Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

WHAT IS LOVE?!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:42 pm

☯☯Oliver Ezekiel Mitchell ☯☯
WHAT IS LOVE?! Gilly
☯☯Light up the sky like a flame,
FAME. ☯☯

Lying down on the grassy knoll surrounding Camp Half Blood, Oliver sighed a simple sigh of boredom. His flambunctuous personality needed someone to talk to, someone to have fun times with, someone to be there for. Since Jovan abandoned him, he didn't have anyone anymore. Not meaning to sound desperate or anything, but he needed somebody to love. Somebody talented to love. The old Queen song played over and over in his mind, as he continued with his absent-minded wanderings, almost being driven to praying for someone to come along. Anyone, as long as they were partially interesting. He couldn't abide boring people. Especially ugly boring people. Yes, it did sound self-obsessive and extremely shallow, but hey, some people were like that. He never said anything to their face, of course. He's not THAT mean.

☯☯ I’m going to live forever,
Baby, remember my name. ☯☯

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:38 pm

WHAT IS LOVE?! Fft68_mf38998
The sun shone brightly on the forest ground. The leaves hardly bothered to shade Half Blood Hill at the moment. I preferred the cold and the sort of cloudy climate as appose to this.

I slipped a rubber band off my wrist and pulled my hair back to a ponytail. It was beginning to make my neck hot. I hated being hot. I did all I could to avoid it. For example what I was wearing. I had short shorts on. They were sort of blue jean short shorts. Then, I had a frost blue tank top on so that sleeves wouldn't bother me. I had white rimmed sunglasses on and white flip-flops. My earrings were snowflakes, but a snowflake about as big as a walnut maybe bigger. They were the best earrings I had.

I stretched out my legs, leaning back against a huge pine that towered over me about a few trees to the right of Thalia's pine. I glanced over at Thalia's. I sat up quickly. Someone was here? This whole time? I squinted through my sunglasses. A guy, I observed. Looked about a year younger than me maybe less. He was cute, I had to say, but I couldn't go talk to him. I wasn't really like that. I pretended I hadn't noticed and laid back against the tree once more.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:20 pm

WHAT IS LOVE?! Gilly
FAME. ☯☯

Propping himself up on his elbows, Ollie gazed around him at the wondrous beauty surrounding his home. Blue skies that stretched on for miles, a variety of greens and browns mixing together to create the border of trees that he had come to know as the border of Camp. A pleasant breeze ruffled his short-ish hair, as his eyes [[ which were a similar shade to the sky when it was distempered ]] kept a watchful stare on anything that could be interesting. Slipping off the striped jacket that had covered his slim frame, he balled it up, placing it as a make-shift pillow for his sleepy head. His head rolled to the side, so that it was angled towards a pine tree in the distance.
Wait a minute. . . What was that under the tree? It was definitely a girl of some sorts, but why did she look so. . . beautiful? Even from a distance, she sent shivers down his spine. Standing up from his favourite spot, Ollie walked towards her, taking tentative steps. For once, his voice was jammed in his throat, his tongue tied in knots. He arrived by her side, trying to remain as composed as possible as he said:
"Hey there, Miss! What's your name?" he might have come off as confident [[ish]] but down inside, he could feel his legs getting less able to support his body every minute. Oh, girls. What they did to the system.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:47 pm

I looked up as a shadow passed over me, blocking the sun better than the trees did. I slipped off my shades and looked up. It was that guy from before; the one that was sitting under the tree. Up close, he looked a lot better. He had blond, slightly messy hair and blue eyes colored like the sky.

I cleared my throat and smiled.
"Bonjour, monsieur," I began, accidentally switching to french. I silently criticized myself and continued. "Can I help you?" I was slightly nervous. Though this guy seemed younger than me he also seemed, somehow, out of my league.

I didn't bother to get up, for I feared he might be taller than me. I was feeling slightly short at the moment.
"My name is Belle. Belle Neige." I said. I always prized my name. In english, it translated to fine snow, or beautiful snow. Pretty obvious of whom I was the daughter.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:01 pm

WHAT IS LOVE?! Gilly
FAME. ☯☯

Feeling his regular confidence begin to ebb back into his bloodstream, a light grin lit up his boy-ish features. Sitting down next to the girl, he placed his hand on top of hers, and began playing with her fingers absent-mindedly.
"Belle, huh? Well, you certainly live up to your name. I'm Oliver Mitchell, son of Klymene. Don't worry; I won't be offended if you don't know who she is. I didn't either until God Checker told me." he laughed, looking at the girl's face, studying it in greater detail. The fine skin and beautiful eyes screamed out "Khione Child", so he was going to stick with his gut instinct. "So, what brings you here today, deary?"

Last edited by Kusaka Yuu on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:14 pm

My cheeks turned only slightly pink as he sat next to me, dulled down by the fact that he was obviously extremely outgoing. He set his hand on mine but I narrowed my eyes. I couldn't pull away because he had my fingers, but I muttered, "Charmant," sarcastically.

