Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Nightmare [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jolaw

jolaw

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:42 am

it was 1:00 in the morning and once again Byron had been stuck in the woods fighting some monster that caught him right before he went back to the cabin. He had been spending all his time out in the woods trying to find a deeproot for a magical herb. He was hoping it could cure the poison that was used on him. Byron blacked out, he was reliving the horrible night. He was in the woods, alone, against camp rules of course but he found himself doing that more and more lately. He sauntered around aimlessly for a while when he heard a snapping branch. He wipped around and noched an arrow in his bow.Something lunged at him from behind. How could it be so fast, he was sure it was coming from that direction. Then he realized that there wasn't only one as another came rippling out of the bushes into sight. he had no idea what it was but it was moving fast. He let the arrow fly and it hit whatever it was in the middle of the forehead but he didnt have time to worry about identifying it, he still had one on his back slashing at his arms to worry about. He pulled a tiny arrow out of his jacket and bucked the, whateveritwas off of him and onto the forest floor. He pressed a button on the bottom of the arrow and noched it sending the arrow at the thing just as it lunged the arrow pierced it's heart, but not before it slashed three deep gash marks into Byron's arms. He ran for the Apollo cabin and made it, as he saw it just before he bled out. He was woozy and about to fall over when he bandaged his cut and passed out on his bunk, still clutching his bow. He snapped out of it and found it was morning. He had passed out and fallen into his bed, and slept the whole night, luckily he hadn't woken anyone up the night before. He sat up in bed and waited for someone to wake up.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 10:00 am

Essie woke up groggily. She muttered something incomprehensible and rolled out of her bed. She never was a morning person. She sighed and sat up, she thought that she had heard someone come in the night when everybody was asleep. She shook her head, knowing that she probably just imagined it all. She sighed and brushed out her hair, not expecting anybody to be awake yet.
Back to top Go down
jolaw

jolaw

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 11:25 am

"Hey Essie." He wanted to talk to her, but it was too hard. When he talked to girls he got all tongue tied and looked like an idiot. "Can i tell you something." He was going to tell her about the night.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Essie looked at Byron, she hadn't talked to him in a while. She smiled and walked over, "What's up Byron?" she asked, sitting next to him. He was one her her old friends, she just didn't talk that much anymore to him, seeing as she had started becoming more isolated over the years.
Back to top Go down
jolaw

jolaw

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 4:14 pm

"Well a few nights ago, I was kinda bored so I decided to go to the woods... alone." He told Essie all about the night. He took off the bandage and showed her the three deep gashes in her arm. "I just haven't been able to find a Deeproot. I've been in the woods every night since then and have had no luck."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 4:20 pm

Essie sighed, "Have you even tried the infirmary yet? Or asked one of the Nymphs?" she said, looking over at him.

"Do you remember where Josh and I used to go all the time?" she asked, not really waiting for an answer, "There was some Deeproot there, not a lot, but some."

She sighed, "To lighten our mood..." she made a drum-roll on her legs, "I finally was able to beat someone with a sword today!" she smiled brightly, all her siblings knew that she couldn't normally fight with a sword if her life depended on it.
Back to top Go down
jolaw

jolaw

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 4:28 pm

"Really? I'll pay a visit down there." He was happy that she could help. "I was going to at first, but you know the penalty of being in the woods alone at night." He kinda frowned, "Desert is not something I give up." I'll probably ask chiron what he thinks it was after I get the Deeproot mash into it." "Congrats on the win." Byron didn't know if he was any good with a sword or not but he didn't have time to worry about it. "Have yo seen the new Mini Arrows the Hephaustus kids thought up?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Essie looked at Byron, "No! I wanted to though." she said, looking at him. She had only heard about the Hephaustus' kids latest weapon. "An thank you." she smiled and laid on her back, looking at the ceiling. "I'll have to see them sometime..." she trailed and bit her lip.
Back to top Go down
jolaw

jolaw

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 4:44 pm

"Well if you wanna check it out i've got one of them left." He pulled a tiny metal Arrow out of his pocket and held it out to her. It was no bigger than his index finger but could easily grow much larger. He pressed a button on the bottom and it grew into a full sized metal arrow.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Essie stared wide eyed at the contraption. "That. Is. Awesome." she said, looking at it again. She had a special love for arrows. She sighed, "That would be so easy to fight with." she said looking at him.
Back to top Go down
jolaw

jolaw

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 9:49 pm

"It's my last one but I dont think I will be fighting for a while. You can have it. While I stay as far away from the woods as possible, after I get the deeproot of course, I am going to sleep."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Essie gave him a spontaneous hug. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!" she said, this was so unlike her to be like this, but she did have a special love for arrows, just like Josh did. She sighed, "Good night then."
Back to top Go down
jolaw

jolaw

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 9:57 pm

"No prob, I can pick up some more on my way to get that deeproot." Jacob Sinclair was making them whenever he had the chance. He said he was trying to get better at magic forging.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Essie smiled, "Seriously, thanks." she said, truthfully. She had known Byron for a long time, she wasn't as close with him as maybe Leroy or Josh, but she was still close. "How is everything?" she asked, smiling.
Back to top Go down
jolaw

jolaw

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:06 pm

"Oh same same, the whole wolf thing is kind of an adventure apposed to me sitting in the arena shooting a target for 12 hours a day." In all reality that was true maybe it hurt more but it was more adventurous. "I think I might find a new bow, this one is started to rot."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Essie looked at his, "Sort of..." she trailed, looking at his bow. It looked sort of bad to her. Maybe though that was because she kept her bow in near perfect condition since she received it. " Is there a way you can possibly fix it?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
jolaw

jolaw

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:15 pm

"Maybe rub it with salt water but thats the best I can think of. Maybe I'll let a Satyr take a look at it, their good with wooden weapons right?" He sure hoped so this was the only bow that had stood out to him when he went to the armory.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Essie thought for a moment, "I think so..." she said, "I don't know for sure...I didn't ever learn that stuff...I came here when I was nine." she added, she wanted no pity, she was just, stating why she didn't learn so much mythology.
Back to top Go down
jolaw

jolaw

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:23 pm

"I got here when I was 12. You know I love archery class, and Chiron's always talkin' about how Satyrs love the woods and only use wooden weapons so some like bows."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nightmare [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare [Open]   Nightmare [Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightmare [Open]
Page 1 of 1