Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A place to hide. (Bre! :] )

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) Empty
PostSubject: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Essie sighed, walking in the stables, simply thinking about her life, with Ben... what she never would think of as home again. She sighed, petting a simple horse, a regular looking one, no wings, nothing. She looked at the burns on her arms, they were still healing slowly, but they were coming along. the cut that she had received in her arms from Leroy had long been healed since the incident. She smiled, thinking of when she had gotten all her injuries, she was truthfully turning into a clutz who couldn't fight. She smiled at herself, leaning against a beam in the stable, thinking back on all the memories. Her meeting Ben, e=and everything that followed after that, including Leroy getting jealous. She hadn't talked to Ben or Leroy in quite a while actually. She had been rather quiet lately.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:12 am

Newborn life replacing all of us, changing this fable we live in.
No longer needed here so where do we go?
Will you take a journey tonight, follow me past the walls of death?
But girl, what if there is no eternal life?
A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) Tumblr_ljxdq2rcI21qclf0do1_500
I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time.
But I'm too young to worry.
Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost.
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over.
| B E N J A M I N | R E E D |
| S O N | O F | T H A N A T O S |

Nature, tranquility, silence. Over the course of time he had spent alone, Benjamin learned how to become in touch with these three attributes of humanity. Beneficial, maybe, but that's debatable. He has recognized the fact that he has been more calm--not that he wasn't before, unless angered--and his time of pondering philosophy and ethics has begun to diminish slowly. As much as he cared about the time he spent thinking before, it wasn't really his major concern. It's not impossible for Ben to start up again, as he is still curious to find out who he is. Kind or cruel? Caring or calculating?

These thoughts brought Ben to the stables, where he sat purched on a tree, back resting against the trunk. He observed the green scenery that surrounded him, capturing him in it's beauty, and attempting to relieve him of his thoughts. As much as he tried to resist, Ben couldn't help but notice a rose or two beginning to bloom. He wondered how long the flowers would survive until camp lifted the borders, and allowed the snow to enter the camp for winter.

Is that what life is like? An endless time of wondering what will happen to you, but no matter how hard you try to prevent tragedies from hurting you, escape is inevitable until the inevitable is done? Is life so short that we try to extend it, though we as humans do not posses the power? Will there be a day when we do?

The son of Thanatos scans the landscape further, bringing the stables into view. He wasn't one to ride horses or pegasai, though he considered the idea for a moment, but later pushed it away. He'd rather be sitting upon his tree, thinking, planning. Today it would just be him, all alone, just like before.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:18 am

Essie continued looking around until she saw Ben. After a few minutes of making sure her arms were covered, and her legs were as well, she walked over. Sitting next to him she smiled, "Hi."she said simply. She looked at Ben, he was in a deep thought about something. She sighed, puling down her sleeve, she didn't need Ben worrying about her lest incident.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:28 am

Well, being by himself didn't last that long. After the last month of being alone, though, he didn't mind the fact that Essie came to join him.

"Hey Es," he addressed, nodding his head in acknowledgement. "It's been a long time."

Now that he thought about it, it has been. Not that a month of separation would sever their relationship, but since they practically lived together in the same camp, it might have been a little odd of Ben not to visit Essie at least once a day. Strange how they never even met up at training either.

"How have you been? Is everything well?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 8:47 am

She smiled at him, "Yeah. What about you?" she asked. It was weird that they had never run into each other once in the past month, not training, seeing each other in the mess hall, wandering around even. Not until then. She smiled, He hadn't noticed her fixing her sleeve, that was good.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:13 pm

"Can't complain," he answered simply.

With the corner of his eye, Ben glanced at Essie, noticing that she was pulling down her sleeve. It wasn't the first time he saw her do this, since she did do it quite often. He was well aware about her past, and how the only way she could take out her emotions was to cut herself. Essie had told him this, so why was she continuing to hide her arms from him? Had she forgotten that he knew? Did something else happen to her that he wasn't informed of?

"So, Essie," he began, though unsure of how to continue, "is everything all right?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Essie looked at Ben. He had noticed, of course he had. She didn't need him to worry about her. All she had done was trip.. and burn up her back and arms.. and legs... yeah...s he was a major klutz. She bit her lip slightly, barely noticeable. "What would you do if I said I had another.. accident?" she looked at her. and eyebrow raised a bit.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Benjamin shook his head. He should have tried a different approach, rather than addressing the suject directly. Essie doesn't welcome sympathy, and because of this, she almost seems to refuse to allow Ben to help her. At least, that's what he has gathered.

"Es, I can't force you to tell me anything, and I can't make you allow me to help," he explained calmly. "I have to intervene when neccessary, though. So whatever the accident was, it depends on the amount of damage you took."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Essie looked at him for a moment before looking away as she started to raise her sleeves. You could see some light pink lines where fresh cuts had been made, and the big long burns on her arms. She sighed, putting her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry..." she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Benjamin's hypothesis was one hundred percent accurate. It made him furious with himself. He should have been there to protect her, to stop her! What could have happened in the month of his absence that could have harmed Essie so much to return to her old habits?

"Essie . . ." he began, almost choking on his words. "Did someone hurt you? Is that why you resulted in . . . this?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Essie gulped, "The burns are from when I fell into a fire pit..." she bit her lip, "It's hard to stop once you started, Ben." she closed her eyes, ashamed of herself. She had promised him that she wouldn't anymore. She had stopped for a while, but the month without having Ben around to remind her that she had wonderful people in her life, that she didn't need to cut anymore. That she had insensitive to stop.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Benjamin takes Essie's arm in his hands and examines the scars, searching for any sign of infection. When nothing is to be found, he looks up at the daughter of Apollo with his black eyes.

"You have to be more careful next time. You know how much I am worried for your safety."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Essie hated herself for ever starting this, it was a habit.. that once started was nearly impossible to stop. At least.. for her it was. She sighed, closing her eyes for a moment, pulling her sleeves down again. "I know." she said quietly. "I tried..." she said, her voice nearly above a whisper, unable to meet his eyes. It was true, every time for the past two weeks she had thought about cutting, she had stopped herself...but two weeks ago, she had cracked. A nightmare about her mother. It made her go slightly insane that night, forgetting about Ben, and Leroy, and everyone that was nice to her, and kind...she couldn't remember any of it, she could only think about her mother, her life back in Brooklyn.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:57 am

Benjamin let out a small, exasperated sigh. He truly felt sympathy for Essie, but he also couldn't help but wonder why everything he had done for her wasn't helping. Was she still dwelling on the past more than she should?

"It'll be all right," Ben said smoothly, taking her hand in his. "Try to resist, and the urge to harm yourself will decrease."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Essie sighed, unable to say anything back. She simply leaned her head on Ben's shoulder, holding his hand in hers. It had been a month. A full month of not seeing her boyfriend. She sighed, "Anything I should know about you?" she asked, looking into his black eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A place to hide. (Bre! :] )   A place to hide. (Bre! :] ) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A place to hide. (Bre! :] )
Page 1 of 1