Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Child of Wind

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:38 pm

LIAM VANE

Child of Wind Tumblr_lyj7jyGX6k1r8ecgoo1_400

Camp life was slowly getting better for Liam. He didn't feel the need to run away anymore after his last encounter with that strange girl on Half-Blood Hill. He still hadn't gotten over her. Why on earth did she kiss him They hardly knew each other! Not that it was bad or anything but... weird.

For one reason or another, Liam felt in the mood to play some volleyball. So, clad in his orange camp T-shirt, tan cargo shorts, and brown sandals, he stepped into the the sandy court an picked up the ball, waiting for someone to play against. He didn't know why he wanted to play so badly. He wasn't very good at sports.
Back to top Go down
Dove

Dove

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Alex Kayde felt a cool breeze ripple her light hair as she paced down to the volleyball pit. She always felt drawn to anywhere that involved exercise, it calmed her nerves. She was never sure why, but there was something routine about sports, something simple and calming. Somehow, this was what she was thinking about as she made her way down to the pit. As she drew nearer, the outline of a boy, about her age, became visible. Was he there to play? Flicking her hair from her face, she made her way down towards him, seeing that he was wearing the same orange camp shirt as the one that she was currently donning. Approaching the boy, she tapped him on the shoulder.
"Here to play volleyball? Might I challenge you to a game?" She spoke softly, her voice taking on a sly tone.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Liam spun around as someone tapped his shoulder. The girl challenged him to a game. Where as normally he would stutter something incomprehensible after being approached by another person, this time he grinned. Something about his previous encounters with Charity and that girl who randomly kissed him on Half-Blood Hill made him more self-confident. He answered with, "You're on." He ran to the opposite side of the net and served the ball. It wasn't bad, but not his best. As the ball sailed over the net right to the girl, he introduced himself as, "Liam Vane! You?"
Back to top Go down
Dove

Dove

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Alex blinked, she hadn't expected such a confident reply. Something about this boy had seemed somewhat shy to her. Then again, Alex was never the best judge of character. Jumping up, she spiked the ball over the net, grinning. "Alex Kayde. Nice to meet you." She smirked as the ball flew over the net, surprisingly good for a girl who hadn't played in over a year.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Liam nodded at Alex but had no time to respond as the ball came hurtling over the net. Liam ran for it but his efforts weren't enough. It bounced off the ground puffing up sand as it rolled away.

Liam will admit, he was kind of annoyed that he couldn't save the ball. Frowning, he said
"Nice shot. Your serve." as he tossed the ball over to Alex. This time, he wouldn't miss.
Back to top Go down
Dove

Dove

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:10 pm

OOC: Oh, hey, sorry, I didn't see your reply...

Alex barely concealed her laughter with a loud cough. Picking up the ball, she served it overhand, sending it sailing over the net. She let herself relax for a moment, as she waited for the ball to reach it's destination. Should I be going easier on him? she wondered, frowning. He doesn't seem very athletic, and I wouldn't want to hurt the poor boy's pride.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Liam told himself he could do it this time. He took a deep breath and ran in the direction of the ball. Alex's serve wasn't too hard or anything, so he managed to reach it. Just before it hit the ground, he bounced it off his cupped hands. He watched as it headed over the net... then landed out of bounds. A point for Alex. Great. It was her serve again, so Liam only glared at her. He was really getting annoyed now. Why was she so much better than him?

(Hey, can she do something to annoy him now? Just something little like laugh at him before she serves the ball. You'll see why ;))
Back to top Go down
Dove

Dove

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:21 pm

(Sure :3)

Alex was unable to cover her laughter this time. She let out a burst of laughter, looking at Liam with her tricky "Daughter of Hermes" look.
"You honestly thought that you could beat a child of Hermes at a sport?" She giggled. "Spend some more time around camp, and you'll see that we aren't the ones to mess around with." Alex raised her eyebrows at the boy, as she served the ball just to the left of Liam, wondering if he could even get it over the net.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:36 pm

(The big moment! :3)

Alright, now Liam was infuriated. The angriest he's ever been since he arrived at camp. Who did this girl think she was? He could beat her at a sport and he was going to prove it. He let his anger spread through his body as Alex served the ball.

Here it came, the ball descending to Liam's left. In an attempt to prove the ignorant daughter of Hermes wrong, Liam dashed for the ball. Energy surged through him as his feet carried him to the volleyball. He moved so quickly that he felt as if the wind in the air was actually moving through his body. He grunted as he reached the ball and slammed his fist against it. It went rocketing so far into the air Liam lost sight of it for a second before it came back down. He didn't see whether Alex managed to hit it or not because he was distracted by something floating above his head, though he doubted the girl would be able to return the powerful blow.

