Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bre Bre

Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] Empty
PostSubject: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Turn out the lights.
Feed the fire,
'Til my soul breaks free.
My heart is high,
As the waves above me.
Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] An
And I, I will remember how to fly.
Unlock the heavens in my mind.
Follow my love back,
Through the same secret door.
| A N N A | J O N E S |
| D A U G H T E R | O F | H E C A T E |

Anna had fully recovered from her short memory-loss accident, and now was returning to her usual duties as Hecate cabin leader, and also her studies in the field of magic.

Her brown eyes fluttered over the pages, memorizing spell after spell. Every once and a while, she would check the clock. Even she can become aggitated with studying, especially since she was diagnosed with ADHD.

Suddenly, the daughter of Hecate looked up and noticed a boy approaching her. It was probably one of her siblings, mainly because no one else would walk up to her even though she was a cabin leader.

"Hello," she greeted.

~ Poorly written post, but I'll get better as the RP goes on.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:59 pm

"Hello, I heard your the leader of this cabin," Damon said. "I am Damon Calser, son of Hecate. I also heard that you could offer training to the magically ignorant." Damon said hold his hasty scribal of Anna's note. Just then a foot 'n half long ferret jumps from Damon's shoulder, Damon himself stands speechless. "Wow, I have NEVER seen Lego so friendly before. Usually he's shy and needs to be bribed out with treats." Damon said suddenly Damon remembered what that old woman said. "This one is attracted to magic." She said. Well I guess children of Hecate have magic. So that could explain it, Damon thought to himself.

Last edited by Damon on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Turn out the lights.
Feed the fire,
My heart is high,
As the waves above me.
Follow my love back,
| A N N A | J O N E S |

Anna was a little stunned when the ferret leaped upon her brown-haired head. Instead of swatting it away, she gently reached up and cradled the bird in her hands, petting it's delicate head.

"His name is Lego?" she asked, handing the ferret back to her half-brother.

"Yes, I am the Hecate cabin leader, and yes, I can train those that need help with magic. Is there anything I can do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:27 pm

"Yeah we, me and my mortal sister Sarah, named him Lego cause he kept stealing all our Lego blocks." Damon taking Lego and dropping him to the floor where he threw a blue Lego for the ferret to play with. "As for the help I need, it's with this," Damon said as he caused him hand to catch fire. "If I let it get any bigger than a campfire... I lose control of it. That and when I first noticed my powers I threw a punch form ten feet away from someone... and doubled the distance between us. I called it Force Punch but 'Concussion Wave' maybe a better way of describing it. Though I can only do that in a total rage." Damon said dropping his hand letting the fire go out.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:33 pm

Turn out the lights.
Feed the fire,
My heart is high,
As the waves above me.
Follow my love back,
| A N N A | J O N E S |

"You shouldn't push yourself," Anna calmly replied, observing the ignited flame in Damon's hand. "Magic can do anything to you if you're not careful. Believe me, I've had experience."

Anna almost shuddered at the thought, but remained brave in front of her sibling. It wasn't as tragic as getting a seizure or something by overusing too much magic, but the her loss of memory wasn't exactly fun to experience.

"I'll train you. Just promise me you won't over do it, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Damon stared at his hand, which moments ago had been aflame. He had to suppress his over shiver as he remembered last winter when his magic almost got him arrested for terrorism.

"Believe me I know the unstable nature of my magic. And I swear I won't go to far. I almost got arrested 'cause of this." Damon said lighting only a finger this time. "For now all I want is it under control."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Turn out the lights.
Feed the fire,
My heart is high,
As the waves above me.
Follow my love back,
| A N N A | J O N E S |

Anna nodded and then got up from her seat at the table, picked up her books, and gesturing Damon to follow her out the door. When they reached the arena, the Hecate cabin leader placed the stack of books on a bleacher, and turned to her half-brother.

"So I guess you want to learn how to channel fire first," Anna suggested. "It gets easier once you know how to do it."

Anna drew her black staff, raising it and igniting a flame on the tip of the staff. Once enough energy had been put into it, the teenager focused on sending the fire toward one of the walls of the arena. In a few seconds, Anna's wish was granted.

"Just picture what you want, and make it happen. Give it a lot of thought and description, that way the spell doesn't backfire. Once you've got that down, channel your energy through your body, and release it at whatever part you want; wand, hands, or fingertips."
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Damon watched as Anna channeled the fire. He dropped his backpack by Anna's books and dug around for a pair of gloves Auntie H, the old woman how gave him Lego, had given him. She said it made it easier to work magic. At first Damon thought she just believed that. But he liked wearing them every now and again, So he kept them. On the back of the gloves was three crescent moons intertwined.

