Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:51 am

~Caleb, 15, Son of Momus~

Caleb missed school so badly. He missed being seated behind a desk, listening to some old teacher drone on and on about a subject he already knew. He missed working on math exercises and performing scientific experiments. In fact, he would have already snuck out of camp and gone back home, if he wasn't so respectful of his mother's wishes. Because even if he missed school greatly, he would never betray the trust of the only person he only truly loved.

So one particularly rainy day, Caleb ventured to the library. It was the closest thing to school he could visit. And besides, it was one of the places most kids avoided, and Caleb hated being around campers. Well, there were a few he can get along with, those select few capable of having intellectual discussions with him without getting offended. Those were about the only ones he can talk to without receiving a negative response. Caleb assumed that this kind of people were the ones who occupied the library. And he really didn't mind talking to people like that, and he may even come to a point that he liked doing it--even if he wouldn't admit it out loud.

Upon entering the place, he stopped by the doorway for a few moments to admire the sight. Hundreds of shelves were filled with thousands of books, both in English and Greek. The air was even filled with the scent of old books, and Caleb somehow found the scent soothing. He walked up to the nearest shelf and scanned a few titles. As he couldn't the decide which ones to read, Caleb just grabbed a pile of books and went over to the nearest desk. Sighing, he sat down and opened one particularly dusty book and began to read.

Before he could get to the second sentence however, Caleb nearly jumped out of his seat when he heard what seemed to be a pile of books hitting the floor. A few hisses of 'ssssh' directed to the one who dropped the books could be heard in the background. Caleb turned to the person and hissed in an aloof voice, "This is a library. You ought to keep quiet."
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:33 pm

"Well you can't always get everything. And besides, I was shelving books, not fooling around." Lyra turned to the boy with a indignant expression. "What's your problem?" She was mad, not only because the boy was being a pest in the place where she practically lived, Naren had beaten her at cards again. Lyra wiped her sweaty fingers off on her shorts, and pulled her long blonde hair back in a ponytail, and began shelving books again.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Caleb fought the urge to snort. "Well, we could at least hope for perfection," he said softly, a smirk pulling on the corner of his lips. "I won't have a problem if you do it perfectly."

Well, Caleb was being his usual perfectionist self. He turned back to his book but he was only half-reading it. He was more interested in hearing the girl's response.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:07 pm

"Why do I bother to be the camp's hothead?" Lyra asked, more to herself than to the boy. "When there is already one who does his job perfectly?" Lyra was indignant. No one got away with insulting her. "If you can do it so perfectly Mr. Perfectionist, then why don't you shelve books? Like this." She snached his book away from him and briskly walked away.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Even if he was only half-reading, Caleb still felt slightly annoyed to have the book slip away from his fingers. Forgetting he was in a library, Caleb said loudly, "HEY!" His remark earned some upset looks from the people around him, but Caleb paid them no heed as he muttered some Greek curses under his breath. "Wasn't it obvious that I was reading that?" he whispered as he followed the girl to one of the shelves. "Weren't you supposed to put the books back when the readers have already left?"
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:50 pm

"Yes it was you blibbering idiot. I was just trying to prove my point. What's your problem?" Lyra asked snideley, handing the book back to the boy and marching off, her head held high.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:58 pm

"Well, besides the fact that I can't read what I want to read, I don't seem to have a problem," Caleb replied smugly as he got back his book. "And thanks for returning this," he called after her before walking back to his spot. Well, no sense going after her now. Caleb didn't really want to cause a ruckus in the library, one of his most favorite places. Sighing to himself, he pulled up a chair and opened his book, beginning to read.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:36 am

Lyra gazed icily at the boy from across the room. "You could just ask nicely." She said, to be responded to with a glare from her brother Quell, who had been watching the arguement with mild interest.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:43 am

Caleb could basically feel the weight of the glare the girl was giving him. He sighed to himself, trying to go back to reading. However, her glare seemed to be distracting him. Caleb just felt the need to retort. Or criticize. Or just respond with anything. But he was just too darn lazy to get up from that chair and approach the girl. He put his book down and turned to the amusing girl. Not wanting to shout and disrupt the silence in the library, Caleb settled on just smirking at her. Oh gods, that was probably going to annoy her so bad.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:50 am

"You think your such a hotshot?" Lyra raised her eyebrows, olbivious to the boys smirk. Behind her Quell whispered, "Don't." But Lyra was already walking twords the boy. "You'll be sorry you ever met me." Lyra gave the boy a dissmisive wave of her hand.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:56 am

Caleb watched the girl slowly come up to him. Yep, he was definitely in trouble now. She probably wanted to slap him or whatever. Anyway, Caleb was ready for that. He had his arms on the table now, his head leaning on one of his hands while his other hand was free. With this position, Caleb can try to stop the girl from hitting him if she had plans to.

"Why, is that a challenge?" Caleb said mockingly, trying to keep his voice soft. He cocked one of his eyebrows at the girl.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:26 am

"Yes. Yes it is." Lyra returned her gaze from the comic books section to the boy. She fixed her grey eyes on the boy's own with a cold composture you don't normally see on her. Her death stare.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:32 am

Caleb fought the urge to snort in reply. Pfft, what is this--a staring contest? he thought deeply to himself. He looked the girl in the eye easily, ignoring the coldness of her glare. Caleb was used to glares. He got them all the time before camp. He was everyone's favorite person to glare at. His eyes gleamed. Bring it on, Caleb thought coolly. What harm could that younger girl do to him?
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:56 am

((Dom, watch your sentences. They're getting a little shorter.))
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:57 am

~Sorry~
Lyra was upset, although she didn't let it show. The boy looked smugly at her. Lyra didn't need to read minds to figure out that the boy didn't think much of her. "Tommorow. The arena." Lyra said, then marched off. "Careful." Her brother whispered, then walked ove r to Caleb and flicked him in the head. "And you. Lay off my sister." He walked away like nothing had ever happened. Lyra smirked. 'No one got away with messing with Athena' She thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Caleb couldn't help but smirk at the girl. And so he earned himself a match in the arena, just by staying in the library. He can never seem to get out of trouble, can he? Before he could give any sarcastic reply, he felt someone flick his head. Scowling, Caleb rubbed the spot he was flicked, and looked at the boy.

"Yeah, yeah," Caleb said nonchalantly as he finally returned to his reading. He knew that he shouldn't underestimate the kids here when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, since almost all of them were specially trained for that. Well, he could probably handle whatever that girl throws at him tomorrow. Too distracted now to even read properly, Caleb closed the book and stood up. All that he can think was that arena match tomorrow. He smirked at the thought, running a finger down the hilt of his knife. He better go practice now then. And without another word, he left the library.

((You make the topic?))
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:18 pm

~Sure. I'll make it tommorow. That ok?~
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:37 pm

((No problem. Just give me the link when you're done :) ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]   Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warning: Critic Ahead [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1