I cleared my throat. The sun began to shine in my eyes once more since he was no longer standing in front of me. [color=olive]"Well, deary,"=white]] I began, and edge in my tone. "I'm over here to get away from the regular chaos of camp." I said. Then, I noticed I was absent-mindedly playing with his fingers too. I quickly withdrew my hand.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:44 pm

WHAT IS LOVE?! Gilly
FAME. ☯☯

Ollie picked up on the nasty edge of her vocals, pulling back his hand and shuffling further away from her. Just a teeny bit, mind you. He could tell when a girl was not to be messed with; something to do with being totally awesome, in his opinion. Then again, most things he did were totally awesome in his opinion.
"Woah, is someone a bit cranky today? Does someone need a hug?" he asked her, outstretching his arms in a vague attempt to lighten the mood. He always tried to be as nice as possible, but it generally failed. People always thought of him as being either arrogant, mean or just plain annoying. Out of all the people who he had met here in camp, none of them stuck around long enough to get to know Ollie; to understand why he acted like he did. It was all a ruse. Deep down inside, he was dying. "Anyway, wanna know why I'm here?" he nudged her with the tip of his sneaker. "I'm here to make your day a whole lot more eventful."

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:58 pm

I looked at him, my eyes softening a bit. I could tell I had startled him and I didn't mean to do that. I took my ponytail out an let my hair fall down. It was super hot and I decided I would risk fainting in order to cool myself off.

I couldn't help but let a grin break upon my face.
"Thanks," I said. I took a deep breath. "But I think I'm the one to make your life more eventful." I concentrated, feeling my eyes shift to a steely ice color. A wind began to flow, getting stronger by the minute. Eventually, it was strong enough and I focused hard. Above me, white flakes began to drift down seemingly from the tree tops. Snow.

I released my breath and my eyes changed back to normal, the wind dying down but the all around essence of the cold still drifting in the air.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Snow spiralled around them, as Ollie stared at the sky in amazement. Guess he was right about her being a daughter of Khione. Trying to hide the fact he was impressed, he raised an eyebrow.
"You're going to make my day more eventful? How, if you don't mind me asking." His left eye twitch automatically, forming something of a wink in her direction.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:01 pm

I spluttered, leaning back against the tree as my mind felt light and dizzy. That had taken quite a bit of energy but I felt refreshed and in my natural environment. I looked over at Oliver, his cute face and funny attitude. Made me wish that there were more people at camp like this guy. I had the impulse to hug him. I took a deep breath.

"Are you serious?" I spluttered. "That wasn't impressive?" I almost whacked him and hugged him at the same time but I refrained myself. "Good gods. Well, let's see what you got then, macho man," I said, smiling.

Last edited by Brennan on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:13 pm

He pouted slightly as she hit him.
"Hey! That hurt!" He protested as she pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his arms tightly around her,squeezing her in a bear hug. He smiled to himself as she asked him to impress her.
"Ehh, I don't think.I could top your amazing stunt, deary. I can certainly try though!" Snickering, he pulled her close to him, before quickly pressing his lips against hers,in somr attempt to woo the older lady. "Mhm, bet that was impressive, riiiiiight?"
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:24 pm

I was utterly and completely shocked. Had he just kissed her? That had to be it. And she had to say it was slightly amazing. I gulped, feeling my cheeks go pink. What was I supposed to say? I gulped.

As I breathed out, you could see my breath; a frosty wind as I exhaled. Chilly. I looked at him, seeing if this was some sort of cocky thing or if he really meant it. I bet it was some sort of cocky thing so I tried to compose myself.
"Yeah, impressive," I said, trying to act like I was going along with his bit.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Warning; there are reasons why I don't generally post at 0220 on a Saturday. ;-;

WHAT IS LOVE?! Gilly
FAME. ☯☯

Although seeming rather blase on the exterior, Oliver's insides had turned to jelly just by that single kiss. He had never been one to make a move before, preferring to simply observe others and their behavioral skills rather than partake in them.
"It was dressed to impress, honey. Isn't that the name of the game that we're playing?" he asked her, with a quick shrug of his eyebrows. "Besides, your little party trick was damn hard to follow; I had to pull out some of the stops, hmm?" he brushed a piece of her hair over her ear, his fingers surprised at the temperature of her skin. Well, she was a daughter of Khione, afterall.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:46 pm

I gulped. I tried to keep a cool head, which is funny coming from a daughter of Khione. I tried to act as he did, tried to be comfortable as him. I pressed a hand to his cheek and smiled. "So, smooth man, what exactly does your godly parent do? Of whom or what is she the goddess?" I asked. It sounded kind of weird to talk like that in English, as I usually only used proper grammar when I switch to french. I felt him touch my hair and brush my skin and my skin tingled where he had touched me. I bet he was startled at the temperature of my skin and I wondered if that freaked him out.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:10 pm

WHAT IS LOVE?! Gilly
FAME. ☯☯

His boyish attitude continued to shine as he caressed her skin once more, as he answered her question.
"Well, my mum's Klymene, greek goddess of fame and talent, I think. Fat lot of good she did me, with no discernable talents whatsoever. Although, she gave me this weird ability to be able to sense other people's talents, which was cool." Oliver explained his god parent situation, slightly embarrassed. His mum hadn't given him anything cool, like weather manipulation or super cool blasting abilities. Just the ability to tell the special people from the not. Kind of ironic, if you think. "So, what's your home life like? I mean, if you don't wanna talk about it, it's fine. Just interesting to find out, ya know? A lot of kids here have exciting baggage."

I apologize once more for the qualities of my posts. ;-;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WHAT IS LOVE?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS LOVE?!   WHAT IS LOVE?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHAT IS LOVE?!
Page 1 of 1