Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

a great christmas...scare. [cherry]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
General Carys

General Carys

a great christmas...scare. [cherry] Empty
PostSubject: a great christmas...scare. [cherry]   a great christmas...scare. [cherry] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:14 am

A small brown leaf got loose from the tree and floated through the air like a little boat before settling down in some dark curly hair. A small hand reached up and absent mindedly wiped it away. The head moved slowly upwards and some cold grey eyes looked up at the branches of the tree above. The crown was completely naked, and it seemed like the last leaf that had just fallen off, was really the last one of them all. There was something frosty in the air, and the breath from the pouting lips that belonged to the curly haired head with the grey eyes, was white. It was late afternoon and the sun was setting. It was letting its last shine cover the grounds in an orange colour before disappearing behind the mountains in the distance for the night.

The little who was sitting at the base of Thalia's Pine, enjoyed the light from the sun, and he turned his back to it, so the shine could fall on the pciture book he was flipping though, without him overshadowing the pages. But slowly, the sun faded away. Not because it was hidden behind the trees now, but because some thick grey clouds had appeared. Ulf tugged his cloak closer to him as he glanced up again. A small wind rushed through the trees and pushed away the few locks of dark hair that had fallen on his forehead. It made the fur on his cape, dance a little and bit gently into his pale cheeks. He knew that those clouds meant. He was after all from the north, and he was used to snow at this time of year.

The white great lion that was lying by his feet lifted its head as well and sniffed. It could probably smell it too. Winter was coming. And it was coming so fast, that Ulf was almost certain that it was going to snow tonight. But the boy did not even have to wait that long, because just as he looked up at the dark clouds, a white flake slowly landed on his chin. It melted before he could even reach out after it, but that did not matter. Soon small snowflakes were falling from the sky everywhere around him.

Usually, the boy did not smile. He rarely did, and most of the time, the grimace turned into some kind of odd pout. But this time he was actually smiling. A young boy ran out of the Khione Cabin and yelled loudly, “IT IS SNOWING!” Before he was followed by a bunch of his friends. That boy was probably feeling the same way as Ulf was right now, but he was louder about it. The cloak the first year was wearing, the same as the one the young man wore. It was no coincidence. Ulf had to place a calming hand on his white lion’s neck in order to prevent it from running after the boy. "Ekki, Ghost þú munt hræða þá," Ulf mumbled in Icelandic, it means "Don't Ghost, you'll scare them."

Last edited by Carys on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: a great christmas...scare. [cherry]   a great christmas...scare. [cherry] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:14 am

Taylor was rather bored. She didn't know what to do about the cold weather. She never liked the colder weather. As she strolled along the borders of camp, her teeth chattered, her ears were red, and her nose was numb. She trekked in the snow. Even though she hated the cold, she couldn't stand another second in that wreched cabin of hers. It would be too crowded in there.

The Hermes cabin was always full of people. With the cold weather, everyone wanted to be by the fire, inside. As much as she'd enjoy that, she didn't enjoy all the people there. A few people was fine, but everyone stuffed into one cabin was never nice. Besides, she would have her annoying brothers to deal with.

Taylor watched as the snowflakes difted down from the sky. She was happy that it wasn't dead sunny for once, but she didn't appreciate it being so cold. To her, this was just plain annoying. She was stuck here, out in the cold, looking for something good to do.

Pacing back and forth, she got her jeans wet. oh great. Best timing ever. she thought sarcastically. She would have to ignore this for now. No way was she going back to the Hermes cabin. She had money that she wanted to keep. And stuff that she actually cared about. Remembering what she had packed earlier, she took out a thermos of hot chocolate and took a sip. Her whole body instantly felt warmer.

As she sipped from the thermos, she walked back into the camp, fighting the cold, ignoring the snowflakes drifting into her face and the soaking wek cuffs of her jeans. She was at Thalia's pine when she saw a figure in the distance. It was a rather large creature. Taylor didn't know about this creature. Was it a pet? Was it a monster? Was it just an illusion? She had no idea. She took out her dagger just in case, clutching it in her hand. better to be safe than sorry she told herself.
Back to top Go down
General Carys

General Carys

PostSubject: Re: a great christmas...scare. [cherry]   a great christmas...scare. [cherry] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:31 am