"Okay, Lets do this!" Damon said walking back to the open arena. Damon decided on a baseball sized fireball. It was a good default size. So he pictured a flame floating over his palm. This had always been harder than just lighting parts of him on fire. To his amazement it worked, so he threw it at the wall and was rewarded with a new scorch mark on the wall.

"Now this," Damon whispered to himself. He imagined a tree frog out of fire in his palm, again it worked. Maybe the gloves do work!! Damon thought as the frog jumped and died out.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Turn out the lights.
Feed the fire,
My heart is high,
As the waves above me.
Follow my love back,
| A N N A | J O N E S |

Anna nodded at her half-brother, then clapped at his success.

"Well done, Damon. Well done."

She levitated a book from one of the bleachers, allowed it to land in her hands, and began flipped through the pages.

"Is there anything specific you would like to learn?"
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:02 pm

"Control." He said flatly. "Anything to big and I lose control, I almost burned down four blocks once." He said remembering that time.

"Also I want to know how to use my concussion wave at will. I know how it works...I just can't do it. Other than that... just the basics for now." Damon said as he watched her levitate the book.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Turn out the lights.
Feed the fire,
My heart is high,
As the waves above me.
Follow my love back,
| A N N A | J O N E S |

On that note, Anna set the book down on the bleacher once more. She registered her thoughts in her head, recalling the first few things she learned at camp during her first week.

"Control," she repeated, nodding. "I can't exactly help you with that as much as I'd like. You have to learn it on your own almost. Keep your mind focused and alert. Make what you want happen. Don't wish for it, do it."

"Before we can move on to your concussion wave, you have to master your ability to control magic. Go ahead, imagine anything you want to appear in your hand, and try to maintain it for at least 30 seconds. Go."
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:40 pm

Damon figured the control thing was on his head. So he'd just listen to her. He imagined a dagger in his hand, when he opened his eyes in his hand was a small plain dagger. he managed to hold it for a grand total of 29 seconds. Yup, that was his life. One step away from success. So he tried again. This time he made it to 31 seconds.

Once that was done he looked at Anna, and said "How was that?" Never assume it good enough. He thought.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Turn out the lights.
Feed the fire,
My heart is high,
As the waves above me.
Follow my love back,
| A N N A | J O N E S |

"I knew you could do it," Anna said proudly, a smile painting her face.

"Now how about that concussion wave?" The cabin leader was quite curious to see what Damon had come up with. Hecate children were known to create their own spells; it was almost like their trademark. It was always a joy for the teenager to watch her siblings grow and progress, and be creative with magic as well.

"Would you mind showing me what you have so far?"
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:01 pm

"Umm I don't know. The few times i tried to force it, it came out as a giant wave of fire." Damon said, "But I'm willing to try as long as you back up. Damon said.

Damon sat himself ten feet away from the wall, and pictured his father, drunk and with the look he had during the hurricane. Instantly he ticked, just remembering the man was enough to set him off. So this time in stead of fire, h imagined his rage, all the rage he had toward that man, into his right fist. As soon as he did his fist felt like it was humming with energy. That's right you low life! This is for you! He thought as he threw a punch at the spot he imagined his father. Instantly there was an explosion wave that sent a rock fling past his left ear.

"Wow." was all Damon could muster. Then, "ITS EMOTION!! My emotions trigger it!"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Turn out the lights.
Feed the fire,
My heart is high,
As the waves above me.
Follow my love back,
| A N N A | J O N E S |

Emotion. Emotion was what triggered his special 'concussion wave.'

Anna didn't know whether to smile or frown. Letting emotion take control of your magic could be either beneficial or extremely dangerous. Magic is an odd concept to understand--if you're not careful, it could easily kill you, or at least severely injure you.

"Damon, I'm proud of you," she said simply, almost nonchalently. "Now that we know what fuels your magic, we have to make sure your emotions don't take over you completely."
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:39 pm

That sobered Damon quickly. Control was rarely in his vocabulary. He stared at his hands before turning to Anna and saying, "What do I need to do next?" Damon was unsure of where this trust in Anna came from. Ever since the storm and his leaving of New Orleans, he survived on distrust. Anna however just had something about her that made Damon want to trust her.

Maybe it's because we're both children of Hecate. He thought.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Turn out the lights.
Feed the fire,
My heart is high,
As the waves above me.
Follow my love back,
| A N N A | J O N E S |

"Find your happy place."

That probably would have sound stupid to anyone that heard it, but magic was magic. If you couldn't handle it correctly, you couldn't handle it at all. Learn from the book, study the book, and use your knowledge to succeed.

"Once you do, release every bit of anger, frustration--anything. Let it out until you're completely calm and able to control your power."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]   Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic also takes a lot of study time [PRIVATE]
Page 1 of 1