Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome Empty
PostSubject: Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome   Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:53 am

NINE REASONS THAT REBECCA BLACK MIGHT BE AWESOME

For those of you living under a internet-free rock, Rebecca Black is what everyone is talking about this week. Here’s the video that made her famous. (If you’ve seen it before, you are under NO obligation to watch it again.)

So yeah, the lyrics are god-awful, she can’t sing even with auto-tune, and her friends dance like they were hit with a tazer. The song has been called “the worst ever” over and over, and Rebecca Black, who no one but the Black family cared about 8 days ago, is suddenly a huge internet phenomenon. But what if she isn’t that bad? What is she is in fact… awesome. Here are some reasons that Rebecca Black might be awesome...

9. Rebecca takes criticism like a champ

Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome Rebecca-black-2

I stain my pillow with emo tears when I get a negative comment on a YouTube video or when a girl says she doesn’t like beards. But Rebecca? Millions of people around the world are watching her one and only video, and saying it is without a doubt the worst song ever created. And what does she do? SHE’S CHEERFUL.

Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome Rebecca-black-twitter
Talk about ignoring the haters.

8. Her parents love her very much

Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome Rebecca-black-1

Ark music factory isn’t a charity. You think auto-tune and green screen and cereal bowls are CHEAP? You think convertibles, fake Usher, and fake-looking bus stop signs show up for FREE? NO. Rebecca’s parents paid for all that to happen, even though she clearly shows ZERO signs of being a good singer.
It’s like if you really wanted to be a ninja so your parents paid for ninja camp even though you are so clumsy you broke your ankle playing Call of Duty: Black Ops. Her parents support her dreams even though her dreams are dumb. That’s love.

7. Her video gave us this animated gif

Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome Franz
Comedy GOLD.

6. She’s achieved more musical success in 1 week than most musicians do their entire lives

Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome Rebecca-black-4
Right now Rebecca Black is number #69 (hehe) on the iTunes top 100. There are amazing singers and musicians in bars and clubs across the country that will never get close to that level of success.

5. Her lyrics are not much worse than other pop songs

Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome Rebecca-black2
Don’t get me wrong. Her lyrics are awful. Here’s a sample.

7 am, waking up in the morning/ Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal/ Seein’ everything, the time is goin’ Tickin’ on and on, everybody’s rushin’/ Gotta get down to the bus stop Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

Here’s some lyrics from a so-called mainstream artist: Miley Cyrus. Are these much better?

Every week's the same / Stuck in school's so lame My parents say that I'm lazy / Gettin' up at 8am's crazy Tired of bein' told what to do / So unfair, so uncool

4. Her video also gave us this animated gif

Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome White-people
This gif totally nails it.

3. The remixes

Nothing stirs the imagination of people on the internet quite like something that can be remixed or parodied. There have been a FLOOD of parodies, remixes, and mash-ups, and although most of them suck, there are a few gems.

2. She reminds us that cereal is delicious

Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome Rebecca-black-cereal
Cereal IS delicious. It’s not just an option. You HAVE to have it.

1. She has given us the best new meme in MONTHS

Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome Rebecca-black-3

Let’s face it, we internet people are always looking for something to share - some idea or concept that can be changed and repeated in different ways to achive LOLs and LMAOs and ROFLs. This 13 year-old girl has given us that. And not by being a jerk or falling down or hurting anyone. She just recorded a really really bad pop song, and made a really really bad video for it.

So thank you Rebecca. We look forward to your next hit.

[Copied from Smosh.com]
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome   Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:44 am

Is she really that bad? I've never listened to the song since I have volume problems. :0
Back to top Go down

Nine Reasons Rebecca Black Might Be Awesome
Page 1 of 1