Ulf smiled and leant over and hugged his lion. He loved the bloody thing to death. They'd been together for years now. Since he was born so 9, but Ghost was goddess-touched and was immortal so he would be safe for ever. He whispered things to the animal in rapid Icelandic, he loved talking in his own language to anything but they never seemed to understand except his family, mother who spoke in his head in Icelandic and also his very own, Ghost. They were linked telepathically, he just spoke out loud though. Ghost heard footsteps and warned Ulf quickly before leaping up and growling. Ulf stood up too looking innocent and terrified. He knew what would happen if someone dared attack them, they'd probably hurt themselves more.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: a great christmas...scare. [cherry]   a great christmas...scare. [cherry] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:44 am

a great christmas...scare. [cherry] Beautiful-brunette-girl-hair-photography-Favim_com-243225
a great christmas...scare. [cherry] Ttitle
Taylor didn't get it? They were allowing lions here now? What the hell? She hated it when she didn't know things, it was in her nature. But what really annoyed her was the fact that this boy was hugging a lion that was potentially dangerous and looked like it wanted to eat someone for dinner? That just annoyed her to no end.

She liked things her way. Way to live life. Whatever. She pushed those thoughts aside and walked over to the boy. “What’s that doing there?” she asked.

Back to top Go down
General Carys

General Carys

PostSubject: Re: a great christmas...scare. [cherry]   a great christmas...scare. [cherry] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:43 pm

ulf valdison,
        Ulf heard a voice behind him and instantly his lion jumped up and growled protecting Ulf. Terror sparked up in Ulf and ice shot out of the snow and the air was think with a cold breeze. He calmed down once he saw who it was and the ice exploded into just. He patted Ghost and looked at Taylor, "This Ghost, he is gift from my móðir," he said finishing his sentence in icelandic.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: a great christmas...scare. [cherry]   a great christmas...scare. [cherry] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:00 pm

a great christmas...scare. [cherry] Beautiful-brunette-girl-hair-photography-Favim_com-243225
Taylordidn't understand the end of his sentece, but she guessed that it meant 'mother' in a foreign language. Meaning that this boy was also foreign. She didn't really care, but another fact to remember about someone else.

She looked at the lion. It didn't seem safe for others to be around this...monster without the boy around. It could really harm another...
Back to top Go down
General Carys

General Carys

PostSubject: Re: a great christmas...scare. [cherry]   a great christmas...scare. [cherry] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:05 pm

ulf valdison,
        Ulf spoke in Icelandic to Ghost quickly and then walked over closer to Taylor. He pulled on her shirt and looked up at her, "Please don't hurt Ghost," he asked looking up at her with his doe-like eyes. His round face was smiling at her after his request as Ghost lay down on the floor and swished his tail licking his lips, "He can't die. He immortal," he also stated making sure she knew it wouldn't end well anyway. He grabbed a shard of ice and tossed it far away and Ghost bolted off to fetch it, "See, he like dog," he said as he jumped up and down when Ghost returned with the shard.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: a great christmas...scare. [cherry]   a great christmas...scare. [cherry] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:17 pm

[font=Trebuchet MS]Taylor raised an eyebrow. This kid wasn’t going to fool her, neither would she fall for little puppy-dog eyes. She wasn’t a sucker for those things. She sighed, “Fine.”She said, though she was still skeptic about the creature. You never know, things may get out of hand.

~Not going to be posting till I fix my hair. Bad hair days suck.~
Back to top Go down
General Carys

General Carys

PostSubject: Re: a great christmas...scare. [cherry]   a great christmas...scare. [cherry] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:27 am

ulf valdison,
        Ulf nodded and grabbed Taylor's hand and tried to pull her towards Ghost, "Come look," was all he said. He let go of her hand after another gentle tug and walked to his best friend. He sat on the ground and wrapped his arms around the lion's neck. He was safe now. No-one could hurt Ulf. He heard a faint whisper, different from the usual one that belonged to Ghost. He thought it was his mother. The whisper grew slightly stronger until he could make out the words "trust no-one. friends are only myths." As soon as the words were spoken Ulf shot up and ice raised out of the ground with him protecting them, "Who just spoke to me in head?" he said a bit afraid and nervous.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: a great christmas...scare. [cherry]   a great christmas...scare. [cherry] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm

Taylor, raising an eyebrow at the chil's weird behaviour bit her tounge so that she wouldn't say something rude to the kid. After all, the kid was only... however old he was, and was oblivious to the cruel world around him. Taylor, being the pessemist came to a conlusion that the voice was probably some monster trying to eat the poor kid for lunch or something.

~TOLD YOU.~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a great christmas...scare. [cherry]   a great christmas...scare. [cherry] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a great christmas...scare. [cherry]
Page 1 of 1