Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Unknown Reasons [Angel]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pink
Angel's Bestie ;D

Unknown Reasons [Angel]  Empty
PostSubject: Unknown Reasons [Angel]    Unknown Reasons [Angel]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Unknown Reasons [Angel]  Ch_pos10
Lyna Embers

Unknown Reasons [Angel]  Screen17

Lyna didn’t know why she decided to visit Thalia’s Pine. Nothing or no one really forced her to go, it was as if she were half asleep, trudging up the hill just to see a tree. A tree, nothing really amazing or anything that can make you awe-struck. There were hundreds of trees around Camp. If Lyna wanted shade, she could have might as well gone to the forest, or Zephyros’ Creek. If she wanted to take a nap, she should’ve chosen a spot less open. But that’s the problem; Lyna had no purpose.

Usually, she would be doing something more productive like mapping battlefield areas or planning strategies. There was just something about this place that pulled her. Lyna closed the distance between her and the Pine, reaching out to touch its bark. It felt cool, like any other tree's. Gods, what’s happening to me? I’ve got ten other things to do on my list.

And so she stood, hand pressed against Thalia’s Pine, as if waiting for something to happen.

Unknown Reasons [Angel]  Screen16
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Reasons [Angel]    Unknown Reasons [Angel]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Unknown Reasons [Angel]  Tumblr_m1kkmbKsGs1r9ga08
Theo cleared his throat as he leaned against a tree that overlooked Thalia's Pine. He was up high in the tall oak and sat perched on a gnarled branch. He enjoyed hanging out around the camp border. He liked to look out at the outside and wonder how much had changed and think about how much really hadn't. But there were more of the former than the later as far as he knew. In fact, Theo felt completely lost in this time. Even though he had been out for a few years now, things were not modern and the Base. Things were quiet old, actually. So despite being out of the Lotus and in the 21st century for over three years, he still felt like he was lost. He still felt as though he was a fish out of water. Theo looked down at the girl below. He examined her for a moment before he swung from his spot in the tree and landed on the ground with a gentle thud. "I see I'm not the only one who enjoys hanging out around Thalia's Pine," he said. This was his slightly unconventional attempt at a greeting. "Theodore Myers at your service. But I go by Theo."
Theo Myers, Son of Astraeus
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Pink
Angel's Bestie ;D

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Reasons [Angel]    Unknown Reasons [Angel]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Lyna Embers

Pulling her hand away from the tree quickly and gingerly, Lyna felt like she was caught doing something wrong. "Adalyn Elizabeth Embers, daughter of Poseidon. Call me Lyna." Glancing at Theo momentarily before holding out her hand for him to shake, she realized he looked familiar. Not surprising, really, since she'd been living in Camp Half-Blood for four years less a decade. "I don't usually go here. I guess I just wanted to see the view." Lyna bluffed, hoping she sounded believable enough. It was embarrassing for her to be seen acting on things for no apparent reason.

From where she stood, Lyna could hear the clanging and chattering of nearby camp life. Come to think of it, she hadn't gone to the Pine in nearly a year-- she had been too busy. But it was still a bad time for her to be taking a break, with the war going on and all.

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Reasons [Angel]    Unknown Reasons [Angel]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Son of Astraeus
Theo examined the girl. She looked familiar. However, most people nowadays looked the same to him. After being in the Lotus Hotel for such a lengthy amount of time you tend to gain this daze. This daze blends everything together in your mind. It's as if you're constantly on some high from a drug that's making you see one thing instead of the other. This daze is what caused him to be confused about whether or not he had seen this girl around before. Theo shook his head, deciding to act as though this was their first time meeting. He didn't recognize the name, and she didn't seem to recognize him. So for now, he was good. "Thalia's Pine is very relaxing... And it does have some great views of Half-Blood Hill. They're even better from up in the trees," he said, gesturing to the oak standing across from the pine he was previously perched in. Theo stared up at the tree and frowned when he found that his spot had already been taken over by two angry squirrels. "I don't suppose you're much of a climber?" He said this in a questioning tone, but it was more of a statement than anything. The girl who jumped so easily at his speaking, the one he now knew as Lyna, did not seem like the kind of girl that enjoyed climbing trees.

ooc: Which post layout do you like better for Theo?
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Pink
Angel's Bestie ;D

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Reasons [Angel]    Unknown Reasons [Angel]  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:51 am

Lyna Embers

Lyna arched a brow, one side of her mouth quirked upward. "No. I don't enjoy climbing at all. I-" she swallowed, thinking of words that could replace 'scared' and 'fear', "I'm not fond of heights." Being who she was did have its downsides, one of it an irrational dislike for places with high vantage points. In fact, if you were to make Lyna peer down the edge of a skyscraper, she would experience a sudden wave of nausea strong enough to send her scrambling back and cursing with a large array of words. But that didn't mean she never once climbed a tree. During one of her strategists' meetings, Lyna was assigned to lead a group of four archers. They positioned themselves on tree branches around the battle area. She found it very, very hard to find her bearings, but she wasn't going to admit to that.

Fearing that one of her anxieties was discovered, Lyna cleared her throat and faced toward the oak Theo pointed at, trying to estimate its height. Probably thirty feet, nearly average oak size. Usually oaks grow up to sixty. Still, Lyna wasn't even going to attempt to climb it. She turned to look at Theo again. "So, do you come here often?" Lyna asked, mentally slapping herself for asking such a stupid question. He already said he enjoyed it here... but, then again, that didn't mean he went often.

ooc; the second, definitely
sorry I posted late, I had a meeting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Reasons [Angel]    Unknown Reasons [Angel]  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unknown Reasons [Angel]
Page 1 of 1