Saying her mind, it made her feel slightly better. "They don't like the fact that I think about war all the time, I guess." Faye added, shrugging lightly.

She hoped that Annabeth would understand, she was her sister after all. Faye really had needed to talk to someone about this; which meant it was good that Annabeth was here. "I dunno, it makes me feel like I'm a bad Cabin Leader, or something." Faye said, running a hand through her dark hair.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"   [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Annabeth Chase

Annabeth looked at her sister, clearly still unconvinced, and waited for more. Listening at Faye continued to speak, she nodded her head and frowned lightly. "I'm sure they don't hate you. And if they do," Annabeth cracked her knuckles and took on a momentarily sinister look. "Well, anybody in their right mind knows not to mess with Athena." She said, chewing on her lower lip.

"To be honest, I can see where they're coming from by wanting to do something fun. I mean, it's nerve-wracking to think about the war and the prophecy all the time and no camper asked for this - to be involved in this war." She said, the last part more to herself than to her sister. "But at the same time, it's irresponsible to want to forget about the war completely and just have thoughtless fun." She said, snapping back to a more normal mindset. Drawing up her legs and hugging them to her chest, she shook her head.

"Faye, you are the best cabin leader anybody could ask for." Annabeth said seriously, looking her sister right in the eye and squeezing her hand. "You're doing the right thing, really. You'll get through to them."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"   [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:25 am

FAYE LYNN McJEAN
[Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" 34i33mp
untouchable like the distant diamond sky
AND WHEN YOU’RE CLOSE I FEEL LIKE COMING UNDONE
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Faye cracked a small smile, and nodded. "Okay..." she said, mostly to herself. She was getting caught in negative thoughts, which wasn't helping her at all. Faye sighed, and thought about how she could get through to them. No thoughts came to mind. "What if they don't listen to me?" Faye asked, looking over to Annabeth.

So far, all of the Cabin Leaders were older than her, other than Hale. They didn't seem to want to take any advice from a fourteen year old, no matter who her godly parent was. Faye didn't really know what to think. All she knew was that if war came, the camp would be unprepared. She surely didn't want that, but it seemed to be the truth that was staring at her face. It would be inevitable.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
in the middle of the night when I’m in this dream
IT’S LIKE A MILLION LITTLE STARS STANDING NEXT TO ME

Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"   [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:01 pm

Annabeth Chase

A serious expression came over Annabeth's face. "Make them listen," She said solemnly. She paused for a moment and inspected one of her fingernails. "As President Owlhead," She continued, smile returning as her tone took a slightly sillier turn. "It is your job to make sure that the cries of the people are listened to and that we are given justice!" Annabeth proclaimed patriotically.

In an instant, she was up on her feet and then leaping onto the coffee table. At her higher ground, she struck a series of heroic poses. This display was mainly for Faye's sake as Annabeth would normally not embarrass herself so willingly. Her sister seemed tired and she seemed to be more unsure than Annabeth was used to seeing her. It was unnerving, seeing one of his siblings like that. She wasn't a very big fan of it and if she had to make a fool of herself in order to see her sister happy, she would gladly do it. There were worse things to give up than her dignity.

"We will not be silenced!" Annabeth's voice rang out and much to her amusement, her statement was met by several people hushing her in response. However, she paid no mind to them and ignored the fact that people were looking at her like she was a lunatic.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"   [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:39 pm

FAYE LYNN McJEAN
[Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" 34i33mp
untouchable like the distant diamond sky
AND WHEN YOU’RE CLOSE I FEEL LIKE COMING UNDONE

Annabeth's words rang in Faye's ever thinking mind. "Make them listen... she thought, over and over, until a serious expression painted her youthful face. She rubber her hands together and studied them for a moment, finding little interest in them. "Make them listen..." the demigod thought again. Faye didn't have any idea how to do that, but she would. Hopefully.

The next thing Annabeth did shocked Faye. Her grey eyes got wide, and her smile was similar. Her sister's poses made her clap, and join in the poses as well. Letting a grin pass her face, she pointed a fist in the air. Faye couldn't stop laughing, and she was tearing up. This was all to funny. Faye wiped off her eyes and smiled, then burst out laughing again when Annabeth said, "We will not be silenced!"

That made her day.

Faye clapped again, and grinned wildly. "As President Owlhead, I swear to not be silenced by the stares of the people!" she said, giving Annabeth a salute. Half the library was stopping to looked at them, which made Faye's cheeks pink. She didn't like attention, but this was important to her.

We will not be silenced.

* Crispy, that's going in my siggy! :P*

in the middle of the night when I’m in this dream
IT’S LIKE A MILLION LITTLE STARS STANDING NEXT TO ME

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"   [Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Private] "Books are a uniquely portable magic"
Page 1 of 1