"What the hell is that?" Liam exclaimed, looking up above his head at the small light gray cloud above his head. The miniature figure radiated a silver light reminding Liam of the ring he wore on his right hand. He tried to move away from it, but it followed him wherever her went. He looked at Alex for help. From what he understood, she had been at camp for a few years. Surely she'd know what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Dove

Dove

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Alex caught the ball all right, it ricocheted right off of her face and into the net. What are the odds? Hey, at least Liam had guts to go up against her. That's something that most campers wouldn't do- unless they wanted to be the target of some nasty pranks. Rubbing her face, she turned to Liam. She was about to shout something moderately intelligent, when she realized the miniature cloud floating above his head.
"No way..." Alex gasped. "Right now?"
Seeing the boy's confused expression, she approached him curiously, wondering if she should explain. The boy's expression clearly meant that he wanted answers.
"You, my friend, have just been claimed. By one of the wind gods, I guess. Your father has just announced that you're his son. It's kind of a big deal." Alex smiled, seeming genuinely nice for once. "Congratulations!"
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Alex's words registered in Liam's head slowly as if she was taking her time sayig them. Claimed? The word was familiar to him, something he'd heard around camp. That's what this was? So his godly father wasn't such a jerk after all. Maybe he truly did care.

As the cloud faded away, Liam wanted to slap himself for not realizing this sooner. He looked at the ring his mother had given him. She said it was a present from his father and it just so happened to look like a cloudy, windy sky. He recalled all the times he ever got angry and felt as if the wind was raging with him. He thought about the dagger given to him by an older camper. He said it was meant for the child of wind. And finally, the last thought to occur to him was his conversation with Charity. She listed the names of gods that he might be the son of. One stood out in particular.

"Aeolus?" He muttered, more of a question than anything.
Back to top Go down
Dove

Dove

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Hearing Liam's mutter of the god's name, Alex smiled quizzically.
"I've never met a child of Aeolus before. Are you sure that's who your father is?" she asked quietly. She felt a pang as she thought of all the things that he would be able to do. Having the power of the wind at your fingertips, it must be incredible. Alex felt an odd knot in her stomach. Was that.. jealousy? She quickly shook off whatever unpleasant feeling it was, and brought her features back into the smirking, superior look that she had used earlier.
"Well, I suppose that you have to go see Chiron. I doubt you know your way around, you don't seem like the type who would. I'll come with you." She forced a mocking tone into her voice, feeling somewhat guilty- this boy didn't seem all bad.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Liam began to nod hesitantly, but as the wind picked up, he took it as a sign and said decisively, "Yes, I'm positive." He knew Aeolus was his father. It just felt... right. The fact that Alex hadn't met a child like him yet made him feel even more special. The wind played with Liam's hair as he fiddled with his ring. A grin escaped his lips as he realized it wasn't just nature toying with his shaggy brown hair all these years. It was his dad. He cared. His dad who has never been there for him actually cared. Liam felt on top of the world.

Alex's voice snapped him back into reality when she mentioned something about the centaur camp instructor. He tilted his head and asked,
"Chiron? What for?
Back to top Go down
Dove

Dove

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Alex sighed. She saw the boy's grin and realized that none of her taunts would do anything, at least not until the shock of learning about his father wore off.
"You've just been claimed." She said flatly. "He should probably know. Claiming doesn't happen every day, it's important. Follow me." Alex marched off, annoyed, without turning back to see if Liam was following.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Alex seemed a little ticked, but all Liam did was smile. How could he not? He knew who his dad was after all this time. He felt great! He watched her walk off, leaving him in the volleyball pit. He glanced up and confirmed that the gray cloud was gone, though he felt as if he was still glowing. Beaming a big smile, he tossed the volleyball to the side and jogged after Alex saying, "Hey! Wait up!"

(Are we legit going to see Chiron? Lol. Does someone play him? Confusion 0_o)

((EDIT: No one plays Chiron. We should act like they went to see him and then went somewhere else afterwards. Sound good?))
Back to top Go down
Dove

Dove

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:00 pm

((Okay, so are they walking ack to the volleyball pit? Oh by the way, sorry this reply is pretty late, I had to coach a bunch of kids earlier... -.-))

Alex walked alongside Liam, allowing herself to enjoy the afternoon. She had had some time to cool off. Sure, this boy angered her sometimes, but that wasn't his fault. She supposed that Liam wasn't really a bad guy- just a tad annoying, in her eyes. She walked silently beside him, waiting to see if he would strike up conversation.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 pm

(I made a new topic at the Cabin Courtyard of them returning from their chat with Chiron. I feel like they would more likely end up there than back at the volleyball pit.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Child of Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child of Wind   Child of Wind I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Child of Wind
Page 1 of 1